Game Changers Videos [MERGE]

124Next

Replies

• The "twitch" thing is different to the Youtube video thing, right?

Two separate issues.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    The "twitch" thing is different to the Youtube video thing, right?

Two separate issues.

No, I get it now. They are both, technically, Game Changer "sources". And they are both horrible ways to pass along information. So similar enough to be in one thread.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Why did all of this get merged together? Some of it was from a thread in regards to the YouTube videos, some from a thread about the Twitch "thing" (which is a different complaint), some was a discussion about mod management and some yet another thread thrown in was about communication with a staff shortage.

At least try to be discerning before you throw everything together in ways that don't make any sense. :/

It was only 2 threads and they each had those elements already in them. The goal was to get all the feedback about the "way things are going" in one place. Both threads were about the gamechangers putting out information in video form.

Fair enough. Sorry - I didn't realize the Twitch feed was actually an official Game Changer. It seemed far less...."official" than some of the other videos (not that any of them are a good way of communicating information).

Carry on.

Yeah it is "official". And dont worry, this sentiment has been conveyed along with links to other posts with feedback about this "trend" of that is what it is becoming.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Kreontas wrote: »
    There is a YouTube video with the interview https://youtu.be/xmegRzc3-SE
    They probably messed up and linked his livestream instead of the actual video with devs...

I really do not understand why do they do video with nothing to show except for their face :/ i’d Rather read
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Each to their own isn't it.

If you don't like then don't watch.

That's fine, and I agree...as long as all the information is also available via forum post / written word. If there's information I have to watch a video in order to get, that's a bad move.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    They probably messed up and linked his livestream instead of the actual video with devs...

I really do not understand why do they do video with nothing to show except for their face :/ i’d Rather read

Because none of this is coming out tomorrow.

There'll be actual dev posts when stuff is prepping for release. But, for now, it's all hype to get people excited--which isn't bad or nefarious, to be clear. An excited playerbase is a good thing.

I'm a crusty old man who doesn't want to listen to YouTubers or Twitch streamers. But there's a lot of people out there who will watch these things and all their jump cuts and Wacky Morning DJ Personalities and enjoy it. *shrugs* Different strokes for different folks.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Because none of this is coming out tomorrow.

There'll be actual dev posts when stuff is prepping for release. But, for now, it's all hype to get people excited--which isn't bad or nefarious, to be clear. An excited playerbase is a good thing.

I'm a crusty old man who doesn't want to listen to YouTubers or Twitch streamers. But there's a lot of people out there who will watch these things and all their jump cuts and Wacky Morning DJ Personalities and enjoy it. *shrugs* Different strokes for different folks.

Haha.
    we can have it all!
    The YouTube’s the twitches
    and for someone like me that never has any sound come out of my phone the forums!
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    So specific to this video, there was absolutely no new information provided in the sea of garbage, right? Because the Game Changer video interview with Carrie and Tophat of ~1 week ago already said that there would be a different energy for Ship PvE. So if that's all the new information provided anyway, then the video gave nothing.
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    While I do watch some gamechanger videos now and then, if really prefer to see updates here on the forums and analysis from the gamechangers. So, in the 3 videos shown in game so far, I'd post information about Bossk, mod management, and fleet updates in here, and use the interviews to give details and do a q&a. Releasing information via gamechanger video isn't something I'd like to see.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Goodgil wrote: »
    . Releasing information via gamechanger video isn't something I'd like to see.

+ Eleventy Quaty Bajillion
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    While I do watch some gamechanger videos now and then, if really prefer to see updates here on the forums and analysis from the gamechangers. So, in the 3 videos shown in game so far, I'd post information about Bossk, mod management, and fleet updates in here, and use the interviews to give details and do a q&a. Releasing information via gamechanger video isn't something I'd like to see.

Figure it this way. A thing will be released in a month. We’ll get hard info and a dev post abou it in three weeks. We get hype videos and game changer stuff now.

The game changer stuff is vague because things are still in flux. They’re doing this because people were getting mad about the old way, which was basically the same—except for the game changers.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    NicWester wrote: »

Figure it this way. A thing will be released in a month. We’ll get hard info and a dev post abou it in three weeks. We get hype videos and game changer stuff now.

The game changer stuff is vague because things are still in flux. They’re doing this because people were getting mad about the old way, which was basically the same—except for the game changers.

One of the issues with this methodology is that one aspect of the Game Changer stuff that is vague it the timeline. So if an update drops later this week and only has BH rework and Bossk information, people are going to be screaming about "Where are the ships?!?" or "When is Talzin going to be farmable?!"

Increasing people's hype (i.e. expectations) without providing anything substantive is going to lead to a higher level of frustration, not lower. The way to actually make players happy is to provide clear and consistent communication - not vague hype through inefficient channels.

But then again, many of us have been banging this drum for 2+ years - and players like Qeltar and Telaan long before us. But I, like those before me, am a slow learner. With a dash of optimism and naivete thrown in... I keep hoping they'll listen.

• Strubz
    429 posts Member
    You should all remember that Star Wars doesn't cater to a specific demographic (which is a good thing). So many people of various ages and backgrounds enjoy Star Wars and have different preferences on how to receive information. Some people like detailed posts, some like videos, some like live-streams or social media platforms, etc. It's not (always) a bad thing to have information available in a variety of ways.

Although I prefer text, it was enjoyable to put a voice to the people behind the game and listen to the videos. It wasn't new information but it was presented in a more human way. Maybe that does something for you, maybe it doesn't. You'll always have people that are willing to write up a summary of videos anyways.
  • TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Strubz wrote: »
    You should all remember that Star Wars doesn't cater to a specific demographic (which is a good thing). So many people of various ages and backgrounds enjoy Star Wars and have different preferences on how to receive information. Some people like detailed posts, some like videos, some like live-streams or social media platforms, etc. It's not (always) a bad thing to have information available in a variety of ways.

Again, my only complaint will be if I have to watch a video to get information. If it's duplicating written info, that's fine.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    I'm digging all the communication lately.
    But... Why no Dev Blog on the Mod info and incoming Ships changes?
    I'll watch a GC video every now and then... but for big changes coming to the game, I'd much prefer a concise blog from a Dev than a two hour long twitch stream. Can a brother get a written word on these things?
  • Goodgil
    349 posts Member
    Strubz wrote: »

Although I prefer text, it was enjoyable to put a voice to the people behind the game and listen to the videos. It wasn't new information but it was presented in a more human way. Maybe that does something for you, maybe it doesn't. You'll always have people that are willing to write up a summary of videos anyways.

I agree, and I feel the same. I watch Ahnoldt101, Cubsfanhan, and crazy excuses, but even I find it a bit weird that people who don't like to watch videos had to wait (or force through a video) for the bossk news.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Shockingly, in none of the videos did anyone say "Oh yeah, and we're going to nerf the bejeesus out of the Heroic Sith rewards."

You buried the lead.

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    You buried the lead.

Lede.

Just saying.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    You buried the lead.

Lede.

Just saying.

Good point. Sorry - not a journalist. :D

• TVF
    36489 posts Member
    Sorry, I married one!
  • TVF wrote: »
    Sorry, I married one!

Does she work for CNN? :^)
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno I thought you were saying that being a woman down in the office, meaning, you are a woman in the office... so I was confused by what you meant.

Reading it in context of being without Kozi in the office; it changes the whole conversation.

Yes, I apologize for any confusion.

I had the same reading as Kvo and Captain Rex. Was surprised to see it from you, Kyno, which is why I commented on it. Thanks for clarifying.
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Love the Game Changers, but I wish they would publish a post when they do these types of interviews. Time is precious, and I can read MUCH faster than watch a video.

They publish a post on YouTube, you can subscribe to their channel and get alerts when they post something.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • TVF wrote: »
    Each to their own isn't it.

If you don't like then don't watch.

That's fine, and I agree...as long as all the information is also available via forum post / written word. If there's information I have to watch a video in order to get, that's a bad move.

This. There are plenty of people out there who hate reading. When I post new character kits in Discord, I always get requests to post the YT videos.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).