Holiday gaming deals -

Replies

• Options
    Jamesm wrote: »
    Matt_B wrote: »
    HOOKAY!
    Hotfix has been pushed and information detailed HERE

That update makes it sound like there isn't any change to the packs, just the language on the website. I'm not a programmer but I would guess that changing the website doesn't require a hotfix for the game. I mean, there would be tons of updates everyday if that were true.

The hotfix is to extend the packs

tenor.gif

Sounds great for the people that didn't buy them. I already bought them all...so why do I need an update?
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Why no dislike button
    Because last time it got abused by trolls, going in on peoples profile and disliked their entire history of posts
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Why no dislike button
    Because last time it got abused by trolls, going in on peoples profile and disliked their entire history of posts

and what's wrong with that? If I feel someone all posts are full of kittens?
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    collapsE wrote: »
    Why no dislike button

Personally I don't care, if people want to spend the time to dislike thousands of posts, go ahead it not my time wasted, and if if it was me the did it to I would just laugh, but some gets offended by it
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    Spoiler
    collapsE wrote: »
    Why no dislike button

Personally I don't care, if people want to spend the time to dislike thousands of posts, go ahead it not my time wasted, and if if it was me the did it to I would just laugh, but some gets offended by it

Yeah, people get offended on a daily basis these days...
  • Options
    What a slap in the face this turned out to be. Thanks CG.
  • Options
    Can't even fully upgrade a mk5 mod with that Christmas bonus. How generous.
  • Options
    How tempting that unheard-of-but-already-implemented holiday deal is, i guess FOSFTP will be farmed and geared the hard long way
  • Options
    This is really upsetting. I was looking forward to this and was planning on spending some money. Guess I'll save it for Christmas!
  • Anavel_Gato
    371 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Nvm
  • Options
    HOOKAY!

That update makes it sound like there isn't any change to the packs, just the language on the website. I'm not a programmer but I would guess that changing the website doesn't require a hotfix for the game. I mean, there would be tons of updates everyday if that were true.

tenor.gif

Sounds great for the people that didn't buy them. I already bought them all...so why do I need an update?

Was it that big of an inconvenience for you?
  • Options
    Guess Rocksmith will be happy to get those hundreds of dollars from me instead.
  • Options
    CG, please reconsider this and add 25% Omega Materials as well, originally offering us 4.8 mats but up it to 6! Then we can feel like we're smart consumers!
  • Options
    Wow. I defended the devs a little (and I still believe this was a corporate snafu not an in house screw up, Kozi can only respond by towing the line, so any vitriol directed at her or the dev team is unwarranted) but the sweeping under the rug “fix” (that probably came down from a marketing manager) is reprehensible. I’m 23 shards away from getting the vets to 50/100 and I was going to gift myself the pack, with or without the 25%, but this “fix” gives me pause...
  • Options
    weldon08 wrote: »
    Wow. I defended the devs a little (and I still believe this was a corporate snafu not an in house screw up, Kozi can only respond by towing the line, so any vitriol directed at her or the dev team is unwarranted)
    Exactly, it's not Kozi's or other moderators fault. What they need to do though, is to take this issue "upstairs"
  • Options
    HOOKAY!

tenor.gif

Yea I was playing the game
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    weldon08 wrote: »
    Wow. I defended the devs a little (and I still believe this was a corporate snafu not an in house screw up, Kozi can only respond by towing the line, so any vitriol directed at her or the dev team is unwarranted)
    Exactly, it's not Kozi's or other moderators fault. What they need to do though, is to take this issue "upstairs"

Not saying it is their fault, but I will say if I was told to put out this excrement I would be refusing and putting in my resignation. Surely someone has morals or some sort of ethical fortitude.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Merry Christmas! I don’t need the extended packs and bundles
  • Options
    HOOKAY!

tenor.gif

real life problems l m a o
  • Options
    Rojas wrote: »
    HOOKAY!

tenor.gif

real life problems l m a o

I don't get it. Did you forget to type the funny part?
  • Options
    I guess I am really confused because those bundles never existed prior to the event so how do they have value added credits. Does that mean after the 23rd they loose their credit increase but will still be in the store? Or do they disappear never to be seen again to confirm the credit value decreased and this is a shell game?

$5 packs and the return of the $10 - 21 Day crystal pack. That’s all I ask.
  • Options
    HOOKAY!

tenor.gif

And yet, you're still alive and life goes on.
  • Options
    Wow.... yet another kick in the nuts. Unreal. Would it have killed the bottom line to offer what the deal originally promised?
  • Options
    HOOKAY!

tenor.gif

And yet, you're still alive and life goes on.

Cool story bro
  • Options
    @Jamesm
    @Matt_B

Did you have to keep quoting the entire thread to work that out? So annoying having to scroll 10 minutes to find the next 3 word response. It's almost as bad as scrolling for bronziums.

Also, Matt won.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    IMG_0580.png

IMG_0581.jpg

The bundles are not 25% more credits. Same deal as sept/oct
  • Options
    It was already a generous 25% credit bonus in september, at this time it was just not necessary to advertise it or so.

No really, whoever approved/created such a blatant lie for this promotion should get fired. We are used that some stuff sometimes in this game is sometimes not inline with the expecations of the customers, but todays announcment puts the bar really really low.
  • scuba
    14079 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    IMG_0580.png

IMG_0581.jpg

The bundles are not 25% more credits. Same deal as sept/oct

Yeah I don't understand how it is 25% more credits. More than what if it is the same amount as offered before?
    Maybe @CG_Kozispoon or someone else can explain the math.

Sorry for long image but wanted to make sure it captured the date

NoZbOea.jpg
    Post edited by scuba on
  • Options
    Nice work! I really dont get how something that has been always there now qualifies as a “Star Wars Holiday Gaming Deal” with “Get up to 25% added value on select in-app purchases”.

As someone on reddit stated, the worst part of it is that they had a designer going htough the image and putting in the math for those dubious 25%.