End of Week Raid Reward Update - 4/13/18 [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Maybe if you guys stop making everything for pay to play people you wouldn't have such failures! You should be making things for all tiers of players, not just the higher ups who buys everything you put out. Stop focusing on how you can sell us stuff and focus on what the people actually want! This game is good, but could be amazing if you people weren't so driven on trying to scam us to buy everything!
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    Corporate jargon must take an awfully long time to compose.

In my experience, it actually does. :D
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    TAureliusC wrote: »
    WC75 wrote: »
    You guys do heroic and get Traya shards..... that should be the reward for doing heroic. If you don't like the amount of efforts required then do non heroic raids. They are trying to fix it. Seriously guys, the amount of crying in here is ridiculous. You all spent money in here willingly. Nobody twisted your arms and forced you to do it. Me me me me me me me me ad nauseam will only do so much before it becomes background noise.

I argue that less mega whales in the game will be better overall for the community because you bridge the power gap, and people who do spent 10 or 20 here and there will actually see a difference. But CG bred the whales, and it's now it has to somehow feed their egos, too.

Why do you assume that those who are playing heroic are all mega whales? I have spent $22 on this game. I am pretty sure that does not make me a whale. Regardless, this raid takes a lot of time across all tiers and people should be rewarded for their time and it should be based on their ranking or a tiered ranking. Don't hate the players, hate the decision makers.

You are a small percent, if you only spent 20 dollars into the game and is able to tag all **** with a heroic sith guild. We knew this from the first time the heroic was beaten by whale guilds. I know someone in the mid 2m GP range got booted from his long time guild because he wasn't able to gear up his roster for heroic sith. Don't use a small representative portion to make a large assumption, because you would behave just like CG here.

I don't hate the game, but a lot of people in here behave worse than my 6 year old...

He's not as small a percentage as you seem to think. I've spent less than $50 in 2 and half years. I'm in a Heroic Sith Guild as well - and there are even some f2p players in it who put up solid numbers. I usually finish in the middle of the pack for HSith. There are several ways to have a strong roster. Money is one. Being a long-time, loyal player is another. CG seems to be sticking it to both.

And how does him suggesting that people should get decent rewards for their time and effort make him "worse than your 6 year old"?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    You guys do heroic and get Traya shards..... that should be the reward for doing heroic. If you don't like the amount of efforts required then do non heroic raids. They are trying to fix it. Seriously guys, the amount of crying in here is ridiculous. You all spent money in here willingly. Nobody twisted your arms and forced you to do it. Me me me me me me me me ad nauseam will only do so much before it becomes background noise.

I argue that less mega whales in the game will be better overall for the community because you bridge the power gap, and people who do spent 10 or 20 here and there will actually see a difference. But CG bred the whales, and it's now it has to somehow feed their egos, too.

Why do you assume that those who are playing heroic are all mega whales? I have spent $22 on this game. I am pretty sure that does not make me a whale. Regardless, this raid takes a lot of time across all tiers and people should be rewarded for their time and it should be based on their ranking or a tiered ranking. Don't hate the players, hate the decision makers.

You are a small percent, if you only spent 20 dollars into the game and is able to tag all **** with a heroic sith guild. We knew this from the first time the heroic was beaten by whale guilds. I know someone in the mid 2m GP range got booted from his long time guild because he wasn't able to gear up his roster for heroic sith. Don't use a small representative portion to make a large assumption, because you would behave just like CG here.

I don't hate the game, but a lot of people in here behave worse than my 6 year old...

He's not as small a percentage as you seem to think. I've spent less than $50 in 2 and half years. I'm in a Heroic Sith Guild as well - and there are even some f2p players in it who put up solid numbers. I usually finish in the middle of the pack for HSith. There are several ways to have a strong roster. Money is one. Being a long-time, loyal player is another. CG seems to be sticking it to both.

And how does him suggesting that people should get decent rewards for their time and effort make him "worse than your 6 year old"?

I didn't say HIM specifically. I said a lot of people in here..... We certainly should be able to read better than a 6 year old, right?!

And going back to my very original point: if a ton of f2p players are able to make meaningful contributions and heroic guilds are able to clear heroic sith raid with people taking zero damage, then it's not really that difficult, is it?!

And....you lost me. What's your point? (aside from insulting people). One post you are complaining that only whales guilds can complete it - the next your bemoaning the "fact" that tons of f2p are able to make meaningful contributions....neither of which is accurate.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Iy4oy4s
    2939 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I guess we don’t get a beginning of week update.
  • DarthDrakonus
    7 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Sith raid rewards are completely underwhelming, better rewards from 7 minutes invested in HRancor and an hour in HAAT raid than 4 days in Sith raid. Not even worth my time to do 60+ million dmg finish first and carry the raid. Not to mention all the time and money invested to have the teams to compete at that level.
  • WC75
    11 posts Member
    Options

I didn't say HIM specifically. I said a lot of people in here..... We certainly should be able to read better than a 6 year old, right?!

And going back to my very original point: if a ton of f2p players are able to make meaningful contributions and heroic guilds are able to clear heroic sith raid with people taking zero damage, then it's not really that difficult, is it?!

Flinging insults to the group is actually making you appear to be exactly what you are criticizing others of, look in the mirror.

Back to the raid, my guild is heroic with numerous F2Ps who have been playing this game since launch. We have given considerable time to this game, can you say the same? You don't want me to use my own example as proof that you are making assumptions about the broader group, yet you do the same. This issue has nothing to do with F2P versus P2P. This is about a raid that takes a lot of time due to the ridiculous mechanics, and no amount of cash will change that. This time sink happens at all levels, heroic and below. They indicated one thing with regard to gear but did another, people have every right to call CG out for that without some judgemental **** calling them whining whales. CG needs to address the gear issue for everyone, and I don't give a kitten how much people have or have not spent. They delivered a broken raid and are now cleaning up the mess, and continue to break it more. How about focusing on the huge Star Wars fan base that used to get enjoyment out of this game but after 2.5 years are now struggling to stay committed because of the mistakes made and profit only focus by CG? We don't want to see the game destroyed as a result of these issues and the purpose of the forum is to discuss issues such as raids and gear.

I have a great guild with great people and your comments are incredibly insulting. Are you 6?
  • Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Sweet. "Communication" is back. Vague answers, no response to threads and then closing them to get buried, addressing 1/10 of the problem then ignoring the rest and calling it a solution.

Man, things sure have changed here.

In case you weren't aware, that couldn't have been anymore sarcastic @CG_Carrie

A guess a leopard never changes its spots.

How in the world could you have possibly expected anything else?

Flinging insults to the group is actually making you appear to be exactly what you are criticizing others of, look in the mirror.

Back to the raid, my guild is heroic with numerous F2Ps who have been playing this game since launch. We have given considerable time to this game, can you say the same? You don't want me to use my own example as proof that you are making assumptions about the broader group, yet you do the same. This issue has nothing to do with F2P versus P2P. This is about a raid that takes a lot of time due to the ridiculous mechanics, and no amount of cash will change that. This time sink happens at all levels, heroic and below. They indicated one thing with regard to gear but did another, people have every right to call CG out for that without some judgemental **** calling them whining whales. CG needs to address the gear issue for everyone, and I don't give a kitten how much people have or have not spent. They delivered a broken raid and are now cleaning up the mess, and continue to break it more. How about focusing on the huge Star Wars fan base that used to get enjoyment out of this game but after 2.5 years are now struggling to stay committed because of the mistakes made and profit only focus by CG? We don't want to see the game destroyed as a result of these issues and the purpose of the forum is to discuss issues such as raids and gear.

I have a great guild with great people and your comments are incredibly insulting. Are you 6?

You're being overly dramatic. First, there was nothing insulting about those comments. Second, the game is not being destroyed and is not going anywhere as a result of these changes.

People will eventually lose interest in this issue, through attrition or compromises, and a short time after that, they will find something else to be outraged and insulted over, claiming it to be the precursor to the end of the world. All while other people, not in the group of the 100 or so that argue amongst themselves on this forum, will continue to play, not having any idea of the epic high stakes battles being fought here.
  • Options
    All while other people, not in the group of the 100 or so that argue amongst themselves on this forum, will continue to play, not having any idea of the epic high stakes battles being fought here.

no they continue because they do not know what is going on... you only have to look at answers hq... there are many bugs and issues reported because of the one window in arenafights that is not refreshing any more... the last one reported was on thursday, and i bet it was not the last one
  • Jordylee24
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    jedilord wrote: »

no they continue because they do not know what is going on... you only have to look at answers hq... there are many bugs and issues reported because of the one window in arenafights that is not refreshing any more... the last one reported was on thursday, and i bet it was not the last one

Its because of neanderthals like that that ea knows they can do whatever they like pretty much. Forums for anything can be pretty negative because people only go to them when unhappy
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    'm growing more and more disillusioned about the game changers in general
    They should grow some balls
    And fight for the people
    Nukins propaganda video **** me offrage
    But they can't do anything. Just puppets on a string that ea has made famous within the community and in return they spew out whatever ea tells them to.

It doesn't help that they usually don't know how to play the game very well.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Please stay on topic and avoid (direct or indirect) insults to others.
  • Options
    Back on topic: Reward nerfs are an insult. It's not going to blow over. Do something.
  • Options
    Imagine what we would have without the "same 100 people that argue."

• Options
    To solve the issue with the raid being very hard at first they could introduce several achievements with nice rewards for beating the raid once / 2x /5x etc. Everybody would get their rewards for the first kill no matter when they achieve it. Sorry Im only thinking heroic here.

• Engels
    90 posts Member
    Options
    Lies. We just finished sith raid and my alt got computer V. 5 copies. I only had 1400 copies of it.
  • Options
    Why did I even bother to look at this thread again? Same poo, different day.
    Still waiting on that edit forum profile setting so I can change my name...
  • Jordylee24
    117 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    Sorry, I had just received kitten for my 2nd place heroic finish and was feeling salty

Edit: I think the game changers are a good bunch but when ea shackles them to the same content from each it does no one any good. I wish ea would let the creativity flow. But 15 videos of the same thing at update time gets old.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Jordylee24 wrote: »
    And fight for the people
    But they can't do anything. Just puppets on a string that ea has made famous within the community and in return they spew out whatever ea tells them to.

This is a good point - but for a different thread. Incidentally, it's a point I strongly agree with.

• Options
    New day, same terrible rewards.
    All this, on these pages, goes for the non-heroic tiers as well. Maybe even a tiny smidgeon more since there are no Shards to be earned that might possibly offset what happened.

And, yet again again.
    We asked for unnecessary challenge reward gear to be removed.
    You said we'd be getting raid reward enhancements.
    We got raid reward nerfs instead.
    We're told some mystical other reward is coming to heroic? Maybe, in august?
    What about the other tiers?
    There's been multiple comparisons made, numbers analyzed, and, you know, what we can see with our own eyes... don't spin it, just fix it.
    I understand "fix" means, at best, a roll back - since "fixing things" here seems to be making them worse for the players (again, TW scoring system...)

And, also, again again, TW roll back of the point system is when?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    "I got a little problem here"

"Eject"

"nahh I'll wait for the CG to help me"

"Bwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa"
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    You guys do heroic and get Traya shards..... that should be the reward for doing heroic. If you don't like the amount of efforts required then do non heroic raids.

While I disagree with that, don't forget that they will soon also be getting exclusive G12 pieces.

3-5 at a time along with challenge gear that's unusable and everyone has 5k pieces of. Get a grip dude.
  • Cstone812
    266 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    I think you guys (devs) went a little to far with this raid honestly. I def understand wanting a new challenging event/raid for this game but when you add this content that is really difficult to do requires you to actually put in some serious time then give out absolutely horrible rewards for it really isn’t what people wanted...no one wants to even work on teams for it. It’s an absolute chore to do and mind numbing boring to finish.
  • JPBrunel
    821 posts Member
    edited April 2018
    Options
    ...still waiting to hear something this week @cg_carrie Still nothing. I'm so glad we've entered this new "era of open and honest communication" by the devs... :|
  • Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »
    ...still waiting to hear something this week @cg_carrie Still nothing. I'm so glad we've entered this new "era of open and honest communication" by the devs... :|

i think she has just noticed that everything that she is writing is just meaningless... i guess they are planning a small little interview with our "beloved" gamechanger to appease the community:
    Jordylee24 wrote: »
    And fight for the people

• Jeric
    271 posts Member
    Options
    Since I don't believe that they are willing to revert to the old reward system, they are likely brainstorming other options and compromises while simultaneously hoping the furor dies down before posting again.
  • RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    Options
    JPBrunel wrote: »

At this point I'd rather not have another vague "we understand but" post.We all know how this story will end - some bonus crystals in an email and marginal reward increase.
This discussion has been closed.