Dev Blog - Sith Triumvirate Raid Rewards - 4/2/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    I think Sith Raid is a precursor to G13 and level 90 etc. The Raid is supposed to be hard at current level 85/g12.

I don't think it's time to increase G13/ level 90/ 7 dots mods at least in next 6 months or so.

Restructuring sith raid rewards is a step in the right direction though.
  • jedilord
    338 posts Member
    Options
    many thanks for the upcoming changes.
    i really hope it will be a reward for the effort it takes, as you mentioned... tier5 needs several days to complete, and the rewards are all lower than a rancorraid that takes 5 minutes on autoplay
  • Options
    G13 may not be coming quite yet, but rather some of the three empty gear slots may be filled. Level cap is coming; there is no doubt about that. We just don't know when G13 and level 90 will hit.

I really hope they don't go 6 or 7 dot mods. That would make all the mods we all have been building up obsolete and make us have to farm/buy/upgrade new mods across the board. That would cause a lot of people to just push away from the holotable.
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Carrie By flattening the rewards aren’t people who have lost interest in the raid going to contribute even less? For example in t6 your top players may be doing 40-50million and the bottom people(who don’t care) could log in get 10k and get the same rewards as those who put in the time and effort to complete this.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    Like others have said, big shout out to MSF for getting the swgoh devs to communicate honestly with us!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Xerrath wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie By flattening the rewards aren’t people who have lost interest in the raid going to contribute even less? For example in t6 your top players may be doing 40-50million and the bottom people(who don’t care) could log in get 10k and get the same rewards as those who put in the time and effort to complete this.

The flattened the rewards of "random rewards" given in boxes. They increased the rewards of currencies that allow player to choose what they buy. Isn't that a good thing?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

The flattened the rewards of "random rewards" given in boxes. They increased the rewards of currencies that allow player to choose what they buy. Isn't that a good thing?
    I hope this increase (for the first five scores) is really big to serve as incentive for people to try to participate. Right now my guild is also suffering from a lot of people without interest in doing the new raid because of the time wasted on it plus weak rewards.

Post edited by KKatarn on
  • Options

The people who are going to basically just register for rewards because they've lost interest will remain the same. They will end up with more rewards now than before, but it's not a new incentive to not participate.
    Wrath wrote: »
    What’s my incentive to bust my butt on this sith raid if getting #1 gets the same gear as #50, I don’t give 2 craps about “extra currency”, I want that better gear! So I use my whole roster to take #1 and I get scraps and pieces, where as #50 thanks to CG’s wonderful RNG algorithm will give #50 6 fully crafted pieces. Horrible changes. No incentive to try hard

The extra currency = extra gear rewards. For quite some time, people have been clamoring for a "pick my reward" system, where they could get something they needed instead of something completely random. Well now we have two stores where all that gear is available -- Guild Store and Guild Event Store. The increased currency will act as a pick your own reward system, so you can get a lot more gear for top placement than for bottom.
  • Options
    G13 may not be coming quite yet, but rather some of the three empty gear slots may be filled. Level cap is coming; there is no doubt about that. We just don't know when G13 and level 90 will hit.

I really hope they don't go 6 or 7 dot mods. That would make all the mods we all have been building up obsolete and make us have to farm/buy/upgrade new mods across the board. That would cause a lot of people to just push away from the holotable.

7 dots mods are coming. I know some may say source, but I don't have the time to search and look this up, full-time student taking a break from school work atm. But I remember reading that level increase and 7 dots mods are coming eventually. Shouldn't be too hard for someone else to find the source. Ever since I read that, I stopped farming mods except for two days for Wampa. I would guess it would be this year, if not in a few months.
  • Options

This is a guild management issue, not a raid design problem. If your guild has people that basically do 0 damage, what's going to happen when you start the Heroic Sith? It takes the entire guild, not a few maxed dedicated players.

The majority of my guild contributes as much as they can for each raid, or needs to contribute.

That being said, I think of this raid as more of a chore, rather than looking forward to doing it each time. But I do it to the best of my rosters' ability.
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I here ya and I do agree there are people within my guild who’s lackluster performance has been noted by I would hate to see a system that on surface is far better being taken advantage of by those who have the potential for much more but only do the minimum for rewards

I am also curious to see thsee difference in currency rewards I am hoping the are substantial as to reward those top contributors
  • Options
    I like the idea of flattened rewards and more currency. The problem is WHEN?? Next week..next month... soon... One year from now From where I'm sitting not much has been done other than passing out some small gifts and a lot of talk.
  • Options
    I like the idea of flattened rewards and more currency. The problem is WHEN?? Next week..next month... soon... One year from now From where I'm sitting not much has been done other than passing out some small gifts and a lot of talk.

If you read the post, you might notice this is the second sentence: "We are implementing the rewards on the Sith Raid first in our upcoming hotfix update (slated for next week), . . ."
  • Options
    Yes I did read the post. Thank you, the point is I have read many things that are supposed to happen and never do
  • Xerrath
    177 posts Member
    Options
    So for mythic thrawn we usually have 3 tiers? our Phoenix vs Thrawn, anyone from your roster vs Thrawn and then would it be our empire(requiring event thrawn) vs mythic phoenix?

That’s what it sounds like which is wonderful for me since I run them in arena lol
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_Carrie Sorry if this has been addressed but I’m confused on the new rewards, particularly Traya shards. Are these “flattened” as well? Or will top ranks still get more shards?

Also follow up question, there seems to be a fairly high drop rate for fully crafted g12+ gear in the heroic Sith Raid. Will the changes be lowering this rate at all?
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    Yes I did read the post. Thank you, the point is I have read many things that are supposed to happen and never do

Probably best to reserve those sort of comments until after the promised time frame, otherwise it paints a unflattering picture where such comments make a user appear ill-informed, ignorant, or incapable of comprehension. It would be a valid comment after next week, but not at this juncture -- unless your motivation is solely to provoke a reaction or good old fashioned internet self-indulgence.

Basically, if they said next week, let's give them to the week after so they have the opportunity to fulfill and follow-through, ok?
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Banth wrote: »
    @CG_Carrie Sorry if this has been addressed but I’m confused on the new rewards, particularly Traya shards. Are these “flattened” as well? Or will top ranks still get more shards?

I infer from the FAQ at the end of the blog that the shards won't be flatted:
    Blog wrote:
    Q: By placing Top 3, I helped lead my guild to a Heroic victory and Darth Traya shards. Why aren’t I being more rewarded for my top position?
    A: Heroic raid rewards represent some of the most epic rewards in the endgame, and top performers will be handsomely rewarded across all categories. Some top ranks are now rewarded nearly double the guild & Guild Event Token currency. Future releases, and the unusually strong utility of raid characters (like Han Solo, General Kenobi, and Darth Traya) , will continue to reinforce that high-ranking players will still be rewarded for their standout performance.

Talking about the raid characters being a reward for the high-ranking players makes me assume they will still be rewarded more shards.

I did like how 4-50 were flattened for HAAT - it means the guild as a whole was making consistent progress, and the top players just got to GK faster.
  • Carrie
    122 posts Member
    Options
    Franimus wrote: »
    Did she just announce a new gear tier? She said something about new gear being in heroic only...
    No I didn't announce it. We will definitely make a bigger deal out of it when we do announce it's coming. The "when released" is meant to imply that new gear will start by coming into the Heroic.
    I also understand that there are concerns about how hard Heroic is now, but with all RPGs power increases over time. Many of you weren't able to beat Heroic AAT when it was first released and now have it on farm.
    And as with most new releases, it will start in a relatively exclusive place and then gradually broaden out to more areas of the game.
    Senior Producer, Galaxy of Heroes
  • Dagobond
    134 posts Member
    Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Many of you weren't able to beat Heroic AAT when it was first released and now have it on farm. And as with most new releases, it will start in a relatively exclusive place and then gradually broaden out to more areas of the game.

And that is a huge problem with the game design currently. New content should not be either designed for 1% of the population or made so inaccessible to the majority of the players that it fractures guilds as people either have to leave to find a guild which can handle the new content or accept they will just get smoked in every other aspect of the game such as arena when the 1% gets the latest overpowered character.

I work in user experience and one of the cardinal rules is that content should be designed for at least 80% of the users or it is a waste of resources. The latest release of this raid makes me question whether anyone at CG has a background in user experience since there is this idea that new content should be out of reach of practically all of your users for a long time. That doesn't seem like a sound design philosophy to me.

• Options
    Dagobond wrote: »
    Many of you weren't able to beat Heroic AAT when it was first released and now have it on farm. And as with most new releases, it will start in a relatively exclusive place and then gradually broaden out to more areas of the game.

And that is a huge problem with the game design currently. New content should not be either designed for 1% of the population or made so inaccessible to the majority of the players that it fractures guilds as people either have to leave to find a guild which can handle the new content or accept they will just get smoked in every other aspect of the game such as arena when the 1% gets the latest overpowered character.

I work in user experience and one of the cardinal rules is that content should be designed for at least 80% of the users or it is a waste of resources. The latest release of this raid makes me question whether anyone at CG has a background in user experience since there is this idea that new content should be out of reach of practically all of your users for a long time. That doesn't seem like a sound design philosophy to me.

Perhaps RPGs just aren't for you? The concept of endgame content with endgame gear is pretty universal to RPGs and lots of people like it that way. It gives you something to work towards.
  • Dagobond
    134 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps RPGs just aren't for you? The concept of endgame content with endgame gear is pretty universal to RPGs and lots of people like it that way. It gives you something to work towards.

Firstly Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes is NOT an RPG. It is a strategic/tactical mobile game. RPGs involve many other design elements which are completely absent from this game. So your assertion is unfounded and regardless if you were trained in user experience you would know that designing for such a small percentage of your users in any venue is ill advised.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options

By 1% you seem to be implying that HSTR is the only way you can play the content. It's a common game implemenation to have progressively difficult modes of play, and having unique rewards for beating the harder modes. This doesn't mean less developed or less skilled players cannot experience a specific game at all, they just need to play the mode best suited for them.
  • Options

Firstly Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes is NOT an RPG. It is a strategic/tactical mobile game. RPGs involve many other design elements which are completely absent from this game. So your assertion is unfounded and regardless if you were trained in user experience you would know that designing for such a small percentage of your users in any venue is ill advised.

So every MMO that has raids for endgame players has been doing it wrong all along. You should totally go tell Blizzard that they have been doing it wrong with WoW all along and I am sure they will hire you to fix it.

Sorry but designing content for endgame players is good for the game. It provides a goal for players and keeps them engaged with the game.
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options

Also follow up question, there seems to be a fairly high drop rate for fully crafted g12+ gear in the heroic Sith Raid. Will the changes be lowering this rate at all?

@CG_Carrie I’m concerned about the lack of answer.... please tell me the current heroic drop rates aren’t getting dropped
  • Options
    Jesus people, just read the post it's clearly not announcing next gear tier just saying what'll happen when it does come
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options

@CG_Carrie I’m concerned about the lack of answer.... please tell me the current heroic drop rates aren’t getting dropped

If you are referring to the Traya shards, bulleted items 1-3 are focused on gear and currency. The second list item specificly states that they are flattening gear. It makes no mention of shards. It's safe to assume that changes to shard drops are not in the changes because they were specifically excluded.
  • Options
    I really enjoy the game. Thank you for the crystals.

Will Aat and Rancor effectiveness and character synergy with unpopular characters be considered with updates to AAT, Rancor and introduction of new characters?

I have nostalgia for characters such as Kit Fisto, grievous, CUP, mob enforcer.
  • Dztn
    48 posts Member
    Options
    I think it will split the community, if only the 1% domintating with that gear the arena. We will see when it comes to the time. Maybe they do it available for all players before it comes to this point. And there is Traya ... and i think she will have a huge impact or unfluence at this point for the arena. To balance PVP/PVE was in every game and act of futility. I hope they don't open the scissor to large. -