Game Content Philosophy [MEGA]

Replies

• Oorun
    40 posts Member
    Options
    if i was living in US. i would directly sue them... It doesn't matter what they say about this being beta etc i am paying for this game and i am sure there are some judges still protecting customer rights.
  • Options
    The sith raid is hard enough as it is why make it even harder, at this rate someone might get Traya next year or in two years, and why the nerf right now which includes pit and AAT, why now after a long time, is this the only thing in CGs to do list? Spend all time and resources in finding new ways to make the raids more difficult with the gear rewards being the same i could earn from a days farming in daily challenge? Right who is crazy or **** enough to spend a month or longer depending on guild strength in finishing tier 6 sith raid only to get one carbanti or worse, if you want the raid to be played then the reward better be worth more than it currently is for tiers under heroic and if the raid will be a greater struggle.

I doubt people will announce more new strategies from now on forums just to avoid the developers from nerfing existing characters just so they can create Jar Jar Binks with the abilities to defeat the sith raid with ease, yeah i can see it now, blue ball them to death, why not make a faction out of it as well, think of all that money that will fill the wallets.

Vultures

I absolutely understand your concern. Remember, we've done balance changes in Rancor, AAT, and both TBs as well as some marquee events. Not to say it should make you change your feelings, but we do change things regularly to make sure they are hitting design goals.

Those content formats were all found to have various interesting strategies, even after they were changed. We're confident Sith Raid will be 'figured out' without the need for ST Han in an infinite loop.

Let's try the changes, see the results and work to improving together!

RT
    Development Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
  • Options
    Vampire_X wrote: »
    Sooooooo all content purchased, upgraded, grinded is now devalued while we purchase, upgrade, grind these new strategies?

Also, if there were better, more effective combinations and strategies WE WOULD BE USING THEM ALREADY. Sheesh.

Reduced Health is a relative buff to other comps, while reducing overall top damage for this one comp (and clearly effecting the effort into those only) it is buffing % damage and productivity for other teams in the same process, so its not an across the board devalue but expose change is not nothing as you pointed out , but is also not the only strategic way to win old content or for sith raid which is important to factor in

The emotions are a part of this but the damage math is important to factor into this dicussion moving forward as well.

What about the devalued resistance squads that many have paid for? You give us these toon at a certain level and then reduce that level. So in that fact nobody is getting what they've paid for. Its like going to the grocery and buying a gallon of milk, only to be stopped at the door and have them switch it to a bottle of water. This isn't fair, and I'm pretty sure you know it. I'm so tired of being ripped off. So what? Now we have to spend to get other viable squads, until of course they become to strong and have them stripped away. It's a never ending cycle of unfairness that you are telling us to just deal with. I'm very tired of having to "just deal with it". People are dropping off here like flys, one would think you would be concerned. But, by the non-responses to legitimate question, it's obvious you're not. About done, I guess we'll see in a week. I won't hold my breathe on anything good coming from this. All I see is millions of people having to start over.
  • Options
    CG_RyDiggs wrote: »
    Is it 10 am there yet?

It was back at my other post, but I did get pulled at 10:15 for a stand up alignment meeting. I had a lunch meeting today, which went well. I'm largely clear the rest of the day for this and the Raid thread.

However, I may be out of the office tomorrow. I'll update tonight.

Cheers!

Hi @CG_RyDiggs gotta be honest I get you got a tough assignment right now and you can't give the answers you want to probably give so it's a tough spot for you. But appreciate the responding and at least acknowledging us. One thing was just curious as most are upset on the expose for haat perhaps lowering the tenacity of that raid to allow more exposes to land to at least allow the length of fights to last longer to compensate for damage being lower. I know I rarely get to enrage on p2 with my resistance and do anywhere from 3.5-6mil dmg omnthat phase but about 20-30 restarts to do that due to rng on expose, just a thought. Keep up the info bud !
  • Options
    You guys ... you knew what kind of game this was. You had to know that something like this was inevitable in some way or another.

You invest in all the current meta characters, and they all eventually fall out of favor. Do you complain then, too?

I'm ( almost entirely ) free to play, and I'm always behind that curve. I'm always watching the field of play fall out from under me just as I finally set foot there, and that's great. It's stimulating. It's challenging. THAT'S THE POINT. You'd quit otherwise.

Stop wanting everything to be easy. Stop needing everything to be perfect. And just play.

Thanks for the great game, devs. Keep it up.
  • Options
    Is it 10 am there yet?

It was back at my other post, but I did get pulled at 10:15 for a stand up alignment meeting. I had a lunch meeting today, which went well. I'm largely clear the rest of the day for this and the Raid thread.

Cheers!

I would strongly urge you and your team to address these issues before taking any time off. You have a lot of unhappy customers...

See my previous post.
  • Javin37
    367 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs

Why not just make Rose the new teebo and never farmable?

C'mon...we know you guys over there are dying to do this.

Oh..and please nerf Traya around labor day.

Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    You guys ... you knew what kind of game this was. You had to know that something like this was inevitable in some way or another.

You invest in all the current meta characters, and they all eventually fall out of favor. Do you complain then, too?

I'm ( almost entirely ) free to play, and I'm always behind that curve. I'm always watching the field of play fall out from under me just as I finally set foot there, and that's great. It's stimulating. It's challenging. THAT'S THE POINT. You'd quit otherwise.

Stop wanting everything to be easy. Stop needing everything to be perfect. And just play.

Congratulations you are a free2play, here is your complementary f2p medal

People dont want things to be easy but they dont want things to be harder either, the devs are nerfing characters so they can earn money from people buying Sion and Visas packs.

Next thing you know the devs will start going "pride of accomplishment" on this game just like they did with Battlefront 2, and it will get the same treatment as battlefront 2 got as well.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs you keep referring to the StHan loop, in almost every post people have said they are fine with that fix. Why can you not respond to the questions about Expose? Why do you keep dodging the actual question? Please address the questions about reducing the damage of Expose. Why is it necessary when the teams doing the damage are not soloing a phase or even getting anywhere near 10%.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs: We'd rather not wait a week, see the changes, still dislike the changes, and be told "Sorry, we can't undo these changes."

I love thus game, but how hard is it to answer questions as they are asked? Not "minimally." Not "slightly." Would it really kill the raid (or the game as a whole since you made it Raid wide), to simply give us a number? Would gameplay be so skewered because we knew how much our damage was "adjusted?"
  • Options
    The sith raid is hard enough as it is why make it even harder, at this rate someone might get Traya next year or in two years, and why the nerf right now which includes pit and AAT, why now after a long time, is this the only thing in CGs to do list? Spend all time and resources in finding new ways to make the raids more difficult with the gear rewards being the same i could earn from a days farming in daily challenge? Right who is crazy or **** enough to spend a month or longer depending on guild strength in finishing tier 6 sith raid only to get one carbanti or worse, if you want the raid to be played then the reward better be worth more than it currently is for tiers under heroic and if the raid will be a greater struggle.

I doubt people will announce more new strategies from now on forums just to avoid the developers from nerfing existing characters just so they can create Jar Jar Binks with the abilities to defeat the sith raid with ease, yeah i can see it now, blue ball them to death, why not make a faction out of it as well, think of all that money that will fill the wallets.

Vultures

I absolutely understand your concern. Remember, we've done balance changes in Rancor, AAT, and both TBs as well as some marquee events. Not to say it should make you change your feelings, but we do change things regularly to make sure they are hitting design goals.

Those content formats were all found to have various interesting strategies, even after they were changed. We're confident Sith Raid will be 'figured out' without the need for ST Han in an infinite loop.

RT

I cannot believe the design team didnt see the potential of this kind of exploit.
    Bonuses granted on damage suffered is present in about the 1/4 of the 140 toon we already have. This is the most ancient mechanic in game.
    Fives
    STH
    Kylo
    B2
    Savage
    CW Chewie

And even new designs use it as well such as
    UKylo
    BB8

For the sake of heavens, tell me why STHan is the daily reward anyways??
  • Options

Vultures

RT

@CG_RyDiggs

There it is again, you bringing up STH. We are all in agreement and ok with you tweaking STH.

The issue is you changing expose that affects everywhere else. But when we ask specific questions, you bring up STH again

We ask why there wasn’t quality control of checking the latest legendary toon in the new raid with her faction. We get your answer of STH.

We ask about removing the useless gear from raids. Again, your reference back to STH.

We aren’t stupid. It appears you are still trying to deflect. Again, we are fine with the tweak to STH.
    Can you please address the useless gear and why the latest legendary toon with her actual faction was not tested in the latest raid. If it had been, you would have seen the effects of expose.
  • Options

Congratulations you are a free2play, here is your complementary f2p medal

People dont want things to be easy but they dont want things to be harder either, the devs are nerfing characters so they can earn money from people buying Sion and Visas packs.

Next thing you know the devs will start going "pride of accomplishment" on this game just like they did with Battlefront 2, and it will get the same treatment as battlefront 2 got as well.

Except Sion is getting a nerf in the raid too, so I have no idea what their strategy is here?
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs
    Nerf Han. But ONLY Han. No expose nerf, no Kylo nerf no other unnecesary nerfes. Just Han.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    You'll only need to wait a week.

Have you seen this place? People can't wait 1 hour lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs almost 80% who have posted on this thread maybe more by now agree that STH needs to be fixed BUT they dont agree with the expose being change. You aren't even asking whether the community would like this change or not and its quite obvious NO ONE wants this. I spent some money obtaining JTT and now she is getting nerfed thanks just to the expose being nerfed. Money well **** wasted fucj this game and **** this changes
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs The biggest issue here is trust.

For one, you never balanced Heroic Rancor, nor Heroic AAT. As for TB, you corrected for a clear bug in DS and maybe the additional rewards with special missions.

Then about JTR nerf: One hand, I am really annoyed that you are nerfing the single area of the game where she was useful. The reason you provide is even worse: she is the single best team for the raid, so we need to nerf her. It does not make any sense.

In the period of HAAT, it would have been similar to nerf Jedi because they could deal 10% in P1, droids because they could do 10% in P2, Chirpaltine for their 8% in P3 and Rebels for their 8% P4.

At the time, these teams where considered as the teams to farm. With the new raid mechanics, basically, punishing debuff, buff, assists, counter attacks, there was a single team they could achieve the similar results as the 7%/8% for the heroic sith raid.

AND YOU JUST KILL OUR LAST HOPE.

So th and a lot. (Moreover the TW matchmaking creating completely uneven battles (30M GP difference really?) is creating a lot of tension).

My solutions:
    - Nerf JTR, but let her do the 7%-10% in Heroic raid.
    - Allow others team to reach this threshold, it does not make sense that all my G12 Rebels does lead damage than G10 NS.
    - correct the TW matchmaker ASAP, so that Guild have at most 1M GP différence.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options

It has nothing to do with it being easy. If you can't see that in 600 odd posts then I'm not going to bother going into detail.

Another thing that irks me is the constant "wait and see how it plays out" approach.

No. Just no.

If it were a new toon then sure, but sometimes you don't need to wait and see when something is obviously a bad idea.

I can't imagine too many investors saying "horrible idea, achieves nothing, no chance it works, but the only way to be sure is to give it a go and see what happens so here's a mil to get you started". Well, at least not successful ones.

I don't need to see the changes in action because nothing about those changes will make the Sith Raid any fun.
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs Don't you think it's ridiculous that so few guilds can get through heroic as it is now? I'm in the 37th ranked guild (GP rank), we have 150M GP and we can't do it? It's absurd! That leaves literally THOUSANDS of guilds out. Not only are they out, they are months and years away. Even a pretty solid guild over 100M find themselves SEVERAL months out, maybe even a year. The solution is not to nerf RJT and her team, but to make MORE toons viable for this raid. Because as I see it and as we stand right now anyway, she's pretty much the only truly viable toon for this latest raid. Stop killing player creativity! Do we like a challenge? Sure! But you know what we like even more? WINNING AND SUCCEEDING! Having a vast roster and keep chipping away health little by little is NOT a strategy and IT'S NOT FUN! What you need to nerf is the raid itself, not our toons...
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    AKsithlord wrote: »
    @CG_RyDiggs almost 80% who have posted on this thread maybe more by now agree that STH needs to be fixed BUT they dont agree with the expose being change. You aren't even asking whether the community would like this change or not and its quite obvious NO ONE wants this. I spent some money obtaining JTT and now she is getting nerfed thanks just to the expose being nerfed. Money well **** wasted fucj this game and **** this changes

First, there are some here that are just fine with the decision to address Rey's OP kit.

Second, this isn't a "majority rule" situation, is it? I mean... it's their game. They'll do things how they see fit to do them.

Sounds like a flawless business model.
  • Options
    AnnerDoon wrote: »
    AKsithlord wrote: »

First, there are some here that are just fine with the decision to address Rey's OP kit.

Second, this isn't a "majority rule" situation, is it? I mean... it's their game. They'll do things how they see fit to do them.

Is it we or they who pays actual money for getting shiny things in game?
    A reason less to buy JTR. I was really on the verge of doing that. I didnt se her that useful when she was released, I still doubt she worth the money and the effort. Eventually I will have her like I do have GM Yoda. No reason to rush it.
  • ziglet
    69 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_RyDiggs Ok, what I don't understand, CG spends a lot of times creating the kits of these characters. The players learn how to use this kits to see what works and what doesn't. Why do you change the kits for specific events? Why not keep the kits as the developers have designed them to be?? If you want a boss to be able to handle something specific then put that in their kit. But to have a character that has two completely different kits with one not listed. Yes any changes to a kit makes it different. I don't understand...

giphy.gif
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    swgohfan29 wrote: »
    Can we back up the truck a bit? STHan is the log in character of the month. Decided by CG. Are we really supposed to believe that in all this "pre-release testing" you forgot to test the character you chose to be the log in character on the same day the raid dropped?

I'm sorry - I love this game, but that is either incredibly inept or incredibly disingenuous. But either way it is EXTREMELY disturbing and disappointing.

"I move for a vote of no confidence." - Padme Amidala

I m actually not sure why people are **** off about STHan being both daily login and being part of the exploit. Are you saying that every month they regulary test the login on different parts of the game?
    @Nikoms565

First, please don't strawman me. I never said I was **** off. I said disturbed and disappointed.
    Second, the log in character has almost always been connected to the important content being released that month. Whether last month's Sass with the Sith releases, Luke/Rey during the month of their first journey launch. That's part of the reason people want to know who the log in character is in advance - it often provides a clue as to what's upcoming, because CG's choice of log in character is never random.

Which simply forces one to come to one of a few conclusions - none of which paint the developers in a particularly flattering light.
    what are these conclusions?

Alright, I am going to presume that you are genuinely asking and not just pulling a "tag and troll".

As I mentioned (and I think most would agree) the log-in character is chosen by CG to go along with the content released that month. One only has to look back at the past few months - Talia in October with all the NS releases, the two FO characters with the release of the new FO content and KRU events, Scav Rey in December with the Rey heroe's Journey, etc.

So we come to STHan and the major content is the Sith Raid. Since TM manipulation of the Raid bosses is extremely difficult, it was fairly clear that the only way for most to do strong damage was through TM manipulation of your own team. Rex and STHan are the obvious preferences. STHan even more so with the "healer" buff for this specific raid.

As it seems clear that STHan is suited well for the Sith Raid (and experience shows, a little too well) one can (should?) presume that he was the log in character for that specific reason - i.e. to help do well in the raid.

Which leads to one of two possible conclusions (which are the two I alluded to in my original post that you quoted and tagged):

1) That STHan was indeed tested for his raid functionality - but tested very poorly and not nearly thoroughly enough. This is the "extremely inept" conclusion from my original post.

2) That STHan was tested and they new full well he was ridiculously well suited to create the issues he did - as witnessed by numerous guilds and players quickly realizing his functionality in, not one, but two phases (3 & 4 when facing Traya alone in either). This is the "disingenuous" part of the original post. If you presume this conclusion, then you assume they let it happen for a week+ - let people pour resources into STHan, buy packs, gear him up, put Zetas on Ventress to work in combo with him, etc. THEN announced the change and plans to nerf him - and several other characters.

Now, there is a 3rd possibility as well, which is tied to the 2nd (they already knew) - that they knew STHan was OP, but hoped the players wouldn't figure it out, or that they would put out anyway knowing they would have to fix it later. But again, this wreaks of ineptitude and laziness as well.

TL;DR - either they knew and released him anyway (disingenuous) or they didn't even know, despite the fact that they released him in conjunction with the raid (ineptitude).

And this feels eerily similar to mod-gate - a few frantic days of spending then the nerf hammer.

Oh - and that's an entirely different issue (but equally problematic). They could have used a scalpel to fix the STHan issue - and even brought JTRey into balance so as to allow some raid team diversity. But have instead decided to go nuclear by not only making changes that effect the one or two characters whose damage is a little high (or in STHan's case, ridiculously so) but also making sweeping changes to dozens of characters that will even change (to a lesser extent) other raids. Horrible decision.

I want you to know your feedback is noted. Of course I can't comment on much of it, but I do appreciate your being concise and not hyperbolic.

We spend a great deal of time and effort to meet player expectations, and will absolutely continue to work our hardest to do so.

We're not happy that we missed these ones, but the changes are necessary for current and long term design goals.

Thank you for your support, and know we're working to continue focusing on meeting and exceeding your expectations.

RT
  • Options
    Wasn't it RyDiggs that posted the credit heist raid date that got redacted? I guess he learned his lesson that CG doesn't like to give us information about the game we play :/
    Why can't we know the raid health pool change? Or the expose raid % change? Why can't the challenege gear (besides carbantis) be removed from raids? Why are carbantis awarded in tier 5 but not tier 6? Why are they changing expose in the old raids? Is there a new character with expose in the works that would create a problem? Is there a level increase coming? Etc
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Entus wrote: »
    Why is the expose mechanic being nerfed? Lets see, nerf sthan, whom no one uses, of everyones favorite mechanic. Lets see...everyones favorite mechanic will do.

Basically you need to be close to 200mil gp to ever beat this raid on heroic, unless you lower the incredibly ridiculous health pools.

This is a silly and unnecessary change. I can think of three ways right now to fix this mechanic without nerfing or changing any mechanic but the raid bosses.

My opinion/assumption as to why, is they wanted us to fail even with the best rosters so that we would be excited when level 100 and tier 7 mods come out. Without needing them for the raid, everyone would be annoyed at the level increase.

FierceRevan,

Interesting speculation, but it was not our reasoning. Expose was not intended to be the Raid Boss answer for all current and future content, thus we're future proofing Raids by bringing it into intended scope.

As we were fixing ST Han, we decided to bring Expose into design alignment as well.

I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear, but I'm hoping a bit of insight helps.

Still, know we very much appreciate your taking time providing feedback and support!

RT
  • Options
    obidrew wrote: »
    Is it 10 am there yet?

Cheers!

I would strongly urge you and your team to address these issues before taking any time off. You have a lot of unhappy customers...

See my previous post.

Understood, we're here and reading and understanding this is not popular and players are frustrated. However, we did want to post the change information with enough time for players to talk, vent and express their feelings prior to the changes.

As we draw closer to the update, I hope to provide more information.

We can't change your feelings on this decision to future proof raid bosses from the Expose mechanic, but we can let you know you're being heard, we understand, and we will continue the update, review, revise, update process.

Our players are a HUGE part of the process, and it pains us to disappoint, but it is a necessary change that needed to happen. We decided this should be the time.

RT
  • Vettes4Fetts2
    523 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Wait and see. That implies trust.
    Entus wrote: »
    Why is the expose mechanic being nerfed? Lets see, nerf sthan, whom no one uses, of everyones favorite mechanic. Lets see...everyones favorite mechanic will do.

Basically you need to be close to 200mil gp to ever beat this raid on heroic, unless you lower the incredibly ridiculous health pools.

This is a silly and unnecessary change. I can think of three ways right now to fix this mechanic without nerfing or changing any mechanic but the raid bosses.

My opinion/assumption as to why, is they wanted us to fail even with the best rosters so that we would be excited when level 100 and tier 7 mods come out. Without needing them for the raid, everyone would be annoyed at the level increase.

FierceRevan,

Interesting speculation, but it was not our reasoning. Expose was not intended to be the Raid Boss answer for all current and future content, thus we're future proofing Raids by bringing it into intended scope.

As we were fixing ST Han, we decided to bring Expose into design alignment as well.

I'm sure this isn't what you want to hear, but I'm hoping a bit of insight helps.

Still, know we very much appreciate your taking time providing feedback and support!

RT

When you eliminate buffs, debuffs, TM reduction, TM gain, assists, expose, deathark even basics (!), what did you leave us?

Pounding against a wall for a week?
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options
    Is it 10 am there yet?

Cheers!

See my previous post.

Understood, we're here and reading and understanding this is not popular and players are frustrated. However, we did want to post the change information with enough time for players to talk, vent and express their feelings prior to the changes.

We can't change your feelings on this decision to future proof raid bosses from the Expose mechanic, but we can let you know you're being heard, we understand, and we will continue the update, review, revise, update process.

Our players are a HUGE part of the process, and it pains us to disappoint, but it is a necessary change that needed to happen. We decided this should be the time.

RT

Why do you want to nerf JTR? There were team at start of HAAT that were also doing 10% per phase, and you never decided to nerf them.

Worse, once you released ZFinn, 3 months after HAAT introduction, you had a team doing 45% of one phase (and this before the expose debug).

It does not make any senses that all our teams are not doing any damage to the raid.
  • Options
    @CG_RyDiggs

The stacking tenacity mechanic is dumb and limits viability of a ton teems, remove that and leave the bosses immune to tenacity down and if y'all want make their TM immune to player influences. This seems like an easy fix that creates more space for players to make a variety of teams.

Also raids should never reward challenge gear, if this means mk III carbantis are farm and challenge only so be it, more than worth never seeing a piece of challenge gear I have 4k as my raid reward.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    Is it 10 am there yet?

Cheers!

See my previous post.

RT

The problem is that these changes still do nothing to make the raid fun.

It's a boring grind fest even at lower tiers (horribly out of alignment with the claimed requirement) and these changes will do nothing to alleviate that.

You guys can defend these changes all you want. It's clear that over 1000 posts in a 24 hour period, mostly negative, will do nothing to sway you guys. However, as long as people are forced to spend 4-5 days completing a low tier raid for average rewards that aren't worth the time put in you will continue to see thread after thread and post after post of dislike for this raid.
This discussion has been closed.