The whole Nightsister thing

Replies

• Options
    They’ll become farmable very soon.
  • Options
    but you know 2* zombie is just as good as 7* zombie ;) at least in arena
  • Options
    but you know 2* zombie is just as good as 7* zombie ;) at least in arena

Until you need the 7 star version in some event.
  • Options
    TofuMao wrote: »
    They’ll become farmable very soon.

Err. That's not what devs said sometime ago. Specific to MT, Zombie and Spirit.. The only way to get them shards are from these Dathomir events.
  • Options
    If they put mt farmable, i ll ask a refund for the packs i bought..
  • rotating_wave
    9 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ok,i,understood.thx you all and happy new year!
    ; )
  • Options
    Same here :)
  • Options
    I literally switch to my Empire team for NS and kill them in about a minute flat. Thrawn Lead, Tarkin, DT, Shore and Nihlus usually

SWGoH - TurgonGW
    Guild - Starchoppers - Feel free to help us in the Raids!
  • Options
    Oh yeah NS has easy counters.
    However EA made us to spend money on the vets answer RJT and RJT can't even beat NS. Low star, low gear, crap NS. It is bad for the game.
  • BoogieWoogiw
    54 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    However EA made us to spend money on the vets answer RJT and RJT can't even beat NS. Low star, low gear, **** NS. It is bad for the game.

Bollocks. RJT was announced early enough so even f2p players got her now. To get talizn to 7 u need to invest at least 200 $ so go farm better mods as RJT could beat all in offence.

Oh sorry just check your profile and see that u miss NS;) all clear now
  • ripthestage
    153 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    1) I don't miss them, check it again (and you think I would not star MT in 10 mins if I want to with my 3,2m GP roster? ;) but pointless because I don't need her for events and don't care my stats)
    2) you don't need to 7* MT, nor zombie. Plague doesn't need stars, neither zombie
    3) they are easy to beat with Thrawn, Rex, CLS meta CLS Chaze etc.

You just missed the whole point - it is clear since you were talking about stars ;) - that they don't need stars nor gear. MT needs a zeta or she doesn't even need if you put it on Assaj lead. Because plague just works.

However EA made us to spend money on the vets answer RJT and RJT can't even beat NS. Low star, low gear, **** NS. It is bad for the game.

Bollocks. RJT was announced early enough so even f2p players got her now. To get talizn to 7 u need to invest at least 200 $ so go farm better mods as RJT could beat all in offence.

• Options

You my friend are a troll.
    1) RJT had a minority of FTP that could get her.
    2) RJT does not beat every team on offense. There are NS teams that our top 10 on a 2015 server suffer against.
    3) you probably haven’t faced a MT zeta lead team.
    4) RJT is absolutely crap on defense although she was meant to be their best defensive toon.
    5) a 4* MT double zeta is as lethal as a 7*. Remember Nihilus? People that invested in a 7* MT did it out of choice not necessity. I respect that.
    6) check Ripthestage profile again. I think you hit the wrong persons name in SWGOH.GG :-)))
  • BoogieWoogiw
    54 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Not rly i run NS swuad with zzasaji zztalzin and zdaka...and im facing ns squad every day. The key is to get good mods...thats all. And if you think rey cannot win go farm mods. Saw his profile and still think he miss NS. I dont care about GP. I Might have similar roster but prefer to play ns instad cls or rey. Its all about what you like. Bu i never complain when cls dominates arena and i was running empire.
    Half of my guild dont pay for the game and they obtain Rey...so pls
    And about the stars. I think if u are top player it might be important. I havent dropped from top 3for a half of the last year and usually dont drop from top 10after night but i really think difference between dmg on 4* and 7* and is huge. Look at mt aoe.
  • Options
    Well we are all in the same boat then :-) I don’t drop out of top 10.
    My lowest payout is 5 and it’s cayse we share top 5 spots.
    The best mods are on our Arena squads. So yeah you might not see them on the NS toons.

Man if your guild farmed the veterans without spending crystals and I don’t think your whole guild is rank 1 in arena. Don’t be naive, just cause people say they are FTP doesn’t make em that lol.

Everyone knows RJT is a pay to win toon and I totally respect you for not wanting to admit it, especially if it makes you sleep better knowing we are paying for pixels loool
  • Options
    Zombie at low gear is so 2017 :lol:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Achilles wrote: »
    Zombie at low gear is so 2017 :lol:

+1000000

• Options
    I haven't seen your profile cause could not find you but I bet I have better mods than you or at least as good. Please don't teach me to play... But if you think my mods were crap when lost against NS a lot with RJT, please tell me how can I farm better mods which gives me more than my 130+ speed or 110 speed with 216% CD sets... BB8 295, R2 282, RJT 242 216% CD Rey 272 216% CD and 230 GK... Maybe my 242 speed Ben was too slow when I used him instead of BB8. LOL

The issue here is the mechanism. Zombie 3* g2 is as good as 7* g12 (tbh better cause can't be Fractured...). Revive, taunt.
    Not rly i run NS swuad with zzasaji zztalzin and zdaka...and im facing ns squad every day. The key is to get good mods...thats all. And if you think rey cannot win go farm mods. Saw his profile and still think he miss NS. I dont care about GP. I Might have similar roster but prefer to play ns instad cls or rey. Its all about what you like. Bu i never complain when cls dominates arena and i was running empire.
    And about the stars. I think if u are top player it might be important. I havent dropped from top 3for a half of the last year and usually dont drop from top 10after night but i really think difference between dmg on 4* and 7* and is huge. Look at mt aoe.

• Nuriela
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Bz183 wrote: »
    Any squad that gets embarrassingly spanked by chaze when used by someone who has a brain...is not meta.

Lol. So because some guy who thinks he runs a good NS squad loses to Chaze, you are convinced that they are not META. They are META just because all of you here wasted time not getting them doesn't mean they are not.

So tell me at what point does my team get beaten so badly by Chaze that I should be embarrassed? Threw in a RJT w/B2 video too because people are saying B2 is unbeatable vs NS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQeN8LW8c7A
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Oz0zKuWDM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TsuNJ2bwQC0
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    @Nuriela
    you do realize that the AI doesn't have a brain right?
    Any squad that gets embarrassingly spanked by chaze when used by someone who has a brain...is not meta.

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nuriela
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    @Nuriela

You do realize that every team gets beat on defense right? So stating the obvious for any team, means that NS aren't META? lol. I guess being able to hit auto on just about every team, while every other supposed META has to have the person control to win against most teams, is not as effective?? How is being more effective than every other team, not the Most Effective Team Available.

Also, when a team like NS comes along and forces people to really think about how to beat you, and forcing other teams to change out their ideal squad (which leaves them weaker vs everyone else). How is that not the META?
  • Options
    @Nuriela The NS are META. No one’s saying otherwise. Surely you can beat every single team on offense but surely you must admit that a 2* Zombie with 6k GP that can’t be controlled, dying and respawning, making Assaj and Daka more dangerous is a bug?

It’s not WAI cause I’ve seen how a 7* g12 zombie plays and the 2* version is way more viable.
  • Options
    I'd say NS are one of the more META teams out there .. but regardless it's nice to see some variety back in the game again vs the plug and play CLS toons.

Also if you wanna destroy NS hard, just use a solid Trooper team. Even tho I have a strong NS team, I love putting my troopers on to mess up other NS squads.
  • Kanjo
    11 posts Member
    Options
    The nightsister rework sums up the negligence of the devs on this game and not for the first time. An absolute joke along with the wreckless inability to cap speed on mods.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nuriela wrote: »
    @Nuriela

You do realize that every team gets beat on defense right? So stating the obvious for any team, means that NS aren't META? lol. I guess being able to hit auto on just about every team, while every other supposed META has to have the person control to win against most teams, is not as effective?? How is being more effective than every other team, not the Most Effective Team Available.

Also, when a team like NS comes along and forces people to really think about how to beat you, and forcing other teams to change out their ideal squad (which leaves them weaker vs everyone else). How is that not the META?

i'm just pointing out that your response in no way discredits the point he made.
    The whole what does "meta" mean discussion is beyond me, i just call the most commonly used and often most powerfull team at the same time the "meta". Other people have a different definition, but discussing semantics is pointless.
    You can call NS meta, that's fine by me. But NS are only this effective because no-one is actively countering them. It seems being able to consistandly beat them on offence is enough. Mainly, as you pointed out, because countering NS will leave your team vulnerable vs the more commonly used teams.
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JasFonz wrote: »
    @Nuriela The NS are META. No one’s saying otherwise. Surely you can beat every single team on offense but surely you must admit that a 2* Zombie with 6k GP that can’t be controlled, dying and respawning, making Assaj and Daka more dangerous is a bug?

It’s not WAI cause I’ve seen how a 7* g12 zombie plays and the 2* version is way more viable.

Absolutely working as intended - devs said they wanted a endless horde of zombies jumping into the fray - practically any team with real AoE (and not JUST r2) can beat them on O and D.
    Complaning about NS is just a complaint about their Counter Meta set-up verse the typical CLS and now TLJ Rey (to a lesser extent) single target teams.

Most of us don't want to see the same 50 teams in arena - it's a good thing to mix it up. As been stated, in some arena's where NS is more dominate it's opened the path back up to Sith/especially Zid, Veerz and crew.

At this point - anyone complaining about NS are going under the same column as #nerfrey - so, just go back to #august and #getgooder thank you.

(edit - le spelling)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • WompWompRat
    1833 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    ^ Agree - I'm way happier seeing more diversity in the mix now as opposed to just a couple of months ago when it was all CLS teams. That was a low point in the game for me. Between the fact that we're seeing more variety in arena shards and the fun of Territory Wars, which allows us to use more of our toons/squads than ever before, things are better now IMO. For me it started when the NS update came around and added some fun.

For people who are frustrated about the Zombie/Acolyte cheese, there are ways to beat it. It's not exactly a secret in terms of how you beat it so if it's that frustrating to you then just build a good counter team with plenty of AoE
  • Nuriela
    147 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Nuriela wrote: »
    @Nuriela

i'm just pointing out that your response in no way discredits the point he made.
    The whole what does "meta" mean discussion is beyond me, i just call the most commonly used and often most powerfull team at the same time the "meta". Other people have a different definition, but discussing semantics is pointless.
    You can call NS meta, that's fine by me. But NS are only this effective because no-one is actively countering them. It seems being able to consistandly beat them on offence is enough. Mainly, as you pointed out, because countering NS will leave your team vulnerable vs the more commonly used teams.

How are we debating semantics??

META has one definition Most Effective Team Available, if you think it means most commonly used team they would have called it the MCUT. So I agree lets not argue semantics we can both agree you do not know the definition of META. So consistently beating a team on offense makes them not the META? So by that logic there is no such thing as META as every team is consistently beat on defense.

So lets end the debate.

Definition of most
    1 : greatest in quantity, extent, or degree the most ability
    2 : the majority of most people

Most in the case we are talking would be definition 1, as we are talking about the effectiveness of teams.

Definition of effective
    1 a : producing a decided, decisive, or desired effect an effective policy
    b : impressive, striking
    a gold lamé fabric studded with effective … precious stones —Stanley Marcus
    2 : being in effect : operative the tax becomes effective next year
    3 : actual the need to increase effective demand for goods
    4 : ready for service or action effective manpower
    5 of a rate of interest : equal to the rate of simple interest that yields the same amount when the interest is paid once at the end of the interest period as a quoted rate of interest does when calculated at compound interest over the same period — compare nominal 4

This is definition 1 as well as we are talking about who has the best desired effect.

Definition of team
    1 : a number of persons associated together in work or activity: such as
    a : a group on one side (as in football or a debate)
    b : crew, gang
    2 a : two or more draft animals harnessed to the same vehicle or implement; also : these with their harness and attached vehicle
    b : a draft animal often with harness and vehicle
    3 : a group of animals: such as
    a : a brood especially of young pigs or ducks
    b : a matched group of animals for exhibition

Again definition 1 is what we use here because it is a group of characters working together on one side.

Definition of available
    1 : present or ready for immediate use available resources
    2 : accessible, obtainable articles available in any drugstore
    3 : qualified or willing to do something or to assume a responsibility available candidates
    4 : present in such chemical or physical form as to be usable (as by a plant) available nitrogen available water
    5 law : valid —used of a legal plea or charge
    6 archaic : having a beneficial effect

This would be definition 2 because we are talking about what is currently avaiable in the game

So now that you understand the definion of each word maybe you will understand that when it comes to the current META NS are it. There is no second META there would only be an AETA (an effective team available).

Who has the greatest degree of being able to beat any team? Is it based on speed, damage done, how quickly a fight is decided?? In just about every case that's NS, so they are the MOST

Who is able to achieve a desired outcome against the most amount of teams without needing to change characters in and out better than everyone else?? Again NS I can auto everyone and I don't need to change my team no matter who I face. NS are EFFECTIVE.

Are the NS a TEAM, I believe so.

Who is available right now for anyone to get?? Not CLS, GK, Thrawn, R2. But all the basic NS and the zombie doesn't even have to be high gear or level. And as stated above MT doesn't have to be full stars to be effective. Are NS readily AVAILABLE, yes they are.

NS are the META based on the definition we use.

And I dind't even have to argue semantics because there simply are none in this case.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    ^ Agree - I'm way happier seeing more diversity in the mix now as opposed to just a couple of months ago when it was all CLS teams. That was a low point in the game for me. Between the fact that we're seeing more variety in arena shards and the fun of Territory Wars, which allows us to use more of our toons/squads than ever before, things are better now IMO. For me it started when the NS update came around and added some fun.

For people who are frustrated about the Zombie/Acolyte cheese, there are ways to beat it. It's not exactly a secret in terms of how you beat it so if it's that frustrating to you then just build a good counter team with plenty of AoE

Being able to counter it doesn't make it less cheesy though, it does make it less frustrating. I still don't like NS as a team, still think it's cheesy, but i do like the diversity.

anyway, a bitcoin trader, a vegan and a player who uses NS in arena walk into a bar .... ;)
  • Options

Being able to counter it doesn't make it less cheesy though, it does make it less frustrating. I still don't like NS as a team, still think it's cheesy, but i do like the diversity.

anyway, a bitcoin trader, a vegan and a player who uses NS in arena walk into a bar .... ;)

Bartender says, what can I do for you?

Bitcoin Trader asks for 2 virtual shots and a side car for his CLS crybaby.

Vegan says make mine a double, but organic and unfiltered, for GK's wholesome beard

NS player says make mine infinite, then ruins the night with a horde of their drunk moaning, unwashed, uber-skinny, phrat-girl freinds.

The other guys are so mad their night is ruined. Bartender shrugs, "Sorry, Never META lady I wouldn't serve!"
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options

I've got $100 that says that statement is patently false... so pls...