Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    @CG_RyDiggs I almost feel bad for you. It's like you drew the short straw and forced to walk this mine field of backlash. And your coworkers just sit there, watching you take shot after shot to the face.

I get it, STHan loop. But to null unique in p3 and p4 for the other characters is a bit much. It's not like Zavage is putting up 2 mil and Zylo Ren another 2 mil. Removing the buffs they, and others, gain is a bit much.

Why need expose, even a little? It's hard enough to land an expose in p4 as it is (I think my res landed 3 or 4 total?)

I read back around pages 8 - 10 about beta testing. CG could use their awesome RNG algorithm to randomly select players for live beta testing with accepting a non disclosure agreement (thats where you promise to not leak stuff before it's released).

• Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    Why would anyone want a level increase anyway ? The only point in the leveling is having a dump for credits. That's literally the only thing it does.

I'm pretty sure CG wants one . They sell credits for crystals , which are often bough with real $$
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • UdalCuain
    5031 posts Member
    Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    Why would anyone want a level increase anyway ? The only point in the leveling is having a dump for credits. That's literally the only thing it does.

To get characters to level 100, so we can equip world wrecking gear 13 pieces, requiring 500 salvage only available in the heroic STR at a rate of one piece per raid.
  • TVF
    36643 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    jbaskinusn wrote: »
    Why need expose, even a little? It's hard enough to land an expose in p4 as it is (I think my res landed 3 or 4 total?)

This isn't about zFinn Res, this is about JTR Res. His team's exposes are resisted, her team's exposes are not.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    600 posts across two threads is a challenge, but I'll continue on :)

Updated the FAQ, as I think it was a missed detail.

RESTATED FROM ABOVE:
    Recognizing this change has an impact on overall balance, we will be lowering the health of the Sith Triumvirate Raid slightly as well to bring it more inline with our intended design.
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    The sith raid is hard enough as it is why make it even harder, at this rate someone might get Traya next year or in two years, and why the nerf right now which includes pit and AAT, why now after a long time, is this the only thing in CGs to do list? Spend all time and resources in finding new ways to make the raids more difficult with the gear rewards being the same i could earn from a days farming in daily challenge? Right who is crazy or stupid enough to spend a month or longer depending on guild strength in finishing tier 6 sith raid only to get one carbanti or worse, if you want the raid to be played then the reward better be worth more than it currently is for tiers under heroic and if the raid will be a greater struggle.

I doubt people will announce more new strategies from now on forums just to avoid the developers from nerfing existing characters just so they can create Jar Jar Binks with the abilities to defeat the sith raid with ease, yeah i can see it now, blue ball them to death, why not make a faction out of it as well, think of all that money that will fill the wallets.

Vultures
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs I almost feel bad for you. It's like you drew the short straw and forced to walk this mine field of backlash. And your coworkers just sit there, watching you take shot after shot to the face.

I get it, STHan loop. But to null unique in p3 and p4 for the other characters is a bit much. It's not like Zavage is putting up 2 mil and Zylo Ren another 2 mil. Removing the buffs they, and others, gain is a bit much.

I read back around pages 8 - 10 about beta testing. CG could use their awesome RNG algorithm to randomly select players for live beta testing with accepting a non disclosure agreement (thats where you promise to not leak stuff before it's released).

They already had the opportunity when they had the game changers out, on site to see new changes and additions to the game. Pretty sure they signed NDA's but were only allowed access to gameplay footage of the raid, not actual testing like they were allowed on Sion and Visas. Raid launched a week after they were there too so you can't tell me it wasn't in a testable mode. If it wasn't then they pushed release out way too fast which is seeming more the case every day.
  • CamaroAMF
    1285 posts Member
    Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »

RESTATED FROM ABOVE:
    Recognizing this change has an impact on overall balance, we will be lowering the health of the Sith Triumvirate Raid slightly as well to bring it more inline with our intended design.

Excellent idea. Double nerfing the expose damage will excite the player base.
  • Options
    Simple fix: change the amount of attempts allowed per tier per day.

T1: 5 attempts/day - standard
    T2: +1 attempt/day
    T3: +2 attempts/day
    T4: +3 attempts/day
    T5: +4 attempts/day
    T6: +5 attempts/day
    T7: Unlimited attempts

That should satisfy most people, and you can even include parameters that in order to get a bonus attack you have to score 1 million in a single round(up to 5 times in T6) in order to obtain the bonus attacks. I think that's fair.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    CamaroAMF wrote: »

RESTATED FROM ABOVE:

lowering the health is actually relatively buffing regular damage compared to expose damage. Percentage wise exposes would have done the exact same amount of damage, but regular damage would have been more percentage wise. Your score would have been lower, but you would have cleared more percentages. Doing less damage isn't necesarrily a bad thing, certainly not if it's due to a lower amount of health on the raid.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Pervysage wrote: »

They already had the opportunity when they had the game changers out, on site to see new changes and additions to the game. Pretty sure they signed NDA's but were only allowed access to gameplay footage of the raid, not actual testing like they were allowed on Sion and Visas. Raid launched a week after they were there too so you can't tell me it wasn't in a testable mode. If it wasn't then they pushed release out way too fast which is seeming more the case every day.

True, but the game changers don't think of everything -- they weren't the ones to find the STHan loop. Having a larger beta pool would allow for that.
    TVF wrote: »

This isn't about zFinn Res, this is about JTR Res. His team's exposes are resisted, her team's exposes are not.

Fair point. I don't have her, and probably won't because I'm not up for farming the vets. But thanks for the clarification.
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Options
    In all honesty,
    I like this game an der defended quite a few things for a while, but the more neutral and rationally I think about it -going past fandom- I reject more and more things...

Let me summarize my impressions of the current game state:

False advertising (you have splash art that does not depict available characters/ships without any notice of their non-availability) - that is at least to my knowledge and understanding „deceptive false advertising“. You advertise with things your game does not deliver and there is no indication when it is to come or if it ever comes... (and yeah, I know we had many splash arts llike that)

Then so far, from what I can tell, your business model was a standard mobile gaming rpg/farm/collect style.
    New characters, events etc ever so often to have a power creep that keeps players hooked while -over many months!- some characters vanish into the non-viable category naturally, until they get updated.

-> that‘s what happens in pretty every game like that, naturally. But with this new change to raids it feels like being ripped off as the characters are not „maturing“ naturally, but it is forced upon players and even if it is a change of 1%, I and many players PAID for a FULLY FUNCTIONAL product, not the next generation DLC... (can we buy mods soon, that negate these changes? I wouldn’t wonder anymore....)

Now we had the issue with Marauder not even nearly dealing damage in the way it was depicted. People assumed that some parts of his ability bugged and are not WAI... is it fixed? I don‘t know, I didn’t buy shards because of that....

Now we have Visas Marr and Sion. While I still believe both are viable, I fear they might not WAI.... I don‘t know, I won‘t buy shards...

The Sithraid was released and apparently it was a rush-job with BY FACT too few playtesting (otherwise playtester would have tried every character in every phase... or even run simulations to get the numbers... and see that certain characters had strange interactions...)

So, picking up the „maturing“ game that naturally outdates characters naturally over time, it seems like the new business strategy is:

1. stifle everything that worked too well (because of bad playtesting)
    2. release must-haves (they are certainly coming and will have abilities to beat Sithraids)
    3. Profit (earn money because whales, krakens and dolphins buy your product)

TL:DR:
    I wasn‘t a massive spender in this game, but I am losing trust in your product... everything I buy might be bugged, WAI or gets nerfed... I simply cannot be sure, whether or not an investment (not only money but also time of my life) will be worth it.

Personal note (in consensus with ALL guild members):
    I focused on JTR... it is a fine toon and was bringing results... I speculated as much ever since we knew she‘s coming and even spend a couple of € to get her... others in my guild spend WAY more than me to get her BECAUSE she was exceptionally good in raids and in general...

So quite a few people of our guild are saying they will leave as the game goes no where.. you make some progress after months of farming, gearing etc and without ANY indication she and some others get nerfed... back to square one... that‘s frustrating, nothing else...
    If they can exploit loopholes, perfectly fine to close that hole... see ST Han...
    If you have to nerf something in a specific area although it was already widely available and totally NOT unsuspected, that‘s your fault, bad design and is unnecessarily restricting players...

BUT and this is the absolute main issue for me which was too much and why I lost trust:

YOU BASICALLY THREATEN YOUR CUSTOMERS that you will take actions against them because they used what YOU have given them! They did not cheat, they did not use third party tools or similar things. They used YOUR product in a way YOU didn’t want them to AFTER RELEASING IT and you want to punish them for it...

(That‘s like gifting a pickaxe and some land to a person, telling him to be creative with it and he finds gold, because YOU didn‘t check what you have given to him. Now you want to sue him for trespassing..")

If I find out that a single person gets banned or other hard penalties, I will drop this game faster than a ball of lava... and I can talk for one 50 member guild that gets more and more wary about this game...

P.s.:
    I have seen it in quite a few games... what happens when the whales, krakens and dolphins have no one else to be „better, stronger, etc“.... if the ground level of players breaks in, the whole game crumples to dust with a small hardcore minority playing till the end...
    But well, I have the feeling that history is bound to repeat itself...

You will have to work hard to earn my trust again...
  • Options
    Well, I've got my popcorn.

I'm putting my money on more politically correct customer service platitudes; no transparency; no brainstorming with the community (which seems to come up with solutions that would work better than whatever harebrained idea CG's cooked up) or crowdsourcing problems/solutions; no acknowleding the issue(s) at hand (speaking of, my guild would like recompense for being locked out for hours yesterday, which hurt our ability to set squads for defense in TW); no "we hear you and are working on it" about game issues not exactly related to the Sith Raid or Expose nerf; or acknowleding that we're right (but they're sooo sorry we feel this way).

Anyone have any other wagers they'd like to put in?
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    Options

I am pretty sure that game changers have no influence on any decision by devs for changes that are going to be made. That name game changer is highly misleading. It should be free advertisers.

And CG doesn‘t want to make a good game, they want to make a profitable game. They belong to EA, so we all know what „We are listening to the players“ really mean.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Options
    Hi, I never post here usually.
    But as a player who paid to get JTR I'm disappointed of the current statement of CG toward her.
    Guys, you have make me pay to get her. Then she is the only characters who is doing correct damage to the raid, and now you wanna nerf her expose ?
    Well in that case, I wouldn't put a dollar in the game for the simple reason you can't nerf a pay to win characters even for a PVE event. I wish you change your mind soon...
  • Options
    Nurgle wrote: »

I am pretty sure that game changers have no influence on any decision by devs for changes that are going to be made. That name game changer is highly misleading. It should be free advertisers.

And CG doesn‘t want to make a good game, they want to make a profitable game. They belong to EA, so we all know what „We are listening to the players“ really mean.

I agree they don't really have influence on affecting change. I just wanted to point out that CG had the opportunity right in front of them to allow some outside perspectives to look at and test the new raid before launch. Clearly they didn't do enough testing on their own and they squandered an opportunity for outside help that posed no risk to content leaks (due to NDAs). These opportunities that were missed may have caught the ST Han loop and it could have been fixed before launch along with other potential issues. It is all a bunch of what if at this point, but I think it just points to the lack of preparedness for launch by CG and they are reaping the rewards of that in the form of a **** off community.
  • AdlerCl
    47 posts Member
    Options

RESTATED FROM ABOVE:

@CG_RyDiggs Isn't the amount of comments (mostly negative and mostly questions that have gone unanswered) proof that your approach isn't having the desired effect?

Feigning ignorance to the challenge gear problem, maintaining that the expose nerf (it is indeed a nerf) isn't ruining younger guilds chances at finishing HAAT and generally repeating yourself with nothing new or of value being conveyed to your customers hasn't proven a wise choice so far. Why should that change now? Are we supposed to accept your non-answers now that you've had some sleep?

I see people trying to make things work in my guild, but it would appear that we haven't spent enough to warrant being treated with common courtesy. I'm not trying to be rude, but I think the community is feeling nothing from CG other than contempt. Contempt in that you don't hold us in high regard, only our money. That's not a business model that screams long-term survivability.
  • DarthTaral
    362 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    LukeDukem8 wrote: »
    This shouldnt be thst hard. Listen to your player base for once.

Hard to hear or listen when you're deaf. Or as my wife likes to say have a severe case of selective hearing
  • Shanara68
    107 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

RESTATED FROM ABOVE:

Excellent idea. Double nerfing the expose damage will excite
  • Options

RESTATED FROM ABOVE:

Well those 600 posts should tell you something.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    fascizio wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Oh - and that's an entirely different issue (but equally problematic). They could have used a scalpel to fix the STHan issue - and even brought JTRey into balance so as to allow some raid team diversity. But have instead decided to go nuclear by not only making changes that effect the one or two characters whose damage is a little high (or in STHan's case, ridiculously so) but also making sweeping changes to dozens of characters that will even change (to a lesser extent) other raids. Horrible decision.

Great post top to bottom, but i have to interject on the idea that JTR needed to be brought "into balance" at all. She's not doing crazy damage. The problem is that CG has gone so overboard trying to prevent any and all unforeseen interactions (and still failed) that they've completely negated most of what makes many toons useful.

Bosses gaining immunity to certain effects I can understand (like stun, you shouldn't be able to stun lock a boss), but when they're for all practical purposes nearly immune to all effects that's simply bad design, and that's why we're in the boat we're in. Sith don't work, thermals don't work, basics, assists, and counters don't work (in p1 anyway). So what are we left with? Unresistable effects and speed, so of course Rey is gonna be top dog.

But just because she does what she's supposed to do while the other characters have been "mechanic'd" into oblivion doesn't mean that she's the problem. She'll never solo a phase - or even do 10%+ damage of a phase - she just looks like the be all end all because no one else can actually use their kit. McMole does a great job explaining this in his newest video.

All that to say, Rey isn't the problem. Shoot, none of our characters are the problem. The problem is the raid.

I agree with some of your point. And I also agree that making raid bosses virtually immune to all effects is not only bad design. It's also incredibly lazy design. It's basically saying "We don't want to take the time to make the raid difficult while still allowing teams to work synergistically, so we'll make sure they simply don't work at all". Ironically, they are actually forcing the opposite of what they give lip-service too - that is, they are forcing everyone to use one team and one tactic - the only that they have "allowed" by virtue of nerfing everything else.

This doesn't encourage player creativity. It forces mundane cookie-cutter strategy, because the only strategy that works is the one they have forced upon the players. And for those that didn't/can't/won't pony up the cash to have that team, they're just trying to take down a brock wall with a plastic spoon. .5% at a time. That's fun.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options

RESTATED FROM ABOVE:

@CG_RyDiggs can you give an estimate of how much you'll be lowering? A range at this point would be very much sufficient.

Also, when the patch goes live to make these adjustments can we also expect concurrent bug fixes that are currently in the raid?
  • Cossin
    301 posts Member
    Options
    Shanara68 wrote: »

RESTATED FROM ABOVE:

Well those 600 posts should tell you something.

Could be a case of ADHD? Attention at any price?
    Some of my pupils have that XD
  • Options
    @Formerly_Randy looks like they took your advice

Sadly it's what I expected them to do. Nerfing what StHan is doing makes sense. Everything else? Not so much.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs Can you please confirm for us that you do understand the the player-bases complaints about Gear obtained from the Challenges that we have 1000's of?
    Because, after all the non-committal answers and sidesteps it kind of seems like you have no idea what we're discussing.
    (SEVERAL people have already asked this - btw - I'm just attempting to be concise here.)
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    I have a stupid question....in stead of changing tons of things because of big damage, would not be easier if they increase the bosses health adjusting it to the current amount of damage expose does? Increase the Siths health instead of changing so many other things and then decrease health because of that change, so unlogical...I guess Han could be considered their fault for not realizing what he does but i think people will accept his change, especially they are not changing HIS ability but the way the boss reacts to it>
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Everyone calm down! They did this for you! With your best interest in mind lol
  • Options
    ABNRAS wrote: »
    Everyone calm down! They did this for you! With your best interest in mind lol

But sarcasm is my coping mechanism!
  • Options

RESTATED FROM ABOVE:

Please. Ask the design team to rethink it. Apart from Sion all kits are broken. I get that the design was to be hard, but if there is no strategy we can use apart from hit&run that is obviously a fail in the system.
    I get that expose and TM loop should not be the strategy for an end game content like this, but seriously, These are the only one we have (which also indicates how bad the initiall design is)
    And dont expect us to buy those characters who were "ment to be mvps in sith raid"
    We all know that Visas Marr is no MVP, and the advertisement was not True and was incorrect.

Do you want me to write an analysis about why is Nihilus and Traya broken?
    Would you read it?
    Would you send it to the design team?

I usually complain only about real, relevant things, things which I feel stinky, which I feel incorrect. This situation is exactly that.

Stormtrooper Han is the new Rebel Solider.
  • Options
    600 posts, many hours to deliberate on what you'd say, and that's the response?

Wow.
This discussion has been closed.