Your advice requested on my next Cantina farm

Prev1
Just finished taking GS to 7*. That million credits hurt but I use him everywhere so I just wanted to do it. But now I have a tough call about who to do next. What do you think?
Most sensible options for me:
- Dooku (6* 26/100). Again I use him everywhere and he's squishy so it would help. But again, a million credits blown with yet another cap raise looming and a half dozen characters I haven't leveled up yet. Also, I can farm him slowly from his hard nodes.
- Barriss (6* 0/100). I will need her at 7* for the Yoda challenge, but not until April at best, so I probably will wait here.
- JC (5* 74/85). Same deal as Barriss and I don't even use him yet. (I can get him to 85 using one of his hard nodes before the next Yoda event).
- Mace (5* 0/85). Was my 5th for the first Yoda event but he's so unimpressive I've switched to Anakin. Could be a backup.. could also be a waste of a week of farming.
- Lando (0/0). Brand new, and wouldn't fit with any of my existing characters, and also not really that great right now. Possible future buff?
Nobody else really impresses me. I refuse to use Luke due to religious objection, Finn I unlocked at 4* and hate, Biggs/Plo/NI/Jawas/Talia don't impress me. Oh, and I have Kylo maxed already.
Whatcha think, Collective Wisdom? :) TBH at this point I am leaning towards just farming Dooku and Barriss even if I don't level them up immediately.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Options
    Go for dooku. You can always bank the shards if you need to spend on leveling.
  • Fantazy
    553 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I say: finish JC for Yoda 6*, then Lando. (edit: I'm buying unpopular characters from GW and arena. I just don't like piling up tokens and I like to experiment with new guys we don't see anywhere. I want to seed fun teams for GW.. I unno. )
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I am pretty much in the same boat. My GS will be 7* in two days and I am sitting on 5* (27/85) Dooku, 4* (7/65) Barriss, 5*(67/85) JC, and 5*(0/85) Mace. I do have lando unlocked at 4* but I'm not sure how I could use him currently. I really wanna focus on Dooku, but that puts me behind on my Yoda challenge. I'm just glad my GS has a couple days left before I have to decide...

Edit: btw religious objection on Luke? Help me out here, I don't get it.
  • Options
    JoshG wrote: »

He uses a... rifle. *shudder*
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    JoshG wrote: »

He uses a... rifle. *shudder*

Lol gotcha. I was trying to make a connection between Luke in the bible or something along those lines. Lol still chuckling over this one...
  • Options
    I'd wait until we see where the new toon is placed. If he is good and placed in a cantina battle do you want to leave a toon half finished? Seems like you have a couple you can work on without starting an entirely new project
  • Options
    I'm in the same boat on several cantina farm characters. Granted I usually get to 6* and then switch, the 1mil really does bring pain.
  • Phipps
    1107 posts Member
    Options
    Unless you NEED to 7 star one of those guys for your arena lineup start someone new for fun.

Lando should be fun, no one is currently using him plus he is probably one of the if not the best scoundrel....boba isn't that great

Going to need scoundrels for the next event most likely and not like you want to get mob enforcer for it.

Finishing my 7 star Luke 56/100 then farming Lando

There's gotta be a way to protect/buff Lando to let him get of those multiple AOE attacks.
  • Options
    I'm in a similar boat (Dooku 76/100, Barriss 11/100, JC 15/100).

I'll probably finish them all to 7*, then go Acolyte or IG-100, as I have fairly fleshed out Nightsister and Droid teams. I have stayed away from GS, mainly because he feels OP and cheap and probably due for a nerf.

Talia is a good option, her buff helped her a lot and she is very useful in GW now at least.
  • Options
    I'm taking Barris to 6* for GW mainly and then finishing off Dooku to 7*. Dooku is one of my best in GW and strong in arena against QGJ and Luminara.

Once I finish Dooku and Barriss I may work in lando just because I don't have him unlocked and he looks like fun.
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    I would say Dooku. I'm on the way to 7* GS in my main and after him I'm going to farm Dooku to 7*. There will be many QGJ lead teams in arena and Dooku is just perfect against those Jedis.
  • Options
    I'm doing mace for the yoda event but afterwards I'm going to do dooku. I probably won't use him all the time anywhere but if there's a Jedi team or a counter team and I need some extra stuns then he's the guy. Also I need a 5th dark side hero so I can attempt DS 7
  • Options
    I have Biggs at 6* already and he is a beast.. together with QGJ and GS.. 3 times support attack..
  • Options
    speZialiZt wrote: »
    I have Biggs at 6* already and he is a beast.. together with QGJ and GS.. 3 times support attack..

What's his damage output at 6*? I have him at three, and just started farming him in GW
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I would do Dooku 7* > JC 6* > Barris 7* . Maybe unlock Lando first at 4* if you also plan (or have) Greedo, Boba and Nute Gunray, for the Scoundrels Challenge
  • Options
    Dooku for sure. If only to scare away other PVP teams, and the health will be nice
  • Options
    Just finished taking GS to 7*. That million credits hurt but I use him everywhere so I just wanted to do it. But now I have a tough call about who to do next. What do you think?
    Most sensible options for me:
    - Dooku (6* 26/100). Again I use him everywhere and he's squishy so it would help. But again, a million credits blown with yet another cap raise looming and a half dozen characters I haven't leveled up yet. Also, I can farm him slowly from his hard nodes.
    - Barriss (6* 0/100). I will need her at 7* for the Yoda challenge, but not until April at best, so I probably will wait here.
    - JC (5* 74/85). Same deal as Barriss and I don't even use him yet. (I can get him to 85 using one of his hard nodes before the next Yoda event).
    - Mace (5* 0/85). Was my 5th for the first Yoda event but he's so unimpressive I've switched to Anakin. Could be a backup.. could also be a waste of a week of farming.
    - Lando (0/0). Brand new, and wouldn't fit with any of my existing characters, and also not really that great right now. Possible future buff?
    Nobody else really impresses me. I refuse to use Luke due to religious objection, Finn I unlocked at 4* and hate, Biggs/Plo/NI/Jawas/Talia don't impress me. Oh, and I have Kylo maxed already.
    Whatcha think, Collective Wisdom? :) TBH at this point I am leaning towards just farming Dooku and Barriss even if I don't level them up immediately.

@Qeltar

Dooku first unless u feel u have enough resources to go around.

I have come to realize farming hard node for toons available in cantina node is bad.

Farming Cantina shipment toons is borderline acceptable as there are just so many good toons in cantina.

u can unlock many toons but fail to gear them enough to use them. U might as well don't unlock n level the toon.

farm as many laptops hair dryers and the freakish handcuff

Reaching 7* but not enough gear is a pain in the beep

Especially when u are at level cap. Except to see more laptops hair dryers handcuff requirements

Dooku n Sid team gives the popular 3 Jedi arena teams a big headache

Dooku will stay relevant as long as there are plenty of Jedi

• Options
    I'd get JC to 6* for Yoda. Surprised you don't use him in GW. He is Lumi light but with a much more frequent use heal enabling him to usually heal every GW match while both Lumi and Bariss are lucky to get a heal in every other match. The three of them combined can get through just about any GW opponent except the Sid/Dooku/Kylo trip combo.

Also when deciding remember that the more expensive the shard is the more cantina credits you get and most good synergy heroes are in the cantina shop anyway. So if you really don't know what you want to do just keep going on Dooku/Bariss so at least you're getting that benefit.
  • Options
    How about Finn? B)
  • Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    I'd get JC to 6* for Yoda. Surprised you don't use him in GW. He is Lumi light but with a much more frequent use heal enabling him to usually heal every GW match while both Lumi and Bariss are lucky to get a heal in every other match. The three of them combined can get through just about any GW opponent except the Sid/Dooku/Kylo trip combo.

Also when deciding remember that the more expensive the shard is the more cantina credits you get and most good synergy heroes are in the cantina shop anyway. So if you really don't know what you want to do just keep going on Dooku/Bariss so at least you're getting that benefit.

I kept JC at 4* for a long time. now he's 5*

JC and Lumi is pretty mandatory to me in GW

especially if your roster isn't very big

Barris is a good swop in to heal up

Can we skip JC if we run Bariss Lead with Lumi in GW?
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    How about Finn? B)

Sadly he sucks.
    @SlyGambit - My standard GW team is Barriss, Dooku, Daka, GS and Lumi. Three healers is enough (though Daka is not there for her healing). I use JC as a backup if I screw up by having both Lumi and Barriss on cooldown with a tough node coming up.. and the fights have been getting harder recently. Honestly I rarely need him.
    I do need him at 6* for Yoda, but he's currently 76/85. I do his 1B hard node because it drops those level 1 pad things that I can never seem to have enough of. :)
    I'm doing Dooku now, then I am not sure. I might unlock Lando just for the heck of it, probably using a high node to get more credits and purples. Or just work on Barriss/JC for 7*, though I won't bump them for a while.
    I am hoping that when they raise the cap there will be someone else new and good in there, as they did last time.
    I would even consider cutting back on Cantina refreshes, but Cantina shipments are my scarcest resource, and I need to keep those going. After getting Jinn and Poe to 6* and 5* I now am back to 10k orange balls, deciding what to do next with them.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »
    How about Finn? B)

Sadly he sucks.
    @SlyGambit - My standard GW team is Barriss, Dooku, Daka, GS and Lumi. Three healers is enough (though Daka is not there for her healing). I use JC as a backup if I screw up by having both Lumi and Barriss on cooldown with a tough node coming up.. and the fights have been getting harder recently. Honestly I rarely need him.
    I do need him at 6* for Yoda, but he's currently 76/85. I do his 1B hard node because it drops those level 1 pad things that I can never seem to have enough of. :)
    I'm doing Dooku now, then I am not sure. I might unlock Lando just for the heck of it, probably using a high node to get more credits and purples. Or just work on Barriss/JC for 7*, though I won't bump them for a while.
    I am hoping that when they raise the cap there will be someone else new and good in there, as they did last time.
    I would even consider cutting back on Cantina refreshes, but Cantina shipments are my scarcest resource, and I need to keep those going. After getting Jinn and Poe to 6* and 5* I now am back to 10k orange balls, deciding what to do next with them.

Finn is a mistake that I unfortunately made. I am trying for Lando, but I'm a scoundrel at heart.
  • Options
    I have 5* Lando and he is a beast. And of course, so fun as Darth Maul to play with.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    IG-100 MagnaGuarda is a good option too.
    Mestre Fábio - My YouTube Channel - My SwGOH profile - Brazilian player? Come to play with us, AAT heroic, contact me
  • Options
    Dooku or ya boi kylo. I just finished kylo and now I'm after dooku.
  • Chosen_One
    98 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm on the same boat as you too, just finishing barriss at 6*, gonna do GS to 7*, then Dooku 7* ,after that Kylo to 7*(all at 6* atm). So yeah, priority is GS>dooku>everyone else.

The harder decision for me is the cantina shipments........Poe, Daka, and QGJ(top 3), thinking QGJ to 6*(currently 51/2), then daka to 7*(61/3 now) then Poe.
  • Options
    After I get QG to 6, I'm going for Hoth Scout. But I decided to build s rebel team
  • Options
    I would go for Dooku.. He can fit the role of support vs QGJ teams..
    Imho for cantina toons, at the moment, GS>Dooku>Jedi Cons>Kilo
  • Options
    After I get QG to 6, I'm going for Hoth Scout. But I decided to build s rebel team

I want him but am getting Daka first. I have all the other Rebels, but need Hoth Scout :(
  • Options
    I have decides to focus on my current characters. I have a lot of 4* dudes at lvl 40-50 that are basically worth less, many of them with gear 6 or even 7. With the credit crunch, I think I should refocus myself and raise those guys, already half developed, before I go with new projects.

So I'm going to 7* JC, Barris, Lumi, QGJ +1 more (either Mace or Ashoka, as Anakin will tske too long to 7*). For Yoda.
    I'm also raising my arena droid team to 7*.
    Then I'm going to 6* and level 70 my purple geared 4* Greedo, my purple geared 4* Assajj, my purple geared 4* Piie, my purple geared 4* lvl 53 Vader, 4* Sid, 4*Dooku, 3* Storm Trooper Han, etc.

Will work to raise my gear 6 (almost 7) 4* First Order Tie Pilot, Resistance Pilot, nightsister Initiate, Talia, 3* Resistance trooper, 3* Jawa, 3* clone Trooper... to levels where they are useful.

Then I can hsve fun in GW trying to win nodes with thematic teams (Nightsister, Resistance, Jedi, etc) while keeping the A team ready.

Once I rally and refocus, I will check about adding other toons that I like, such as Kylo, Oppress, and Lando.

That's my plan, until they release ships and we all go nuts to get Millenium Falcon