Thrawn Mythic [MERGE]

Replies

• I'm really getting sick of pre-loaded TM, I know I'm not the only one who thinks it's total horse manure. I was looking forward to this event but now I'm left with a very sour taste in my mouth. Also, adding "secret" abilities and mechanics that the playable versions of characters don't have is a crime against humanity, in my humble opinion.
  • The thing that I hate more than anything is the preloaded turn meter they feel they need to add. Just make it like a regular arena match, a gear 12, zeta'd Phoenix team is difficult enough to beat as it is if you don't go in there with the right team. There's no reason for these artificially difficult mechanics
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    If someone beats it they are going to need all G12 with all G12 gear, all zetas and rediculous mods, still not sure if it's doable then because of Thrawn forced leader...and the enemy magically ignoring Taunt which isn't a mechanic they have.

No g12... Done without Thrawn zeta lead
    My original post has been deleted so I won't write what I used once more......
  • I like the difficulty of the mythic tier .... that's their design intent and it states in the strategy tips that G11 and higher with powerful mods is recommended...and notes again it is extremely challenging.

Also remember, this will come back around again so there will be time to improve the team and beat the content down the road...and even if you can't pass it this time, the rewards are really nothing that you're going to miss out on - it's not like you're unlocking General Kenobi here. Try a few times...DT is a big toon here, EP is good, ... I liked having a double tank combo of Shore / Storm they held up well....but DT is a key toon since he can daze / stun and then get another quick kill with deathmark once you get someone down.
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    I like the difficulty of the mythic tier .... that's their design intent and it states in the strategy tips that G11 and higher with powerful mods is recommended...and notes again it is extremely challenging.

Also remember, this will come back around again so there will be time to improve the team and beat the content down the road...and even if you can't pass it this time, the rewards are really nothing that you're going to miss out on - it's not like you're unlocking General Kenobi here. Try a few times...DT is a big toon here, EP is good, ... I liked having a double tank combo of Shore / Storm they held up well....but DT is a key toon since he can daze / stun and then get another quick kill with deathmark once you get someone down.

Indeed it's like the first time you try to get 7* Thrawn .. after 30 tries you are lucky enough to get it haha.
    But double tank is useless since they ignore taunt =\ STILL...
    Shore = healer
    Storm = TM boost + expose
  • Will our Phoenix be reworked to be as fast and strong as these ones, and to have the same abilities to ignore taunt and remove TM? Is this some kind of preview of that rework?
  • Fik
    41 posts Member
    Semi wrote: »

They don't ignore taunt.
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Arrid wrote: »
    It's not Phoenix... It's terminators
    I can beat REAL heroes with REAL abilities, but not this anabolic creatures in phoenix shapes

Vader with +110 speed + 8*5 (empire) + 8*5 (rebels) + 8*2 (sith) + 8*2 (jedi) is a shail
    Should that not be 8 x 4 (Empire) + 8 x 1 (Sith) + 8 x 5 (Rebel) + 8 x 2 (Jedi)?
    Or does Vader count as an ally to himself, twice?
    Didn't think that was the case for either tag, Empire or Sith?

Appreciate that it's only 16 Speed loss, but that's a pretty decent mod on its own.
  • WitnessedJarl
    255 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    I managed to beat it with Thrawn zeta on unique, EP both zeta, shore, DT, veers zeta on unique.(veers g11 rest g12)
    Took me about 8 attempts. The EP unique helps drain their health and makes it easy to kill ezra. After that you can use DM to take care of the rest.

There was some rng involved to survive the initial onslaught but if you get all toons past that alive it shouldnt be to hard.

All in all I like the challenge the mythic events give. (even if it can sometimes get frustrating :p )
  • 2) 13-14 attacks by the Phoenix at the start
    6) Darth Vader doesn't go first !? He goes after Thrawn (speed 250) but it's impossible since his basic speed is 206, then adding 8x13 he has 310....
    Each Phoenix toon has 2-3 turns before Vader....This means that Phoneix speed is..... I don't know... 800???

Do you remember the BB-8 legendary event? Part of what makes it a challenge is the idea that the other team gets to 'ambush' you and strike several times before you get an action. I think making that script was just an easier way of challenging late-game players than having them all at level 110 with G14 and 7-dot mods.

Remember, these events are for late, LATE game players, they are not meant to be cleared by everyone. Complete the tiers that you can, maybe spend 10 min moving mods around, and call it a day. It's just one purple mod and 650k credits after all. Not worth losing your mind over like the recent 'improvements across the board' to a certain raid. ;p
  • Succesful with first try. Should be really hard, but its absolut doable
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    It’s that the more content these people put out that requires us to mod management (and not give us mod management) makes us spend currency all the time now. Sneaky. We have to give a lot to get a little.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    And if everything is RNG then what’s the point of gear or mods. Most lame aspect of the game. RNG ruins everything in this game and makes gear and mods pointless.
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    First try too. Palpatine, tarkin, vader et shoretrooper. Finished with all my toon alive. Palp double zeta g12, vader g12 no zeta unique, tarkin and shore g11. They can't clean so it's obviously clear that tarkin and vader are very good....
  • It’s a challenge and pretty ridiculous but it’s not impossible. I completed after a few tries. It’s a bonus tier so it should be difficult. But the problem is it’s not so much strategy as it is RNG. Basically I just kept restarting till I had good RNG with the toons they attacked. After the opening barage, they seem to go to a normal speed. Actually seemed to get slower as the match went on.
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Only reason I'm close to beating it is Emperor's Crackling Doom, they attack so many times that they nearly kill themselves. I think I'm close enough to win with RNG
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    DarthApok wrote: »
    It’s a challenge and pretty ridiculous but it’s not impossible. I completed after a few tries. It’s a bonus tier so it should be difficult. But the problem is it’s not so much strategy as it is RNG. Basically I just kept restarting till I had good RNG with the toons they attacked. After the opening barage, they seem to go to a normal speed. Actually seemed to get slower as the match went on.

Yes it should be a challenge and it is completable, but I believe the bugs mentioned prior are affecting the battle and making it far difficult than it actually should be or “as intended”. If they can fix the mentioned bugs, I think the battle would be a lot more smooth less frustrating.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Just beat it with palp,shore,Vader,Tarkin. Only lost shore. Save kanan and zen for last. Still the rewards are meh. I got more reward from the sense of accomplishment lol. Maybe thats the point :-/
  • Bawz
    31 posts Member
    Athusk wrote: »
    Yes it should be a challenge and it is completable, but I believe the bugs mentioned prior are affecting the battle and making it far difficult than it actually should be or “as intended”. If they can fix the mentioned bugs, I think the battle would be a lot more smooth less frustrating.
    But it's the final Tier of a Mythic Event, from a Legendary Event.
    It's specifically designed to be as frustrating as possible.
  • G12 thrawn, emp, vader, DT and a G10 shore should do the trick for you, even if it takes a few trys. Sabine and ezra got to go first, then Hera and Kanan. Keep at it and move mods around. Protect emp as shock is needed at the end to keep zeb in check. #mythicpainintherear :wink:
  • Coys
    14 posts Member
    joke event
    Come on now
  • Semi wrote: »
    I like the difficulty of the mythic tier .... that's their design intent and it states in the strategy tips that G11 and higher with powerful mods is recommended...and notes again it is extremely challenging.

Indeed it's like the first time you try to get 7* Thrawn .. after 30 tries you are lucky enough to get it haha.
    Shore = healer
    Storm = TM boost + expose

I'll have to watch next time, I don't recall them ignoring taunt. They do have multiple dispellers on the team though. Regardless, the double tanks worked fine for me - won on first attempt with that formation.
  • I ran Thrawn (L) obvi.
    Zdt, Kren, shore, storm

My guys are suped up though. This was challenging and annoying. Kill Hera first. Then Kanan. Gluck!

Rewards are not worth it though. I got arrows everytime all defense primaries.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Is it possible to get anything other than a defense primary in this event?
  • Taramel
    601 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    May I suggest running tarkin for those struggling..... pheonix with offense down going a dozen times just kill themselves from EP unique while they tickle you ... did it first try. Thrawn, ep, vader, shore and tarkin
  • Taramel wrote: »
    May I suggest running tarkin for those struggling..... pheonix with offense down going a dozen times just kill themselves from EP unique while they tickle you ... did it first try. Thrawn, ep, vader, shore and tarkin

THat's a very good approach here
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    It seems buggy, the ignoring pretaunt is a pretty glaring one. But I eventually beat it with zeta lead g12 thrawn, g12 emp, g11 DT, g11 Shore, and g10 RG. Yep, good ol' Royal Guard for his defense and health up. Keep the crit immun and health up as much as possible. Swap TM with thrawn to keep rg and shore alive. Shock with emp and use LTHF only - does a lot of non-counterable damage. Don't use his stun. Leave vader on the bench as debuffs are a liability while kanan is alive. Fracture hera when someone is close to dying to avoid backup plan. Retreat if emp dies. Good luck, you need as much RNG as T1.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    It seems buggy, the ignoring pretaunt is a pretty glaring one. But I eventually beat it with zeta lead g12 thrawn, g12 emp, g11 DT, g11 Shore, and g10 RG. Yep, good ol' Royal Guard for his defense and health up. Keep the crit immun and health up as much as possible. Swap TM with thrawn to keep rg and shore alive. Shock with emp and use LTHF only - does a lot of non-counterable damage. Don't use his stun. Leave vader on the bench as debuffs are a liability while kanan is alive. Fracture hera when someone is close to dying to avoid backup plan. Retreat if emp dies. Good luck, you need as much RNG as T1.

That's not a bug, that is a kitten mechanic (secret taunt) introduced to offset another kitten mechanic (preloaded TM).
  • Beat it with Thrawn (g12), Vader (g12), Palp (g12), RG (g11), Shore (g10).
    If you keep Palp alive for a few turns you should win (easier said than done).
    Rng needs to be your friend!
  • Fik wrote: »
    They don't ignore taunt. There is just an invisible pre-taunt on all your chars that goes away when the char takes dmg. This is to spread out dmg of the opening volley so you don't get one toon focused down in the beginning. So it's actually there to help us ;)

Or possibly '**** this would be too easy if shoretroopers pretaunt couldn't be ignored '