Content Update 4/11/2018 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    R0n_Sn0w wrote: »
    image.png

This is disgustingly low compared to what it was earlier. It feels like a massive setback to the heroic guilds.
    Where did all the G12 rewards go?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    You know what I say we do!

I say we form an angry mob and storm EA headquarters. I have a pitchfork and torch for everyone!

Or better yet, let’s all make angry, uncivil posts on the forum. Let’s defintely not wait to see how this pans out, our use respectful language. I mean we are talking about a mobile game here, this isn’t some trivial matter like the Syrian civil war or something. EA must know of our wrath!!!! We will not sit idly by while such injustice is being perpetrated. Who’s with me!?!?!?

You're right - posting pics of previous raid rewards and comparing them to the current nerfed version (across multiple placement finishes) is outrageous. As is figuring out that the difference in shop currency doesn't come close to balancing the amount of g12 gear removed from the rewards.

Or maybe we can simply express negative feedback based on actions that significantly reduce the rewards for one of the most difficult aspects of the game.

But feel free to keep shill-trolling.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I heard someone actually got 8 cuff salvage for first place in heroic Sith! Man, I could really use that. Guess I’ll spend lots of money to try to improve my roster so I can get first from now on!
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Did anyone actually read the notes?

NOTE: With the flattening of raid rewards, top ranking players (particularly in the Heroic) may see lower drop rates of fully crafted gear pieces, and (for some ranks) lower aggregate numbers of direct gear salvage drops. This has been offset by several factors, including:
    Increase in quality of complete piece AND salvage drops
    Higher payout of Guild Event Tokens and Guild Currency
    We are closely monitoring the ability of the current Stores to effectively sink this currency on the gear and shards players need. In the coming weeks, we will be significantly expanding these stores to provide what players need the most, and with more convenience.
    Greater benefit for the overall guild - this will correspond quickly to your guild’s ability to complete raids faster / with less difficulty.

I know everyone will still moan and complain but maybe wait until you've done more than one raid to see the full effects, and also wait to see what the store changes are?

Hahahahaha, I'm being ridiculous now.

Read the notes... Look at that bolded bit there where they talk about how they're making rewards worse on purpose. So essentially, they removed challenge gear and halved the other rewards. Thanks?
    Again, the increase in currency doesn't offset the loss of gear. What? Are you expecting them to LOWER prices in a store? And if by some miracle they are... it would have made a lot more sense to coincide these changes to mitigate the fury of the forums.
    In all the pics posted so far (ranked all over the map - I've seen 20+unique images between here and discord) there hasn't been a single full piece dropped. Hugely disappointing.

And real quick, this bit:
    Greater benefit for the overall guild - this will correspond quickly to your guild’s ability to complete raids faster / with less difficulty.
    How? Honestly? Nerfing rewards helps... how?
  • Options
    This new Sith raid rewards are an complete insult to all dedicated players here.... thanks a lot .... now we finally can play Sith T1 .... T7 isn’t worth the effort ...
  • Options
    What a horrible nerf to the Sith rewards.
    No one is happy about it.
    Disappointed on this.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Jeric wrote: »
    Also of note, those that are on TIV-VI should be happy, and as those individuals haven't started the HSTR, their disappointment will be mitigated. This was a decent long term stategy for the company.

As someone not on heroic, my rewards look like they will be better, and I have agency thanks to the increase in currency.

The currency does not offset the nerf of the rewards.

I was speaking on Tier IV-VI

The rewards are better.
  • Options
    FOE 8 cantina energy farm!
    a surprise to be sure,but a welcome one
  • Options
    Hey Devs, thanks for once again doing everything in your power to do what is NOT BEST for your players. You tell us you want to fix our raid rewards and then you go and ruin them. Way to go...
  • Options
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Hey guys - we are looking into this right now. Response from someone on the team incoming.

You better HURRY !

This whole situation is insanely outrageous.
    Every single time we hope for something good from your side you manage to screw it.
    Now this is a MAJOR screw up.
    Revert immediately the rewards scheme and maybe, maybe you have a chance to get away with this.

• Options
    I know there was a detailed post about the intentions of the raid rewards changes. Specifically this part:

"Increase in quality of complete piece AND salvage drops"

I'm not going to re hash the screenshots every one else posted, but please add some clarification as to what the intention is here, or if this was a mistake.

Thanks.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I say we form an angry mob and storm EA headquarters. I have a pitchfork and torch for everyone!

Or better yet, let’s all make angry, uncivil posts on the forum. Let’s defintely not wait to see how this pans out, our use respectful language. I mean we are talking about a mobile game here, this isn’t some trivial matter like the Syrian civil war or something. EA must know of our wrath!!!! We will not sit idly by while such injustice is being perpetrated. Who’s with me!?!?!?

You're right - posting pics of previous raid rewards and comparing them to the current nerfed version (across multiple placement finishes) is outrageous. As is figuring out that the difference in shop currency doesn't come close to balancing the amount of g12 gear removed from the rewards.

Or maybe we can simply express negative feedback based on actions that significantly reduce the rewards for one of the most difficult aspects of the game.

Negative feedback is fine. I just think the overreactions (IM GUNNA GO PLAY STRIKE FORCE INSTEAD and YOU BETTER FIX THIS OR ITS ALL OVER FOR CG) are hilarious. And I just think a few pics from a single raid aren't enough of a sample size to draw conclusions from.

With that said, Carrie has now said they're looking into it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    To everybody doing T6 and below:

1) Everybody in the community thought the rewards should be increased for those tiers. I still think the HP is too high in those tiers by at least 33%.

2) If you have no experience in seeing the old heroic rewards, then you really shouldn't comment on the new heroic rewards. It makes you seem ignorant.
  • Options
    Kyleslater wrote: »
    Did anyone actually read the notes?
    NOTE: With the flattening of raid rewards, top ranking players (particularly in the Heroic) may see lower drop rates of fully crafted gear pieces, and (for some ranks) lower aggregate numbers of direct gear salvage drops. This has been offset by several factors, including:
    Increase in quality of complete piece AND salvage drops
    Higher payout of Guild Event Tokens and Guild Currency
    We are closely monitoring the ability of the current Stores to effectively sink this currency on the gear and shards players need. In the coming weeks, we will be significantly expanding these stores to provide what players need the most, and with more convenience.

I know everyone will still moan and complain but maybe wait until you've done more than one raid to see the full effects, and also wait to see what the store changes are?

Hahahahaha, I'm being ridiculous now.

Lol... worse the. Ridiculous...

Great post.

Special auto correct... was supposed to be then not the.

Oh well eagerly awaiting replies from cg cause this is a bit messed up... a bit...
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    Also of note, those that are on TIV-VI should be happy, and as those individuals haven't started the HSTR, their disappointment will be mitigated. This was a decent long term stategy for the company.

As someone not on heroic, my rewards look like they will be better, and I have agency thanks to the increase in currency.

The rewards are better.

Ok... I mean... great? What about for those of us who are running Heroic and don't want the equivalent of what was T5 rewards?
  • Options
    This is what rank 1 STR rewards used to look like:

Sl3NizG.jpg

How in the heck are the screenshots being show an IMPROVEMENT?! Unless you increased the currency by a factor of 10 it wouldn't come close to an improvement!

We need a response ASAP @CG_Carrie @CG_TopHat !

Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    Maegor wrote: »
    2) If you have no experience in seeing the old heroic rewards, then you really shouldn't comment on the new heroic rewards. It makes you seem ignorant.

So does flying off the handle based on a limited sample size.
  • Options
    Literally all that needed to be done was the removal of challenge gear e.g. mk 8 biotech implant salvage. Please revert this nonsense. I will be contacting apple for a refund by the end of the week if something isn't done about this.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options

Negative feedback is fine. I just think the overreactions (IM GUNNA GO PLAY STRIKE FORCE INSTEAD) are hilarious. And I just think a few pics from a single raid aren't enough of a sample size to draw conclusions from.

@TVF I've seen more than enough of the rewards to be statistically significant under a normal distribution. Also, I'm the same person that told you guilds were about to start beating the heroic raid en masse a few weeks ago, and you didn't believe me then either.
  • Options

The rewards are better.

No they didn't...
  • Yhtzee1215
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I never post on here, but I got a new password just so I could log on and say how much I hate the changes to the sith raid rewards. The sense of pride of accomplishment I’ve felt for finally beating the heroic raid last week has been replaced by deflation and anger. If you’re going to nerf the rewards, just nerf them. Don’t kitten on us and tell us it’s raining. I expect immediate changes to restore the raid rewards back to the previous level.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options

Negative feedback is fine. I just think the overreactions (IM GUNNA GO PLAY STRIKE FORCE INSTEAD) are hilarious. And I just think a few pics from a single raid aren't enough of a sample size to draw conclusions from.

@TVF I've seen more than enough of the rewards to be statistically significant under a normal distribution. Also, I'm the same person that told you guilds were about to start beating the heroic raid en masse a few weeks ago, and you didn't believe me then either.

One has nothing to do with the other but congratulations about the heroic raid. A link would be helpful as that doesn't even sound right.

As for statistically significant, how much data have you collected?
  • Options
    So 1st place in heroic sith raid changed from 3 full pieces of g12 gear, lots of salvage, etc. to 4 salvage pieces of mediocre gear, a few hundred extra guild event and a thousand or so extra guild currency. How is this better? This wasn’t broken but as usual, you’ve tried to fix and just made it worse.
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    To everybody doing T6 and below:

1) Everybody in the community thought the rewards should be increased for those tiers. I still think the HP is too high in those tiers by at least 33%.

Well, they are looking into the heroic rewards.

In the interim, my guild has expressed approval for the increase in the Tier V rewards so thank you @CG_Carrie for meeting the expectation you set previously to those players still building toward Heroic.
  • Kyleslater
    438 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Negative feedback is fine. I just think the overreactions (IM GUNNA GO PLAY STRIKE FORCE INSTEAD and YOU BETTER FIX THIS OR ITS ALL OVER FOR CG) are hilarious. And I just think a few pics from a single raid aren't enough of a sample size to draw conclusions from.

Bleh I hate strike force. Tried it but couldn’t get into it. If I quit this (which because it’s Star Wars it would really have to get messed up and thus is pretty much not happening) I’d probably just go outside or something. It would be bloody nice if they’d fix it just the same. I was actually excited about the sith raid with the old rewards... now well... nevermind...

Edit: I understand t5/6 were improved. That’s a good thing. But it’s too much of a nerf to heroic
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Banth
    158 posts Member
    Options
    Corrog wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but I don't think this is as bad as everyone is making it out to be. I haven't seen any challenge gear in those pictures, and we don't have enough finished raids for statistical relevance. It's quite possibly bad luck.

Not to mention the fact that the increased currency is supposed to offset the loss in gear. There will be changes in the coming weeks to guild store and guild event store, to help offset the change for top players. In my opinion, that's a great change I'm looking forward to.

People need to calm down.

You are absolutely wrong. The previous raids were enough to know what were getting. And just from seeing the drops we’ve seen since the change we already know it’s horrid. That doesn’t say “it could still be RNG” that just speaks to how incredibly hard the nerf was. These rewards are garbage and is spitting in the face of the end game players that keep the game afloat.
  • Options
    I'm just seeing people being sad they're earning shards to unlock Traya? Wow, sorry guys. That is a bummer.

That said, I think by this point in the game, the extra currencies you're earning are meant to buy you the upper tier gear you want and need - meaning you get to choose and not wait for it to randomly appear next raid hopefully - and the raids are to earn that currency, and to help gear other toons and factions up on the side while you do that.

It's just terrible. The horror.
  • Options
    So it means that i should now don't care about doing high dmg. Instead i can send 1 lvl Ugnaught, do 0 dmg, wait for end for of the raid at even #50. And still get almost same rewards like #1. You just shoot yourself in ur own back with this move.
  • Zagrey
    54 posts Member
    Options
    whats the point of adding resisitance to game and then cut \ nerf them in all events
    oh and by the way - what challenge are we talking abt - once you have GK + Zariss ?
  • Options
    I spent money on my teams to get a better rank for better rewards. What is this garbage rewards? Might as well just post a 0. I'm going to call google support and ask for a refund on ive everything I've spent the past month.