Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Instead of complaining here, maybe it's time to start complaining to the Mouse.
  • Options
    It's interesting how times have changed with CG's perspective of Expose. Last year, they made the decision to have Expose do more damage because it would break their code if they didn't.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/110714/the-expose-expose#latest
  • Options
    Is it 10 am there yet?

It was back at my other post, but I did get pulled at 10:15 for a stand up alignment meeting. I had a lunch meeting today, which went well. I'm largely clear the rest of the day for this and the Raid thread.

However, I may be out of the office tomorrow. I'll update tonight.

Cheers!
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Is it 10 am there yet?

It was back at my other post, but I did get pulled at 10:15 for a stand up alignment meeting. I had a lunch meeting today, which went well. I'm largely clear the rest of the day for this and the Raid thread.

However, I may be out of the office tomorrow. I'll update tonight.

Cheers!

Can you address some posts that matter and not this one? Such as the rewards for raids including challenge gear?
  • Options
    Djarlaks wrote: »
    Roopehun wrote: »
    The forum is always full of complains, it doesnt matter what the changes are actually.

Expose has been way too op, which now theyre adjusting, to be in line with other abilities. Its a bug fix and promotes diversity in the competing teams, which everyone has been asking for, in the last half year.

Mb this is not the expose problem but other abilities and mechanics are useless in this raid?

ST Han is being largely impacted, and some are being impacted to a lesser degree. By no means useless (unless we disagree on that relative meaning) as we see them.

Also, remember, we're lowering Sith Raid health as an adjustment too. We will be watching and tuning as necessary, just like we did with Rancor, AAT, Light Side TB, Dark Side TB and all other content releases.

Fixing expose issue across Raid Bosses does have an impact. We're confident there are many widely usable combinations and strategies to solve Rancor/AAT and Sith.

We understand this will require new strategies.

We're excited to watch you all engage with the content!

RT
  • Options
    Leon4107 wrote: »
    Please someone from the Dev team answer my question.. because I swear if the only team I had that is considered good for this raid was nerfed into oblivion I may very well just give up.
    Krennic + DT combo in P3. FREAKING ZETA when Krennic is damaged, 50% chance to give Death Trooper 100% Turn meter... I used a freaking zeta!
    Death Mark. The only real reason my team even does damage. Is this also nerfed along Expose? Did my entire team that actually did decent in a single Phase just get destroyed due to This?

I was thinking of zeta-ing my deathtrooper for sith raid, so now it's nerfed?

We're letting you know the changes to the Raid coming in an effort to be as transparent as possible. If you're concerned, you're free to wait and see how the changes impact the Raid.

You'll only need to wait a week.

Ryan
  • Options
    The forum is always full of complains, it doesnt matter what the changes are actually.

Expose has been way too op, which now theyre adjusting, to be in line with other abilities. Its a bug fix and promotes diversity in the competing teams, which everyone has been asking for, in the last half year.

Mb this is not the expose problem but other abilities and mechanics are useless in this raid?

ST Han is being largely impacted, and some are being impacted to a lesser degree. By no means useless (unless we disagree on that relative meaning) as we see them.

Also, remember, we're lowering Sith Raid health as an adjustment too. We will be watching and tuning as necessary, just like we did with Rancor, AAT, Light Side TB, Dark Side TB and all other content releases.

Fixing expose issue across Raid Bosses does have an impact. We're confident there are many widely usable combinations and strategies to solve Rancor/AAT and Sith.

RT

Sooooooo all content purchased, upgraded, grinded is now devalued while we purchase, upgrade, grind these new strategies?

Also, if there were better, more effective combinations and strategies WE WOULD BE USING THEM ALREADY. Sheesh.

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    can't we get a players rep? Bombarding this thread with all sorts of questions isn't helping much.
    My vote goes to @scuba
    #VoteForScuba
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    What kinda nerf to health are we looking at? .01%?
  • Options
    I would like to thank the developers for carrying about our raid experience. This will make the raid even more interesting.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Options
    600 posts across two threads is a challenge, but I'll continue on :)

Updated the FAQ, as I think it was a missed detail.

RESTATED FROM ABOVE:
    Recognizing this change has an impact on overall balance, we will be lowering the health of the Sith Triumvirate Raid slightly as well to bring it more inline with our intended design.

@CG_RyDiggs Again with these vague adjectives.
    nzxi36p.jpg

If we shouldn't be worried about Expose being "minimally" nerfed, why should we be encouraged by health being "slightly" reduced?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sooooooo all content purchased, upgraded, grinded is now devalued while we purchase, upgrade, grind these new strategies?

Also, if there were better, more effective combinations and strategies WE WOULD BE USING THEM ALREADY. Sheesh.

Reduced Health is a relative buff to other comps, while reducing overall top damage for this one comp (and clearly effecting the effort into those only) it is buffing % damage and productivity for other teams in the same process, so its not an across the board devalue but expose change is not nothing as you pointed out , but is also not the only strategic way to win old content or for sith raid which is important to factor in

The emotions are a part of this but the damage math is important to factor into this dicussion moving forward as well.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options
    My guild is very frustrated with these changes. We are a 95M guild, still finishing p4 on our first T6 Sith raid. By far the most effective squads at dealing more than 4-500k have been the RJT-lead Resistance squads, primarily due to the unresistable Expose damage.

Since the raid bosses have stacking Tenacity, you can't realistically get more than 1-2 debuffs on them before it becomes unfeasible. That means that zFinn and Zader squads lose a huge chunk of their effectiveness. I'm sure we'll develop some new strategy, or new characters will be released over the next year (a la BB8) that will drastically increase our abilities in the raid, but it's very frustrating right now.

I'm also afraid that this will cause the top portion of our guild to peel away and try to find a 140M+ guild that can do heroic, if our 100M guild will be unable. That will overall hurt the rest of my guild, and does not seem like the intent of the game design.

I personally am not finding the raid, especially phase 4, "fun." 600M damage is entirely too much. I might have had faith that the Expose nerf wouldn't be a probably, except for the fact that the raid health decrease will be "slight." Dropping it to say 550M while nerfing expose = a significantly longer raid for all of us, and it's already been over a week just doing it once.
  • Holio
    99 posts Member
    Options

RT[/quote]

Ryan,
    Why should we need to sort out new strategies for old problems? We've had these raids on farm for many months and given all of the new content, and figuring it out.. please we have 3 raids, TB/TW.. 2 hours of arena fighting a day.. you're wearing us out.. burn out is high and your response to the sith raid has diminished player morale and trust.
  • Options

RT

There it is, we go from "minimal impact" and "will not be nearly significant to this does have an impact and we expect you will use many other combo's and strategies to complete rancor and aat. Sadly us lower and still progressing guilds have been farming the most effective tactic available which has been to a large extent, expose. We've spent a good few months in prep for HAAT, we're finally starting to pull some GK shards and now they are "excited to watch us engage with the content" that they broke and now will cause us to have to farm more characters and gear them mod them etc. . . Should have known the moment I picked up this game that anything EA touches gets broken. Maybe not right away, but eventually their philosophy runs a game into the dirt.
  • Options
    What if we, in mass, choose not to engage with the content? I don’t like the wait and see answer. I don’t want to wait and see if something I’ve spent money on (and it’s not like I have a lot to spend) is going to work.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Please someone from the Dev team answer my question.. because I swear if the only team I had that is considered good for this raid was nerfed into oblivion I may very well just give up.
    Krennic + DT combo in P3. FREAKING ZETA when Krennic is damaged, 50% chance to give Death Trooper 100% Turn meter... I used a freaking zeta!
    Death Mark. The only real reason my team even does damage. Is this also nerfed along Expose? Did my entire team that actually did decent in a single Phase just get destroyed due to This?

We're letting you know the changes to the Raid coming in an effort to be as transparent as possible. If you're concerned, you're free to wait and see how the changes impact the Raid.

Ryan

You and I both know that if we players wait, what design does to the raid and characters will be forever locked in stone and nothing any of us say about it will ever matter.

If we can't change CG's mind now, it will never ever change, it will never be discussed by CG again, and the standing policy to us will be "Too bad". We are desperately trying to send the message that the decision being made here is not okay, hurts us, makes the game less likable, and damages trust in the development team.
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »

Reduced Health is a relative buff to other comps, while reducing overall top damage for this one comp (and clearly effecting the effort into those only) it is buffing % damage and productivity for other teams in the same process, so its not an across the board devalue but expose change is not nothing as you pointed out , but is also not the only strategic way to win old content or for sith raid which is important to factor in

The emotions are a part of this but the damage math is important to factor into this dicussion moving forward as well.

Show me where is the mathematical world "slightly" is. If we're gonna talk numbers, show us the numbers. 80% of the problem is communication- being vague, dodging questions, cherry picking questions, restating the same vague answers- that's the problem.

If the problem is turkey, let's talk turkey.
  • Options

Ryan

"You need to pass it to see what's in it."

No thanks, we fell for that already.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    I get that expose and TM loop should not be the strategy for an end game content like this...

Can we ALL please stop saying "end game content"?
    Way too many people have been saying that since HAAT raid. Stop calling it EGC because it almost certainly isn't. Remember all, this is a "living breathing" game. ;)
    Snark aside, people have been throwing that term around since before HAAT was released. This STR won't be the last content. Doesn't matter how you define content either - we'll get new toons, Hardware abilities for ships at some point, and almost certainly we'll get a ship raid after more ships are released. We've got at least 1 more Han coming with the Solo movie, we've got the final movie of this trilogy still to come too. This game will go past that mark at least.
  • Options

So, my guild is going to have to go back to the drawing board on the issue of tackling HAAT? After you've assured us that it would have miminal impact? Great, thank you for your fantastic problem solving skills. [/sarcasm]

If you're lowering the boss health pools does Expose even need to be nerfed? Or is this another example of CG's over-zealous and over-complicated problem solving? Occam's Razor! Use it! People are mostly upset by the Expose nerf--by and large we're fine with STH, if not entirely the whole list of characters getting nerfed alongside him--and you could probably reevaluate whether or not it is even required after lowering the health pool. If that tuning brings expose damage closer in-line with HAAT--say 20% of the damage done by that specific team rather than 60%--then leave it alone.
  • Options
    Does Hoth Rebel Solider say anything to you?
    Deja vu?
  • Options
    So are you telling me that the Resistance squad I've been focused on for two months for HAAT that my 40GP guild is trying for the 3rd time tonight is about to be broken? The squad I've invested time and money in getting ready to finally take down HAAT? All the videos and comments/posts I've researched about strategy for HAAT? It is all moot now? Is that really what I am reading? This is a slap in the face an makes no sense to me. If you want to fix the new Sith Raid that is one thing, but to mess with HAAT is another. It is an uneven playing field. All the guilds that have GK already just got a giant push forward as it will take smaller guilds an even longer time to get GK themselves now. The ethics surrounding this are very cloudy.
  • Vampire_X
    1435 posts Moderator
    Options

Show me where is the mathematical world "slightly" is. If we're gonna talk numbers, show us the numbers. 80% of the problem is communication- being vague, dodging questions, cherry picking questions, restating the same vague answers- that's the problem.

That number I dont have to give, but math point is that if health goes down any percent , then your trooper team who did 2.75% under old rules would do more under new rules, for a higher overall % production towards completion of the raid.

Your right without a final number how large that is unavailable and asking for trust is a bridge to far, but at least the principle of the concept is what I am trying to highlight as just a point of view that may not be highlighted in this topic.
    Wicked Sith Queen with the Pink Saber
  • Options

That number I dont have to give, but math point is that if health goes down any percent , then your trooper team who did 2.75% under old rules would do more under new rules, for a higher overall % production towards completion of the raid.

Your right without a final number how large that is unavailable and asking for trust is a bridge to far, but at least the principle of the concept is what I am trying to highlight as just a point of view that may not be highlighted in this topic.

You would be correct, if all that was done was to lower health pool. Lowering % health damage as well leads to less production.
  • Options

RT

Lowering the raid health doesn't change the fact that 75% of our rosters, that YOU all created for us, are useless because of the excessively high amount of tenacity and speed. All the while nerfing the one team that can actually do around 2-4% of damage in herioc. Lastly, if it has the "minimal" impact that you claim, then why do it at all??

Unreal answers from this company.
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »

Ryan

You and I both know that if we players wait, what design does to the raid and characters will be forever locked in stone and nothing any of us say about it will ever matter.

If we can't change CG's mind now, it will never ever change, it will never be discussed by CG again, and the standing policy to us will be "Too bad". We are desperately trying to send the message that the decision being made here is not okay, hurts us, makes the game less likable, and damages trust in the development team.

Look at the times zones and underage accounts - no way to change anything. They just keep blowing full steam ahead and can't give two [meows] about whats behind them.

Still no fix to character bugs after months and still no answer on numerous QoL issues we asked for (we got some random junk instead [and GW sims, that's no joke great thought]) - but no issue dropping everything and fixing things that don't need to be fixed for current stuff thought.
    #nerfnute
    #nerfrey
    #nerfsthan
    #nerfexpose
    #nerfdebuffsinraids
    #nerfnszombie
    Pretty soon CUP really might be viable...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    #nerfnszombie
    about freaking time !! ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Does Hoth Rebel Solider say anything to you?
    Deja vu?
    What do 20,000 crystals have to do with this? :)
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • First_but_66_Order
    1014 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Viserys wrote: »

Ryan

Look at the times zones and underage accounts - no way to change anything. They just keep blowing full steam ahead and can't give two [meows] about whats behind them.

Still no fix to character bugs after months and still no answer on numerous QoL issues we asked for (we got some random junk instead [and GW sims, that's no joke great thought]) - but no issue dropping everything and fixing things that don't need to be fixed for current stuff thought.
    #nerfnute
    #nerfrey
    #nerfsthan
    #nerfexpose
    #nerfdebuffsinraids
    #nerfnszombie
    Pretty soon CUP really might be viable...

#nerfkylo
    Not the first time it happens...
    Now the difference is they nerfed 2 Kylos at the same time...
    disneygif_0.gif
This discussion has been closed.