[Feedback] JTR back w/ BB8 [MERGE]

Replies

• CR_jev
    583 posts Member
    Options
    I agree with you BBW8. They mention the importance of communication with the player base and yet again they start an event w no (3 days) notification. Seems like a panic move but it creates even more frustration. A 2 weeks notice would have allowed players to ajust their farming but 3 days??? Quite disapointing
  • Options
    Where did people get 4+ months from? Stop saying that, you’re wrong.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    @JTDC
    The problem is you are setting the bar really, really low. If you are even in the 200-500 range in arena and not getting any crystals in fleet arena youll get minimum 145 crystals a day (85 daily and then 60 from arena) and that extra 45 crystals adds up to 4,050 crystals or an extra 40 refreshes which should put you at just enough to finish. And that doesnt even count the extra 900 you get from the calendar over 3 months or from TB or from getting lucky with the daily prize box (I set it to min 5 each day). So yeah, even if you scored 200-500 you can get JTR.

And beyond that, if youre not top 500 or you're not lvl 85, or you dont spend a dime, I mean there has to be some bar to hop to get JTR within a certain time frame. People always say "doing decent in arena is really whats going to propel your farming". Do you think we shouldnt incentivize arena anymore? Or did you just not believe all the numerous guides that mention that? Should it be that easy to farm characters? I dont think so.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    Jedizombie wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion but I started farming the vets ever since we knew we needed them and I had them 7*ed over a month ago. I didn't stop farming them after I missed Rey, I kept on. We all knew she would come back soon. This maybe a little early but if you continually farmed them since December you SHOULD have them.

I think it's great that they are releasing her knowing ppl want her for the raid.

That's hardly an unpopular opinion. Reading this thread, one would almost get the impression that withholding information to milk more cash is somehow a good thing...

Not sure how giving 3.5 months to farm 2 characters is withholding information to milk cash at all?
  • Options
    Jaxom wrote: »
    Ferret2112 wrote: »
    I simply refuse to believe that a 50% decrease in the damage capability of the expose mechanic, coupled with a 5% decrease in Nihilus' health pool (which will further decrease the effect of expose damage) will only result in a 1.7% decrease in damage. The numbers that I, and pretty much anyone, has seen regarding the damage RJT teams can accomplish have been showing typically indicate that expose is responsible for approximately 60-70% of the total (depending on RNG of expose landing). To site one my runs as a sample, 7,862,912 total damage of which 2,803,796 damage was not from expose. That means 5,059,116 was expose related, or 64.34% of total.

In your example above of 11.7% of phase, using 60% of that as a baseline for the amount done by expose, that would equate to slightly more than 7% of the phase. Halving that due to the expose rework gives us 3.5% of the phase. Therefore your 11.7% becomes 8.2%. My math indicates that we should expect a relative decrease in damage of approximately 30-35%. Maybe my estimate of 10 vs 20 teams was a bit inflated. But 10 vs 16.67 seems about right.

Also note, that the decrease in health for p1 boss will further decrease how much damage each expose can produce.

Please show me your work so we can compare which equation is flawed

it's actually interesting, the numbers I was using came from heroic, where the ratio of real damage vs expose damage was much higher than the screenshots I am seeing for T6. I guess this makes sense since heroic has significantly less HP (and therefore less expose damage) than T6. The below screenshot is from heroic and is what I used for my 11.7-10% calc

427ibzmcm9md.png

Fair distinction. The numbers I was using came from t6. I guess on some level it is encouraging to know that the impact will be lesser on heroic than other lower tiers.

Back to my original point, though.....I fully believe that the re-release of the RJT event is in response to the obvious situation created by the new raid in which RJT teams are the only currently existing teams that can produce significant numbers. Due to this realization by the community (and it seems that maybe the devs only realized it after the players did), and the subsequent reduction in the expose mechanic's effectiveness (and the community's overwhelming negative response to that move), they are offering us an opportunity to expand the availability of this character and team in order to keep our progression on a relatively equal standing.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Luniz wrote: »

It's not about her coming back early, it's about CG giving us notice two days in advance. Two. Freaking. Days. That's not even enough time to panic farm. This is a new low, what will be next? Releasing once-in-a-blue-moon events with no early notice whatsoever?

As others have said, you've had three months, not two days. If you were unable to farm the veterans, it won't make a difference if it's two days or two weeks notice. If you could farm them but didn't...oh, well.

And besides, the event will likely be on for a week, so you should have nine days in which to farm.

It will make a difference for me, I need 140 more shards, max I can get in 10 day panic farm is 130 (unlikely due to bad rng today).

Seriously, you foresee yourself being 10 shards short and you don’t think you will manage it?
    Surely you can direct all of your crystals towards this and pull off the extra few shards?
  • Options
    Buffbeardo wrote: »

I boo your post! The established business practice is 6 months.

I am surprised that some still says that legendary events returns after 6 months.

NO legendary event returned after 6 months, not even Palpatine.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/147885/legendary-events-dates
  • Yarrg
    17 posts Member
    Options
    It was borderline impossible to get JTR f2p the first time, given the timing of when the vets opened up for free farming. It would have taken 10k+ crystal spending on refreshes.

When they do stuff like that, no matter how frustrating, it is on us to recognize what they're up to if we want to keep playing their game. I not only pushed through and finished up the last 50 shards for each vet without stopping after the first failure, but have since stockpiled 10k crystals for the next sneaker wave.

They will come up with new tricks, but don't fall for the same stuff twice. We had to take our lumps on the initial JTR rollout, but getting her the second time was very accomplishable if you stayed the course.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »
    Unpopular opinion but I started farming the vets ever since we knew we needed them and I had them 7*ed over a month ago. I didn't stop farming them after I missed Rey, I kept on. We all knew she would come back soon. This maybe a little early but if you continually farmed them since December you SHOULD have them.

I think it's great that they are releasing her knowing ppl want her for the raid.

That's hardly an unpopular opinion. Reading this thread, one would almost get the impression that withholding information to milk more cash is somehow a good thing...

Not sure how giving 3.5 months to farm 2 characters is withholding information to milk cash at all?

Oh, I must have missed the announcement that we have 3.5 months to get ready, I thought they announced the return just now. Or maybe I miscalculated the time between CLS first and second run and therefore based my plans on wrong information. Gee, now I feel dumb. It's not like they suddenly came up with the event at all, we had known it is coming back this early for so long!
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    You are half correct on one thing - I did farm Sass and SiT in February....as soon as I finished with the Vets, because I did not want to be left short a second time. It's the rule of f2p and guppies alike. Farm things to 7* and stay focused on what you know is needed, rather than chasing the latest event, rumor or hype.

The Irony in your statement is astounding. Seriously. Farm what you KNOW, but you farmed SA and ST? lol Good stuff.

Are you farming now for Snoke that's coming out in April? ;-)
  • Options
    Do you think they will give us double drops for those two again or that it was just 1st time thing?
  • UdalCuain
    5012 posts Member
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    You are half correct on one thing - I did farm Sass and SiT in February....as soon as I finished with the Vets, because I did not want to be left short a second time. It's the rule of f2p and guppies alike. Farm things to 7* and stay focused on what you know is needed, rather than chasing the latest event, rumor or hype.

The Irony in your statement is astounding. Seriously. Farm what you KNOW, but you farmed SA and ST? lol Good stuff.

Definitely not what he is saying, get certainties done first then focus on speculation / whatever you like.
  • UdalCuain
    5012 posts Member
    Options
    Sorry to disappoint but I doubt it. I don't remember ever getting double drops for a returning event.
  • StarSon
    7443 posts Member
    Options

Oh, I must have missed the announcement that we have 3.5 months to get ready, I thought they announced the return just now. Or maybe I miscalculated the time between CLS first and second run and therefore based my plans on wrong information. Gee, now I feel dumb. It's not like they suddenly came up with the event at all, we had known it is coming back this early for so long!

I guess you did. Character requirements were announced first week of December 2017, plenty of time to have farmed them by now if you wanted JTR.

Can't blame CG you extrapolated from unrelated data from unrelated events to make a decision you now regret.
  • Options
    People annoyed with the short notice are just salty they ldidnt farm when they should have
  • Options
    But you'll probably get the chance to spend 799 crystals to see people complain about only getting 5 shards for them. The mods will be busy. :)
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »

Sounds like he is saying that he farmed the required toons first and then moved on to those who were rumored to be part of the next event. Like many of us did with the vets in preparation for the jtr event.

And now, in 2 months time if it turns out that the siths ARE needed, will you still laugh at him?

If so...laugh away. I’ll see you whining in those threads at that time. Or I’ll see you posting in the “nerf Traya” threads and we will be the ones laughing.
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options
    Just terrible how they announce these events a few day before it comes out. Literally the only good thing for me about this is that I still have time to farm Phoenix for Thrawn

No trolling here, serious question. You know all events return. Knowing that, what's the difference between 2 weeks notice or 2 days notice. All events eventually return. If you aren't ready with 2 days notice you wouldnt have been ready with two weeks notice.

I understand when people are upset about new events, but with returning events I just don't get it. You knew it would be back, if that event was that important to you shouldn't you have been ready for it?

Please correct me if I am wrong, and again not trolling just trying to understand.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    Monel wrote: »
    Just terrible how they announce these events a few day before it comes out. Literally the only good thing for me about this is that I still have time to farm Phoenix for Thrawn

No trolling here, serious question. You know all events return. Knowing that, what's the difference between 2 weeks notice or 2 days notice. All events eventually return. If you aren't ready with 2 days notice you wouldnt have been ready with two weeks notice.

I understand when people are upset about new events, but with returning events I just don't get it. You knew it would be back, if that event was that important to you shouldn't you have been ready for it?

Please correct me if I am wrong, and again not trolling just trying to understand.

There is no understanding these people. They can whine, whine, whine while the rest of us grind, grind, grind.
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options

@Nauros
    You should feel dumb for assuming that this was going to follow the pattern of one sample (and no, other legendaries don't count as this is heroes journey.)

Look, I made the same mistake. But I'll admit that I didnt actually have a good reason to believe that it was going to follow CLS. No one ever said "oh yeah all heroes journey are going to follow ___ specific cadence".

If you really wanted JTR, you should have farmed the vets till you had them since her release. I didn't, I switched a few times, and now things are going to be a lot tougher. But so it is, it was my choice to make that decision.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

No one said you knew it would be coming back "early" (if that's really a thing, as CG has never followed a timeline or a release cadence. Within weeks after posting one, they changed it). But you did know it would be coming back at some point. And you have known the requirements since early December, if not before.

We get it, you're salty because you ignored vets until "later". But stop trying to blame someone else for your decision not to farm them. You have whoever you farmed instead of them. Cool. Be happy with that. I am sure that whoever it is you've worked on in the meantime is actually more useful than vets. But not if you wanted JTRey this time around.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Where did people get 4 months from? Stop saying that, you’re wrong.

4 months is indeed a bit of an overstatement if you are going by "official" announcement (which was the first week in December) - it's more like 3 months + 3 weeks - so you are correct, 7 days more than 4 months. Crazy.

Most people hypothesized that Vets would be required as a tie-in to the movie when the event was originally announced on November 1st, which would be well over 4 months.

But sure, rationalize away. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    Back when the Rey event first came out I was 100% on board with the "no f2p can get this". I was angry that it basically gave the toon to the whales of the game and excluded about 99% of the f2p community (sans the few self-proclaimed Oracles who happened to have farmed in advance). Since the December event I knew Rey would return. Didn't know when, didn't care. I made the Vets my single priority in farming. I just finished Chewie last week, and had finished Han three weeks prior.

I agreed last time that it was impossible to get them as a f2p. This time it's a much weaker argument. I didn't buy shards for them, purely cantina farming. And I just made it in time for the new event.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    FieldL wrote: »
    Edward wrote: »
    I feel your anger. What they have been doing didn’t consider our interests at all.

They do. They know people want JTR to beat the Sith Raid. So, here she is. Put the nerf aside, she is still the most effective team to take down Sith Raid.

As far as I see it, they basically try to force sell a nerfed character that has almost disappeared from arena at the original price after two months.

Rey had more value before nerf for both arena and raid. For a Sith ready guild to benefit from this event, there has to be a fair number of players that are ready for RJT. Otherwise, not much help.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Funny how everyone berates CG for lack of comunication all the time except in this particular case. Suddenly, last minute changes are fine and everybody not ready for them should have known better...
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I feel your anger. What they have been doing didn’t consider our interests at all.

They do. They know people want JTR to beat the Sith Raid. So, here she is. Put the nerf aside, she is still the most effective team to take down Sith Raid.

As far as I see it, they basically try to force sell a nerfed character that has almost disappeared from arena at the original price after two months.

Rey had more value before nerf for both arena and raid. For a Sith ready guild to benefit from this event, there has to be a fair number of players that are ready for RJT. Otherwise, not much help.

But they don't have to "sell" anything. Any f2p who wanted JTRey (and didn't give in to the newest shiny of the month club) could have her this time around. The requirements have been suspected since November 1st and verified the first week of December. I haven't spent money on the game in over a year, and I've had the vets at 7* for over a month.

While I do agree that some of the luster has worn off of JTRey in the last month, the fact is a JTRey team is still 3-4 times stronger than almost any other team in the Sith Raid. And she is still very prevalent in TW, especially on defense.

• Options
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Where did people get 4 months from? Stop saying that, you’re wrong.

4 months is indeed a bit of an overstatement if you are going by "official" announcement (which was the first week in December) - it's more like 3 months + 3 weeks - so you are correct, 7 days more than 4 months. Crazy.

Most people hypothesized that Vets would be required as a tie-in to the movie when the event was originally announced on November 1st, which would be well over 4 months.

But sure, rationalize away. :D

Just curious, and this is off topic, why are you such an apologist for ea/cg?
  • MrGrips
    521 posts Member
    Options

@Edward

Force sell? Aren't you contradicting yourself? Youre saying JTR is useless/weak and then saying that somehow CG is forcing us to farm her. If youre right that shes weak, then they definitely aren't forcing anything.

I really don't get how people are somehow mad about both reys release and the nerf. How are those things related in anyway I should care about?

"Theyre trying to cover up how they nerfed expose!" Uh.. even if that were true (horrible way to cover it up btw)...
    So?
  • Options
    I wonder if the developers have an in office bet to see how much money they are going to pull in from people panic farming. Even though people are right now complaining about the nerf and swearing to never spend money on the game again.