Content Update Inbound!

Replies

• cw8
    98 posts Member
    I really do not get the revan hype. Sure hes a cool character but i dont get why he is so wanted over so many other great charachters. I am just hoping a big size TLJ update with preferably FO chars. Also since we got near nothing from TLJ yet, it doesnt seem to weird to get a big update fron that.

No thanks. I have no love for all the characters that came out from TFA or TLJ. The characters from KOTOR 1 & 2 had much more character and depth compared to the 2 movies.
  • Im not convinced it will be Revan. Id assume the focus would be on TLJ since the film just came out, and there is a big gap between the Solo movie and Episode 9 where they probably need to save some big characters to release.

Not complaining either way, the more characters the better reguardless of who they are.
  • Hopefully at least the kit will be decent and they’ll make some toons farmable instead of just marquee events..Me and most old players in my guild are considering to just leave the game since Rey’s event..I think that despite the great toon, such crazy requirements is not how you pay back people that have been playin the game and invested in it,maybe they’ll earn some temporary money but they are losing people that contributed to the game since the beginning. As a marketing expert I can’t but point out how many customers they are losing because of poor marketing choices.

I’m quite certain my post will be removed lol
  • Hopefully at least the kit will be decent and they’ll make some toons farmable instead of just marquee events..Me and most old players in my guild are considering to just leave the game since Rey’s event..I think that despite the great toon, such crazy requirements is not how you pay back people that have been playin the game and invested in it,maybe they’ll earn some temporary money but they are losing people that contributed to the game since the beginning. As a marketing expert I can’t but point out how many customers they are losing because of poor marketing choices.

Don’t know anyone that quit because of Rey event. Probably the most free to play friendly event for a meta toon in over a year. Pick a better hill to die on, chief.
  • ANUBlS wrote: »
    Hopefully at least the kit will be decent and they’ll make some toons farmable instead of just marquee events..Me and most old players in my guild are considering to just leave the game since Rey’s event..I think that despite the great toon, such crazy requirements is not how you pay back people that have been playin the game and invested in it,maybe they’ll earn some temporary money but they are losing people that contributed to the game since the beginning. As a marketing expert I can’t but point out how many customers they are losing because of poor marketing choices.

Don’t know anyone that quit because of Rey event. Probably the most free to play friendly event for a meta toon in over a year. Pick a better hill to die on, chief.

Eh. I would argue CLS if you were a longer tenured player and followed the hints.

BB8= FO with 2 really long hard node farm toons.
    Plus the vets that were 2 16 energy cantina. If you didn’t follow the rumors and started farming them when the rey event requirements were needed- I am pretty sure most wouldn’t of gotten her.
    It was a really bad event in terms of requirements.
    And added to the fire of speculation and rumors may be more truthful than what devs may say.
  • ANUBlS wrote: »
    Hopefully at least the kit will be decent and they’ll make some toons farmable instead of just marquee events..Me and most old players in my guild are considering to just leave the game since Rey’s event..I think that despite the great toon, such crazy requirements is not how you pay back people that have been playin the game and invested in it,maybe they’ll earn some temporary money but they are losing people that contributed to the game since the beginning. As a marketing expert I can’t but point out how many customers they are losing because of poor marketing choices.

I think Vinny_Vader_Vedi answered to your post. It was way easier to unlock CLS..old Ben farmable at 8energy,Lea and Han squad arena and farmboy Luke at 8energy..the only difficulty was R2 that most people did have. And Vet Han and Vet Chewie are useless trash except for the Rey event so yes it sucks to farm them at 16 each In cantina.
  • New characters next month are Vice Admiral Holdo and Rose, Revan is not and will never make it into this game.

I just don't get why they would release Rose. She has the same following as Jar Jar. I would actually prefer Jar Jar to her.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Expectation : Revan

Reality : Rose

Just chill out guys.. at least we will have new char :wink:

Rose barely qualifies as a character.
  • New characters next month are Vice Admiral Holdo and Rose, Revan is not and will never make it into this game.

I just don't get why they would release Rose. She has the same following as Jar Jar. I would actually prefer Jar Jar to her.

Probably because they have to. Marketing and such prob have a demand on it. Look at Bodhi not hated but a trash bin toon that’s a pilot and doesn’t have a ship. I’m pretty sure if devs were allowed to only put in the toons they wanted - the game would look much different. And jar jar became a really dirty word around Lucas.

I don’t hate on Rose and knew she was coming in the game from the Vanity Fair cover. It reminds me of Phx. Some wanted them in game and people were flipping out on here. (Helicopter lightsaber etc etc) and when they were released ppl hated on them. And then they were required and ppl were forced to use them that’s when the threads came up - Phx squad ain’t so bad!

It’s more the same. You need all the toons now. Hated or loved. Some peeps love sith and others love Jedi (you poor souls) just farm everyone and cross your fingers that your fav toons are good enough to be useable in different parts of the game.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    If they do add Revan, I hope it’s a light side female, so it will match they way I played KOTOR back in the day.
  • Hey look another thread where people are complaining because they have to work/wait to get a toon. Have some patience, lol it's a game
  • RekiemD wrote: »

Yeah, i can see you really desire these factions passes, yet i like to believe that February coul be the Dark month we have always waiting for, just like last year. ****, there has been nothing in this game as exciting as the release of Nihilus, IMO

685745dbdfff788e77e01fd84ef39c90dd8065bf_hq.gif

Aren't you a lil' tease!
  • dad2my3 wrote: »
    If they do add Revan, I hope it’s a light side female, so it will match they way I played KOTOR back in the day.

But HE won't be. Canon, he's a male. Well...the canon before Disney bought everything.

Since he will be fully geared up you can just imagine Revan being female or male. Doesn't really matter. But most will refer to Revan as a he.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • RacerDejak wrote: »
    Expectation : Revan

Reality : Rose

Just chill out guys.. at least we will have new char :wink:

Rose barely qualifies as a character.

Her sister was a better character.
  • Twi
    209 posts Member
    Yea but the 25th update is just for the yoda event (as per the January calendar) I bet we won’t have confirmation on the “February” tease character/faction update/the end of the world till sometime next week at the earliest...

Just my thoughts
  • Twi wrote: »
    Yea but the 25th update is just for the yoda event (as per the January calendar) I bet we won’t have confirmation on the “February” tease character/faction update/the end of the world till sometime next week at the earliest...

Just my thoughts

Same and prob rose and holdo.
    Interested in this Yoda mythic.
  • @Vinny_Vader_Vedi I thought they said yoda's mythic wasn't ready for this go round?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • @Vinny_Vader_Vedi I thought they said yoda's mythic wasn't ready for this go round?

No I think I said - that cap might have said yoda and palp are ready for mythic! Anyway maybe we can clarify -
    @CG_CapGaSP yoda’s event - mythic ready?
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    RacerDejak wrote: »
    Vitiate > Revan (just personal opinion). He's cool

Well Vitiate did defeat Revan in 1v1 combat but Revan is still for lack of a better word, cooler.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    @Vinny_Vader_Vedi I thought they said yoda's mythic wasn't ready for this go round?

No I think I said - that cap might have said yoda and palp are ready for mythic! Anyway maybe we can clarify -

Nobody on the official forum knows. They only talk about that stuff on reddit

Cap is hands down one of the best devs in terms of communication. Idc if he posted on MySpace I’d follow lol. I’ll take info anywhich way I can.
    @Vinny_Vader_Vedi I thought they said yoda's mythic wasn't ready for this go round?

Cap is hands down one of the best devs in terms of communication. Idc if he posted on MySpace I’d follow lol. I’ll take info anywhich way I can.

This

Also that’s not to throw shade on your response. It’s more about giving praise to the best thing we have. It’s always been my belief that the devs should use people on the forum more so. You have to figure forum users are probably the most dedicated of the dedicated. We re a great resource to bounce ideas off of and communicate with eachother. Instead of just having “this arena meta is op” “Rose is a terrible character” “whens the next credit heist” etc etc
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    For sure we getting snoke - most likely as new raid
  • Blackbeardpepe
    1481 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Well, they have a 1 star in the app store from me because of the way they treated us with vets and Rey. That will stay there until the vets move to another store. I certainly haven't spent a dime, since they removed the crystal bundles. It does have a negative impact because both I and my wife play this game, and we both agreed not to spend because of the vets. We deserve better.
  • Not expecting revan, but man if that's what it is then.... YAHOO!
  • Not expecting revan, but man if that's what it is then.... YAHOO!

Yeah. I quit spending money on this game...but if it's Revan or Jango I'll be spending some again, no question.
  • I was hoping they could push the update back a day so it comes out in the middle of the attack phase of TW so we could have people get forced out of the battles they’re in the middle of and take the loss of the team their using at the time for no reason. Thanks for making that happen guys. Just push the update to Friday afternoon so we don’t have to worry about it.
  • I think it’ll be both a QoL update (hopefully adding more toons to the cantina and GW store) and a dark side update (hopefully bounty hunters AND a sith rework).