I think it is time to retire the rancor raid!

Replies

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    If you are tired of The Pit, then just don't play i, or do a Zero posting(takes 5 seconds), why kill the game for upcoming players?
    The Pit is for low level players and a lot of them enjoys it, like we did once
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Options
    I wonder why they move interesting threads to unknown sub-forums and keep pointless ones in General.
    In any case, no. It is a bad suggestion that doesn't change the game in a positive way. Adding a new Tier would be cool, but why remove it? Seems so unnecessary and illogical that makes me think this is a troll thread.
  • Options
    Are you all actually so stuck up that you disagree with a new raid that would replace a raid that we have done hundreds of times. And make it a monthly event with good rewards and not removing it from the game... makes no sense.
  • Options
    I wonder why they move interesting threads to unknown sub-forums and keep pointless ones in General.
    In any case, no. It is a bad suggestion that doesn't change the game in a positive way. Adding a new Tier would be cool, but why remove it? Seems so unnecessary and illogical that makes me think this is a troll thread.
    Dude can you read? I didn't say remove it, I said make it an event once a month and bring a new raid in it's place with the same rewards
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Nobody has a problem with a new raid or a tougher version of the Pit raid. We don't agree with eliminating the old raid completely as a weekly event. Once a month doesn't cut it.
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    If you are tired of The Pit, then just don't play i, or do a Zero posting(takes 5 seconds), why kill the game for upcoming players?
    The Pit is for low level players and a lot of them enjoys it, like we did once

You said it, "we did once". Which means we don't enjoy it any more but we need the rewards just as much.
  • Options
    How about instead of removing a critical part of growth for new players. You just make a T8 thats meant for G11+? And to keep it from being a grind you can either halve the turn meter removal effects on the boss or make them immune to meter removal all together for this tier? Allows for newer players to keep the benefits of organizing a raid toghter, getting gear, and Han shards. And allow older players to have a new challenge for better rewards? Say for this T8 replace Han shards with zeta mats (Though not the same number)
  • Options
    JaggedJ wrote: »
    Nobody has a problem with a new raid or a tougher version of the Pit raid. We don't agree with eliminating the old raid completely as a weekly event. Once a month doesn't cut it.

BUT I NEVER SAID ELIMINATE IT. CAN'T YOU READ MY POST? I SAID MAKE IT AN EVENT
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    How about instead of removing a critical part of growth for new players. You just make a T8 thats meant for G11+? And to keep it from being a grind you can either halve the turn meter removal effects on the boss or make them immune to meter removal all together for this tier? Allows for newer players to keep the benefits of organizing a raid toghter, getting gear, and Han shards. And allow older players to have a new challenge for better rewards? Say for this T8 replace Han shards with zeta mats (Though not the same number)

How is a brand new raid not gonna help new players grow or enjoy it? And still be able to do rancor once a month
  • Options
    No. This thread comes up every now and then but it always feels selfish when it does.

The Rancor raid is one step in the process for EVERY player.

If there's no point then don't do it but there would be a lot of players/guilds who still benefit from it and why should they miss out on it because longtime players see "no point"?

This
  • Options
    cadwane wrote: »

Nup don't like it.

You're still removing a rung for newer players that would create a large jump to get to the next level.

This would hurt retention which would then hurt game longivity.

So......no.
  • Options

Nup don't like it.

You're still removing a rung for newer players that would create a large jump to get to the next level.

So......no.

You must either not read or purposely ignore messages. I said bring a new raid to take it's place. Same rewards, same raid tickets, same gear requirements only different mechanics and theme
  • Boba_The_Fetter
    3393 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Surely if you're going to make a brand new raid you would put at the latest stage of the game not in the middle offering G8 and 9 pieces?

Rancor,→HAAT, ↣TB/TW, →new raid

Not
    New raid →HAAT →TB/TW →rancor

And if a new raid was introduced to REPLACE the rancor and what the rancor provides for players then it again would be pointless because anyone who's past the rancor stage of the game will be able to solo the new raid because they'll have to tune it for players that are grinding at that stage gear wise.

Just a terrible idea
  • Options

How is a brand new raid not gonna help new players grow or enjoy it? And still be able to do rancor once a month
    Setting the rancor the A once a month is pointless, whole load of pointless work for devs trashinf a raid and making a new one just for the super experienced, and the rancor is fine as is for new players
  • Options
    Surely if you're going to make a brand new raid you would put at the latest stage of the game not in the middle offering G8 and 9 pieces?

Not

All you need for rancor is CLS nowadays and he is easier to obtain than most toons. You don't have to optimize for rancor. If you farm empire for r2 you basically have a rancor team done. Zader, Thrawn, TFP, Tarkin, you throw a 5th and you are gold
  • Options
    Face it @cadwane your idea is , well, not really a good one. As pointed out many times, removing the rancor and turning it into a once a month event is , well, slightly poorly thought out. Since you are OBVIOUSLY a highly skilled and developed player, your attention should be on Haat , or the LS and DS TB, those are where end game players focus their attention nowadays.

Removing a guild event earned via raid tickets, which has been an integral part of every players road from level one to level 85, makes about as much sense and walking off a cliff without a parachute or bungee cord.
  • Options

Setting the rancor the A once a month is pointless, whole load of pointless work for devs trashinf a raid and making a new one just for the super experienced, and the rancor is fine as is for new players

There are far more current players than new players. What about them?
  • Options
    Also guild shop currency is more valuable then ever, so once a month eats into the amount we can earn.
  • Options

Not

All you need for rancor is CLS nowadays and he is easier to obtain than most toons. You don't have to optimize for rancor. If you farm empire for r2 you basically have a rancor team done. Zader, Thrawn, TFP, Tarkin, you throw a 5th and you are gold

Easier to obtain nowadays? What are you talking about? Hes only been possible to unlock literally once in this game and his second turn is only just coming at the end of the month. R2 ? Thrawn? None of these characters are easy to obtain
  • Options
    Face it @cadwane your idea is , well, not really a good one. As pointed out many times, removing the rancor and turning it into a once a month event is , well, slightly poorly thought out. Since you are OBVIOUSLY a highly skilled and developed player, your attention should be on Haat , or the LS and DS TB, those are where end game players focus their attention nowadays.

Removing a guild event earned via raid tickets, which has been an integral part of every players road from level one to level 85, makes about as much sense and walking off a cliff without a parachute or bungee cord.

So I'm assuming you enjoy every 2 days setting cls and han on auto and walking away for 10 minutes and that's it. Instead of a new raid?
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    edited December 2017
    Options

Nup don't like it.

So......no.

You must either not read or purposely ignore messages. I said bring a new raid to take it's place. Same rewards, same raid tickets, same gear requirements only different mechanics and theme

My reading is fine thanks. My opinion hasn't changed.

Changing game mechanics and theme is fine for what? A couple of raids and then you're bored again?

For a new raid to be worthwhile it needs to provide a challenge so the difficulty has to increase. So not only would you be removing a rung from the ladder you'd be putting it higher and asking newer players to jump the gap.

Bad for retention. Bad for longevity.

So.....no.
  • Options

Not

Easier to obtain nowadays? What are you talking about? Hes only been possible to unlock literally once in this game and his second turn is only just coming at the end of the month. R2 ? Thrawn? None of these characters are easy to obtain

How long do you think it takes a brand new player to assemble a rancor solo squad and be able to gear and mod them for it without CLS? Probably longer than just getting CLS all along
  • Options

Not

How long do you think it takes a brand new player to assemble a rancor solo squad and be able to gear and mod them for it without CLS? Probably longer than just getting CLS all along

I would disagree. CLS needs, as you mentioned the empire (geared and leveled)for R2 and then the other 4 (easy to farm). So that's 10 characters compared to 5 for a 'rancor solo squad'. So already CLS takes longer.

Then add on the fact that it could be another 4, 5, 6!? Months before his return. Even less than 4 months is longer then the 0 time a player would have to wait to make their solo squad
  • Options

Not

I would disagree. CLS needs, as you mentioned the empire (geared and leveled)for R2 and then the other 4 (easy to farm). So that's 10 characters compared to 5 for a 'rancor solo squad'. So already CLS takes longer.

Then add on the fact that it could be another 4, 5, 6!? Months before his return. Even less than 4 months is longer then the 0 time a player would have to wait to make their solo squad

Once you are on the path to R2 you basically have all the ingredients for a rancor solo. You can have Darth Vader, TFP, Tarkin, and then throw in Rex and Jyn or generally most teams can do the job once you have zader and tfp.
  • Options

So I'm assuming you enjoy every 2 days setting cls and han on auto and walking away for 10 minutes and that's it. Instead of a new raid?

Assume what you will, if you wish to be technical, I zero tag half the Rancors we run, and the other half I solo, and frankly whether I use my empire sans CLS , or a CLS comp, does not make one bit of difference.

Your complaint over a raid that was designed to be tackled several level caps ago and several more gear caps ago is frankly silly. Once you have developed your roster, in WHICHEVER fashion to be able to handle the rancor with ease, that should be considered an accomplishment, however you seem to portray it as a detriment, I think you have forgotten that the rancor is NOT A END GAME RAID. Of course lol, as I have seen mentioned elsewhere, if it's too easy and your bored, why don't you start a new account and then everything will be fun and challenging again.
  • Options
    OP is literally the only person who has posted here who likes this idea.
  • Options
    Oh and furthermore, leave the now to be considered early Midgame players raid alone, and figure out a useful new endgame raid to be the next challenge. By your logic regarding rancor, the tank raid both Naat and Haat are in similar places, so we might as well scrap the tank for a new raid too then
  • Options

Assume what you will, if you wish to be technical, I zero tag half the Rancors we run, and the other half I solo, and frankly whether I use my empire sans CLS , or a CLS comp, does not make one bit of difference.

Your complaint over a raid that was designed to be tackled several level caps ago and several more gear caps ago is frankly silly. Once you have developed your roster, in WHICHEVER fashion to be able to handle the rancor with ease, that should be considered an accomplishment, however you seem to portray it as a detriment, I think you have forgotten that the rancor is NOT A END GAME RAID. Of course lol, as I have seen mentioned elsewhere, if it's too easy and your bored, why don't you start a new account and then everything will be fun and challenging again.

That's not an argument, "just start a new account". If rancor wasn't end game raid then it wouldn't pay end game gear and end game currency.

Rancor won't be gone for good, it will still remain something that players need to work on
  • Options
    IC3M4N wrote: »
    OP is literally the only person who has posted here who likes this idea.

Well it is a bad idea, hats off to him for standing his ground though.. I guess?
  • Options
    I don’t mind setting my team hit auto and come back in 10 min, easy gear accrual, plus 75-105 more shard shop currency.