Territory War Feedback

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    i hate to say it, but on Active GP you re only about 5m GP apart, which puts you very close conpared to other matchups. Move along.

This.

Total GP is not used in matchmaking. There is a lot of focus on the total GP, but that doesn't show the full picture for this event.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    2558sr.jpg

075.jpg
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    You don't understand....

enemy still has better toons than we have...
    Post edited by newbornFL on
  • Options
    Naraic wrote: »
    LaksonVell wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    1) when multiple toons have 100% TM, RNG decides who shoots first. Did he get stunned by the oither Raid Han?

2)Taunt overrides stealth, so he could have been both and when taunt ended or was removed stealth takes over.

Are you sure on the second part? In fleet arena when I use my stealth ability from ghost on biggs, even if he has taunt he goes into stealth.

I see it often in normal arena. There is a r2d2 chaze old Ben lando team I face nearly every day where this often occurs.

I am not sure which version occurs? Does taunt override stealth or does stealth override taunt? In my experience they both are true tho. If a unit is taunting and gains stealth, it will lose taunt. If it is stealthed and gains taunt it will lose stealth. It will NOT ignore either buff gain if the other is present. I guess the simplified version is that the newest (fresh-est, rip english) effect takes priority.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Experiences may differ, but from my perspective matchmaking isn't bad at all. 13 TWs, only 1 mismatch. We lost our fair share of TWs though.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    newbornFL wrote: »
    You don't understand....

It is you that doesn't understand. TOTAL GP DOES NOT DETERMINE MATCHMAKING. Number of people that are participating and PARTICIPATING GP determines it. As someone stated the difference was only 5 mil which is apparently not a big difference.
  • Options
    You don't understand....

This just shows they made smarter choice in investing their ressources and farming toons. If they have more of the strongest toons for the same (more or less) GP-worth, it means they stacked their ressources in fewer toons. If the « useful toons » are g10, all those g8 or less are useless, even if you have twice more.

If you play a football (soccer) management game, and you invest your money in 50 players worth 2M$, and then face a team composed of fifteen 6M$-players and 35 rookies worth nothing, you’ll be at a serious disadvantage as the squad you can field is still limited to 11 players. Your squad will have a fielded worth of 22M$, while the opponent team will be 66M$ (and will trounce your’s).
  • newbornFL
    483 posts Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    So like having imperial probe droid,wampa , 7 stars Nightsisters (that currently are pay 2 win) , Hermit Yoda(extremely hard to farm,its either him or g12 characters) is having better priorities now?

You do realise you're confirming that pay 2 win > free 2 play?
    Bad PR there sir moderator.

I'm not talking only about the GP advantage here,as some people might think,but about the actual toons we have vs what they have.
  • Options
    So like having imperial probe droid,wampa , 7 stars Nightsisters (that currently are pay 2 win) , Hermit Yoda(extremely hard to farm,its either him or g12 characters) is having better priorities now?

I'm not talking only about the GP advantage here,as some people might think,but about the actual toons we have vs what they have.

OF COURSE PAY TO WIN IS BETTER THAN FREE TO PLAY. WHAT WOULD BE THE DAMNED POINT.

• Options
    Duh...give the matchmaker rules,trying to put teams with similarly teams.
    what is the point in matchmaking a guild that (example) has no zetas no gold and no gear 12?

and matching it with an similarly GP guild that has zetas gold and gear 12?
  • Options
    what is the point in matchmaking a guild that (example) has no zetas no gold and no gear 12?

The point is, for some reason you guys have. similar GP despitr your guild being apparently useless, which already makes me think you re lying.

Pay to win wina against Free to playm Thats the whole purpose of paying. TO WIN.

Also i could probably rekted 15 phoniex teams on my own too, so thats not a argument
  • Options
    Ambassador wrote: »
    You don't understand....

This just shows they made smarter choice in investing their ressources and farming toons. If they have more of the strongest toons for the same (more or less) GP-worth, it means they stacked their ressources in fewer toons. If the « useful toons » are g10, all those g8 or less are useless, even if you have twice more.

If you play a football (soccer) management game, and you invest your money in 50 players worth 2M$, and then face a team composed of fifteen 6M$-players and 35 rookies worth nothing, you’ll be at a serious disadvantage as the squad you can field is still limited to 11 players. Your squad will have a fielded worth of 22M$, while the opponent team will be 66M$ (and will trounce your’s).

You're essentially trying to rationalise why, in a regular ranked system, it would be fine for a Diamond-ranked player to be put up against a Bronze. That Bronze player may have joined at the same time as the Diamond but is simply not as tactical, made bad choices, or just has bad reactions, etc. That doesn't justify matching them against each-other.

The reason most large competitive games use some version of a similar ranked system (CS:GO, RS: Siege, LoL, etc.) is because players are meant to be matched against others of similar ability. If you go by your example of a football game, you shouldn't just be matched up against other players who have the same total amount of money in their squads. You should be put on a ranked ladder and be allowed to climb. You might only be able to get half-way up before you start winning as much as you lose, but that other guy who is better than you goes higher, and faces other players as good as him.
  • Options
    I am lying,as to what?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Having fewer really good toons being better than having more mediocre toons could be called "having better priorities". Unfortunately rewards are based on active GP, so it also pays off to have alot of GP.
    I honestly don't know what's better currently. Swgoh pre-TB and TW was so much easier.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options

The point is, for some reason you guys have. similar GP despitr your guild being apparently useless, which already makes me think you re lying.

Pay to win wina against Free to playm Thats the whole purpose of paying. TO WIN.

Also i could probably rekted 15 phoniex teams on my own too, so thats not a argument

Pay-To-Win is an inherently flawed and negative system because it creates an incentive for people who want to be competitive to perpetually spend money on the game. It means that your enjoyment of your leisure time can be based on how much you can pay, and even then it might not be enough if someone else spends more.

This is why all the games that last the longest and are played the most aren't Pay-To-Win. Eventually only the richest people can have fun and everyone else leaves because they don't have that much money to waste.
  • Options

IPD, Wampa and HYoda are F2P toons, no way to pay to have them earlier (and in fact, many of the early HYoda or Wampa were F2P). Nightsisters are only a problem for people who did not farm AoE toons (hmmm, Lando, Wedge ? F2P) or Imperial Troopers, and so they’re easily beaten in TW (Arena is another matter, as you have that whole cooldown where you’re vulnerable to other meta before you’re able to attack again to switch your team). IF those are the toons you deem too difficult to beat, yes, it’s a problem of farming priorities.

Besides, like @swgohfan29 says, the point of P2W is to win in PvP. It’s WAI (and to be clear, SWGOH is even much more F2P-friendly than most of the freemium games, for it takes a lot to get a strong advantage). You can’t expect to play for free AND rival players who pay. You can’t eat your cake and have it.
  • Options
    1) when multiple toons have 100% TM, RNG decides who shoots first. Did he get stunned by the oither Raid Han?

2)Taunt overrides stealth, so he could have been both and when taunt ended or was removed stealth takes over.

1) no! In that case I'd not find it strange.
    2) R2 get the stealth on all except Baze, who had foresight. First shot removed foresight, second shot triggered stealth and suddenly CLS came out of stealth to do nothing! It wasn't his turn. He simply became the available target instead of Baze......
  • Options

Pay-To-Win is an inherently flawed and negative system because it creates an incentive for people who want to be competitive to perpetually spend money on the game. It means that your enjoyment of your leisure time can be based on how much you can pay, and even then it might not be enough if someone else spends more.

This is why all the games that last the longest and are played the most aren't Pay-To-Win. Eventually only the richest people can have fun and everyone else leaves because they don't have that much money to waste.

Really? Because EA knows this. Whatever faults EA/CG has, they are not inconpetent. They do their best to maximise profits, yes, but that doesnt mean they dont care about F2P players. P2W players need F2P players to push around a little to have that twinge of slightly sadistic pleasure. They know this, so they want to keep F2P players around as well.

And as a f2p player, go ahead. You can bear the costs of the updates, etc etc. I dont need to beat you to enjoy this game. Never paid a cent, and SWGOH is still fun for me.
  • Options
    Hi there,

I would like to say first that Territory Wars is a funny game mode where I can use almost every toon I have (even Eeth Koth!).

I have joined every TW since the beginning of this mode and my guild never have faced an opponent guild with less GP and just twice the GP was similar, even sometimes the difference was more than 10M GP. I know that the matchmaking depends on the amount of GP of the players who are joining the TW, but I think this system has a big issue.

For example, is not the same 10 players of 2M GP each one than 20 players of 1M each one. Probably 1 team of the strong players could beat on defense 3 or 4 teams of the weak players. Even worse, eventually that team wouldn't be never defeated depending on the situation.
    This situation comes sometimes when strong guilds rotate players to use less GP in TW and have normally advantage against weak guilds which all the players join the TW. I thought the idea of TW is that as much players in the guild join it, better to get better rewards. But it looks like the game doesn't encourage players to join TW.

I have an idea to try to solve this problem. The matchmaking could work in this way:
    . First, check the total GP (all members) of each guild and group them in similar ranges.
    . Second, inside each range match guilds with similar amount of players joining TW.

I think this will push players to join TW and avoid their guild to face guilds with less but stronger players. So if some players aren't joining the TW is an issue for the officers, because they wouldn't get advantage of it. It looks fairer than the current matchmaking system.

I know that maybe is difficult to match all the guilds, but definetely there would be a solution. And I know too that probably I'm missing something but there is where you can help with your ideas. What do you think?

I hope my first post is useful :)
  • Options

There fixed it for you.
    I'll just point out the adaptive guide to crush the idea that this game is "P2W" oriented. Too many people think that the devs get out of their straw-filled beds, eat rocks for breakfast, and go work 40-50 hours a week so you can have your 10 minutes of fun. The game industry evolved into a profit-oriented industry. People made DLC's and season passes because they know they can sell them. By the people, for the people, isn't that the American way? And that is where most of the internet industry is. The devs need whales to pay, we need whales to pay, everyone needs the whales, and let me tell you, if I can enjoy 100% of this game content for free just because some guy paid for all of it to trash me around a bit in TW, by all means go ahead my friend (and even the 2nd place rewards are incredible, only slightly lower than #1)
    Swgoh has one of the least restrictive paying systems. To top it off, a lot of endgame content cannot be bought and has to be earned trough playing (IPB, GK, Stompa, ROLO etc.) so not only is everything obtainable, there is a wall that even the credit card cannot go over.
    The only reason the games get abandoned is because everyone gets bored. So you need new content > you need to fund that new content. Please stop thinking that the world is fueled by thoughts and prayers.
  • Options

There fixed it for you.
    I'll just point out the adaptive guide to crush the idea that this game is "P2W" oriented. Too many people think that the devs get out of their straw-filled beds, eat rocks for breakfast, and go work 40-50 hours a week so you can have your 10 minutes of fun. The game industry evolved into a profit-oriented industry. People made DLC's and season passes because they know they can sell them. By the people, for the people, isn't that the American way? And that is where most of the internet industry is. The devs need whales to pay, we need whales to pay, everyone needs the whales, and let me tell you, if I can enjoy 100% of this game content for free just because some guy paid for all of it to trash me around a bit in TW, by all means go ahead my friend (and even the 2nd place rewards are incredible, only slightly lower than #1)
    Swgoh has one of the least restrictive paying systems. To top it off, a lot of endgame content cannot be bought and has to be earned trough playing (IPB, GK, Stompa, ROLO etc.) so not only is everything obtainable, there is a wall that even the credit card cannot go over.
    The only reason the games get abandoned is because everyone gets bored. So you need new content > you need to fund that new content. Please stop thinking that the world is fueled by thoughts and prayers.

I didn't say that SW:GOH is P2W. It's not far off and a few wrong moves from the devs could definitely make it P2W, but right now it's just Pay-To-Make-It-Easier.

Also, free games don't need to be P2W to keep going. An incredible number of free games pay the bills by selling things that, here's the secret, don't affect gameplay. You would not believe that sheer amount of people who will spend money just to look cool. I've done it quite a bit.

This is the beauty of games like LoL and Warframe. Everything that actually has an affect on gameplay is entirely available by just playing it. But the stuff that makes you look cool, or sound cool, you can buy. Those are two of the biggest games in the world right now, so don't tell me it's not viable.

Hell, it's even okay to have the ability to sell things that do affect gameplay, as long as they are reasonably attainable in-game. If I wanted a specific character in Warframe it might take me a couple weeks to make it, or I could just buy it. Simple as.
  • Options

There fixed it for you.

I didn't say that SW:GOH is P2W. It's not far off and a few wrong moves from the devs could definitely make it P2W, but right now it's just Pay-To-Make-It-Easier.

Also, free games don't need to be P2W to keep going. An incredible number of free games pay the bills by selling things that, here's the secret, don't affect gameplay. You would not believe that sheer amount of people who will spend money just to look cool. I've done it quite a bit.

This is the beauty of games like LoL and Warframe. Everything that actually has an affect on gameplay is entirely available by just playing it. But the stuff that makes you look cool, or sound cool, you can buy. Those are two of the biggest games in the world right now, so don't tell me it's not viable.

Hell, it's even okay to have the ability to sell things that do affect gameplay, as long as they are reasonably attainable in-game. If I wanted a specific character in Warframe it might take me a couple weeks to make it, or I could just buy it. Simple as.

Haha I agree on the looking cool part, I've done it myself.
    There is a little more to it than that. If you remember the Battlefront II issue not too long ago, any kind of boost that is not obtainable by means other than $$ and sold in packs is considered gambling and unless your game is strictly 18+ you are facing heavy fines and censure. How is Warframe as a game? I Considered starting a new MMO and right now ToR, Destiny and EOS are on my mind but I crossed warframe a few times.
  • Options

There fixed it for you.

Haha I agree on the looking cool part, I've done it myself.
    There is a little more to it than that. If you remember the Battlefront II issue not too long ago, any kind of boost that is not obtainable by means other than $$ and sold in packs is considered gambling and unless your game is strictly 18+ you are facing heavy fines and censure. How is Warframe as a game? I Considered starting a new MMO and right now ToR, Destiny and EOS are on my mind but I crossed warframe a few times.

I'll try to not go on too much since this is the SW:GOH forums after all, but Warframe is an incredibly confusing game that somehow manages to be so fun that you end up just pushing through it. And once it starts to make sense it just gets better.

As someone who played ToR for about 3 years, I struggle to suggest it. Fine if you just want to play through the story, but MMO things like dungeons and raids are extremely lacking.

Haven't played Destiny 2 but I've heard overwhelmingly negative things. Haven't played ESO (I assume you meant Elder Scrolls Online), but I've heard a lot about how it's improved recently.
  • Options
    There has to be a way to factor in the money spent on this game. My guild has been “whaled” 4 TWs in a row. In this current TW, 1 player on the opposing guild has 5 META-worthy teams 90K+ with zetas and g12, not to mention the battles they won on offense. That’s $100s spent on this game. My guild is almost entirely f2p. Let the whales beat each other up. My guild shouldn’t be disadvantaged by an algorithm because we choose to spend our money somewhere else.

I'm not really seeing a reason why tw would be any different than the arena. People who pay to advance faster in the game are always going to have an advantage. I'm not advocating spending money just pointing out that's the way this game and many others operate.
  • Options
    So basically, this ll switch between each territory wars instead of just FO and Resistance. I need help with Balance though.

Bounty Hunters: Syndicate: Bounty Hunters call a random ally to assist whenever they use a special ability. Assist and Multi-Attacks deal 30% more damage.

VS

Scoundrels: Rigged Dice: Whenever a Thermal Detonator is cleansed or resisted, inflict 2 irrestisble thermal detonators to explode after one turn.

Rouge 1: Built on Hope: As long as another Rouge one ally is alive, Rouge one characters revive another random rouge 1 character with 1 health and 100%TM whenever they use a special ability. These characters cant gain health or buffs for 1 turn.

VS

Imp. Troopers: Imperial Backbone: Imperial Troopers gain 30% Max HP and 30% Defense. Whenever a Imperial Trooper gains a defensive buff, he gains the corresponding offensive buff.

Defense Up: Offense Up
    Crit Immunity: Advanatge

Rebels : Nothing to lose: Rebels gain 20% Offense and 40% Critical Damage.

Vs

Empire: Iron Grip: Whenever a Empire ally inflicts a debuff, a random enemy gains tenacity down for 2 turns. If he already had tenacity down, inflict speed down for 2 turns. If he already had speed down, remove 5%TM. Empire allies gain 20% Potency. This ability counts for each enemy character being inflicted and not per debuff.

Ewoks: Nature's Revenge: Ewoks with buffs gain 5%Defense, Max HP and Offense per buff. Ewoks have a 70% chance to gain tencaity up after being inflicted with a debuff. Ewoks are immune to buff immunity

VS

Jawas: Shifting Sands: Jawas gain 30% Speed and 20% Evasion. Jawas attacks cannot be evaded or countered.

Phoniex: Lothal's Champions: Phoniex uniques are shared after death if Hera was the Leader. Phoniex charcaters are immune to TM Removal

vs

Thrawn: Strategy Trifecta.: Negate all other unique abilities, including allies unique abilities. Thrawn is immune to debuffs. Thrawn must be the leader in order for this ability to be active.

Jedi: Peacekeepers: Jedi gain 50% Max Protection and HP and are immune to debuffs.

Vs

Sith: Warmongers: Sith gain 50% Offense. Enemies cant gain buffs.

Clones: One Blood: Clones equalize their health percentages at the end of their leaders turn, then
    gain 10% of their respective Max HP. If they have full health, they recover 10% of their protection and dispell all debuffs on all clones.

Vs

Droids: Critical Analysis: Droid are immune to debuffs. All buffs last for a additional turn.

• Options
    ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to TW sub forum.

I'm sure they have plans to do something like this, I can't imagine why they would release a map with only those bonuses. It's a great idea.

Most of that makes sense except ewok vs jawa. Your kinda reaching there.
  • Options
    Moved to TW sub forum.

I'm sure they have plans to do something like this, I can't imagine why they would release a map with only those bonuses. It's a great idea.

Most of that makes sense except ewok vs jawa. Your kinda reaching there.

What would ewoks and jawas fight? Empires already taken, and i kinda want unique 1 on 1s
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    ?

Every TW, each guild will be assigned a random bonus instaed of the resistance/FO bonus. However, i m bad at balancing abilities, so i wondered if the community could help me out
  • Options
    Bonus seems insignificant so far. Don't think this should be a priority over raids, characters or TB. Guild wars is fun but it's got nothing to do with the faction buffs
This discussion has been closed.