"Hold on to what you love"

Replies

• Options
    Resistance needs a Bodhi too.
  • Options
    Dont give me revan either, he doesnt exsist in the SW universe.

Just saying, Rose at least is confirmed to exsist.
  • Options
    You don’t even know anything about her kit... All those complaints are getting ridiculous.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »

Whether or not a character is canon is irrelevant to the possibility of them being in the game
  • Options
    Yes, add Rose. Make her unique "annoyance" : reduce all of Finn's stats by 50%, and randomly stun Finn. This ability cannot be resisted or avoided.
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »

Whether or not a character is canon is irrelevant to the possibility of them being in the game

Yeah, i know, but still.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Mo_man78 wrote: »
    Anybody else notice when Disney took over they filled the movies with Asians? I haven’t seen TLJ but I’m guessing there’s a bunch. I don’t have an issue with it but it was so noticeable in TFA and R1. Disney loves them some Asians.

Theres like three asian characters in the new movies. Hardly a “bunch”. Also, it’s no secret that China is a huge potential market for new movies. Star Wars isn’t the first franchise thats trying to tap into that audience. And its only noticeable because Star Wars has historically been one of the most ethnically homogenous IPs.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, i know, but still.

Still what? A star wars character is a star wars character regardless of whether they’re canon or whether you like them.
  • Options
    Technically isnt a non canon character not star wars becuase they do not actually exsist within the SW universe?

How does canon work again?
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    Technically isnt a non canon character not star wars becuase they do not actually exsist within the SW universe?

How does canon work again?

If it’s licensed by Lucasfilm, it’s star wars (so pretty much anything with a star wars logo slapped on it). “Canon” just refers to the “official” continuity of the franchise which includes the movies, tv shows, and most of anything published since 2014. Honestly, the idea is overrated. People get so hung up over how the stories arbitrarily fit together instead of just enjoying them on their own. KOTOR isn’t any less star wars just because it isn’t technically canon.
  • Options
    oh.
  • Osik
    235 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

Actually, rebels, which IS canon, confirmed the mandalorian wars and malachor 5, they just didnt mention revan by name...
  • Options
    I agree
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    oh.

In terms of how much "canon" the character is, Nihilus, HK-47 is the same as Revan.. And guess what.. they made it into the game already... so yeah why not Revan.
  • Options
    We also had Revan (and HK) in SWTOR. Also €A and not as old as KOTOR.
    In terms of how much "canon" the character is, Nihilus, HK-47 is the same as Revan.. And guess what.. they made it into the game already...

Exactly.
  • Options
    Revan is never coming. Neither is Jango.
  • Options
    All we need is jabba the hutt
  • Lekrom1982
    343 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Some say love, it is a flower...
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    cadwane wrote: »
    Don't give us Rose, we don't want her in the game! The character was poor, didn't really do anything interesting in the game and generally unless she has an op kit, noone would wanna farm her. If she has op kit, we are all gonna get mad. So please keep her away... Thanks

You see, Rey did not do anything in the movies that justifies her kit in the game (personal opinion). As for Rose and others, CG/EA just need some random character to put in the game and design a kit that is almost but not quite the opposite of appropriate.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Mo_man78 wrote: »
    Anybody else notice when Disney took over they filled the movies with Asians? I haven’t seen TLJ but I’m guessing there’s a bunch. I don’t have an issue with it but it was so noticeable in TFA and R1. Disney loves them some Asians.

Theres like three asian characters in the new movies. Hardly a “bunch”. Also, it’s no secret that China is a huge potential market for new movies. Star Wars isn’t the first franchise thats trying to tap into that audience. And its only noticeable because Star Wars has historically been one of the most ethnically homogenous IPs.

From a European perspective it is racist to include actors mainly because of their origin and "race" in order to attract customers from the same "race" and origin (which is a term never used in Europe when describing people). Also, Disney kills the spiritual and epic dimension of SW because of these rather political statements (like Chewie feeling disturbed eating meat while looking at the creature he killed). I saw the movie and it is full of references that make sense only for US audience.
  • Options
    Hold on to what I love? That'd be my money then.
    I fight the good fight
  • Options
    Instead of giving us useless characters I would love to see more, strong Wookies in the game. Chewabacca is also a useless character, make him stronger with his fellows. thank you.
  • Options
    +1000 to this thread
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    yeah why not Revan.

Who?

[getting some popcorn for round 15]
  • Options
    cadwane wrote: »
    Don't give us Rose, we don't want her in the game! The character was poor, didn't really do anything interesting in the game and generally unless she has an op kit, noone would wanna farm her. If she has op kit, we are all gonna get mad. So please keep her away... Thanks

She tazed finn. That was pretty cool.
  • Options
    I like Rose. That is all.
  • Options
    Pile wrote: »
    No love for Bib Fortuna?

Only if he has jabba synergy
  • Options
    The charcters are Padme and Anakin Skywalker Padawan.
    Sure.
This discussion has been closed.