Dev Blog - Sith Triumvirate Raid Rewards - 4/2/18 [MEGA]

123457Next

Replies

• Options
    So right now we are getting dirt rewards and no communication.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    Options
    That explanation is worse than the nerf..... they have a problem with people getting and "unfair" advantage by getting G12 pieces from the STR..... but are 100% OK with people spending to get them. Give me a break.
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    I’m trying to give cg the benefit of the doubt and assume something just went wrong with the update and they will fix it. I can’t see any other explanation. I think it’s pretty safe to assume they didn’t flat out lie and say the rewards would be better then intentionally put in far, far worse rewards. Thus why I’d probably lean towards a technical issue and rewards are not what they are supposed to be. Understandably upsetting, but if fixed in a reasonable amount of time, not the end of the world.

Technical issue ... yeah sure.

Only if it's in designers and developers brains.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Options
    rtt: rewards way better now (sith raid 5) after one raid. we moved up to 6 regardless, but way better. may be rng, but I'll take pieces I actually need. lol tears itt too. grow up
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Options
    Just finished a heroic raid, got rank five rewards. Utter baloney. Not a single piece of g12 salvage even. Used to get a full g12 piece! This needs to change.
  • DoOrDoNot
    99 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options

Do you understand English? We can post in the language you're most comfortable with , so that you get the message right. Just say it.

Can you post in the languages of Greed, Deceit, "holier-than-thou" and we-know-longevity-of-game-better-than-players-because-its-our-game-and-the-rest-of-you-are-****?
  • Verror
    18 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    8_C6_F4_EB5-_B45_E-4294-9_AC9-89_AFE4_BD8_D53.png
    This for 1st place heroic.
    Used to be 2/3 full pieces which justified the effort, the time and the money spent.
    And this should be an ‘upgrade’
    My game name same as forum: you can check how much I spent and spend on this game.
    Anywhere else in the world for that money I would be entitled to an adequate level of service and customer care.
    Honestly? I feel insulted.
    Thinking about giving up.
  • Options
    Just finished first Heroic since the change. First thought was that this really sucks and rewards are awfully. After a few minutes my second thought was that my first thought was right and that all the employees should be fired and we get new ones that know what they are doing.

Oh and by the way, great job on fixing the bugged damage at the end that allows players to score million plus on teams that can’t get 50k. An actually problem that should be addressed but no please continue to fix what is not broken.
  • Options
    They "fixed" it everybody. What they actually fixed was the amount of full pieces being dished out like multi tools and bayonette's. For the good of the game.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    They "fixed" it everybody. What they actually fixed was the amount of full pieces being dished out like multi tools and bayonette's. For the good of the game.
    They are killing the game, so I would say that’s not for the good of the game. People are jumping ship left right and centre. My chat has gone down by 8 so far. By by SWGOH and hello MSF.
    Clap
    Clap
    Clap

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

That would have been acceptable and understandable if that was all they "fixed" - but that's not all they did. They nerfed all of the other drops as well - across all ranks and all tiers of the raid.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    So, does it make sense that the rewards for a Territory War are far superior to the Heroic Sith Raid Rewards? But, please for the love of all that's good, don't nerf the TW rewards either.
  • Options
    Ryzak620 wrote: »
    So, does it make sense that the rewards for a Territory War are far superior to the Heroic Sith Raid Rewards? But, please for the love of all that's good, don't nerf the TW rewards either.

Well don’t tell them that, they might announce that they will be giving out greater rewards for TW as well, then we’re really screwed.
  • Options
    jedilord wrote: »
    i hope (for the future of this game) EA/CG is planning a buyable toon that is much better/stronger than the darth traya toon... (soon ... in august .. or the next content release, which feels like it never occurs since announcement)

i don´t think that anyone in a non-heroic-sithraid-guild who supported this game will put a dime in this game anymore once they realise that fighting in arena is useless as long as you don´t have darth traya^^

You sure are making some pretty huge assumptions, I'm fairly confident that traya is not going to be unstoppable like she is being portrayed.

@GhostTruckin first video of a 5* traya is online, it looks like she is unstoppable. any thoughts of anyone which of the old toons maybe have a chance against her? (for the nonheroic STR guilds, who doesn´t want to fall down to place 200 in arena)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kAToI_61Ms
  • Options
    Any idea when the update will happen?

We're just waiting to close our raid lol
  • Options
    Verror wrote: »
    8_C6_F4_EB5-_B45_E-4294-9_AC9-89_AFE4_BD8_D53.png
    This for 1st place heroic.
    Used to be 2/3 full pieces which justified the effort, the time and the money spent.
    And this should be an ‘upgrade’
    My game name same as forum: you can check how much I spent and spend on this game.
    Anywhere else in the world for that money I would be entitled to an adequate level of service and customer care.
    Honestly? I feel insulted.
    Thinking about giving up.

Honestly garbage rewards is what non heroic guilds got since release of the raid. Obviously the devs thought the best reward rebalance was to make all guilds hate the raid.

Now personally I think they need to leave heroic rewards alone and just scale up all the lower tiers to offer full gear pieces of the top type of gear used by that tier when they redo rewards after the roll back.

The problem isn't that heroic rewards are too good, it's that lower tiers are soooo bad relative to effort required there isn't an incentive to do the hardest tier your guild can do. Alternatively they could keep lower tier rewards the way they are and just nerf the boss difficulties by 50-75%.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Options
    How do these rewards now compare to the current mess we have.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    How do these rewards now compare to the current mess we have.

I don't know. The joke is the pushed this out, pulled it back, promised to figure out another fix to rewards, and now they just ignore the issue all together.
  • Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    CG_Carrie wrote: »
    Sith Raid Reward Changes
    Raid Rewards are an important part of the overall game experience, especially given the time, effort, and coordination it takes for guilds to be successful at them. With the Sith Raid we also endeavored to reintroduce lower tiers of the Sith Raid so that there are more options for people of all player types to experience this new content. The rewards are intended to be commensurate with the effort, and we have made a number of changes to increase the overall rewards, as well as reduce certain aspects of frustration (challenge gear in higher tiers). We will continue to monitor the experience, both quantitatively and qualitatively.
    After monitoring how guilds are progressing through the challenging Sith Triumvirate Raid, we've significantly revamped the rewards across all Raid tiers. After monitoring early results & player feedback, we will do a similar pass on AAT & Pit Raid rewards in the coming weeks. Below is an outline of the adjustments we're making, and you will see them in our next content update, which is intended to launch inside of the next two weeks.

1. Improved Underlying Quality of Gear Drops
      Across all Sith Raid Tiers, and especially beginning in Tier 4, the underlying contents of the Sith Raid mystery boxes have been revamped.
    • Mystery boxes at Tier 4 & above are now overwhelmingly focused on more difficult-to-obtain gear salvage, and are more narrowly focused on the gear needs of guilds working towards completing the tier in question, 1-2x a week.
    • Mystery boxes at Tier 4 & above have removed all challenge gear and other gear likely to be highly stockpiled by experienced L85 players from the Salvage rewards.
      • A handful of extremely difficult challenge gear pieces (such as the Mk 3 Carbanti) remain in the chance for fully crafted pieces.
    • When released, the next set of gear will enter circulation at first exclusively through the Tier 7 (Heroic) mystery box.

2. "Flattening" of Gear Drops
    • All players within a guild will receive raid gear mystery boxes of the same quality, regardless of their rank in the raid.
    • These mystery boxes consist of:
      • A uniform chance (varies by tier) of dropping a complete piece of gear
      • A separate, uniform chance (varies by tier) at dropping a complete gear prototype (at Tier 4 & up)
      • A guaranteed amount (varies by tier) of salvage of difficult, relevant gear
    • To compensate for this "flattening" of the gear side of rewards, the curve of the guild currency and guild event token rewards has been made more steep (see #3), although the value of ALL raid shipment currency drops have been increased for ALL tiers / ranks.
    3. Increase & Rescaling of Guild Currency and Guild Event Token Payouts
    • All Guild Currency drops have been increased, and the curve "steepened" as mentioned above.
      • Increases vary by tier & rank, but all players' rewards are up an average of ~20%, and #1-5 ranked players' rewards are up significantly more than that.
      • Special attention has been paid to increasing the rewards to better fit the difficulty of the Sith Raid Tiers 5 & 6 for the population of guilds currently running those Tiers, and to rewarding guilds for "moving up" to, and performing well in, those challenging Tiers.
    • Guild Event Token payouts have been increased and are now more broadly available.
      • Players will receive Guild Event Tokens beginning in Tier 3 (down from Tier 5).

Q&A
    Here are some questions we are expecting you may have along with their answers. We’ll be monitoring the megathread for this post (linked below) and will add additional relevant questions if needed.
    Q: Is the overall increase in rewards meaningful?
    A: Yes. We’ve intentionally scaled both quantity and quality as players move up the non-Heroic tiers, to fit gear rewards more closely with what players need. The intent is for these guilds to be able to complete a non-Heroic Raid tier more than once, but less than twice, per week. Guilds who fall within this range should receive, over the long run, an appropriate quantity AND quality of gear rewards to enable them to get powerful enough to grow together – a change from where raid rewards currently are, where players are essentially forced to push harder outside of the raid and other guild activities, in order to execute at the highest level within the raid.
    Q: Will players be happy with the normalization of gear Mystery Boxes?
    A: We think so. At higher tiers, the Sith Triumvirate Raid is challenging enough to require a contribution from every member of a guild, and so democratizing some of the rewards should be healthier for guilds in the long run. Feedback from similarly flat Territory Battle gear rewards has been positive enough for us to feel confident that this is the right change.
    Q: Why haven’t you removed all challenge gear from all tiers?
    A: Guilds currently completing Tier 3 & below are considerably more diverse, small, and difficult to balance rewards for. Nearly all of the pieces rewarded in early tiers are in demand for players in guilds who are currently completing Tier 3, but unable to graduate to Tier 4 anytime soon. That said, the raid is still relatively new, and if it settles in a place where even those players are clearly not being adequately rewarded, we will revisit those earlier tiers.
    Q: Can I still get Carbantis/Stun Cuffs/[insert gear here]?
    A: The main benefit of reallocating some rewards from the mystery box to the guild currency / Guild Event Token payout is to provide players with agency around what gear they need. Some extremely high-demand challenge gear remains in the pool of potential rewards for a fully crafted piece, but ALL challenge gear has been removed from the guaranteed salvage rewards, in favor of some of the toughest, highest-level gear salvage (including raid-exclusive gear salvage) in the game. Overall, the vast majority of players will have increased access to difficult “raid gear” AND “challenge gear”, whether through the mystery box or through the increased Guild Currency payout. And after we monitor the initial results, if we find that difficult gear inflow has been hampered by this change, we will primarily use changes to the Guild Currency & Guild Event Token store selection to increase availability of that gear.
    [/quote

@CG_Carrie

What the heck happened? The above sounded good on paper, why was it never followed through on?

Quote "The rewards are intended to be commensurate with the effort, and we have made a number of changes to increase the overall rewards, as well as reduce certain aspects of frustration"
    - Frustration level is currently through the roof, a 40+ page thread of people posting the same complaints over and over with no response. Where is the follow through on these promises since April?

These parts in particular as well:

Sith Raid Reward Changes
    Raid Rewards are an important part of the overall game. The rewards are intended to be commensurate with the effort, and we have made a number of changes to increase the overall rewards, as well as reduce certain aspects of frustration (challenge gear in higher tiers).

- Where are the increases? The current rewards, esp for tiers 1 - 6, do NOT commensurate with the effort, what-so-ever.

Q: Why haven’t you removed all challenge gear from all tiers?
    A: Guilds currently completing Tier 3 & below are considerably more diverse, small, and difficult to balance rewards for. Nearly all of the pieces rewarded in early tiers are in demand for players in guilds who are currently completing Tier 3, but unable to graduate to Tier 4 anytime soon. That said, the raid is still relatively new, and if it settles in a place where even those players are clearly not being adequately rewarded, we will revisit those earlier tiers.

= Horse doo doo. Remove the challenge gear already, no one needs or wants it. Revisit it already, it is ruining the game, no one wants to do the Raid because the rewards are pitiful and don't match the effort.
  • Emmant
    93 posts Member
    Options
    @jayjonbeach

Why do you think they have gone back on Q/A’s even though they were promised

Why do you think there is barely any communication

Clearly @CG_Carrie has determined it is not in her best interest
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    They are just waiting for Morale to be SOOOOOOOO low that is causes a big drop in spending or people playing..... for whatever causes it....... and removing the challenge gear will be their wild card.....no matter how angry people get when things are at their most critical they will then play this card in the hopes of saving...face.... by then it will be too late at least for me