Holiday gaming deals -

Replies

• Options
    Edison wrote: »
    So in the shipments shards are 80 Crystals each.

50x of one character is 4,000 crystals.

$30 is 4,140 crystals.

So for $30, you’re getting 8,000 crystals worth of shards for the price of 4,000.

2x value

I think this is what they were trying to say. Changing things this late would make things worse than just leaving them be.
  • Options
    Roken_Fett wrote: »
    Let's say it does play out that way, that instead of 50 each you get 100 each. That would royally kitten of everyone who already bought it. And if you planned on getting JITR this first time around you most certainly bought it.

I did, last week.

But the devs could rectify this by simply giving those of us who already bought it those extra 50/50 shards.

Granted, I already spent a ton of time getting VHan to 96/100, so that sux, but Chewis is 50/100.

I wouldn't be mad at it.

How many times have you bought something just for it to go on sale two weeks later? Does that store owe you the difference? No. Same logic applies here.
  • Options
    I wonder why the 699 crystal First Order pack is in the store twice for me, next to each other. Exact same pack, one has 21 hours left, the other has 1 day and 10 hours
  • Options
    well.. technically you could bring back the original item and its receipt for a refund... then buy the item all over again at sale price
  • Options
    I bought the smuggler pack this week already....I really hope its not a super last minute special because i will be really mad.
  • Options
    Darksteel wrote: »
    I wonder why the 699 crystal First Order pack is in the store twice for me, next to each other. Exact same pack, one has 21 hours left, the other has 1 day and 10 hours

Same for me.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2937 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Let's say it does play out that way, that instead of 50 each you get 100 each. That would royally kitten of everyone who already bought it. And if you planned on getting JITR this first time around you most certainly bought it.

I did, last week.

But the devs could rectify this by simply giving those of us who already bought it those extra 50/50 shards.

Granted, I already spent a ton of time getting VHan to 96/100, so that sux, but Chewis is 50/100.

I wouldn't be mad at it.

How many times have you bought something just for it to go on sale two weeks later? Does that store owe you the difference? No. Same logic applies here.

If you buy something at Walmart, and 2 weeks later it goes on sale, and you bring the item back and tell them it's because it's on sale now, they will give you

I did, last week.

I wouldn't be mad at it.

If you buy something at Walmart, and 2 weeks later it goes on sale, and you bring the item back and tell them it's because it's on sale now, they will give you the difference.

Only if you bought that item within 7 days, after that, you get nothing, you lose, good day sir! Bottom line is they are under no obligation to give people anything if they bought the pack pre-sale. I do agree that it would be in their best interest, just to avoid the drama.
  • Options
    Edison wrote: »
    So in the shipments shards are 80 Crystals each.

50x of one character is 4,000 crystals.

$30 is 4,140 crystals.

So for $30, you’re getting 8,000 crystals worth of shards for the price of 4,000.

2x value

It's definitely this. They aren't upping the amount you are getting, sorry to burst all your bubbles. They just want you to know how good of a deal the pack is.
  • Options

I did, last week.

I wouldn't be mad at it.

If you buy something at Walmart, and 2 weeks later it goes on sale, and you bring the item back and tell them it's because it's on sale now, they will give you the difference.

Not true, it’s 7 days. Regardless, they are under no obligation to give the sale deal to those who already bought just because Walmart does it. Just look at what google gets here compared to iOS. I do agree it would be in their best interest to do it just to avoid the drama
  • Options
    I hope it's something new though, but we'll see shortly
  • Options
    So a person buys the vet bundle when they release it just over a week ago. They get 50 shards of each. Pack disappeares.

Today, an in game popup appears, offering the pack to everyone, including those who bought the last vet pack, but at 2x the value. Pack does not exist. Why? First, why discount it a week after the other one, and why isn't it actually available to those who got the last one
  • Options
    As hard as it is, we all need to be patient. I’m sitting home with the flu and can’t wait to get more info on this but I know that we will find out soon enough. Be patient!
  • Options
    Whaaaat? You got a screen shot? What do you mean by 2x the value? You mean 100 200 shards total for 29.99 USD or the 100 shards total at 29.99 14.99 USD
  • Options
    I didn't take one, but I did Get the popup. I can't say what the deal was because it's not available to me. It just said "2X Bonus Value"
  • Options
    You didn’t see the other thread on this??
  • Options
    Mother... TALZIN! Raaah!

Well, at 92/100 on vet chew and 88/100 on vet Han as of right now.

Oh well, I rolled the dice and bought the pack when it first came out, and farmed 3x refills a day.

What can I do but enjoy Rey 2.0 when most everyone can't. >:)
  • Options
    You didn’t see the other thread on this??

Obviously I didn't or I wouldn't have started another thread. You a Moderator all of a sudden?
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    Hiya!
    This is in reference to the Packs already being sold in Store. Let me investigate and I'll return with more information.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Hiya!
    This is in reference to the Packs already being sold in Store. Let me investigate and I'll return with more information.

More false advertising if it’s not double the shards for the price or less money for the same shards.... if it stands as is then I for sure won’t be buying that pack and will save my cash

2x the value does not mean 2x the rewards. I agree it was poorly worded but hardly false advertisement.
  • Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    It's just their way of saying we should charge 60$ for this pack but it's 30$ so buy it
  • Options
    Aww I was kind of hoping it was going to be more shard packs for the vets
  • Options
    So is this kind of like the "Just for you!" banners we get for the 19.99 crystal packs for 2800 crystals that costs "you" 19.99?

Maybe they should stop trying to use Google Translate for English?
  • Options
    It's just their way of saying we should charge 60$ for this pack but it's 30$ so buy it

I’ll take pass lol.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    So is this kind of like the "Just for you!" banners we get for the 19.99 crystal packs for 2800 crystals that costs "you" 19.99?

Maybe they should stop trying to use Google Translate for English?

Nail meet head
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    HOOKAY.

We temporarily ran a pop-up that was promoting bundles which are already in the store. We apologize this caused confusion and immediately pulled the pop-up down. The contents of the bundles are not changing at this time. We are revising the messaging to make this clear before it goes live again.
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    Thanks for sorting this out!!!
  • Options
    thanks for the info, appreciated
  • Options
    I thought it was doubled because the first time it was offered it was 25 shards each for the same amount.
    @CG_Kozispoon you would make more money if you had 100 pack shards for sale and people could buy 2.
  • Options
    Ty for clarifying.
  • Options
    the term 'value' in reference to this game is an oxymoron.