[Feedback] JTR back w/ BB8 [MERGE]

Replies

• Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    Options
    I think the larger underlying problem that people are forgetting it’s not the fact that she has returning it is the lack of warning personally I am happy that she is coming back because many of my guild mates are ready for her meaning we will be able to perform better in the Sith raid . Sadly I will not be getting her
  • Options
    Why's everyone complaining about only 3 days to last minute farm the vets? I'm almost certain there'll be an above-reasonably priced pack containing shards for them being made available again... Just hand over your money and all will be fine!
  • Options
    Why didn't any of you who aren't ready make sure you secured all the necessary characters the moment you knew what characters you needed? Be proactive not reactive

Because I can't make shards drop. No matter how many times I sim their nodes ( 4+months) they just drop when they decide to, unfortunately . I guess I should have been buying their shards in the the crystal shipment shop? How dumb of me
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Autoformer wrote: »
    Drim wrote: »
    Thanks for not doing a BB8 event before JTR. This will get me removed from my guild. I’m ready for both but need the BB8 event to get him7* for the JTR event.... great planing thanks and again people will be removed from there guilds for not having JTR because of your Sith raid.

Forgetting the bit about guild removal, this is a really important point. Even if you are willing to pay for the shards, it leaves you 6 days to farm bb8's gear if you haven't stockpiled. That's really unreasonable, since he hasn't been back repeatedly like R2 was pre-CLS return
    Well good thing the BB8 event is available concurrently and you only need him G7-G8 for JTR
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    @JaggedJ drop rates are random. Some people can fame vets in two months, some it takes 6 months. I have been farming vets since they were announced as requirements the first time and still don't have 7 star. It's just the way Luck works in this game. 3 refreshes a day, and all cantina energy on vets except once a week farm mods. Still haven't been able to 7 star hem because of drop rate. So please don't say anyone who misses her 2nd time didn't start soon enough. I'm not willing to do more han 3 defenses a day or spend money on Vets ( who are awful) just to get a nerfed legendary.

I never said anything close to what you're describing. I simply relayed my own experiences using 2 refreshes (sometimes 3) per day.
  • Options
    Why didn't any of you who aren't ready make sure you secured all the necessary characters the moment you knew what characters you needed? Be proactive not reactive

Sure, along with the other 85 things we need to "be prepared" for in this game, farm for Raids, farm for DSTB, farm for LSTB, farm for EP, Thrawn, CLS, R2, Scoundrels, Bounty Hunters, etc etc etc.

• Options
    @JaggedJ
    Sorry, am tired , probably tagged wrong person
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Even though i had Jtrey the first time around after using crystals from arena etc and farming the vets when they came in the cantina, and buying the double vet pack for 33€, i can completly understand the rage everyone is feeling. Those saying you could have had the vets by now doesnt fly. Some of my guildmembers are farming them for a long time now but have terrible luck with droprates. CLS dropped mid august and then again in december which is 4 months as compared to Jtrey only 3 months. This event is now simply returning early as to distract from the expose nerf.
  • Ledinis
    193 posts Member
    Options

Because we found out only a couple of weeks ago that she is a requirement for end game, by getting a raid introduced where the mechanics of all other teams simply dont work. Frankly couldn't care less about her in arena or other aspects if she wasn't a requirement for the raid
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Options
    BBW8 wrote: »
    DJphenom wrote: »
    Guys, they use the same release cadence for every legendary character. I have been telling my guildmates that JTrey would be coming back in March since the first event ended. 3 months after first release is the normal cadence.
    CLS Hero's Journey was 6 months. Would have thought the same of this one.

CLS was end of August and then returned in end of December. Rey middle of December . HEADS UP CLS WILL RETURN END OF MARCH BE PREPARED PROBABLY MARCH 22. THE CADENCE IS NOT OFF IS RIGHT ON TIME.
  • Options
    I wish I had more sympathy, I farmed the vets like crazy with 2-3 refreshes a day to make it last time. The requirements have not been a mystery, you just did not make them a priority. I am in a guild of 104m GP, we have 9x JTRs. We will probably get 9 more next week because people decided to farm KRU, DT or someone else. Many don’t have a 7star fuzzy han yet too but will be enjoying a 7* ROLO later this month.
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    Even though i had Jtrey the first time around after using crystals from arena etc and farming the vets when they came in the cantina, and buying the double vet pack for 33€, i can completly understand the rage everyone is feeling. Those saying you could have had the vets by now doesnt fly. Some of my guildmembers are farming them for a long time now but have terrible luck with droprates. CLS dropped mid august and then again in december which is 4 months as compared to Jtrey only 3 months. This event is now simply returning early as to distract from the expose nerf.

Thankyou someone for seeing my point!!!!
  • Options
    All y'all complaining about "no time to prepare" "short notice" "I'm so kitten mad, cg are a bunch of kittens" need to STOP. it's exactly like when CLS came back the second time. Y'all knew that Rey would be back. Y'all had plenty of time.
    I missed BOTH CLS and RJT first time around and guess what, I prepped. And got CLS 2nd time, and now will be getting RJT. Plenty of time as a mostly f2p(~$20 monthly) to prepare.

On a side note, thank you CG!
  • Options
    Well good thing the BB8 event is available concurrently and you only need him G7-G8 for JTR

That means you still have less than a week, even if you get BB8 day 1. Given that most folks are, as a result of the early return, already going to be strapped for crystals while they finish up vets, it's not quite as easy as it might otherwise be. You're only going to get 3 ability challenges between now and then, too, so you will need an alternative source of mats, as well.
    Oh. I guess I live in an alternate reality where people stockpile some things for these surprises.
  • Options
    I feel like everyone is missing the point of this, they're dropping RJT simply to distract people from the fact that they dropped an incomplete and buggy raid. Thats literally all this is, and nerfing RJT and exposes in the sith raid pretty much means you shouldn't bother to spend $$$ on it now.
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    lovemat wrote: »
    DJphenom wrote: »
    Guys, they use the same release cadence for every legendary character. I have been telling my guildmates that JTrey would be coming back in March since the first event ended. 3 months after first release is the normal cadence.
    CLS Hero's Journey was 6 months. Would have thought the same of this one.

CLS was end of August and then returned in end of December. Rey middle of December . HEADS UP CLS WILL RETURN END OF MARCH BE PREPARED PROBABLY MARCH 22. THE CADENCE IS NOT OFF IS RIGHT ON TIME.

CLS - 140 days
    JTR - 87 Days
    Early.
  • Options
    Xerrath wrote: »
    I think the larger underlying problem that people are forgetting it’s not the fact that she has returning it is the lack of warning

Not sure how long you've been playing, but I've been with the game almost since Day 1. To prevent yourself from pulling your hair out, it's best to never assume EA/CG will give players a heads-up about anything. They care about raking in money. Telling us in advance about stuff cuts into their money.

They do not care about you or me or anyone else and whether we're content with their schedule. The complaints have been the same forever.

Nothing changes with this company.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    100% FTP. 100% ready. Used 100% of my Cantina energy, and a lot of my daily crystals. But I did it.

Their maequee events rewarded 65 shards only, so we need to farm 265 shards, 530 for two of them. The drop rate on 16 energy node is 35%, 530 shards in 90 days, that’s 5.89 shards per day, you will need 16.83 sims and 270 energy per day and everyday.

I don’t think you can do it unless you give up everything else.
  • Options
    Jackova95 wrote: »
    I feel like everyone is missing the point of this, they're dropping RJT simply to distract people from the fact that they dropped an incomplete and buggy raid. Thats literally all this is, and nerfing RJT and exposes in the sith raid pretty much means you shouldn't bother to spend $$$ on it now.
    No, they're dropping it because the playerbase knows it's the most viable squad in the new raid and they're hoping to leverage that into selling some FO packs for players who want to finish BB8, and in turn sell some Veteran Smuggler packs for JTR.

• BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    No, they're dropping it because the playerbase knows it's the most viable squad in the new raid and they're hoping to leverage that into selling some FO packs for players who want to finish BB8, and in turn sell some Veteran Smuggler packs for JTR.
    And to cover the fact that whether you get her or not, her viability, despite being the "best" toon for this raid has now halved with the expose nerf.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
  • Options
    And to cover the fact that whether you get her or not, her viability, despite being the "best" toon for this raid has now halved with the expose nerf.
    That's a touch over dramatic. All of the damage from her squad is not coming from expose.

• Options
    I know... I know, "you should of farmed them by now," but I didn't..... Please CG, give us another week or 2 before starting JTR event, or at least run BB-8 the week before JTR. Will the veteran pack be available or will double drops on veterans occur prior to JTR event? Honestly, I was banking on announcement of BB-8 combined with a 1 week time between the 2 events, not them running together... Kind of a shady tactic here....
  • Options

This line of thinking makes zero sense. So EA/CG is embarrassed from the raid fiasco, and to hide that embarrassment, they are offering JTR, which is what caused the raid fiasco.

?????
  • CptCheez
    77 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Destructo wrote: »
    I know... I know, "you should of farmed them by now,"

*should have
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options
    That's a touch over dramatic. All of the damage from her squad is not coming from expose.

Nerfed the expose by 50%? I run my JTR team based on exposes, thats how they're modded to perform in my eyes? CC on RES toons to get as much of a chance of landed an expose as possible.
  • Options
    Oh. I guess I live in an alternate reality where people stockpile some things for these surprises.

The folks who stockpile aren't the ones on the edge of being able to finally catch JTR the second time around.
    The Veterans and BB8 don't need much for this event at all, assuming you have a strong Finn and Scavenger Rey in your possession.
  • BBW8
    17 posts Member
    Options

This line of thinking makes zero sense. So EA/CG is embarrassed from the raid fiasco, and to hide that embarrassment, they are offering JTR, which is what caused the raid fiasco.

?????

So that some form of the raid can be completed if a large enough volume of their guild members farmed the vets.
  • Options

For a raid that was dropped too early and was untested.
  • Options

Nerfed the expose by 50%? I run my JTR team based on exposes, thats how they're modded to perform in my eyes? CC on RES toons to get as much of a chance of landed an expose as possible.

Any digression into hard math is going to kill the entertainment value of this discussion for me.