The Galactic Empire Players Discussion

Replies

• Options
    Exactly what composition for P4?
  • Cesium
    230 posts Member
    Options
    Veers (L), Snow, DT, Storm, Starck. It can solo if all g12 and good mods
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Options
    So for everyone here how fast is your stormtrooper?
  • Options
    @project0rigin mine is 220 I think.
  • Options
    In case you guys haven't tried it yet, initial testing with Trooper teams is promising in Phase 2 of the Sith Raid. If you run Storm make sure you don't have crit chance on him. His exposes do 60k each on Sion. Deathmark is where the team truly will do it's damage though, giving about 40k damage to your score every time he is hit.

Because most of your damage is coming from % health effects too, I am thinking modding focus should be on speed and survivability rather than damage numbers. I didn't try Magmatrooper but he could be really solid in this team, especially since his basic could hit Sion twice and do additional deathmark damage.

I also recommend purging the cycles of pain and cycles of suffering whenever they get past 3 on a toon, because (once again) your damage is coming from deathmark, not from the physical damage your characters can do. In the first run i finished, I did about 2.5 million with Zeers, Shore, Storm, Snow, and Deathtrooper. 70%-75% of the damage came from exposes and deathmark bonus damage.
  • Options
    So for everyone here how fast is your stormtrooper?

212 IIRC
  • Gawejn
    1112 posts Member
    Options
    In case you guys haven't tried it yet, initial testing with Trooper teams is promising in Phase 2 of the Sith Raid. If you run Storm make sure you don't have crit chance on him. His exposes do 60k each on Sion. Deathmark is where the team truly will do it's damage though, giving about 40k damage to your score every time he is hit.

Because most of your damage is coming from % health effects too, I am thinking modding focus should be on speed and survivability rather than damage numbers. I didn't try Magmatrooper but he could be really solid in this team, especially since his basic could hit Sion twice and do additional deathmark damage.

I also recommend purging the cycles of pain and cycles of suffering whenever they get past 3 on a toon, because (once again) your damage is coming from deathmark, not from the physical damage your characters can do. In the first run i finished, I did about 2.5 million with Zeers, Shore, Storm, Snow, and Deathtrooper. 70%-75% of the damage came from exposes and deathmark bonus damage.

If You put Thrawn on lead, and Magma instead of Snow this team can do 4 milion.
  • Options
    Gawejn wrote: »

I just saw that magma does really well in P1 too. Nihilus tries to apply defense down on him which boosts his tm. Lets him go over and over again. Still a lot of testing to be done to find the perfect team for each phase though.
  • Gawejn
    1112 posts Member
    Options

I just saw that magma does really well in P1 too. Nihilus tries to apply defense down on him which boosts his tm. Lets him go over and over again. Still a lot of testing to be done to find the perfect team for each phase though.

Yes, I test many teams, DT with his deathmark can be used in many teams, not only Empire. I like new raid couse there is a space to play with few teams and old toons like Jawas, BH even R1 toons are doing nice dmg( jyn erso lead with cassian). I also tried Mace Windu and it was quite good. I was very suprised that Magma can be real star in phase 1. And what is really good about this raid is cannot be done on auto, soloed.
  • Gawejn
    1112 posts Member
    Options
    Today in Arena first time I tried my Empire against Palp teams with Tarkin and Shore. I really love my team. Vader is constantly feeding my team with tm. It was so good that I got to rank 6 at payout. My team is the only one Thrawn lead team in my Arena Shard in top 50. If only this team could be better against Rey teams.
  • Options
    It can, if you get IPD as 5th.
  • Options
    Today in Arena first time I tried my Empire against Palp teams with Tarkin and Shore. I really love my team. Vader is constantly feeding my team with tm. It was so good that I got to rank 6 at payout. My team is the only one Thrawn lead team in my Arena Shard in top 50. If only this team could be better against Rey teams.

ipd or second tank work very well against rey...i play thrawn leader for a long time but in defence is too easy to beat

• thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    Options
    @Aero - not sure if youre still reading this thread, but we faced your empire guild in TW recently - was a great battle (you won, not by much tho). The thrawn wall at the start was hideous (darth hideous!)

back OT, thrawn shore storm dk dt is the best TW defence team ive faced (or used)

cheers
  • thee_pdx
    302 posts Member
    Options
    so is magma worth gearing up at this stage? i have him at g9 - he needs so much painful gear and is generally lacklustre. does he improve much at 11/12?

cheers
  • C1pher_Five
    267 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Is it just me or has the Arena turned borderline impossible to beat with Empire? Until a week ago I could get to top 30 with my Thrawn-ShT-ST-DT-Tarkin team. Now I struggle to get over 60. My mods are the same as they were.

I am soooo fed up with the stuggle, I even consider quitting this game altogether.
  • Nebulous
    1476 posts Member
    Options
    Thrawn lead usually performs quite well vs ep and NS. It can be a toss up vs rjt. I don't know your shard breakdown.

Maybe consider removing stormtrooper for a more offensive hero. Ep with his unique zeta can hit really high levels of protection under thrawn.

If your mods are the same, then consider the mod shop change and other players' mods may have outpaced you.

• Gawejn
    1112 posts Member
    Options
    Is it just me or has the Arena turned borderline impossible to beat with Empire? Until a week ago I could get to top 30 with my Thrawn-ShT-ST-DT-Tarkin team. Now I struggle to get over 60. My mods are the same as they were.

I am soooo fed up with the stuggle, I even consider quitting this game altogether.

I changed to Palp team and easy top 5 everyday, no tank in team. But Thrawn lead is still very good against Palp. You need to change tanks to Palp and Krenic or Vader.
  • Options
    Cesium wrote: »
    Veers (L), Snow, DT, Storm, Starck. It can solo if all g12 and good mods

How exactly? Mines always die - though only g11 except Veers. Does g12 make such a difference, or does it have a special strategy?
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Options
    @Kern_dogg1 this is a great slot for all things empire. But to answer your question- i don’t think he stacks expose.
  • Options
    Thanks Vinny, would it then expose the enemy every time I took I turn with a full empire squad do you know? Or every time they take damage @ under 100% health? I'm thinking expose for Sith raid to try and maximise damage from empire rather that my Zader lead as the TM reduction doesn't have such an effect with the monstrous speed gain the raid bosses have.
    Thanks
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Hey peeps :)

How does Snowtrooper fare in P3 of the Sith Raid?
    I thought he could help making Traya topple faster but mine is only G9 and, even though I can see the potential, he doesn't do enough damage.
    Would gearing him to 10 (costing me 1 of 2 Carbantis and 1 of 3 Stun Cuffs) make a noticeable difference?
    The team I've tried him with is zVeers (L), DT, Starck and zTrawn.

TIA ;)

P.S: https://swgoh.gg/u/ddlooping/collection/
  • Options
    Kern_dogg1 wrote: »
    Thanks Vinny, would it then expose the enemy every time I took I turn with a full empire squad do you know? Or every time they take damage @ under 100% health? I'm thinking expose for Sith raid to try and maximise damage from empire rather that my Zader lead as the TM reduction doesn't have such an effect with the monstrous speed gain the raid bosses have.
    Thanks

Sorry for the delay - the way it reads for Tarkin’s leader zeta is once the enemy is below 50% they get an expose. But let’s say they go from 49 percent to 38 percent - the enemy won’t get another expose. 50 percent below is the threshold and once done (any time health goes below 50) that’s the one expose. No more after that. The only way to stack it would be pairing a tarkin lead with like por or bb8 that can put an expose with out hitting the enemy.

Also- I don’t have any zetas on Tarkin.
    Tldr- nope :)
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Hey peeps :)

How does Snowtrooper fare in P3 of the Sith Raid?
    I thought he could help making Traya topple faster but mine is only G9 and, even though I can see the potential, he doesn't do enough damage.
    Would gearing him to 10 (costing me 1 of 2 Carbantis and 1 of 3 Stun Cuffs) make a noticeable difference?
    The team I've tried him with is zVeers (L), DT, Starck and zTrawn.

TIA ;)

P.S: https://swgoh.gg/u/ddlooping/collection/

I’m not well versed on the Sith Raid. But Snowtrooper is needed for other parts of the game and he is fantastic. I know the cuffs are crazy but once you put all his omegas on him he makes a huge difference.
    Go for it- he’s great.
  • Options
    Thanks @Vinny_Vader_Vedi :)

Anybody care to share his/her experience with SnTrooper in the Sith Raid?
  • Options
    I'm sorry to say that so far it doesn't feel like a good move (for Sith Raid that is).
    I've tried SnTrooper in place of Thrawn, ShTrooper, even Veers and Starck and the overal damage is lower with my usual team. :/
  • Options
    Has anibody tried in old shard arena the following team?
    Zzep, zDV, zThrawn, IPD and TFP?

I Don’t have IPD so cannot say, but it might be a good team against Traya teams by using the EP-IPD combo with Traya...
  • Options
    Ha, I am the only one in my guild capable of farming IPD for the time being. If things stay the same maybe I can unlock it at December...
  • Options
    Ha, I am the only one in my guild capable of farming IPD for the time being. If things stay the same maybe I can unlock it at December...

Same here... And unfortunately my Bounty Hunters aren't geared enough to fight for its shards in the contract event.
    SWGOH.gg profile: NicoleJudge
  • Options
    Yeah, I tried that as well but get wiped at wave 3.