Home One 6* Challenge

Replies

• Options
    I feel your pain, my ships aren't even close to matching what yours are so I try a couple times and then quit. The fact that the fleet AI is controlling Mace's ship is the trouble. I've seen his ship in this challenge use special abilities 3-4 times in a row after one of his ships goes. The fleet AI cheats, even in the fleet arena.

At the same time, "recommended, isn't." is something I've said many times on these forums. It'd be one thing if they just said, "hey you need level 85 and gear 11 and so on" but for so many events and challenges, its just, "oh level 70 can do this!" while you get demolished with max toons. The problem with Mace is that his valour reduces cooldowns 'too much' in this event, so you might never get to see all your reinforcements come out (while he keeps magically sending out ships from his stock of 100 of each type.)

I'd say that's what keeps me the most frustrated and upset about this game, that recommended truly isn't what you need, but at the same time, there's not much effort to fix that problem. I don't care if it is challenging (though this challenge seems over the top), but the "Select Number Generator" (RNG should be called SNG because the programmers input 'select' numbers to pop up with certain percentages, it isn't as random as you'd think), favors the AI far more than it should in these kinds of events with way too small a factor of the player getting the completion. (And some people saying, "its EZ Bro! I finished it the second time I tried with level 50 ships and no mods on my pilots and with one hand tied behind my back, walking uphill on ice..." sure doesn't help the morale of so many who struggle with it.) The answer shouldn't be, "just auto it 400 times and you'll complete it, maybe."

Good luck though, hopefully we all complete it soon enough.
  • Options
    Still eagerly awaiting a dev response here.
  • Options
    Since from the start i have focused on the rebells with Akbar/Lando/wiggs even the 7* Challenge was a Joke. But i've gotten mace to 6* at about 1.5 Mio GP, it was insane even with all ships 7* and g12 biggs etc. But to the Point - ship that helps in all "AI is overpowered" Light Side events is ahsoka. Easiest debuff ever, reinforcrments lose buffs, dodge can be nice if it Hits biggs while taunting. Dmg is okay too. Just dont Auto or she will "buff" herself
  • Options
    This challenge is really the worst. I mean, do something to bring it in line with the others...tune Endurance down, or tune the ARCs down a bit. The sheer volume of HP when you have multiple ARCs out there plus their recovery capability makes this ridiculous...

Easy fix - AI should have the same restrictions we do, one of each ship. Wouldn’t even need to alter the levels then because it’s really the mass of ARCs that cause the issue.
  • EZC69
    132 posts Member
    Options
    Can someone @ every single one of the moderators on here until someone gives a decent answer? This challenge is absolutely garbage. I’m running over 280k power and not even coming close.
  • Options
    I found this challenge extremely difficult as well, but I did eventually get lucky and beat it. I'm not sure how I did it, as it was one of the days where I just kept hitting auto while doing other things and finally I won. I feel your pain though; this challenge is cray cray.
  • EZC69
    132 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_Dan @CG_RyDiggs @CG_JohnSalera @CG_CapGaSP is there any direction to fix this challenge? Windu is seemingly calling reinforcements with no cool-down and no limit on the number he can call. Short of level 85 pilots and ships with G11-12 Pilots this challenge literally only comes down to LUCK. That is not the way a strategy game should be played!
  • Options
    EZC69 wrote: »
    @CG_Kozispoon @CG_Dan @CG_RyDiggs @CG_JohnSalera @CG_CapGaSP is there any direction to fix this challenge? Windu is seemingly calling reinforcements with no cool-down and no limit on the number he can call. Short of level 85 pilots and ships with G11-12 Pilots this challenge literally only comes down to LUCK. That is not the way a strategy game should be played!

Same, Its **** that his fleet is linked to Thrawns ship as well.
  • EZC69
    132 posts Member
    Options
    It’s kind of funny that there is all of this talk about “being more transparent” and then we get nothing on here... There are hundreds of posts like this one where there are many players asking for answers and CG’s idea of being transparent means not being there at all lol.

“Sure, we’ll bring back the Chimaera event! In the mean time, we’ll ramp up the difficulty of the Home One challenge and make it nearly impossible to get a 6 star Home One so that you’ll all spend more money to beat it! There’s only one way to make up for the thousands of players that left last month over our end-of-fiscal-year fiasco, and that’s to make things harder so people will spend more!”

Bunch of geniuses.
  • Options
    Ok agree - this challenge is just plain impossible. The protection recovery on the ships is ridiculous.

What is the ideal team for this challenge?? I’m running Wedge/Biggs/Phoenix Ships/Cassian/JC/Bistan and getting flawed...serious did they make this harder right before the Thrawn event??
  • Options
    Lvl 85 ships, g10/11 pilots, hundreds of attempts, and I'm not even close.
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie Please please someone look into this. This is an event that is required for another event and something is seriously wrong with it.
  • Options
    I have been gearing and trying this event for 4 months and ive still yet to come close. Im leveling Umbaran which isnt a bad farm but Rex and Poe shards are hard to come by as I rarely have them pop in the store. I tried to prepare for the return of the Chimaera in advance but looks like I wont even get the 6* let alone the 7*
  • Options
    I found this challenge extremely difficult as well, but I did eventually get lucky and beat it. I'm not sure how I did it, as it was one of the days where I just kept hitting auto while doing other things and finally I won. I feel your pain though; this challenge is cray cray.

How long ago did you beat it and what was the starting lineup/gear level you used?
  • Options
    +1 here. I've been playing since before ships were released. Got 6* executrix and Endurance with a small amount of determination and it seems like forever ago. even have executrix at 7* now.

Home 1 though I still to this day do not have it at 6*.
  • Options

How long ago did you beat it and what was the starting lineup/gear level you used?

I beat it mid-February. I don't think I have upgraded my ships or toons used for that since, but I may have a little bit.

unknown.png

That is my current LS ship roster. Hope it helps you out somehow.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    I don't think it's broken, I just think it is highly RNG dependent. I was able to finally beat this a few weeks ago, with Mace reinforcing a few times. There is one benefit to this challenge being so difficult, and that is tied to the Chimera. If this challenge was easy, getting Chimera to 7* would be easier as well. Because of the lack of ship diversity Arena parity would lose all viability and one would find themselves in a purely RNG dependent Fleet Arena where the top 300 of any given shard would have the same comps.

I would say they need to add more diversity into Fleet before adjusting the difficulty to the Home One 6* challenge. Doing otherwise would be a poor development decision at this point.
  • Options
    Jeric wrote: »
    I don't think it's broken, I just think it is highly RNG dependent. I was able to finally beat this a few weeks ago, with Mace reinforcing a few times. There is one benefit to this challenge being so difficult, and that is tied to the Chimera. If this challenge was easy, getting Chimera to 7* would be easier as well. Because of the lack of ship diversity Arena parity would lose all viability and one would find themselves in a purely RNG dependent Fleet Arena where the top 300 of any given shard would have the same comps.

I would say they need to add more diversity into Fleet before adjusting the difficulty to the Home One 6* challenge. Doing otherwise would be a poor development decision at this point.

I can see that however a bunch of people got Chimera anyway without even having the right ships as that was a bug. So we are now being puniched twice, once for that and now the ridiculous amount of reinforcements with absolutley no cooldowns
  • Options

I beat it mid-February. I don't think I have upgraded my ships or toons used for that since, but I may have a little bit.

unknown.png

I have most of those minus Poe and Resistance Xwing. Which ships did you actually put in your lineup as the starting 5 and reserves? Ill just sit and hit auto all day if it eventually works but im curious what lineup worked for that.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    I have a feeling what happened is that when they fixed the reinforcement bug last time they accidentally broke it in the complete opposite direction. Now it’s way, way, way, overtuned. It’s not even close to the challenges for the other two capital ships. Remember too this is just to get it to six stars, not seven. You shouldn’t need fully maxed ships and g12 pilots for six. For seven maybe but not six. It’s clearly broken now. Anyone who has tried it in the last few weeks can see it.
  • Options

unknown.png

I have most of those minus Poe and Resistance Xwing. Which ships did you actually put in your lineup as the starting 5 and reserves? Ill just sit and hit auto all day if it eventually works but im curious what lineup worked for that.

Ive tried legit and even Auto. At least 100 autos and come back wiped with 5 ships up.
  • Options

I know I went with Biggs, Wedge, Ghost, Phantom and Ashoka's ship. JC was on the bench as was Resistance X-Wing and probably Poe's too. I didn't get Cassian's U-Wing until recently.

Just a lot of auto runs and one golden lucky one.
  • Psilosin
    163 posts Member
    Options
    Its pretty much the hardest thing in the game. Everything has to go your way. I found that Ashoka's ship was key in being able to remove the god **** taunts so you could actually kill a ship.
  • Seeth
    1 posts Member
    Options
    Right, I've been working this for a couple of months now. I can't even dent it. It's really frustrating... Not even a pay wall, because you can't buy off the bad design on the other side.
    Instant reinforcing, high damage tanks, healers that survive like tanks... All of that before the basic strategy of dealing with Windy's juggling.
    It's sickeningly disheartening, especially for what should be a relatively easy fix. The Chimera is a great ship but theoretically in line with the others. It's definition not worth this irritation. I can just get the Executor win button so much more easily!
    This just makes me want to quit. Success shouldn't be dependent on having so far outgunned the opposition that you don't employ any form of strategy. If that's even possible with this.
  • Options
    I beat this event on my first account, I'm guessing around nine months in. I don't recall the specifics, just that I was close and required more seven star ships than I thought I would ever need. I have a second account that is 1.5M GP and is now over a year old, is capable of top 20 in fleet arena using a mix of LS and DS ships (running Mace) and it cannot come close to beating this challenge with 7* Biggs, Wedge, Ghost, Phantom, Fives, Cassian and Ahsoka and a 5* Rex.

The Endurance takes upwards of five turns to every one of mine. There aren't enough dispels and target locks in the LS armada with G8 pilots. I'm confident I did this with many G8 pilots with a smattering of G9 and G10s.

I've never seen so many resists and dodges before. Please make it stop, it sucks the fun out of it.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Yes, it's a challenge, but not unbeatable. My alt just beat it in 5th attempt with the following starting lineup:

Home One: 5*, 72 ship — 7*, g7, 75 commander
    Biggs: 7*, 85 ship — 7*, g11, 85 pilot
    Wedge: 7*, 85 ship — 7*, g11, 85 pilot
    Ghost: 6*, 80 ship
    Phantom: 6*, 80 ship
    JC: 7*, 84 ship — 7*, g8, 85 pilot

Replacements:
    Ahsoka: 5*, 80 ship — 7*, g8, 80 pilot
    Falcon: 5*, 80 ship — 4*, g8, 65 Finn, 7*, g8, 72 Rey

Phoenix pilots are mostly 7* g8—10 with Chopper at 6* and Sabine at 5*

I had previously failed several times with 5* Ghost/Phantom and level 70 Home One.

Keep upgrading your ships and pilots, and you will eventually succeed.

My profile on swgoh.gg didn't update yet. Only difference is a level 72 Home One (now at 6*):

https://swgoh.gg/u/fakir/ships/?f=Light Side
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    jejuzang wrote: »
    Same issues. Over 1.6 mil GP and cant beat it.

Your overall GP is of no importance to this challenge — only the strength of your light side ships is. My alt just completed it earlier today with just below 1.1 mill. GP overall.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    To all those claiming that the enemy Endurance has unlimited reinforcements:

You are so very wrong. It eventually dries out.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Biggs wedge g11. My Phoenix mix of 9/10 JC g10 Rex g10 ahsoka g9. Cassian and his crew 8 fives 8. So keep dumping gear into them?

I managed with less than this. Try again with better mods (dots and level).
  • Presaria
    199 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks to the OP for bringing this up. I'm having the same problem - it needs fixed.