February Events [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    It'd be great if it were someone new like how they released Dengar and Chopper way back when. Embo would be nice.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    It will be boba fett. You guys thinking it's sith are out of your mind.
  • Options
    Nihilus shards for his anniversary?
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Nihilus shards for his anniversary?

Nihilus' "friends" for his anniversary? Ok, probably not, but a man can hope...
  • rus_swgoh
    38 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Can we expect today's update of events calendar?
    @CG_Kozispoon
    the biggest russian-language swgoh community: vk.com/swgoh
  • Kozispoon
    3245 posts EA Staff (retired)
    Options
    rus_swgoh wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon

Not today.
    But we should see that brand spanking new list bright and early tomorrow.
    Game on, New Zealand!
    Thank you for your patience 8D Forum Guidelines
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

Not today.
    Game on, New Zealand!

Thank you! ;-)
    the biggest russian-language swgoh community: vk.com/swgoh
  • Options
    I can say this it'll probably be shard shop currency for me
  • Options
    Darthpedro wrote: »
    I can say this it'll probably be shard shop currency for me

Hey, more gear. That's not bad, right?
  • Options
    1: I highly doubt it will be any of the new characters...or Darth Nithus
    2: If I had to guess what it is...well Ill be honest I HOPE its Stormtrooper Han...I bet that the next important character event will be emperor palpatine...and Stormtrooper Han is pretty good
    3: WHY ALL THE HATE ON ROSE...I LOVED STAR WARS EPISODES 4,5, AND 6 AND I STILL LIKED ROSE AND THE NEW SERIES
  • Options
    1: I highly doubt it will be any of the new characters...or Darth Nithus
    2: If I had to guess what it is...well Ill be honest I HOPE its Stormtrooper Han...I bet that the next important character event will be emperor palpatine...and Stormtrooper Han is pretty good
    3: WHY ALL THE HATE ON ROSE...I LOVED STAR WARS EPISODES 4,5, AND 6 AND I STILL LIKED ROSE AND THE NEW SERIES

tumblr_nq654p2_Wnj1tsuuvno4_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    Padme the thought of not having her in the game is Unbearable!
  • Options
    Jeez andy......That's like dropping a nuke man. But a good one.
  • Options
    Creepioo wrote: »
    Yeah Sidious and Tyranus Broke the rule of 2 with Asajj but she was a Sith apprentice for a long time. And if your going by the rule of 2 then Maul and Savage or Sidious and Tyranus would have been Sith not both sets.

She was Dooku's personal assassin, but not a Sith. In fact when she started to get too strong Palpatine ordered Dooku to kill her.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Yeah Sidious and Tyranus Broke the rule of 2 with Asajj but she was a Sith apprentice for a long time. And if your going by the rule of 2 then Maul and Savage or Sidious and Tyranus would have been Sith not both sets.

She was Dooku's personal assassin, but not a Sith. In fact when she started to get too strong Palpatine ordered Dooku to kill her.

Palpatine ordered Anakin to kill dooku, so?

she is Sith according to wookiepedia, and that's good enough for me. And in relation to this game Sith trooper gets the Sith tag. I'm sure he wasn't anyone's apprentice and didn't have Sith powers. Just fought for Sith at some point as did asajj
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Sith trooper was part of the sith empire in the old republic. The empire included many non force users at that time.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Palpatine ordered Anakin to kill dooku, so?

she is Sith according to wookiepedia, and that's good enough for me. And in relation to this game Sith trooper gets the Sith tag. I'm sure he wasn't anyone's apprentice and didn't have Sith powers. Just fought for Sith at some point as did asajj

Palpatine made Ani an official Sith when he said, 'I dub thee Lord Vader.' Ventress was never a Sith. Wookiepedia isn't cannon. The official word we've received is that she had some dark side training, but was not a Sith. Palpatine ordered her to be murdered so that she wouldn't become a Sith if Dooku one day thought he could overthrow Palpatine with her help if she had more training. Very Different from why Palpatine ordered Dooku to be killed. Because Palpatine already had a replacement picked out, and there can only be two. Sith Assassin and Trooper came from an era when the Sith were a massive empire, and the rule of two didn't exist yet.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    yaklan42 wrote: »
    Mol_Zakore wrote: »
    Hmm hoping for sith as well so maybe vader or sith assassin/trooper who have become pretty vital to sith teams

Could be Dooku/Ventress indicating both separatist and Sith. I really hope if it is a sith rework then they finally give Ventress the sith faction tag.

She was never a sith why should she get a sith tag ?

She was as much of a sith as Savage. I say give her the tag and add bounty hunter while you're at it.

Incorrect! Sorry, the nerd is strong in this one.

Exhibit A: Ventress was not a Sith - she was a disciple (assassin and spy) of Count Dooku during the Clone Wars, claiming to be Sith from her practices and teaches of the Dark Side as shown in the first animated Clone Wars show (Tartakovski, not CN/Disney), but this only counts on a religious standing, not a hereditary or indoctrinated one, such as Dooku being recruited by Sidious and "hereditarily" being passed down through the Rule of Two.

Exhibit B: Savage was the "official" apprentice of Darth Maul after he resurfaced from exile. No longer Sidious's apprentice, having been replaced by Count Dooku as the current formal Sith Lord under Sidious as the apprentice of the Dark Lord of the Sith. Savage's official apprenticeship was confirmed by Maul when confronting Sidious in the animated Clone Wars show (CN/Disney's version, not Tartakovsky's) and declaring himself a rival of Sidious for the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith.

Conclusion: Darth Sidious as Dark Lord had Count Dooku as his Sith Lord apprentice, who trained Ventress and Greivous as disciples in the Clone War. Darth Maul had Savage as his formal apprentice as a Sith practitioner, by default labeling him a rival against Sidious as to who was truly the pair of Sith under the Rule of Two.

@SharkMilkk got it the closest.

EDIT: That being said, I could totally see Ventress being labeled as a bounty hunter during her time on a leave of absence near the end of the Clone Wars, reference to when she and Ahsoka teamed up here and there in the CN/Disney animated Clone Wars show. And, when she first started pursuing Savage's bounty when he came up on a holonet wanted list in some backwater cantina.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Lord_Terminus
    239 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Minowara wrote: »
    It will be boba fett. You guys thinking it's sith are out of your mind.

Why on Earth would it be Boba Fett? The what's ahead post is in context to sith, it's safe to assume sith rework, and what's ahead toons usually are in context to factions getting new toons or a rework in the coming month.
    Ally Code: 357-613-281
    swgoh.gg: https://swgoh.gg/u/lordterminus/collection/
  • farqs
    116 posts Member
    Options
    PADME
  • Options
    farqs wrote: »
    PADME

Nooooooooooooooo
  • Options
    Pretty sure it’s Clone Wars Chewie.
  • Options
    It's the upcoming ep 9 sith lord Darth URoRRuR'R'R
  • AndyG_Doh
    101 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Darth Ugnaught for Emperor !
  • AndyG_Doh
    101 posts Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

Not today.
    But we should see that brand spanking new list bright and early tomorrow

Is that the same as "tomorrow" but spelt "S.O.O.N" ?

• Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

Not today.
    Game on, New Zealand!

Today is now that tomorrow, about what time should we see February's schedule? lol. (<== Tie fighter)
  • Options
    @CG_Kozispoon

Not today.
    Game on, New Zealand!

Today is now that tomorrow, about what time should we see February's schedule? lol. (<== Tie fighter)

Only 3:30 am in Cali. Maybe in 6-7 hours at the earliest.
  • Options
    I figured later this evening, around 6 or 7 eastern.
  • Options
    But talking about what is coming in February for almost a month and a half has been interesting to say the least. lol
  • Options
    lol prob the best thread of January. And sometimes Kozi does the calendar earlier than update notes.