Content Update 4/11/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Pseudot
    102 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Maegor wrote: »
    And you just need to keep reading that old thread some more.
    @CG_RyDiggs when can we expect a new raid?

Seriously?

Seriously

Lol sure.

@TVF

8AWoLTf.png

144.6M GP, no cheese since the patch hit with about 2% left in p2. Lots of guilds are about to start beating it.

You've misunderstood my post. I wasn't saying you couldn't do heroic, I know nothing about you. I was saying it's ridiculous to ask for yet another new raid already.

@Maegor I love how long you've held on to something you were clearly wrong about.

Just so you know TVF, if he's so clearly wrong, why do 90% of the posters on here agree with him and a good deal probably just feel that you are trolling since your posts are so unbelievably ridiculous
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Jeric wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    You know what I say we do!

I say we form an angry mob and storm EA headquarters. I have a pitchfork and torch for everyone!

Or better yet, let’s all make angry, uncivil posts on the forum. Let’s defintely not wait to see how this pans out, our use respectful language. I mean we are talking about a mobile game here, this isn’t some trivial matter like the Syrian civil war or something. EA must know of our wrath!!!! We will not sit idly by while such injustice is being perpetrated. Who’s with me!?!?!?

You're right - posting pics of previous raid rewards and comparing them to the current nerfed version (across multiple placement finishes) is outrageous. As is figuring out that the difference in shop currency doesn't come close to balancing the amount of g12 gear removed from the rewards.

Or maybe we can simply express negative feedback based on actions that significantly reduce the rewards for one of the most difficult aspects of the game.

But feel free to keep shill-trolling.

Negative feedback is fine. I just think the overreactions (IM GUNNA GO PLAY STRIKE FORCE INSTEAD) are hilarious. And I just think a few pics from a single raid aren't enough of a sample size to draw conclusions from.

With that said, Carrie has now said they're looking into it.

@TVF I've seen more than enough of the rewards to be statistically significant under a normal distribution. Also, I'm the same person that told you guilds were about to start beating the heroic raid en masse a few weeks ago, and you didn't believe me then either.

One has nothing to do with the other but congratulations about the heroic raid. A link would be helpful as that doesn't even sound right.

As for statistically significant, how much data have you collected?

@TVF you only need 30 samples to be significant under the central limit theorem. I've seen about 40 so far. 3 full pieces, 1 of those being a cuff.

here's the links:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1493153/#Comment_1493153
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1494218/#Comment_1494218

Doesn't it still have to be a simple random sample? ;)

They are still simple random samples, since all the boxes are the same now.

And more guilds are completing and posting rewards. Same thing being shown.

Simple random samples include volunteered and solicited data sets? ;)
  • TVF
    36621 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Pseudot wrote: »
    And you just need to keep reading that old thread some more.
    @CG_RyDiggs when can we expect a new raid?

Seriously?

Seriously

Lol sure.

@TVF

8AWoLTf.png

144.6M GP, no cheese since the patch hit with about 2% left in p2. Lots of guilds are about to start beating it.

You've misunderstood my post. I wasn't saying you couldn't do heroic, I know nothing about you. I was saying it's ridiculous to ask for yet another new raid already.

@Maegor I love how long you've held on to something you were clearly wrong about.

Just so you know TVF, if he's so clearly wrong, why do 90% of the posters on here agree with him and a good deal probably just feel that you are trolling since your posts are so unbelievably ridiculous

You are talking about a completely different conversation than I am. He said I denied that guilds would be beating heroic soon, and posted links to the thread where I supposedly said that. I quoted myself from that other thread showing that he was wrong.

Just so you know.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I am in the minority but the new rewards greatly helps the smaller guilds that can only do the T4. However, they should have kept the Heroic rewards the same.

You're not in the minority - I think most of us would agree with that sentiment. I strongly agree that the lower rewards were bad and needed to be improved.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Who’s responsible for your business model? This is horrible.
  • Options
    For T5, we seem to be looking at roughly a 25% improvement in currency with some flattening (ie worse for top-3, better for 11-50) of gear.

Even at T5, it's a huge effort for a guild with quite a lot of GP to complete the raid. The rewards are still nowhere near satisfactory given that effort. Increasing them with 250% instead of 25% would probably me more fitting given the effort involved.
  • Options
    R0n_Sn0w wrote: »
    image.png

This is disgustingly low compared to what it was earlier. It feels like a massive setback to the heroic guilds.

What you should be paying attention to is the 3700 guild currency you got, which is insane. They're basically giving you the choice on what gear you want, rather than a random drop
  • Options
    A lot of people here are arguing whether or not these rewards constitute a good sample… Does it matter? Let’s assume that they are the low end of what is possible. They are still ridiculous (without drastic store content and price changes). I just got better rewards from a hAAT that took less than an hour. (CG please don’t take this as a suggestion that hAAT rewards need to be nerfed too)
  • Options
    Really?

image-1.png

Thanks for the help, Devs.
  • Options
    Kyleslater wrote: »

Edit: I understand t5/6 were improved. That’s a good thing. But it’s too much of a nerf to heroic
    jedilord wrote: »
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Also of note, those that are on TIV-VI should be happy, and as those individuals haven't started the HSTR, their disappointment will be mitigated. This was a decent long term stategy for the company.

As someone not on heroic, my rewards look like they will be better, and I have agency thanks to the increase in currency.

The currency does not offset the nerf of the rewards.

I was speaking on Tier IV-VI

The rewards are better.

no they are not, we are playing tier5

http://i.imgur.com/Zf99QU7.jpg

Looks better to me.

take a closer look, please...
    place1: only one box... they have taken the other box: and give instead only 200 ge-token more and only 1450 guild-token more!

200 ge-token -> you need 2 raids for 5 pieces of g12^^
    1450 guild-token -> you can buy 15dengar shards ... woooohoooo awful awful!

they have said, "Special attention has been paid to increasing the rewards to better fit the difficulty of the Sith Raid Tiers 5 & 6 for the population of guilds currently running those Tiers, and to rewarding guilds for "moving up" to, and performing well in, those challenging Tiers."

with only one box, that drops worse gear than a rancorraid??? and some tiny token more?? that is ridiculing that is
  • Options
    If this is not changed back, I might be done with the game. To put all that time and effort to get to heroic and now this? Just super disappointing.
  • Options
    @Tuftedpaper85 they took away full gear pieces (sometimes multiple). 3700 guild currency can't buy that.
  • Options
    Well, since it's been 2 hours, and devs still haven't issued a response, it's obvious that the HUGE nerf to Sith Raid rewards was something they fully intended.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    image.png

This is disgustingly low compared to what it was earlier. It feels like a massive setback to the heroic guilds.

What you should be paying attention to is the 3700 guild currency you got, which is insane. They're basically giving you the choice on what gear you want, rather than a random drop

Lemme know when I can buy G12 salvage with regular ol' guild currency
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    CptCheez wrote: »
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    Ground War:

[*] Changed event allowed units to: Jedi, Ewoks, Ugnaught (was: Resistance, Ewoks, Ugnaught)

[*] Context: We are making this change because in each of the other Assault Battles there is a faction which makes sense from a lore perspective and a faction which is just for fun/challenge. Ground War was an outlier by asking users to bring the Resistance to battle Separatists.

How does this make any kind of sense? Ground War still IS an outlier by asking users to bring Ewoks to battle Separatists. When did that ever happen from a lore perspective? If anything, it should be Jedi and Clone Troopers.

We all know that you removed Resistance from this event because people were beating it too easily. At least just be honest with us and say that outright. "Look guys, this is supposed to be End Game REALLY hard content and Resistance makes it too easy". We'd swallow that more easily than this kitten "lore" excuse.

Nightsisters and Phoenix to battle sith makes no sense at all, but somehow they kept it, so I think you're right that this was why they changed it
  • Options
    image.png

@Tuftedpaper85 Guild currency doesn’t replace The lack of G12 drops. If guild EVENTS currency was 3500 then that would be a different story.
  • Options
    image.png

You can’t buy G12 gear with guild currency.........which is kinda the point I think most people are getting at. Can only buy G11 gear used to reach G12. So the choice is much smaller than you are getting at.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    image.png

FYI - the 3700 is only about 1k more than pre-nerf (so no, 25% increase is not "insane"). That's enough to buy 15 salvage. Previous rewards included far more salvage and a much higher probability of a full g12 drop. So in the long run, the current rewards are much worse.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    image.png

Are you joking ?
    I can't even buy G12 pieces with this currency.
    Even if there was g12 pieces there, tell me how much currency would I need to get 4 g12 complete pieces as I got in our last 2 raids.
    Scr*w this and CG once again.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    **** those were some sweet rewards, how the heck do people complete Heroic tier Sith raid? My guild is all level 85 but even tier IV (intended for level 70 it says) takes forever for us to complete. Don't think we would be able to finish heroic.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    'member how when Ground War started, and everyone knew it was a blatant forcing of farming Resistance and Ewoks?

The North Remembers.

TuKf61l.jpg

• RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Options
    As a leader who's guild just got heroic on farm, this is very disappointing. Kind of deflating after the time and effort we put in to enjoy the once great rewards.

I understand the rewards were too good prior, but these are just a major let down. I'll be taking my 0s too, as Bones mentioned earlier. Not worth the time anymore.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Options
    Remember when they said in the Q&A that they thought players would like the changes?
  • Options
    image.png

You mean getting the best character (their words) in game isnt enough for you?
  • Options
    Guild currency is a joke, they need to fire someone over this. I won’t spend a dime on this game with the way they continue to screw the player base over.
  • TVF
    36621 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Well, since it's been 2 hours, and devs still haven't issued a response, it's obvious that the HUGE nerf to Sith Raid rewards was something they fully intended.

Lol.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1519423#Comment_1519423
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Hey guys - we are looking into this right now. Response from someone on the team incoming.

This is what I mean when I talk about ridiculous overreactions.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    image.png

Lemme know when I can buy G12 salvage with regular ol' guild currency
    Darsid238 wrote: »
    image.png

@Tuftedpaper85 Guild currency doesn’t replace The lack of G12 drops. If guild EVENTS currency was 3500 then that would be a different story.
    nfsseb1978 wrote: »
    image.png

You can’t buy G12 gear with guild currency.........which is kinda the point I think most people are getting at. Can only buy G11 gear used to reach G12. So the choice is much smaller than you are getting at.

You can't buy gear 12 gear, but you can buy gear to get characters to gear 12, which is a huge bottleneck. The 3700 currency helps out a lot.
  • Options
    Corrog wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I don't think this is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I haven't seen any challenge gear in those pictures, and we don't have enough finished raids for statistical relevance. It's quite possibly bad luck.

Not to mention the fact that the increased currency is supposed to offset the loss in gear. There will be changes in the coming weeks to guild store and guild event store, to help offset the change for top players. In my opinion, that's a great change I'm looking forward to.

People need to calm down.

tenor.png
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options
    image.png

That makes no sense. If you doubled 3700 it still wouldn’t come close to covering the difference in what was lost. That’s what they wanted you to look at and be happy with but if you just actually look at what was lost and think about it for two seconds you’ll see that 3700 is a drop in the bucket when compared to what was taken away.