Omega crunch is painful!

Prev13456789
PeteSolo
173 posts Member
Omega battles should not only give us one Omega it's kind of silly if you think about it they're called Omega battles and they only give you one Omega it doesn't make sense, it's almost ironic...

Replies

• Maztoras
    153 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Yeah thats needs at least 5....only one is like a April fools joke
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They are older content, its not like they were brought up to help deal with the current crunch.

but you can manage around it, just have to be selective.
  • Options
    They should increase the omegas in that final tier to at least three, and add another tier that's actually hard and have a zeta
  • Options
    they should just remove them from needing them to apply a zeta... that move was nonsense
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Mythic assault battles.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Stop trying to Omega every toon. That is all.
  • Options
    I dont understand this omega crunch ppl are talking about? I find Zetas is the rare one.....

Zetas: 22
    Omegas: 150
    Purple: 686
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    I dont understand this omega crunch ppl are talking about? I find Zetas is the rare one.....

Perhaps you're very new to the game but the game is constantly pushing the boundaries by making all factions relevant and needed for different aspects of the game. You kind of have to Omega almost every character plus even if I only Omega the legendary and OP characters of the game, most of which have 5-6 abilities, it's a ton of omegas.
  • Options
    Don't quote me on this but I could have sworn they said jn the Q/A a while back that they were going to update OMEGA farming.

And i agree farming them is a nightmare when you have to focus so many toons atm I have empire/BH and since BH need omegas for their contracts I don't have enough to go around I have 57 zeta mats but never enough omegas
  • Options
    We all want lots more stuff. Of course, me too. It doesn't much work like that though.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    We all want lots more stuff. Of course, me too. It doesn't much work like that though.

Complacency isn’t always the best course of action. There are ways to loosen the bottleneck without saturating the market. For example, drop a guaranteed omega mat upon completion of a GW campaign. Guarantee an omega drop (just one) per roll of the ability mat challenge. That right there is an extra 16 omegas a week. Not enough for a zeta, only 3 abilities extra increased. Given the number of characters we have to omega, their zeta’s and the constant release of new toons, I don’t think 16 extra omegas per week will hurt the long term health of the game
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Totally agree with this seeing I'm relying on the daily one + omega battles for them at the moment. Sought of slow on ships and just about to start getting 5* ships for zeta challenge.

Only really care because it's slow maxing out the two teams I actually have phoenix/empire can't imagine people who have resistance, fo and Wiggs rebels they need to get maxed out.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    you can buy omega mats in the fleet store ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    I don’t think 16 extra omegas per week will hurt the long term health of the game

Probably right. But that's not my choice, or yours, to make :smile:

• Options

Complacency isn’t always the best course of action. There are ways to loosen the bottleneck without saturating the market. For example, drop a guaranteed omega mat upon completion of a GW campaign. Guarantee an omega drop (just one) per roll of the ability mat challenge. That right there is an extra 16 omegas a week. Not enough for a zeta, only 3 abilities extra increased. Given the number of characters we have to omega, their zeta’s and the constant release of new toons, I don’t think 16 extra omegas per week will hurt the long term health of the game

16 omegas is enough for a zeta and it would kill any needing to plan ahead with them. You could very easily omega every toon within a year. So i think it would damage the long term health of the game.
  • Options
    It's supposed to be a bottleneck.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    PeteSolo wrote: »

Perhaps you're very new to the game but the game is constantly pushing the boundaries by making all factions relevant and needed for different aspects of the game. You kind of have to Omega almost every character plus even if I only Omega the legendary and OP characters of the game, most of which have 5-6 abilities, it's a ton of omegas.

I'm not new, and no you dont have to omega everyone.

This is a valid position to take.

The name of the game is resource management, expecting them to make any immediate or short term effective change in any farm is a sign that perhaps you are very new to the game, but I am probably wrong.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options

16 omegas is enough for a zeta and it would kill any needing to plan ahead with them. You could very easily omega every toon within a year. So i think it would damage the long term health of the game.

Well, no. There is around 150 characters, so 450 required just for the the skills, then maybe 0.3 zeta per character at average 13 omegas, make for additional 650 required omegas. Good luck :)
  • Options
    Omega battles should not only give us one Omega it's kind of silly if you think about it they're called Omega battles and they only give you one Omega it doesn't make sense, it's almost ironic...

Had to wait 4 days to add last zeta waiting on omegas and that's hitting last round catina where the also are suppose to 'be found
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Well, no. There is around 150 characters, so 450 required just for the the skills, then maybe 0.3 zeta per character at average 13 omegas, make for additional 650 required omegas. Good luck :)

7 omega's per week from daily login + the 16 extra that guy proposed is 23 per week, 1196 per year. That's without events and GW/challenge omega's.
    That's 96 more than your estimate of 1100.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

But considering the long term health of the game, 16 is too high.

That's 1/3 of the toons in game being omegad in a year and that doesn't consider the current income rate. That is just a little too high for a direct increase.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    It's all about choice, like most things in this game. Not all omegas have the same impact, so choose where to invest. Those +15% damage omegas can wait or be skipped altogether, especially if it isn't on your top team. Agreed that omega battles are a joke, but those are probably meant mainly to help out newbies so there's no problem with that.
  • Richfxxx
    449 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

So if I buy omegas how do I get zetas??!!!
    Even if finish first in FA everyday it still takes forever to get enough omegas and zetas. The omega grind is a joke, need to update drop rates or increase opportunity to get omegas. The system was set up pre-zeta times and needs to be updated
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Options
    Richfxxx wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

So if I buy omegas how do I get zetas??!!!
    Even if finish first in FA everyday it still takes forever to get enough omegas and zetas. The omega grind is a joke, need to update drop rates or increase opportunity to get omegas. The system was set up pre-zeta times and needs to be updated

If doing the minimum for omega in fleet store just on pay alone rank 6+ would take minimum 2 days. Worse thing is if a new player took this approach over investing in fleet to get to the zeta challenge, they could be behind for a while.
  • TVF
    36606 posts Member
    Options
    I currently have 3 omega and 22 zeta. I made that choice and it would be silly for me to complain about it.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

That doesnt really disprove my point that the rate of omegas would hurt the game. You also havent considered the chance for omegas from gw, assault battle mythics, omega battles etc. It all adds pretty quickly.

I would also point that giving everyone their omegas was a hypothetical thing, im personally not fussed about giving mob enforcer her omegas because of the sap on resources. However with that i wouldnt care because i could give her the omegas and then next week br ready for another zeta.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    murphsith wrote: »

Had to wait 4 days to add last zeta waiting on omegas and that's hitting last round catina where the also are suppose to 'be found

Well, no offense, but that's pretty bad planning on your part. If you know you get a zeta every two days (or however long it takes you to get enough tokens to buy one), then you also know how long you have to farm omegas. It takes 16 omegas and 20 zetas for a good zeta, so why do you have that much downtime? Unless, of course, you hit the jackpot in the zeta challenge and got four in one day, which happens--rarely, but it happens..
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    An extra 16 per week is far too many! The back-of-the-envelope maths above shows that fairly clearly already but here's some of my own:

I find that if zetas are farmed exclusively from Fleet challenges and TW, it takes me around a month to get the 20 mats (an average of 25% drop from the challenge gives 16/17 a month plus a few from TW). In that time I probably get 40 or so omegas. That's enough for a zeta plus 6 omega abilities. However, it wouldn't be fair to use me as an example because I'm really game and have limited access to zetas.

A late-game player in a 100m GP guild has access to the following zetas in a month:
    • ~16 from challenges
    • 4-8 from TW
    • 27 if placing first in fleet
    • Up to 4 from the Wicket/MT event (these tend to be alternating months, I think?)
    • 1-2 just for logging in
    That makes just over 50 for someone who's first in fleet every day. To zeta an ability needs about half the number of omegas as zetas. That same player would get the following omegas:
    • 30 for dailies
    • 15ish from the zeta mat challenge (assuming an average of 1 per 2 sims, which seems conservative)
    • 15 from the mace windu challenge (assuming an average of 1 per 3 sims, which again seems conservative)
    • 8-12 from TW
    • A handful from GW
    • A sprinkling from events - let's say 5.

That's at least 70 a month, enough to put down 2.5 zetas/month and omega 2 abilities a week.

To me that seems pretty balanced. My figures might be completely wrong though - it does seem that a lot of high-level players are burning through omegas faster than this.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • cboath7
    461 posts Member
    Options

That doesnt really disprove my point that the rate of omegas would hurt the game. You also havent considered the chance for omegas from gw, assault battle mythics, omega battles etc. It all adds pretty quickly.

I would also point that giving everyone their omegas was a hypothetical thing, im personally not fussed about giving mob enforcer her omegas because of the sap on resources. However with that i wouldnt care because i could give her the omegas and then next week br ready for another zeta.

I don't know the rates, but i never spent an omega until yesterday when i hit 80. In the 6 months i've played I got a grand total of 22 omegas. 3 of which were a bonus for getting to lvl 80. Considering i've barely missed a day - the odds for an omegas i've seen so far is pretty negligible. There are some omega battles i'm able to complete, but they all require different teams.

One of the barriers to getting people to play long term is not getting them too frustrated or burned out. It's extremely frustrating to run into GW (for example) who are **** near maxed out on every skill on ever character, and i've only earned 22 in my entire time. At least it hasn't been the norm but it still happens.

I get not wanting hurt the balance of the game, but at the same time the name of the game seems to be grind. I've got 5 levels left to 85, but that's going to be what? 5-6 weeks? Grinding on mats, and grinding on purples and omegas, and then zeta's. I think i've got a whopping 2 zeta's - and one of those was the april monthly reward. Then you read about stuff like shard collusion and PTW aspects and the frustration level goes up and up.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Simply put omega crunch exists because the high amount needed for any character.

New characters have on average 4 abilities with 1 being a zeta
    So that it 28-30 omega and 20 zeta needed to max a new character if you are going to chase the new character.

Now with TB and TW players are being pushed to do those useless omega's. Many teams of useless characters are needed.

There is also fleet which has characters many may ignore otherwise however the kitten way they have tied crew members in means using omega's on crew members you might not care about to improve the ship.