Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Take away the insain tenacity = raid fixed... o wait no let’s put up Toon that are Raid unless (7*!gear 12 sion owner here). You really did mess this up, and you bring on your own issues with your horrible responses. Take my $400 and I’m sure x 10,000+ others and hire a publicist.

By the way anyone else an avid you tube watcher that has said screw it those videos are just paid advertisement from guys not wanting to be put out in the cold!

You really messed up and I’m ashamed I gave you my hard earned cash for entertaiment value you’ve actually done the opposite. Takes some real “talent” to pull that off.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    AdlerCl wrote: »
    I think a comment from @CG_RyDiggs or anybody at CG might help right now. It's about 4 pm in Sacramento and it feels a bit like CG gave up on answering any of the vital questions that have been asked over the weekend.

Ironically, this same post could have been made last Monday. And many of the questions are still the same. lol

On a side note, it's good to know that with all the changes, some things stay the same. Jedi, one of the defining groups of the franchise are still completely useless in yet another aspect of the game. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I was interested in this thread for the first 33 or so pages. Nothing more boring than a couple of people try to outnerd one another in an open forum. It’s officially a snooze fest.

Please consider twice before clicking the thread then.

Noted. Would have preferred a few not monopolize the conversation. No wonder the developers have been silent. They’ve chosen not to click as well.

Monopolized? Are everyone's fingers tied? Are they not capable of posting? Have I, or anyone else who has posted, prevented them from expressing their opinions? You say shame on me for posting too much, I say shame on you for posting too little.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    AdlerCl wrote: »
    I think a comment from @CG_RyDiggs or anybody at CG might help right now. It's about 4 pm in Sacramento and it feels a bit like CG gave up on answering any of the vital questions that have been asked over the weekend.

Ironically, this same post could have been made last Monday. And many of the questions are still the same. lol

On a side note, it's good to know that with all the changes, some things stay the same. Jedi, one of the defining groups of the franchise are still completely useless in yet another aspect of the game. :D

Haha! So true! Is it just me or has anybody else had the Monty Python song "Always look on the bright side" stuck in their head all day?

Honestly I'm just trying to give them an "in" back into this thread that isn't laced with cyanide. I still want answers, but it's starting to feel like we have to coax them out like when I got my cat at first.

Here's to hoping they make an appearance sometime today. :smile:
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Have faith ROTJ anniversary is coming.
    I was interested in this thread for the first 33 or so pages. Nothing more boring than a couple of people try to outnerd one another in an open forum. It’s officially a snooze fest.

Please consider twice before clicking the thread then.

Noted. Would have preferred a few not monopolize the conversation. No wonder the developers have been silent. They’ve chosen not to click as well.

Monopolized? Are everyone's fingers tied? Are they not capable of posting? Have I, or anyone else who has posted, prevented them from expressing their opinions? You say shame on me for posting too much, I say shame on you for posting too little.

Yes. Yes you have. You’ve bored them all right out of this thread.

Guys? This guy is bored, so the Feedback is worthless.

Guess you solved it, then.
  • Options
    I posted a few days ago, and tried to keep up, but I've been thinking of another larger issue that I'm not sure has been brought up. I think we all agree that the reevaluation of the expose mechanic potentially means that they are trying to create a problem that could be solved by a newer undisclosed future character. The issue is that if (when) that future toon is released it better not be able to do more than 5-10% of any phase (the best I've seen a Rey team do.) Bevauae, if that new toon's team can do that much than obviously we will all flock to that team...And in doing so create a team that disproportionately represents the damage done in the raid. Oh no! That would stifle creativity. On top of that it would go against this glorious code of "Game Philosophy" that they are fighting so hard to establish.

I hope eveyone, including developers, can see the hypocrisy here. We were sold Rey based on her raid viability. We use her to that end, and as consumers we are very very happy to see her usefulness. Guilds are very happy because she allowed the completion of things like the HAAT. She's awesome, so we gear 12 her, and use her in everything. She was extremely difficult to unlock, so why not? Then she's suddenly too useful?

All I'm saying here Devs is you've painted yourselves into a corner. No new toon's team ever EVER released in the future (ever) better do more damage to this Sith Raid than her team is currently doing now. Because the bar has been set by you guys, not us.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    fascizio wrote: »

It is a game, and it is suppose to be fun. But in all the varied responses here, one recurring one, even among a lot of the people who are ok with nerfing Rey, is that this raid is not fun. It's a chore for bad rewards (unless you can complete heroic). A different perspective is unlikely to make people enjoy this. You can certainly keep trying, but if I were a gambling man I wouldn't like your odds.

haha, it's a lost cause indeed.
    I'm not going to go through your post point by point again. I do however still feel like you're being a bit dishonest with yourself about not enjoying the raid solely due to the mechanics and not because of the low dmg numbers.
    I also still feel like we're saying the same thing about JTR in comparrison to other teams, maybe i'm just wording it weirdly.

I mean, you can feel that way, but it really is about the mechanics for me. The best way I can think to say it is that nearly everything you do in this raid feels like it gets punished, and as a fan of efficiency I really don't enjoy that, regardless of numbers.

Use a basic? That's a paddlin'
    Buff your team? That's a paddlin'
    Try to debuff? That's a paddlin'
    Counter lead? You better believe that's a paddlin'...

Thats-a-paddlin.jpg
  • Jedimonk
    91 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs dude amazing game,but you or anyone else is not answering or replying to the uproar of REWARDS.All 3 raids should never give bog standard gear pieces we have THOUSANDS of.Surely instead of looking to p2p with EVERY toon,giving a little back ie PROPER REWARDS the players would think"hang on they are actually listening to us" it's a shame the vibe has gone downhill,we all love Star Wars and the game but it constantly doesn't have to be in our pocket.Heres hoping a few minor details go the players way for a change.The sith raid is brilliant I like it but like everyone is saying,the toons we have farmed from the start are worthless,which is a shame
    Good luck and we do appreciate all what you do to give us a boss game,just listen a little it will go a long way. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I’m actually amazed that this thread has grown to 40 pages and 1.2k comments and there has been absolute silence on CG’s end.
    Given the massive blowback these changes have created, the widespread outcry over rewards and mechanics in the new raid and a promise from @CG_RyDiggs to get back to us today after 3 days of silence is a poor decision. This is not what you do when you’re asking your paying players and customer base for trust.

What this man says is spot on.

• Options
    Howdy all,

THANK YOU ALL for your feedback, opinions and thoughts.

Please know we have posted a new update with more information here: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/162420/upcoming-sith-triumvirate-raid-changes-3-12-mega

I will be sinking this thread as we discuss the changes there.

I look forward to talking with you all more tomorrow.

Cheers!
    RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Rimbol
    14 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs

One thing that you can do to reduce the effectiveness of Expose in the Sith raid, but not affect existing raids is to create another tier of Fearsome Foe. Have Fearsome Foe III take reduced damage from expose and apply that tag to all of the new raid bosses.
  • Rimbol
    14 posts Member
    Options
    One thing that you can do to reduce the effectiveness of expose in the Sith raid, but not affect existing raids is to create another tier of Fearsome Foe. Have Fearsome Foe III take reduced damage from expose and apply that tag to all of the new raid bosses.
This discussion has been closed.