[Feedback] JTR back w/ BB8 [MERGE]

Replies

• kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    DarthGazza wrote: »
    twist wrote: »
    What a bunch of crybabies...of course EA will try to get your money. And if you are ftp do you really expect to be prepared for every event all the time? Ftp means choose your battles. If you really wanted rey, you would've been ready for her. But most of you didn't prioritize for rey. You used cantina energy for mods and other stuff. Just like I am ready for rey but won't be able to get thrawn or luke yet. As for the raid...it's suppossed to be an end game raid that challenges the strongest of the strongest. And people who have no business doing tier 4 complain about the raid being too strong at tier 6/heroic....

Theres some who have been farming but have gotten some bad rng. I have Han 7 star but still need 60 shards for chewy

I have been doing 2 refreshes a day(minimum)

Sounds like you are getting Rey!
    60 shards and you have what, 10 days before the event ENDS? That’s an average of 6 per day. No problem!
    And if you want to be really sure, you can either buy that third refresh for 100 OR save some crystals and buy the last remaining shards.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Am I wrong that you not only have to get BB8 but level and gear him all in 1 week to get JTR? I dont have a problem with the notice time, but most people will have to purchase stuff to level and gear BB8 that quickly. Should be a few weeks in between, IMHO. Not very friendly there.

I hear this too many times. Am I missing something. BB8 is used in JTR hero's journey on tier 1 and tier 2. which you fight against level 50 enemies on tier 1 and level 65 enemies on tier 2. On other tiers you use other toons. So level and gearing him up is not so important
  • FieldL
    96 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    For people defending this move, you have to bear in mind that someone had to make a coscious decision to not include this event in the calendar when it was first released. It's not like "stuff happens and deal with it", someone had to deliberately make it happen. What they achieved by this is effectively cutting off a lot of players from the only effective team for the new raid unless they whale out. Again, not by accident. This game used to be very ftp-friendly, now it is getting more and more coercive. As was stated here several times, to survive as a ftp means making smart decisions, but we just saw that we can't trust the information we are given and therefore have nothing to base our decisions on.

People have been telling others: finish farming the vets asap with refreshes. This has become the very basic farming strategy of this game. Yet, people somehow, still believe they will get a month-long notice before the second round (always people complaining about this, like they are new to this game). Like obiwan said, you believe what you want to believe.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    For people defending this move, you have to bear in mind that someone had to make a coscious decision to not include this event in the calendar when it was first released. It's not like "stuff happens and deal with it", someone had to deliberately make it happen. What they achieved by this is effectively cutting off a lot of players from the only effective team for the new raid unless they whale out. Again, not by accident. This game used to be very ftp-friendly, now it is getting more and more coercive. As was stated here several times, to survive as a ftp means making smart decisions, but we just saw that we can't trust the information we are given and therefore have nothing to base our decisions on.

Did you consider that this was not a scheduled event, and they are trying to push out the event to help players with the new raid.

The advocated "smart decision" from almost everyone is once an event ends if you didn't get the toon, is to keep farming and working on that situation until you are in a position to get it. People may or may not follow that advice but you can't always pass the buck and blame someone else.

Not a scheduled event? Well, if that's the case (and I doubt it), nothing keeps them from moving it back a while. It overlaps with an assault battle now, so there is no issue with that at any other time. Really, no matter how you look at it, it's designed to cut people off rather than help with the raid.
  • Options
    jjkriv wrote: »
    This just tells me shes gonna get hit hard with a nerf and the general concensus will be everyone has her now for STR,if this toon gets made out to be worthless,itll be a big waste of money and time for the peeps that got her 1st time around.At this point,do you trust them that Rey is actually worth the heroic tag and will panic farm with the 50% expose nerf?

This sounds about right, last money grab on jtr because they realized if they waited 4.5 months like with cls people wouldn't spend money once word gets out on how bad the nerf is.

In that regard I'm glad I finished off CHS and started working on DT for DSTB/fleet instead of bothering with vets. Far better toons investment than the vets.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    FieldL wrote: »

People have been telling others: finish farming the vets asap with refreshes. This has become the very basic farming strategy of this game. Yet, people somehow, still believe they will get a month-long notice before the second round (always people complaining about this, like they are new to this game). Like obiwan said, you believe what you want to believe.

Again. Recurring events usually show up in the calendar. For CLS, we got a "what's next" hint. Now, the calendar gets updated two days before the event. If you don't see something fishy here, well, the Obi-Wan quote really fits here...
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options

Did you consider that this was not a scheduled event, and they are trying to push out the event to help players with the new raid.

The advocated "smart decision" from almost everyone is once an event ends if you didn't get the toon, is to keep farming and working on that situation until you are in a position to get it. People may or may not follow that advice but you can't always pass the buck and blame someone else.

Not a scheduled event? Well, if that's the case (and I doubt it), nothing keeps them from moving it back a while. It overlaps with an assault battle now, so there is no issue with that at any other time. Really, no matter how you look at it, it's designed to cut people off rather than help with the raid.

Lots of people who didn’t get rey the first time (and wanted her) will get her now and she will help them with the raid NOW. If you look at this objectively, you have to see how little sense your argument makes?

JTR is the raid superstar -> JTR event returns so more people can unlock her -> more players and guilds can succeed at the raid.
    This doesn’t cut people off, other than those who expected a hand delivered note informing them that the event would be back in 68.3 days.

And again, since the original event you have had WAY more notice of the requirements than those of us who got her the first time. This game is about choices and resource management. You chose not to prepare for her. Other put off mod farming and KRU and whatever else you did to get ready. Do you think they didn’t need mods?

It’s basic economics, opportunity cost.
  • Options
    Like a kick in the teeth it is. Because the drop rates are just atrocious for the Vets I put them on the back burner until about 2 weeks ago. Considering the last JTR event was in December I theorized that they would bring back the R2/BB8 events first and that would give me enough time to get the Vets done after I farmed both of them to 5 stars back in December (using the double drop event for the both of them). And now the news that JTR is coming back way earlier than expected...

Yeah I know some are going to say "You should have been farming them since December and you wouldn't be in this situation". I'll accept that. But when it became apparent that JTR was of vital importance in the Sith raid I put Death Trooper on hold (he's another 16 energy pain in the kitten to farm) and went straight to them. I have Han at 6 stars (21/100 at the moment). And Chewie is sitting at 11/85 on the 5 star front. I had a feeling JTR would make an appearance soon but I certainly wasn't expecting her back this soon. Add all the noise about the JTR nerf for the Sith raid. And it just seems that this is another attempt to get people to panic farm before they send out the update with the nerf on exposes.

I guess my biggest complaint (if you want to call it that) is why can't there be more of a heads up notice for these type of events. Change the parameters just a bit and give me say one or two weeks notice (like the beginning of March) and it makes it easier to swallow. But 2 days notice in the middle of knowing that a nerf is coming. It just feels wrong to me. Feel free to shred my opinion apart. But that's what it is. An opinion.
    SWGOH Guild: Peace is a Lie SWGOH Profile: Boofpoof Discord: Buffpuff#3065
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options

My smart decision is to wait for her to return, again.

My guild is friendly and there should be 40+ RJT after 21st, so I figure it would be ok without mine.

16 Cantina node for both Vets in three months, sorry, until next time.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Boofpoof wrote: »
    Like a kick in the teeth it is. Because the drop rates are just atrocious for the Vets I put them on the back burner until about 2 weeks ago. Considering the last JTR event was in December I theorized that they would bring back the R2/BB8 events first and that would give me enough time to get the Vets done after I farmed both of them to 5 stars back in December (using the double drop event for the both of them). And now the news that JTR is coming back way earlier than expected...

Yeah I know some are going to say "You should have been farming them since December and you wouldn't be in this situation". I'll accept that. But when it became apparent that JTR was of vital importance in the Sith raid I put Death Trooper on hold (he's another 16 energy pain in the kitten to farm) and went straight to them. I have Han at 6 stars (21/100 at the moment). And Chewie is sitting at 11/85 on the 5 star front. I had a feeling JTR would make an appearance soon but I certainly wasn't expecting her back this soon. Add all the noise about the JTR nerf for the Sith raid. And it just seems that this is another attempt to get people to panic farm before they send out the update with the nerf on exposes.

I guess my biggest complaint (if you want to call it that) is why can't there be more of a heads up notice for these type of events. Change the parameters just a bit and give me say one or two weeks notice (like the beginning of March) and it makes it easier to swallow. But 2 days notice in the middle of knowing that a nerf is coming. It just feels wrong to me. Feel free to shred my opinion apart. But that's what it is. An opinion.

Choices. The vets were a 16 energy PIA farm for everyone. We had other cantina toons to choose from. We all need better mods. We chose to drop it all at the first HINT of the JTR event, because we thought that the vets MIGHT be required. And we didn’t even know if jtr would be good or not. We chose to gamble to be prepared Incase. There was a cost to that decision (whatever else we could have spent that energy on), but we chose to farm them to be prepared.

Since then, you have known guaranteed what toons were needed for JTR. And you have had longer to farm them than we did. Again, you chose something else over her. Others chose to prepare for the event. Those people now have useless vets and will get jtr. You chose deathtrooper (or mods, or sith, or whatever else). So now you have deathtrooper/mods/sith/whatever you chose as your focus.

There is nothing wrong with making a choice. At the end of the day, we all need to farm all of this stuff as well. You just have to realize that you chose to spend your energy on one thing over the other and live with that decision.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    kello_511 wrote: »

Lots of people who didn’t get rey the first time (and wanted her) will get her now and she will help them with the raid NOW. If you look at this objectively, you have to see how little sense your argument makes?

JTR is the raid superstar -> JTR event returns so more people can unlock her -> more players and guilds can succeed at the raid.
    This doesn’t cut people off, other than those who expected a hand delivered note informing them that the event would be back in 68.3 days.

And again, since the original event you have had WAY more notice of the requirements than those of us who got her the first time. This game is about choices and resource management. You chose not to prepare for her. Other put off mod farming and KRU and whatever else you did to get ready. Do you think they didn’t need mods?

This really feels like fighting windmills...
    I am not questioning the event itself, that's great and will help a lot of people.
    However, for smart resource management, we need to be informed. Agreed?
    And that information we were denied. On purpose. Many people for example farmed SA/SiT based on February rumors, or mods, or whatever under the assumption that a rare event will take longer to return and therefore there is time for more pressing matters. That's resource management too. Sadly, we have to base our decisions on rumors and gut feeling already, even without the possibility of sudden events out of the blue. And while it would be possible to adjust the farming strategy in a matter of weeks, it's impossible in a matter of days without greasing it up with some cash...
  • AA86
    102 posts Member
    Options
    I smell hux or snoke! Hopefully !!!!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    AA86 wrote: »

Marquee Hux, then needing him for a Snoke legendary a week later?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

There is a difference between help and a hand out. Sure no one likes a panic farm, but if JTR is that important to you, you should be all set if you missed her last time.
  • Boofpoof
    337 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Choices. The vets were a 16 energy PIA farm for everyone. We had other cantina toons to choose from. We all need better mods. We chose to drop it all at the first HINT of the JTR event, because we thought that the vets MIGHT be required. And we didn’t even know if jtr would be good or not. We chose to gamble to be prepared Incase. There was a cost to that decision (whatever else we could have spent that energy on), but we chose to farm them to be prepared.

Since then, you have known guaranteed what toons were needed for JTR. And you have had longer to farm them than we did. Again, you chose something else over her. Others chose to prepare for the event. Those people now have useless vets and will get jtr. You chose deathtrooper (or mods, or sith, or whatever else). So now you have deathtrooper/mods/sith/whatever you chose as your focus.

There is nothing wrong with making a choice. At the end of the day, we all need to farm all of this stuff as well. You just have to realize that you chose to spend your energy on one thing over the other and live with that decision.

You are correct in that it's choices. I chose to put the Vets on the back burner based upon the timeline of a Hero's journey (roughly at around 4 months). That was in December. It's the middle of March. I really thought that JTR would be returning in April and had planned (aka making a choice) on making sure that I didn't miss her this go around. In the past there was always at least a week's worth of notice. If you can find a Heroic journey that didn't have that lead-in time I am all ears. This time it is 2 days. In the middle of the backlash of nerfing this specific character.

I will live with my choices because as you said it was a choice. But with all the negative energy going on with the Sith raid ball of kitten that it is you would "think" that they might really want to throw the community a bone and give us a little bit more information. Instead it was buried in a MODIFIED March event calendar. I know what this is. I've been around long enough to see it time after time. This is an effort to get us to panic farm and pay for packs that I'm sure will be coming in two days. Some people can sit on their mighty horse and say I was prepared. Good for you. But I see this as another slap in the face to the community. And I would be saying that even if I was 100 percent ready for this event. There's just so much more that they could be doing to help alleviate some of the bad blood that is going on. Dropping this event with 2 days notice...Yeah they keep batting a .1000 this month.

How could they throw a bone you ask?

- Double drops for the Vets this week (I won't even go as far as to say First Order this time since they have been around a LOT longer and if you don't have them by now then I would agree 100 percent you don't have a leg to stand on)
    - Waiting till they push out their update for the Sith raid fixes (the JTR nerf) so that people can make an informed decision whether or not they still consider this a priority character

Instead just before the nerf comes out they want to create a panic and more bad blood. I should really learn from past history of how things work around here.

• Options
    If JTR comes back in 50 days , that will be ok right?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

There is a difference between help and a hand out. Sure no one likes a panic farm, but if JTR is that important to you, you should be all set if you missed her last time.

Please, stop with the fallacies. The importance of JTR only emerged with the Sith raid. If not for that, it would be no big deal. It's not like she owns arena or anything...
  • Options
    If they release double drops along with the return of the BB-8 and JTR events then all is well, at least they give us a lil helping hand but who knows if they’ll do that.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

I am not questioning the event itself, that's great and will help a lot of people.
    And that information we were denied. On purpose. Many people for example farmed SA/SiT based on February rumors, or mods, or whatever under the assumption that a rare event will take longer to return and therefore there is time for more pressing matters. That's resource management too. Sadly, we have to base our decisions on rumors and gut feeling already, even without the possibility of sudden events out of the blue. And while it would be possible to adjust the farming strategy in a matter of weeks, it's impossible in a matter of days without greasing it up with some cash...

Except that you were informed - the first time the event dropped, you were informed about what the requirements would be the next time it became available. If you would have based your decision on what you already knew to be true, instead of chasing the latest toon or newest rumor, you would have the vets at 7* and be ready to roll.

You are half correct on one thing - I did farm Sass and SiT in February....as soon as I finished with the Vets, because I did not want to be left short a second time. It's the rule of f2p and guppies alike. Farm things to 7* and stay focused on what you know is needed, rather than chasing the latest event, rumor or hype.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    AA86 wrote: »

Marquee Hux, then needing him for a Snoke legendary a week later?

With the way things are being handled right now i woul not be surprised if something like that happened. :s
  • Options
    Someone in my guild made a good observation regarding the "timing" of this event. EA's quarter end is this month. This event came much sooner than anyone anticipated (if you were comparing it to CLS timing). Which would result in panic farming. Panic farming right near the end of a quarter....

Sounds like CG got orders from EA to try and help boost revenue to shore up their quarterly figures. I suspect other EA games and divisions are doing similar things as well.

All hail the mighty $!
  • Options
    It's been said before, but I will state it again.....

The sudden appearance of these events this time around is specifically tied to the feedback being offered on the changes inbound for the Sith Raid. These changes will result in the decreased overall effectiveness of the RJT teams (expose damage halved) yet they will still remain the best currently available option. Short of the top 10-20, very few guilds (100+ million GP range) currently have more than 10 or 12 RJT teams available to use. This accelerated event release is an attempt to keep our overall performance relatively stagnant. The damage scored by 10 RJT teams today will roughly equal the output of 20 RJT team post update.

To paraphrase some of the previous respondents in this thread.....they are effectively sweeping the hotfix changes under the rug while stabilizing the typical guild's performance in the raid. Think what you want about the tactic (I for one do not view it as beneficial to the game, its philosophy, or the community) but I do not believe it is a poorly veiled attempt to milk more money out of the player base. At least no more than any other decision made by CG/EA.

My 2 cents.......
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options

Please, stop with the fallacies. The importance of JTR only emerged with the Sith raid. If not for that, it would be no big deal. It's not like she owns arena or anything...

Yup, because there has been no precedence for hero’s journey or other event characters to be useful at all.

That aside, if you look at the elapsed time since the first videos of the raid came out (showing how good she was) until the event return, I bet it’s pretty close to the time elapsed between when vets were confirmed as being required and the start of the first event.

The fact is that people have been crying for her return since the first event ended, so apparently quite a few people saw the value in getting her. You chose to spend your energy somewhere else that seeemed wiser to you.
    So, enjoy the fruits of your labour! No use crying over spilled milk and all that.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Except that you were informed - the first time the event dropped, you were informed about what the requirements would be the next time it became available. If you would have based your decision on what you already knew to be true, instead of chasing the latest toon or newest rumor, you would have the vets at 7* and be ready to roll.

You are half correct on one thing - I did farm Sass and SiT in February....as soon as I finished with the Vets, because I did not want to be left short a second time. It's the rule of f2p and guppies alike. Farm things to 7* and stay focused on what you know is needed, rather than chasing the latest event, rumor or hype.

Sound advice Nikom. I am guilty as charged as many of us around here other than I didn't go chasing the latest event, rumor or hype. I went under the premise that I still had time based upon the past way these things come around. It's much earlier than anticipated. I'll eat the crow that I didn't continue to farm them after knowing what to expect. See other posts for why I think it's a kitten move on their part...
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Options
    Since it seems obvious that Rey wasn't supposed to return now and that CG is just trying to throw us a bone, I wonder if they'll bring the event back when it was originally supposed to, ie in about a month or so? So this isn't the "normal" cadence return and she'll return at the "normal" time again. A guy can dream at least.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

Pretty sure most guilds use a wall of JTR for TW. She is a great lead for TB. She still has a place in arena....

Yeah you are right, only place anyone needs her or would care to use her is the Sith Raid. I mean besides the fact that she can auto p3 and go into p4 of HAAT, but that's old news that no one cares about.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    If they release double drops along with the return of the BB-8 and JTR events then all is well, at least they give us a lil helping hand but who knows if they’ll do that.

There is no precedence for that.
    Double drops typically come with the first iteration of the event, specifically to help out because before that NO ONE KNOWS what characters are required. After the first event, it’s piblic knowledge and you have PLENTY of time to be ready for the next time the event comes IF YOU CHOOSE to.
  • Options

Pretty sure most guilds use a wall of JTR for TW. She is a great lead for TB. She still has a place in arena....

Yeah you are right, only place anyone needs her or would care to use her is the Sith Raid. I mean besides the fact that she can auto p3 and go into p4 of HAAT, but that's old news that no one cares about.

No argument there Kyno. I sound like a broken record (and don't mean to) but just thought we would have more time. Instead it's BAM! Two days notice with none of the fan fare of the last.

• Options
    Range1974 wrote: »
    I wish I had more sympathy, I farmed the vets like crazy with 2-3 refreshes a day to make it last time. The requirements have not been a mystery, you just did not make them a priority. I am in a guild of 104m GP, we have 9x JTRs. We will probably get 9 more next week because people decided to farm KRU, DT or someone else. Many don’t have a 7star fuzzy han yet too but will be enjoying a 7* ROLO later this month.

You didn't farm the vets with 2-3 refreshes last time. You opened your wallet. There wasn't nearly enough time without spending a fortune to 7* 2 toons.

Nope, as soon as they were offered, I started working on them. There were enough rumors of their need.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

No argument there Kyno. I sound like a broken record (and don't mean to) but just thought we would have more time. Instead it's BAM! Two days notice with none of the fan fare of the last.

Yeah, it's a surprise. Which is why we always advocate focused farming on what you want. Especially event toons, procrastination kills.

She is incredibly useful, so I find it almost equally surprising people waited to be ready. This game is fluid and dynamic, you can't be ready for it all, but most people could have been ready for this one.