[Feedback] JTR back w/ BB8 [MERGE]

Replies

• Options
    kello_511 wrote: »
    I’m honestly curious about why you would assume you would get a long heads up? History certainly hasn’t supported that.
    Since the day after the first event finished, most of us could have told you EXACTLY how this would play out.

Most of us who've played long enough to have learned this already have the character or are ready. The players I feel bad for are the newer players who don't have enough experience to not take a supposedly official monthly calendar at face value.
  • 3PO
    32 posts Member
    Options
    Why not Thrawn, JTR?
    JTR seems more common next month, is not it?
    Yes ... I am just upset.
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    All of these replies are proving the exact point I was trying to make.. People are annoyed about the Sith Raid. Now people are more annoyed because of JTR being dropped. It's sweeping the problem under the mat while giving people something else to moan about.
  • Options
    When luke came back the second time we had a heads up. Remember the "whos in command here anyway" on the road ahead. Nothing for JTR at all, just hey by the way rey is back in 3 days.
  • Buccs13Life
    80 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    100% FTP. 100% ready. Used 100% of my Cantina energy, and a lot of my daily crystals. But I did it.
  • Options
    Just forget about her. You’ll feel better for it.
  • JKRevan
    156 posts Member
    Options
    Th3Ch40t1C wrote: »
    I see a lot of people struggling with FOST. Honestly farm Kylo Unmasked it's a lot easier and he is much better in the long run.
    And sou also get his ship as a bonus

Hah, i finished FOST before KRU was farmable... at least i got the Shuttle out of it.
  • Options
    I've been ready for her return since about two or three weeks after the first event ended, and I wouldn't even know she was coming back if not for all these threads complaining about the short notice... It's short notice that totally flew under the radar as I frequent these forums pretty regularly. Anyway, thanks for complaining!
  • Options
    As was mentioned earlier, the problem is springing this into the mid march events calendar when it was not on it originally. And only giving three days notice. I've been working on JTR since the first event and I still have Han Solo to seven star. A little notice and I would have put a little more work into than trying to be conservative. The drop rates for the vets are horrible and uses up 16 cantina energy. Just probably hoping everyone will spend a ton of money to buy shards. If you are going to spring this event this soon with little notice then at least bring it back again in a couple of months
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    100% FTP. 100% ready. Used 100% of my Cantina energy, and a lot of my daily crystals. But I did it.

Correct me if I’m wrong...

But it sounds like you are saying that an event came out for a major character and it requires toons that you didn’t have ready. So once the event was over, you continued preparing for it, knowing that it would eventually return and that you’d be ready for it then. Is that correct?

If so...what manner of sorcery is this?
  • Options
    I could care less about BB8 and JTR. Like most FTP or mostly FTP players. We don't have the requirements for these characters. Characters like Thrawn and R2 need to return!

You can literally farm everything needed for free...I know I did.

• Options
    Jedi_Bane wrote: »
    When luke came back the second time we had a heads up. Remember the "whos in command here anyway" on the road ahead. Nothing for JTR at all, just hey by the way rey is back in 3 days.

I think they brought her back early as a "kind gesture" since they are nerfing her in the raid, and people are complaining about her being the only viable toon in the raid. But I think it will backfire, like most of their plans. Except their money making plan which seems to be nearly flawless
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    They nerfed jtr?
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    This just tells me shes gonna get hit hard with a nerf and the general concensus will be everyone has her now for STR,if this toon gets made out to be worthless,itll be a big waste of money and time for the peeps that got her 1st time around.At this point,do you trust them that Rey is actually worth the heroic tag and will panic farm with the 50% expose nerf?
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Been ready for BB8 for a while now but I had expected another month for Rey based off of the CLS release and return. Still need over 200 shards for the vets combined. This is just a pain.
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Jedi_Bane wrote: »

I think they brought her back early as a "kind gesture" since they are nerfing her in the raid, and people are complaining about her being the only viable toon in the raid. But I think it will backfire, like most of their plans. Except their money making plan which seems to be nearly flawless

You think?? There will be 2 types of players. The ones who prepped from the end of the last HJ and will be ready and the ones who are not. Theres no way CG will spring a pack that will entice people to buy at 3 days notice.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    great planing thanks and again people will be removed from there guilds for not having JTR because of your Sith raid.
  • Options

Congrats! It takes a lot of work.
  • Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »
    I could care less about BB8 and JTR. Like most FTP or mostly FTP players. We don't have the requirements for these characters. Characters like Thrawn and R2 need to return!

If the shards actually drop :(
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    @JaggedJ drop rates are random. Some people can fame vets in two months, some it takes 6 months. I have been farming vets since they were announced as requirements the first time and still don't have 7 star. It's just the way Luck works in this game. 3 refreshes a day, and all cantina energy on vets except once a week farm mods. Still haven't been able to 7 star hem because of drop rate. So please don't say anyone who misses her 2nd time didn't start soon enough. I'm not willing to do more han 3 defenses a day or spend money on Vets ( who are awful) just to get a nerfed legendary.

In 6 days of doing 1-3 refreshes of cantina energy, with a couple 120s worth used for mod farming, I've gotten 43 shards for Vet Han. That works out to about 7 a day. (7 shards for 100-300 crystals a day?) That means I need another 27 days of getting that lucky, daily just for Han. Then I'd need another 34 days straight of farming only Vet Chewie, "if" I get that 7 shards a day spending 100-300 crystals on top of other energy built up.

I was expecting this to happen, as were many, in April. At the end of the day, this just doesn't look good because it is such short-freakin' notice. And in the next couple days they'll be dropping Vet Han and Chewie shard packs to help us "prepare" for JTR.....

Regardless of when it happens, they NEED to give us some notice on these hero's journey events, it just looks abhorrent when they give such short-notice.
  • Options
    Cstone812 wrote: »

Great point. Free for all and eventually none for all.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    I never even started the JTR farm and I'm disappointed for those who haven't managed to max the vets and co for it.

I think the general feeling is this event being thrown out is a tiny fix for the larger issue: the Sith raid.

Without JTR, most find it pleasing to the eye in my guild but a glorified smash fest. It's a game of chance, almost. Abilities on zeta'd toons seem pointless. We're now seeing participation drop as it's simply not enjoyable and we get better rewards in HAAT.

If JTR event is the short term 'solution' then actually informing us on the long term fix would be a good move.

Best I can do. I'm actually lost for words. Rare event.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Cal00054 wrote: »
    You’ve had 3 months to prepare.

It'll be 87 days since the event first came out, and while that is a decently long time gap CLS had a time gap of 140 days between events. Given that the requirements for JTR are much harder to farm it doesn't make sense for them to cut down on the time gap by almost 2 months.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    Buffbeardo wrote: »

I boo your post! The established business practice is 6 months.

What the heck does "established business practice" mean?
    First time Luke hero journey announced - May 2017.
    First time Luke was available - August 2017.
    Second time Luke was available - Dec. 2017.

Where in any of that is the 6-month established business practice, whatever the heck that is?
  • Options
    Why didn't any of you who aren't ready make sure you secured all the necessary characters the moment you knew what characters you needed? Be proactive not reactive
  • Options
    Is anyone else worried that the Journey's events are now tied to the droids? If R2-D2 comes back with CLS I'm worried I won't have time to get the team on par with gear, ability levels, and mods (nevermind what I'd need to do to get R2-D2 himself ready). Ugh.
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    This event is a scapegoat for a much larger problem; being the Sith raid.
    Post about nerving raid exposes (annoying a lot of people), but here ya go, a nerfed toon for you that you all want desperately but now can't have.
    Please forget about our little hash of a raid that needs fixing majorly.
  • Options
    Seriously I need someone to call the doctor, I think they might have brain damage to pull a timing stunt like this. Unreal.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Jxm82
    13 posts Member
    Options
    Buffbeardo wrote: »

I boo your post! The established business practice is 6 months.

What the heck does "established business practice" mean?
    First time Luke hero journey announced - May 2017.
    First time Luke was available - August 2017.
    Second time Luke was available - Dec. 2017.

Where in any of that is the 6-month established business practice, whatever the heck that is?

People said the same about EP, i guess math is hard.
  • Duce
    8 posts Member
    Options
    Not Happy! Been Farming my vets for awhile now. Should have them by the end of the month. But no announcements in the beginning of the month. I could have put more crystals in to have them in time. It’s always been 4 months between not 3? You messed up in November with Thrawn which I lucky was prepared for then you drop him again in December. Hope you do the same with JTR cause I’m not a happy camper today