Version Update 2/28/18 QoL + Sith Raid + Characters [MEGA]

Replies

• jpierrard17
    172 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    I do love how TW was advertised as a way to use your WHOLE roster unlike the rest of the game, now what's the point of having a 6k limit when you aren't going to use the lower end of your roster so you don't hurt your guild? @FierceRevan I feel the same as you, this feels more like a cash grab than a QoL update in regards to TW.
  • Anikan_Skystalker
    3 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    What about, sandbox mode for guilds to practice, bronzium pack sims, and mod qol updates?! A lot of blah blah blah, but what we really asked for was overlooked... WTH EA and Capital Games?!
  • Options
    There’s a reason they released this late on Friday. They hope all of the hate dies down by the time they come back. Release the bad news late on Friday happens all the time in the work place.
  • Icebringer92
    131 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    ksomm5 wrote: »
    There’s a reason they released this late on Friday. They hope all of the hate dies down by the time they come back. Release the bad news late on Friday happens all the time in the work place.
    All this hate will lead to the Dark Side. If they keep it this way,not listening to the community but just doing stuff for the sake of doing stuff, once Marvel game comes out they will lose half the players. Not to mention Disney is considering the idea to revoke EA’s rights for Star Wars games.
  • Options
    TW changes aren’t a QoL improvement at all.

The current points system is simple, and make the game mode about the battles, and strategy of managing ones roster. These changes make the ‘rules’ more of a part of the game mode where it isn’t about managing your roster intelligently to straight up win battles, it makes it more about managing your roster in a way to ‘game’ the convoluted points system.

PAUSE, THINK and PLEASE for the love of the small amount of good left in this game, DO NOT RELEASE THIS TW UPDATE!!!
  • Options
    This TW scoring system is out of control. You’ve essentially removed one game mode and brought a new one in. The easiest fix to TW would have been giving one banner to every successful defense. Leave it visible, like you are going to do with this update, so we can see which defensive squads do the best. That’s it. No more ties and improve the experience of the those like me who find the most enjoyment in the game tracking our defense during TW.
  • Options
    Just want to add my voice to the concerns about the TW changes, I agree with what pretty much everyone else has said in that it over complicates the scoring and will be a nightmare to manage as a guild officer. Leaving the scoring as it is and finding another solution for the rare tie situation would be much better.
  • Options
    TW is the worst part of the game. Any changes can only make it better.
  • Options
    TW changes aren’t a QoL improvement at all.

The current points system is simple, and make the game mode about the battles, and strategy of managing ones roster. These changes make the ‘rules’ more of a part of the game mode where it isn’t about managing your roster intelligently to straight up win battles, it makes it more about managing your roster in a way to ‘game’ the convoluted points system.

PAUSE, THINK and PLEASE for the love of the small amount of good left in this game, DO NOT RELEASE THIS TW UPDATE!!!

1.000 !

It's already a huge task to set up all requirements for TW. And a lot of time.
    It's going to be an absolute nightmare.

DO NOT RELEASE THIS TW UPDATE.
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »
    Needlessly changing and overcomplicating TW because it ends in a tie 2% of the time is just insane.

Have the devs not read the forums? People love TW. It's by far the best game mode yet. So their response...... Change it. Smh.

Sadly, I think many of those 2% are the ones using the forums :D
  • Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    TW is the worst part of the game. Any changes can only make it better.

I disagree on that.Ships are the worst part of the game.And again,no multi-sim for bronzium packs.EA,take this so called QoL and shove it somewhere.Thank you!
  • Options
    I realize only top tier guilds are affected by the increased number of teams, but you are telling all those top tier guild members that they may require 2 more defensive teams per member and 100 more teams to defeat on offense in the same amount of time. This is on top of adding a new banner calculation system that appears to severely reduce the likelihood of ties.

Will there be additional rewards in territory wars for top tier guild members whose participation requirements will increase 50%?!?
  • Options
    I'm just here to add another note that the new TW setup is awful and overly complicated.
    Please fix the tie situation without completely changing the scoring system.
    If we are tracking wins on D now, just let that be the tie breaker.
  • Options
    I agree with many on here, very disappointed in this. Missed almost all the major, requested, fixes. No multi SIM for bronziums, no mod management, the fix for TW ties is weird at best and complicated, and still no update to ships?

But it's ok guys, they have a fix for raid tickets so it's all ok... right?
  • Options
    I dont know why i expect anything anymore. The way this game handles problems is like that scene from TLJ when rey hands luke the lightsaber and he throws it over his shoulder. Our valid complaints and suggestions are the lightsaber in this case.

I dont know why it takes so long for anything in this game to get changed. I remember back when i played Clash Royale, if there was a major issue that the fans complained about it was fixed almost immediately. Now, the same issues people were complaining about a year ago are still an issue and there is no fixes in sight. Chat still stinks, bronzium still stinks, ships still stink.

Nothing ever gets fixed
  • Options
    Bronzinium multi buy. Come on... we've been asking for years
  • Options
    Seriously, this TW “fix” just eliminated 75% of most of the playerbase’s rosters.

TW is going to go from a fun mode where you attempt to use the minimum amount of resources to get the win. We loved getting a win with just 1 or 2 characters remaining, as it means we didn’t overkill and waste characters that could’ve been used later. Also outside of a few regen squads multiple weaker squads could team up and take down a much stronger team, which was a lot of fun and encouraged teamwork and the guild working together. Not to mention any strategy that guilds have been working on and using is completely out the window, we all get to basically start from scratch on our 12th TW.

This scoring system is going to be a nightmare to coordinate, considerably less fun to play, and completely invalidate the only mode where we had the option to use undergeared(aka not maxed with 4+ zetas) teams in a meaningful way.

Terribly poorly thought out decision.

• Options
    So do my guild officers get their bachelors in math or statistics after they figure out a strategy to optimize banners in TW now?
  • Options
    I personally don't get the complains about the changes to TW. As an officer in a 110M GP guild, this seems to have very limited impact on the way we'll set or defenses or organize the offense. The only thing this might impact is the strategy we came up with when we where matched with a guild with much higher GP - we would have set bad teams across the board, except ships (we rock those) to save all our best squads for offense.
  • Options
    Goodgil wrote: »
    I personally don't get the complains about the changes to TW. As an officer in a 110M GP guild, this seems to have very limited impact on the way we'll set or defenses or organize the offense. The only thing this might impact is the strategy we came up with when we where matched with a guild with much higher GP - we would have set bad teams across the board, except ships (we rock those) to save all our best squads for offense.

Because it over complicated what should have been a simple fix. The overcompelxity makes it seem like more than it really is and is just trying to make an underwhelming QoL update look better than it actually is.
  • Options
    They have a big decision to make, and I think that's why the released the notes 2 weeks early.

Either they lose hundreds or thousands of daily players due to to over-complicating their newest game mode, or they have a handful of salty employees whose weeks worth of re-coding gets thrown out.

Members of my guild have already stopped participating in TW, we are lucky to get 42/50. Making the scoring even more of a headache will further drop participation. Although free zetas to me are hard to pass up.
  • Options
    Again you could make a simple fix ,but as usual you decided to go with "how complicated can we make this!" I mean just rewarding sucessful defense in TW would most likly avoided a tie
    This is TB auto lock all over again, we made a plea not to let it be auto ,but leave it to the officers to lock it or not
    But you guys didnt listen then ,so im sure you wont listen now
  • Options
    Im happy for the update, but honestly, these are basically effortless bug fixes...except for the tw one, which is plain nonsense and is not even remotely related to qol.
    It would be great if you actually put some effort and development to give real improvements.
  • Options
    Can someone explain how the TW points work?

MathEquation_zpsa7d684c1.png
  • Options
    I already know which unactivated character is goin in my favorites!
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    quality of life???
    come on, does EA don´t know the meaning of quality?

and if you really activate this galaxy of mess in territory wars you can be sure: 1 star rating at playstore for your game!

in every sport it´s always the same: the one who wins the most wins the championship... but you are planning to let a guild win the tw with fewer wins^^ as example: guild a win 10 fights against guild b on the first attempt = 150 banner
    guild b wins 29 fights against guild a on the 3rd attempt = 145 banner

guild b has won almost 3times more fights, but will loose the tw^^ so awful, so unfair, so ridiculous
    Post edited by jedilord on
  • Options
    2/28? With no mention of the new raid? Level cap increase? Better chat system? Etc, update is very meh and by then this QOL update will be three plus weeks since the last update.
  • Options
    Well that was worth the wait...
    Sith Yoda: mandryk.artstation.com