"Hold on to what you love"

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    If Star Wars is dead, why do people keep buying tickets?
    Hope. Franchises are built on hope.
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    I could see double release with holdo and rose

Twice the pride, double the fall
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Trust me I'm not going to buy a ticket for this next movie with Rose in it.

I hope so. Then I can enjoy the next one in peace without all the complaining when they release a character from the movie you didn't watch.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me. Trust me I'm not going to buy a ticket for this next movie with Rose in it.

I hope so. Then I can enjoy the next one in peace without all the complaining when they release a character from the movie you didn't watch.

You don't have to read the forums. You especially don't have to keep reading the thread that you disagree with, to come and tell everyone they are wrong
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

You don't have to read the forums. You especially don't have to keep reading the thread that you disagree with, to come and tell everyone they are wrong

I said people are wrong?

I don't care what people like or don't like. It's all the complaining about a character that isn't even in the game yet that drags this place down.

Well, that and the offensive $#!%like the post directly above yours.
  • Options
    Where is Hondo? Such a better char and obv. char choice
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options

I'm telling everyone they're wrong?

Like what you like, hate what you hate. I do not care either way.

However, it would be lovely if there weren't pages and pages of people doing nothing but complaining about a character that isn't even confirmed yet...or making terrible comments about Kelly Marie Tran's weight or ethnicity.
  • FierceRevan
    1315 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yes. That is your mantra. "You're wrong, (insert snark" "you people aren't smart" etc
    ha! Aparantly you do!
    However, it would be lovely if there weren't pages and pages of people doing nothing but complaining about a character that isn't even confirmed yet...or making terrible comments about Kelly Marie Tran's weight or ethnicity.
    You don't have to read the pages and pages. And there is more than complaining. There is jokes, reasoning, discussion, banter etc. don't enjoy it don't read it.

These are your quotes from the thread. TLDR "You're wrong; snark"
    "I feel sorry for people who act out when they don't get a toy they wanted."

"*Adds thread to "Don't Waste Time On" list"
    ^ 6 days ago, I suppose you changed your mind? Over and over again?

"Except that's not how literally works"
    ""Here's hoping EA takes away Star Wars from Disney!"
    I guess.
    Actually, probably "Here's hoping Disney gives Star Wars to me.""
    "^People forget the good stuff so quickly"
    "When you post on a corporation's website, they have the right to remove whatever content they want. Freedom of Speech has nothing to do with it."
    "I seriously doubt any new TLJ toons would be tagged as Rebels based on one or two lines in the movie."
    "I don't generally care about those kinds of posts but I'll admit I had a chuckle at "Run into things."
    "I should not even waste my time since you didn't understand my point and I doubt you will no matter what I say, but I'm not giving advice and I don't care about the speculation. The poster I responded to said there's a free speech issue when posts are removed, and that's absolutely incorrect. The company that owns this forum has the right to remove any posts they want, and free speech does not apply."
    "That's the least of the problems with that post, although I do agree with you"
    "You've got a problem then."
    ""YouTube said so!" is like the worst argument you could possibly come up with."
    "Also not true!"
    "I really hope they do it. Not because I care either way, but because of threads like this."
    "False. If a single person wants Rose, it's false. Therefore it's false."
    "
    This place brings out the worst in some of you.
    Ha just kidding, it's not this place's fault, it's yours."

• DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    (content removed)

If you weren’t referring to her weight or ethnicity, then why did you assume @TVF was referencing your post?
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    content removed

Just gotta ask, would "skinny european" be racist too? Because it is the same thing, describing someone's body type and ancestral origin. And yes, before you ask, I am aware that Kelly Marie Tran is American, although it has little bearing on the character Rose, whom this is all about.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. That is your mantra. "You're wrong, (insert snark" "you people aren't smart" etc
    ha! Aparantly you do!
    You don't have to read the pages and pages. And there is more than complaining. There is jokes, reasoning, discussion, banter etc. don't enjoy it don't read it.

These are your quotes from the thread. TLDR "You're wrong; snark"
    "I feel sorry for people who act out when they don't get a toy they wanted."

"*Adds thread to "Don't Waste Time On" list"
    ^ 6 days ago, I suppose you changed your mind? Over and over again?

"Except that's not how literally works"
    ""Here's hoping EA takes away Star Wars from Disney!"
    I guess.
    Actually, probably "Here's hoping Disney gives Star Wars to me.""
    "^People forget the good stuff so quickly"
    "When you post on a corporation's website, they have the right to remove whatever content they want. Freedom of Speech has nothing to do with it."
    "I seriously doubt any new TLJ toons would be tagged as Rebels based on one or two lines in the movie."
    "I don't generally care about those kinds of posts but I'll admit I had a chuckle at "Run into things."
    "I should not even waste my time since you didn't understand my point and I doubt you will no matter what I say, but I'm not giving advice and I don't care about the speculation. The poster I responded to said there's a free speech issue when posts are removed, and that's absolutely incorrect. The company that owns this forum has the right to remove any posts they want, and free speech does not apply."
    "That's the least of the problems with that post, although I do agree with you"
    "You've got a problem then."
    ""YouTube said so!" is like the worst argument you could possibly come up with."
    "Also not true!"
    "I really hope they do it. Not because I care either way, but because of threads like this."
    "False. If a single person wants Rose, it's false. Therefore it's false."
    "
    This place brings out the worst in some of you.
    Ha just kidding, it's not this place's fault, it's yours."

Thanks for confirming what I said. :)
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Friendly reminder, let's stay on topic and keep it friendly guys. No one knows, but OP thinks it might be Rose. I speculate that speculation is speculative. Definitely fun to guess. I'm still holding on to Bossk, even though I don't think he's in the running.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Holdo on to the Rose you love

tenor.gif
  • Options
    Wish this was a poll instead of a Sh$@ show, since it's obvious it's rose or rose+Holdo
  • RevanComingSoon
    333 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    hqdefault.jpg

KOTOR HK-47 quote

https://youtu.be/hab3R_TRazg
  • Options
    Rose? No way. It'll be Finn.
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Options
    Rose? No way. It'll be Finn.

Maybe both of them. In first order gear
  • Options
    I think it will be Holdo, and a capital ship with 1 ability

Sacrifice - Destroy enemy fleet but lose battle.
  • VinnyG
    119 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    You can have Holdo. I want Hodor
  • Options
    Maybe we will get a lot of resistance chars in jan. rose holdo finn poe leia luke..etc
  • JarJarMIA
    5 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    content removed

Just gotta ask, would "skinny european" be racist too? Because it is the same thing, describing someone's body type and ancestral origin. And yes, before you ask, I am aware that Kelly Marie Tran is American, although it has little bearing on the character Rose, whom this is all about.

Yes, I'd say that's racist. When you include someone's race and you're not having some broad discussion about race/ethnicity in general, it's typically racist.
    E.g. you can say "it's great that they're adding a wider variety of races and ethnicities to these films, like Latinos, blacks,and Asians."
    You shouldn't say "that black guy that played Finn blah blah blah" - just say "the guy that played Finn"!
  • Options
    It's funny how some say she's a good character. Please tell me what good she brought to the film? She did nothing of importance and was a sap. She contributed nothing to the plot. In fact the whole canto bite story was filler waste of time. That's why we get garbage toons sometimes, b/c some people have no common sense. She was bait... Bait to lure the Asian community to see the film as was benicio with the Latinos. It failed, they had no point in the story.
  • Options
    Don't give us Rose, we don't want her in the game! The character was poor, didn't really do anything interesting in the game and generally unless she has an op kit, noone would wanna farm her. If she has op kit, we are all gonna get mad. So please keep her away... Thanks
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    (Prepare for merge)
  • UncleOnceler
    196 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    JarJarMIA wrote: »
    content removed

Yes, I'd say that's racist. When you include someone's race and you're not having some broad discussion about race/ethnicity in general, it's typically racist.
    E.g. you can say "it's great that they're adding a wider variety of races and ethnicities to these films, like Latinos, blacks,and Asians."
    You shouldn't say "that black guy that played Finn blah blah blah" - just say "the guy that played Finn"!

So, whenever you specifically reference race, it's racist? Yikes the world we live now.

Funny, I always thought generalizations based on race were racist. For example, change the word great in the quote above to not great, and you'll see the post, although sounding nice, is pretty racist.

Referencing someone's race specifically to describe their race, is not however racist. For example he is European, isn't racist imo. And, I'm pretty sure Finn is black.
    Post edited by UncleOnceler on
  • Options
    cadwane wrote: »
    Don't give us Rose, we don't want her in the game! The character was poor, didn't really do anything interesting in the game and generally unless she has an op kit, noone would wanna farm her. If she has op kit, we are all gonna get mad. So please keep her away... Thanks
    Unfortunately Disney don't care what you want. Trust me I don't want her either and I use the resistance all the time. I think they need to add snoke or hux to balance the light side and dark side in the game
  • Options
    Please give us Rose! She's the only character I've ever wanted, aside from Jar-Jar and some more Ewoks! Pleaaaaase!
  • Options
    Why not? She was lame in the movie but any new character for resistnace will be a plus. Also she probably has a stun which would be nice in a resistnace team
  • Options
    Come on, it's Valentine's day soon. Why would you not want a Rose?
  • Options
    Anybody else notice when Disney took over they filled the movies with Asians? I haven’t seen TLJ but I’m guessing there’s a bunch. I don’t have an issue with it but it was so noticeable in TFA and R1. Disney loves them some Asians.
This discussion has been closed.