Version Update 2/28/18 QoL + Sith Raid + Characters [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Even with the new scoring system. The only strategy stays the same right?

1. On defense front with the top with insane NS/Talzin squads, then the insane zBarris/GK squads on top, then insane ships and more insane ships.

2. Fill the bottom with sorda easy squads that will burn through your enemy's roster, so that by the time they are done they can't put a dent on the zBarris/GK wall.

3. Make sure your guild has enough on offense to take out their predictable Phoenix section, the CLS/Rebel Section, Jedi/Sith/Droid section, their sorry Talzin/GK/zBarris section (what, just sayin), FO section, I dunno, Ewok?

4. Watch the timer run out and enjoy first place rewards.

Thats my point, actually. The strategy still hasnt changed, it just stops Ties
  • Options
    I actually like most of this qol. These are good improvements.
    I am concerned with the compkexity of the tw point system... but we ll soon adapt and it won t b a problem... i encourages strong defense and rewards winning in style... it s not a bad idea.

I do miss simple mod mgt improvements such as being able to lock and move a whole set rather than go 1 by 1... and a multi sim on bronzium...
  • Options
    Not sure why the outrage, let’s realize there are no substantial changes coming (oh wait, maybe you would’ve wanted substantial changes... no luck). You are not forced to sim gw, if you prefer to watch it auto-play or even play it manually on 1x speed, the rest is very subjective and have to see to judge.
    The only actually important thing advertised together with qol was the sith raid. The post does not mention that, so is it safe to assume we can’t even know when that is coming?
  • Options
    Sooo, everyone’s super impressed with part 1 of the QOL update, can’t wait to see what part 2 has to offer.
  • jpierrard17
    172 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    @Astronavigatrix you won't be agreeing the TW changes aren't an issue when you have more attack wins but still lose. Do you want to award the guild that has the most wins or that can attack better I guess is the biggest issue I see as now if you have Guild "A" defeat 20 squads on first attack will give a bonus of 200 and Guild "B" defeats 25 squads but on 2nd try meaning they only get 125 bonus banners and now lose. So yes we will now have less ties but losers actually winning.
  • Options
    I have to voice my agreement with the other 90% on here that the TW "improvements" are hardly that... love the defensive squad hold counter but all those extra ways of gaining / losing points to avoid a tie is ridiculous. Please reconsider- there are other ways to avoid ties- implementing 1 tie breaker method instead of several makes more sense. Guild Officers don't need more work thrown onto them due to poorly thought out "improvements". Love the game but don't fix what was not broken (especially when there are things broken that have yet to be fixed)
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Sorry, but the TW "fix" for ties, which only happen 2% of the time is just ridiculous. If I tried to account for things that only happened 2% of the time, i would have been fired a long time ago. How about focusing time, programming and effort on the other 98%. I mean, seriously. Who thought spending time on 2% was a good idea? :baffled:

Depending on the number of customers, 2% can be a lot. If your company has 1000000 customers and only 2% are affected, that is still 20000 unhappy clients. If your job fired you for dealing with 20000 unhappy clients, they are shooting themselves in the foot.
  • Options
    I was for defensive holds for like just a +1 to make the scores uneven. So instead of 5000 points to 5000. You would have something like 5012 to 5003.
    Now I’m a bit afraid of my current approach- will it help or hurt my guild?
    Let’s say there’s a Phx Wall-
    I would use a teebo lead with other lower level ewoks and just try to take out Hera. Kill the head and then sweep up the rest with another low level team.
    Going to see how this plays out in real time.
    Also I really enjoyed the idea of only in the event of a tie would defensive hold points come into play. I hope we get some more word on these qol changes on Monday.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    QOL is awesome thanks DEV's for awesome new TW content... Haterades gonna Haterades

If the score says you lose...you lose...not I won but lost....ya lost.

DEVS SAID back when things were always going to be changing...scoring, Squad bonuses, etc etc...

• Options
    I already do not like TW, now I just want to skip it altogether
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    I already do not like TW, now I just want to skip it altogether

I do not like that green eggs and ham said Sam I am....

Are you in a guild ? You may "want" to skip it....

You should really post all the reasons you "don't like" it so we can jump on the wagon with you !!!!

• Options
    The number of people here who can't do math is boggling.

Let's just look at the first 2 territories. Assume 25 limit per territory, and they're maxed... That is 2x25x30 for a total of 1500.

Now say one side wins all of their battles first time on one side and the other wins all their battles the second time. Both have full chars remaining. The first time kill side gets 5+5+10, or 20 each. The second kill side gets 5+5+5, or 15 each. This means that for a clean sweep of both sides the first side gets 1000 and the second side gets 750. That definitely doesn't tie.

But people in this thread are throwing numbers around like 10 first time kills vs 29 3rd time kills... So what about those numbers? Well, 10 first time kills with 5/5 surviving gives you 200 points. 29 3rd turn kills with 5/5 surviving gives you 290 points. You would need to kill 20 3rd turn to match 10 first turn. That doesn't seem terrible to me. You should not be doing 3rd time or more the majority of the time.

Also, new defensive numbers are 30 for ground and 34 for ships. That means 8x25x30 for chars and 2x25x34 for ships. That is 6000+1700 for a total of 7700 now.
  • Options
    Blizzisme wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Sorry, but the TW "fix" for ties, which only happen 2% of the time is just ridiculous. If I tried to account for things that only happened 2% of the time, i would have been fired a long time ago. How about focusing time, programming and effort on the other 98%. I mean, seriously. Who thought spending time on 2% was a good idea? :baffled:

Depending on the number of customers, 2% can be a lot. If your company has 1000000 customers and only 2% are affected, that is still 20000 unhappy clients. If your job fired you for dealing with 20000 unhappy clients, they are shooting themselves in the foot.

If you keep the remaining 98% by not changing something, no company in the world would change. The issue is probably that those 2% you‘re talking about are basically funding this game. Like those 2% are 98% of their income... understandable but shortsighted. If those 2% leave upon being bored or frustrated or whatever you are left with the people (if they are still there) that you kicked in the face...

YET, I haven‘t played many TWs yet as my guild keeps falling short at like 24 entries...
    So far I think that change is good and although it does seem like a lot it doesn’t actually change too much. You will still be able to bring your fun Jawa teams etc as you probably won’t be able to one or two-hit every single enemy team
  • Options
    I would use a teebo lead with other lower level ewoks and just try to take out Hera. Kill the head and then sweep up the rest with another low level team.

In that scenario you would be losing 5 points for doing it on the 2nd try instead of the first. Since they will either need to do the same to you or blow a much more powerful team(that is therefore not on defense) I think it evens out...

To;Dr - I wouldn't worry too much.
  • Options

In that scenario you would be losing 5 points for doing it on the 2nd try instead of the first. Since they will either need to do the same to you or blow a much more powerful team(that is therefore not on defense) I think it evens out...

To;Dr - I wouldn't worry too much.

Thank you! And thanks for the math
  • Options

Let's just look at the first 2 territories. Assume 25 limit per territory, and they're maxed... That is 2x25x30 for a total of 1500.

Now say one side wins all of their battles first time on one side and the other wins all their battles the second time. Both have full chars remaining. The first time kill side gets 5+5+10, or 20 each. The second kill side gets 5+5+5, or 15 each. This means that for a clean sweep of both sides the first side gets 1000 and the second side gets 750. That definitely doesn't tie.

But people in this thread are throwing numbers around like 10 first time kills vs 29 3rd time kills... So what about those numbers? Well, 10 first time kills with 5/5 surviving gives you 200 points. 29 3rd turn kills with 5/5 surviving gives you 290 points. You would need to kill 20 3rd turn to match 10 first turn. That doesn't seem terrible to me. You should not be doing 3rd time or more the majority of the time.

Also, new defensive numbers are 30 for ground and 34 for ships. That means 8x25x30 for chars and 2x25x34 for ships. That is 6000+1700 for a total of 7700 now.

Yes...... Use your logic! Give in to the dark side of the math.
    Where is my kitten General Grievous rework at!!??
  • Options
    @jpierrard17 thanks for explaining, I completely see your point. Seems like those 2nd 5pt wins could be done with fewer toons to make up some of that point differential and that the initial losses from sending in lesser strategized/powered squads justifies fewer points (so the perceived unfairness of the results are not quite as clear as "losers" winning) but at I get why this could make players unhappy and frustrated and it's something I'll have to deal with.
  • Ucmo
    548 posts Member
    Options
    I don't post on here too much, but I must say that I agree with the disappointment regarding not having a mod management tool within this update. With the addition of LSTB, DSTB and TW, mod management/switching is crucial, and nothing is more time consuming and painstaking than switching mod sets from one character to another.

Unfortunately, ever sense the notice regarding a February QoL update, I think most of us really got our hopes up that a Mod Management tool would be introduced, so any update without this feature is obviously a disappointment. Hope is a huge part of the Star Wars universe -- can we get a hint that this issue is at least being discussed? Or a hint that a plan and possible future roll-out is in the works? Help us EA, you're our only hope.

Although the verdict is obviously still out regarding the TW changes, I'll say thank you for the rest of this QoL update.

Cheers
  • Options

I belive the point is keep the system simple just giving some points for defense is more then enough tie breaker
  • Options
    @SwarmyStargazer the real issue with lbrunziums started about a year ago. They had a game mode called tournaments, which required you to stack up ally points. I've had about 400k saved when the game mode was cancelled (since it was a total bust). Since than, I've been waiting for an efficient way to get rid of them. I've, when I was at 500k or so, I've decided getting rid of it. So I've spent 5 hours on it. I was down to 100k, than I gave up. Now I got back to 940k.[/quote]

Ouch. And I complain with my 25k, lol.
  • Options

Just look at how much you typed to try and explain a couple of possible scenarios and then consider while coordinating 50 odd individuals those calculations change on a constant basis relative to your opponents score.

It's not about doing math or not doing math, that's completely missing the point. It's about creating an unnecessarily complicared system with several moving parts that only ever required one simple tiebreaker.
  • Options
    Wondering if we’ll ever have a release of numerous reworks and Zetas like we did last year around QoL time. I was personally hoping to see that with this upcoming update but I guess we won’t be getting it. There are dozens of characters that haven’t been touched that could use a rework to at least make them fun again.
  • Options
    With all these new sim options coming out are we going to be able to earn more sim tickets ? Just a question and a concern
  • Options
    with the device linking - will this now allow iOS users to download an emulator on PC and play via that through the Android system??
  • Options
    tdarcy510 wrote: »
    With all these new sim options coming out are we going to be able to earn more sim tickets ? Just a question and a concern

thats a good question, i know many youtubers mention having 1000s somehow but ive struggles keeping above 200 usually
  • Options
    murchy_7 wrote: »
    with the device linking - will this now allow iOS users to download an emulator on PC and play via that through the Android system??

Someone please answer that question!

• Options
    flux_rono wrote: »

thats a good question, i know many youtubers mention having 1000s somehow but ive struggles keeping above 200 usually

Probably doing everything, challenges, dailies on manual, or auto.
  • Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    flux_rono wrote: »

Probably doing everything, challenges, dailies on manual, or auto.

I don't fall under 2600 sim tickets.And since i'm not part of any guild,even better since i don't have to do refreshes to get those daily 600 raid tickets. :smile:
  • Options
    This isnt about people not being able to do math, its a problem of the massive bottleneck that is going to occur waiting for the strongest players to play first to knock out the predictable cls, jtr, zarriss wall. Then waiting to see if my guild has enough of a lead, to take the risk of losing to a stronger team. Before i would and could keep trying, but now i have to stop and think about 50 other players in my guild and who can beat who 1:1.