Content Update 4/11/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    You know what I say we do!

I say we form an angry mob and storm EA headquarters. I have a pitchfork and torch for everyone!

Or better yet, let’s all make angry, uncivil posts on the forum. Let’s defintely not wait to see how this pans out, our use respectful language. I mean we are talking about a mobile game here, this isn’t some trivial matter like the Syrian civil war or something. EA must know of our wrath!!!! We will not sit idly by while such injustice is being perpetrated. Who’s with me!?!?!?

You're right - posting pics of previous raid rewards and comparing them to the current nerfed version (across multiple placement finishes) is outrageous. As is figuring out that the difference in shop currency doesn't come close to balancing the amount of g12 gear removed from the rewards.

Or maybe we can simply express negative feedback based on actions that significantly reduce the rewards for one of the most difficult aspects of the game.

But feel free to keep shill-trolling.

Negative feedback is fine. I just think the overreactions (IM GUNNA GO PLAY STRIKE FORCE INSTEAD and YOU BETTER FIX THIS OR ITS ALL OVER FOR CG) are hilarious. And I just think a few pics from a single raid aren't enough of a sample size to draw conclusions from.

With that said, Carrie has now said they're looking into it.

Have You even finished heroic. If not you are clueless. This is the worst nerf I may have seen I've seen in 15 years of gaming.
  • Options
    Got to say these are pretty poor rewards really. Removes all the excitement of actually completing it now....
  • Options
    Did anyone actually read the notes?
    NOTE: With the flattening of raid rewards, top ranking players (particularly in the Heroic) may see lower drop rates of fully crafted gear pieces, and (for some ranks) lower aggregate numbers of direct gear salvage drops. This has been offset by several factors, including:
    Increase in quality of complete piece AND salvage drops
    Higher payout of Guild Event Tokens and Guild Currency
    We are closely monitoring the ability of the current Stores to effectively sink this currency on the gear and shards players need. In the coming weeks, we will be significantly expanding these stores to provide what players need the most, and with more convenience.
    Greater benefit for the overall guild - this will correspond quickly to your guild’s ability to complete raids faster / with less difficulty.

I know everyone will still moan and complain but maybe wait until you've done more than one raid to see the full effects, and also wait to see what the store changes are?

Hahahahaha, I'm being ridiculous now.

I think the issue is the sheer amount of gear that has been removed.
  • Options
    MCThr33pio wrote: »
    I'm just seeing people being sad they're earning shards to unlock Traya? Wow, sorry guys. That is a bummer.

That said, I think by this point in the game, the extra currencies you're earning are meant to buy you the upper tier gear you want and need - meaning you get to choose and not wait for it to randomly appear next raid hopefully - and the raids are to earn that currency, and to help gear other toons and factions up on the side while you do that.

It's just terrible. The horror.

But the extra currencies don’t even come close to matching what we lost. I mean even 1/4 of the currency lost in gear drops would probably be tolerable.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    ndwilson wrote: »
    NOTE: With the flattening of raid rewards, top ranking players (particularly in the Heroic) may see lower drop rates of fully crafted gear pieces, and (for some ranks) lower aggregate numbers of direct gear salvage drops. This has been offset by several factors, including:
    We are closely monitoring the ability of the current Stores to effectively sink this currency on the gear and shards players need. In the coming weeks, we will be significantly expanding these stores to provide what players need the most, and with more convenience.
    Greater benefit for the overall guild - this will correspond quickly to your guild’s ability to complete raids faster / with less difficulty.

I know everyone will still moan and complain but maybe wait until you've done more than one raid to see the full effects, and also wait to see what the store changes are?

Get out of here with your logic and reason. This is the internet, there's no place for that here!

That's not logic and reason. It's pure kitten.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Darth_Julienus1
    394 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    What happened? Whales and whales guilds account for the majority of the game's revenues. CG got feedbacks from the unhappy whales community that too many non-whale guilds could now finish heroic and in addition were getting great g12 pieces. What does CG do? Nerf the rewards now that many more guilds can clear Heroic.
  • Options
    I'm just seeing people being sad they're earning shards to unlock Traya? Wow, sorry guys. That is a bummer.

That said, I think by this point in the game, the extra currencies you're earning are meant to buy you the upper tier gear you want and need - meaning you get to choose and not wait for it to randomly appear next raid hopefully - and the raids are to earn that currency, and to help gear other toons and factions up on the side while you do that.

Spoken like someone that's not participating in a hsith raid, gear is more important all traya shards are going to get you is another toon to spend gear on. I personally dont even care about traya i just want the gear for the toons i care about.

• Options
    Turasleon wrote: »

I think the issue is the sheer amount of gear that has been removed.

The sheer amount AND quality have been drastically reduced, even on the lowest end of the scale (50th place)
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    ndwilson wrote: »

Get out of here with your logic and reason. This is the internet, there's no place for that here!

That's not logic and reason. It's pure kitten.
    Hahahahaha
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options

As for statistically significant, how much data have you collected?

What would be sufficient for you before we complain? 2 raids? 10? Early complaining bird gets the reversal worm. Mixed metaphors are the only response here. You're fine with these Heroic rewards, good for you. For those of us actually DOING the heroic STR after all the effort/time/money we've put into it... these are objectively not good. We don't need a larger sample size to see the HUGELY negative difference here.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Jeric wrote: »
    Maegor wrote: »
    To everybody doing T6 and below:

1) Everybody in the community thought the rewards should be increased for those tiers. I still think the HP is too high in those tiers by at least 33%.

2) If you have no experience in seeing the old heroic rewards, then you really shouldn't comment on the new heroic rewards. It makes you seem ignorant.

Well, they are looking into the heroic rewards.

In the interim, my guild has expressed approval for the increase in the Tier V rewards so thank you @CG_Carrie for meeting the expectation you set previously to those players still building toward Heroic.

...except that now, once you get there, the rewards aren't worth it. :D
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Why not use Clones and Jedi in ground wars? Makes more sense than Ewoks unless they migrated to Geonosis
  • DropItLikeItHoth
    140 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    So I don’t know if I even have the energy left to give a well thought out and reasonable response to this. This is your way of slowing down player progression to the pace your accountants dictate. You knew you couldn’t nerf a character mechanic again due to the STHan fiasco so your only recourse was to nerf the rewards and slow progression this way. Bravo. I would say it’s unbelievable, but it really isn’t. Over the last 2+ years I’ve played this game you have always managed to one up yourselves. Congrats. You did it again. Good thing you gave all those GameChangers and Twitch players the extra subs this week. You will need them to help you put out this dumpster fire.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »

What would be sufficient for you before we complain? 2 raids? 10? Early complaining bird gets the reversal worm. Mixed metaphors are the only response here. You're fine with these Heroic rewards, good for you. For those of us actually DOING the heroic STR after all the effort/time/money we've put into it... these are objectively not good. We don't need a larger sample size to see the HUGELY negative difference here.

That's now how statistics work but ok you enjoy your rage.
  • Options
    Kodimus wrote: »
    You guys are missing the fact you can buy the salvage you want with the extra guild tokens/event tokens.

Please, do the math. That first place finish, has ALMOST enough to buy 50 pieces of the purple G11 gear (mk 6 callers, mk 4 bacta, etc.) - However, when compared to what the number was before, it's enough to buy 2 extra drops. We were getting more drops of HIGHER quantities. Granted, some of it would not be useful, but at least the CHANCE was there.

They explicitly say "full gear drops will be lower, but when fully crafted gear does drop, it will be of higher quality." Here, we have anecdotal evidence of fully crafted gear going the way of 7 drops of mk 3 carbantis in the daily challenges.
  • Broxxor
    595 posts Member
    Options

Your sarcasm aside, it IS terrible.

I'm assuming you're not in the place of the game where this is a worry to you - so I'll spell it out:

Currency to buy the G12 gear is EXTREMELY LIMITED. It's not able to be truly farmed or purchased, so you rely on guild events to get it and it comes VERY sparse.

Unless the prices for the gear (currently 400 tokens for 5 salvage) were to drop significantly, the scant increase in currency achieved for higher raid placements does NOTHING to net you "more salvage" (at least - not in relation to what you were getting). At best, you're looking at an additional 5 salvage pieces of an item of your choice per raid. At worst (rank 50) - you're actually losing out on currency and get less along with your garbage rewards.

People who have the Heroic Raid on farm are losing MUCH MUCH MUCH more than that via rewards.

So your comment comes from a place of ignorance - because you're not at that spot yet. Which is fine - and I'm politely explaining why it's incorrect.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options

I say we form an angry mob and storm EA headquarters. I have a pitchfork and torch for everyone!

Or better yet, let’s all make angry, uncivil posts on the forum. Let’s defintely not wait to see how this pans out, our use respectful language. I mean we are talking about a mobile game here, this isn’t some trivial matter like the Syrian civil war or something. EA must know of our wrath!!!! We will not sit idly by while such injustice is being perpetrated. Who’s with me!?!?!?

You're right - posting pics of previous raid rewards and comparing them to the current nerfed version (across multiple placement finishes) is outrageous. As is figuring out that the difference in shop currency doesn't come close to balancing the amount of g12 gear removed from the rewards.

Or maybe we can simply express negative feedback based on actions that significantly reduce the rewards for one of the most difficult aspects of the game.

Negative feedback is fine. I just think the overreactions (IM GUNNA GO PLAY STRIKE FORCE INSTEAD) are hilarious. And I just think a few pics from a single raid aren't enough of a sample size to draw conclusions from.

@TVF I've seen more than enough of the rewards to be statistically significant under a normal distribution. Also, I'm the same person that told you guilds were about to start beating the heroic raid en masse a few weeks ago, and you didn't believe me then either.

One has nothing to do with the other but congratulations about the heroic raid. A link would be helpful as that doesn't even sound right.

@TVF you only need 30 samples to be significant under the central limit theorem. I've seen about 40 so far. 3 full pieces, 1 of those being a cuff.

here's the links:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1493153/#Comment_1493153
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1494218/#Comment_1494218
  • Options

Have you ever got sith heroic rewards ?
    It seems like you didn't. I advise you look for more informations before making fun of the situation.

• Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    I think this was the update meant for 4/1 not 4/11
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Hey guys - we are looking into this right now. Response from someone on the team incoming.

No one asked for the change. Just revert it and we might forget this ever happened. I’m 99% sure that this was fully intentional though and probably won’t be reverted. I asked the devs in a Q and A specifically if we’d be keeping the good fully crafted drop rate or if it would get nerfed to insignificance and they ignored my question and answered the questions before and after mine. They know exactly what they’re doing. And it’s wrong.
  • Options

I guess you just like getting shafted
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    What a joke. What a complete joke this has to be. Take it back. Lower the guild currency, keep the darn differences in rank rewards, I don’t care, but give back the rewards we used to have. I don’t get why you’d do that..
  • Options
    So straight up lies are what they are feeding us now and claiming it's an improvement. Nerf things into the ground and tell us how it's substantially better. What a joke
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options

You know what? I think I enjoy you less than the nerfed rewards. Congrats! :D
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Negative feedback is fine. I just think the overreactions (IM GUNNA GO PLAY STRIKE FORCE INSTEAD) are hilarious. And I just think a few pics from a single raid aren't enough of a sample size to draw conclusions from.

@TVF I've seen more than enough of the rewards to be statistically significant under a normal distribution. Also, I'm the same person that told you guilds were about to start beating the heroic raid en masse a few weeks ago, and you didn't believe me then either.

One has nothing to do with the other but congratulations about the heroic raid. A link would be helpful as that doesn't even sound right.

@TVF you only need 30 samples to be significant under the central limit theorem.

Ha sure.

Beyond that, have you seen 30 raids?

As I thought, nowhere in there did I say anything about teams not being able to complete heroic. I said it's silly to already ask for yet another raid. And it's still silly.
  • Mr_Green
    93 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

The dumbest comment I’ve seen here , and I’ve seen a few, I used to get 2 full G12 pieces and 1 G11 piece every Sith raid and now I’ve seen this kitten, if your guild can’t beat HSith boohoo don’t come here and cry over others who have made efforts to build their squads enough to beat it.

And we expect the rewards that we deserve,
  • Options
    the loot change is terrible!
  • Putnam
    194 posts Member
    Options
    Huge nerf.
  • Options
    Can someone show before and after shots for comparison.