Omega crunch is painful!

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    We all want lots more stuff. Of course, me too. It doesn't much work like that though.

Complacency isn’t always the best course of action. There are ways to loosen the bottleneck without saturating the market. For example, drop a guaranteed omega mat upon completion of a GW campaign. Guarantee an omega drop (just one) per roll of the ability mat challenge. That right there is an extra 16 omegas a week. Not enough for a zeta, only 3 abilities extra increased. Given the number of characters we have to omega, their zeta’s and the constant release of new toons, I don’t think 16 extra omegas per week will hurt the long term health of the game

16 omegas is enough for a zeta and it would kill any needing to plan ahead with them. You could very easily omega every toon within a year. So i think it would damage the long term health of the game.

Well, no. There is around 150 characters, so 450 required just for the the skills, then maybe 0.3 zeta per character at average 13 omegas, make for additional 650 required omegas. Good luck :)

7 omega's per week from daily login + the 16 extra that guy proposed is 23 per week, 1196 per year. That's without events and GW/challenge omega's.
    That's 96 more than your estimate of 1100.

Well let’s do some maths really quick shall we? There are currently 146 toons in the game. Some have 3 abilities, some have 5, so for arguments sack let’s use 4 as the mean for abilities per toon. Taking that number you have 582 abilities that need omegas. Now the majority do need 5. There are a few uniques that need only three but we are speculating with averages and majority (unless you want to take the time to go through every character and see which ones are 3, 5 and even still stuck on the purple mats in which case that’s even more potential to add omegas). Any way, with those numbers you have the need for 2920 omegas. If you add in the 16 extra per week on top of the 7 we get for the daily completions that’s 23. You would need 127 weeks to fill all the toons. And that’s not considering reworks to toons and added characters.
    Now if you want to say, well that’s still too much, then you drop one or the other. Drop the guaranteed omegas from ability mats or the GW completion.
    If you only make a change to GW that’s 14 omega mats a week meaning you’ll need about 209 weeks now with the current rosters. FOUR YEARS.

If you only change the ability mat challenge that gives you a guaranteed 16. That’s 182 weeks now. 3 and a half years.

The main point is that changes can be made to alleviate the omega crunch. All the above numbers are not even including zeta abilities. That’s just completing the omega abilities based on averages. So to those saying that my additional 16 would hurt the game long term, fine. Valid opinion. But to do one or the other that I suggested? If the long term health of the game is hurt by someone eventually catching up to the release cadence over 3.5 to 4 years to complete the omega abilities and theoretically max toon abilities by 2023....yeah....think about that for a second.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    cboath7 wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    We all want lots more stuff. Of course, me too. It doesn't much work like that though.

Complacency isn’t always the best course of action. There are ways to loosen the bottleneck without saturating the market. For example, drop a guaranteed omega mat upon completion of a GW campaign. Guarantee an omega drop (just one) per roll of the ability mat challenge. That right there is an extra 16 omegas a week. Not enough for a zeta, only 3 abilities extra increased. Given the number of characters we have to omega, their zeta’s and the constant release of new toons, I don’t think 16 extra omegas per week will hurt the long term health of the game

16 omegas is enough for a zeta and it would kill any needing to plan ahead with them. You could very easily omega every toon within a year. So i think it would damage the long term health of the game.

Well, no. There is around 150 characters, so 450 required just for the the skills, then maybe 0.3 zeta per character at average 13 omegas, make for additional 650 required omegas. Good luck :)

That doesnt really disprove my point that the rate of omegas would hurt the game. You also havent considered the chance for omegas from gw, assault battle mythics, omega battles etc. It all adds pretty quickly.

I would also point that giving everyone their omegas was a hypothetical thing, im personally not fussed about giving mob enforcer her omegas because of the sap on resources. However with that i wouldnt care because i could give her the omegas and then next week br ready for another zeta.
    I don't know the rates, but i never spent an omega until yesterday when i hit 80. In the 6 months i've played I got a grand total of 22 omegas. 3 of which were a bonus for getting to lvl 80. Considering i've barely missed a day - the odds for an omegas i've seen so far is pretty negligible. There are some omega battles i'm able to complete, but they all require different teams.

It's really not that bad a rate. The thing folks forget is that the rate of acquisition (which ISN'T the drop rate--that's constant across whatever method you're using) is tuned to your level. As in, if you're level 80 you're not going to need as many omegas because level 80 content doesn't expect you to have them, and your arena board all started around the same time you did so they haven't got them either.

Omega Battles are easy. It's having a team that's hard--and not even all that hard, just a time investment more than anything else. Get three characters from each faction and you'll be covered in all cases. You don't even need to gear them that much, level 80 g8 is sufficient for most of them. That's something you can work on right away and will speed up your acquisition before you're ready for the content that assumes you've got omegas coming out of your wazoo.

My personal opinion is that the rate could increase some. 10 a week is a reasonable expectation for a normal week, while right now 10 is a good week and you expect 8. An increase from 8 to 10 is a 25% jump.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    1 omega daily from completing activities.
    Ability mats challenge x3, 3x/week
    Ship ability mats x2, 3x/ week
    Occasional omega challenge
    Occasional omega drop from Cantina farming

I average 17-18/week, not counting occasionally buying 1 from Fleet Store. It's supposed to b a bottleneck and we r supposed to manage resources. I save mine like crazy. Nobody new gets an omega or zeta until I've done my research, checked forums, watched videos.

We get more than enuf as long as we manage them properly.

I have applied 23 zetas thus far and am currently sitting on 3 more. I assume, as an occasional spender (Dolphin) that got a jump early on ships...that is about average.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »
    It's all about choice, like most things in this game.

This.

• t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    PeteSolo wrote: »
    I dont understand this omega crunch ppl are talking about? I find Zetas is the rare one.....

Zetas: 22
    Omegas: 150
    Purple: 686
    Stop trying to Omega every toon. That is all.

Perhaps you're very new to the game but the game is constantly pushing the boundaries by making all factions relevant and needed for different aspects of the game. You kind of have to Omega almost every character plus even if I only Omega the legendary and OP characters of the game, most of which have 5-6 abilities, it's a ton of omegas.

I'm not new, and no you dont have to omega everyone.

This is a valid position to take.

The name of the game is resource management, expecting them to make any immediate or short term effective change in any farm is a sign that perhaps you are very new to the game, but I am probably wrong.

Same argument used when people asked for the removal of SIM tickets... it was an unneeded bottleneck, the game had changed. It was to difficult to remove, so they made them obsolete.

The game has changed again & something needs to change here as well. It's really not that difficult to understand. We already have more bottlenecks than we need to prolong the game experience. This doesn't need to be one anymore.

EDIT: I personally do not have a struggle with omegas. That doesn't negate that others do.
  • TVF
    36680 posts Member
    Options
    I find sim tickets and omegas to be a rather poor comparison.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    t0neg0d wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    I dont understand this omega crunch ppl are talking about? I find Zetas is the rare one.....

Perhaps you're very new to the game but the game is constantly pushing the boundaries by making all factions relevant and needed for different aspects of the game. You kind of have to Omega almost every character plus even if I only Omega the legendary and OP characters of the game, most of which have 5-6 abilities, it's a ton of omegas.

I'm not new, and no you dont have to omega everyone.

This is a valid position to take.

The name of the game is resource management, expecting them to make any immediate or short term effective change in any farm is a sign that perhaps you are very new to the game, but I am probably wrong.

Same argument used when people asked for the removal of SIM tickets... it was an unneeded bottleneck, the game had changed. It was to difficult to remove, so they made them obsolete.

The game has changed again & something needs to change here as well. It's really not that difficult to understand. We already have more bottlenecks than we need to prolong the game experience. This doesn't need to be one anymore.

EDIT: I personally do not have a struggle with omegas. That doesn't negate that others do.

This analogy is flawed. Unlike sims, omegas actually influence our progress so the bottleneck has some purpose. If someone ran out of sims, they could do exactly the same stuff, just in a more annoying way.
  • Options

It's meant to be a struggle. That's the whole point.

A game without struggle? Or challenge? Obviously would cease to be a game.

• t0neg0d
    616 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

It's definitely not a comparison of tickets & omegas... It's a comparison of an unneeded bottle neck and another unneeded bottle neck.

What happens on this forum consistantly is, the people who no longer struggle with an issue say 1 of 2 things:

1. I had to do it, so do you.
    2. This is a resource management game... git gud.

Neither is helpful.

CG changed the focus of the game again. We now need EVERY character, not just specific teams...
  • TVF
    36680 posts Member
    Options
    Nauros got it right. Read his/her post.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • cboath7
    464 posts Member
    Options

It's meant to be a struggle. That's the whole point.

A game without struggle? Or challenge? Obviously would cease to be a game.

I have no problem whatsoever with challenging content. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. I will say there's a difference between 'challenge' and saying you're open to do this at 75, but you have no chance in hell doing it until 85. But that's another story.

Challenge keeps people around. Plain and simple.

Struggle does not.

I said before i've been playing 6 months now. If not for the sim ticket change i wouldn't be 80 right now and I don't know that i'd still be playing honestly. As it is i'm playing 90ish minutes a day, maybe more. No sim ticket change and that would have rise a good bit which I don't think i really have the time for. I struggle to get in what i need done in that time frame as it is.

I'm not saying in the slightest give me everything and make it easy. Far from it. But, you know, you don't wanna go 1-2 weeks waiting for a payoff - constantly.

As for an omega for daily completion, must kick in at a higher level (i'm guessing 85) cause I don't get that still
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

It's definitely not a comparison of tickets & omegas... It's a comparison of an unneeded bottle neck and another unneeded bottle neck.

What happens on this forum consistantly is, the people who no longer struggle with an issue say 1 of 2 things:

1. I had to do it, so do you.
    2. This is a resource management game... git gud.

Neither is helpful.
    if the devs gave the players everything some players asked for, the game would suck. Sometimes the most helpfull response is "git gud". Just because some players struggle with a certain aspect of the game doesn't necessarily mean there's something wrong with the game.

CG changed the focus of the game again. We now need EVERY character, not just specific teams...

lmao

Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    OP I understand what you're saying. Key is to only omega the toons you plan on using at the time. I do this with zetas/omegas/credits/gear etc. I rather hoard and save for when the time comes I'll have it..than to need it and not have it. I know it's easier said then done..but after a few months of making correct choices and refraining from using resources carelessly..you'll have more than enough that can be used when you really need it.
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Options
    Two words- RESOURCE MANAGEMENT

There are 2 kinda of people those who manage their resources well, and those who don't.

For those who don't trying to correct them is a waste of breath (or you know finger strength because we are typing). If it isnt omegas it's zetas, SIM tickets, rancor raid gear, AAT raid gear, mkV stun guns, credits, g12 gear, wampa shards, the list goes on and on. There will always be a crunch and always be complaints untill they learn and deal with their play style and some of them never will.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Requiring such a large number of omegas to Zeta a character is really rough. I thought they might slightly ease the omega crunch... but when they added that ability materials pack with 9-20 something omegas for 1699 crystals I knew that was never going to happen.

The flow of omegas might be slightly too slow, but it's manageable, and there are worse gates to deal with.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Omegas are not an issue. Zetas are not an issue. Credits are not an issue. A player needs to focus on one team at a time and set goals. If your goal is to get CLS, farm the toons you need and save Carbanti and Mk V stun guns. That’s your focus. You do not worry about fleet, Arena, Raids, TB or TW. You focus on your goal. Once you get CLS maxed you move one to the next goal.

The issue is new players do not understand how to manage their resources and characters because they want to do good in ALL aspects of the game at the same time. The game is not set up like that. It’s time and resource management and building teams to achieve goals. I am finally getting around to finishing up my Imperial Troooer team so my guild can get more IPD shards. That’s my focus. My pilots are suffering, I am at rank 37 in fleet, but I am also not loosing rank so it’s no big whoop. If I do lose rank I just fight my way back up.

If you want a solo HAAT team focus on Admiral Akbar lead, obtaining Hermit Yoda, CLS, BB-8, and Ezra. That’s your focus to Solo HAAT. If you want to focus STR find the toons for each phase and build them. Same with HPit. Buy gear with the raid tokens instead of chasing Secura, FOTP, or the other characters that are just gonna sit on a bench. Plan, strategize and execute. There is no achievement for opening all characters or maxing then all out.

The Stun Gun and Carbanti crunch are real.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

7 omega's per week from daily login + the 16 extra that guy proposed is 23 per week, 1196 per year. That's without events and GW/challenge omega's.
    That's 96 more than your estimate of 1100.

Yeah, and _exactly_ ZERO toons will be released during that one year that needs omegas....

Poxx wrote: »
    1 omega daily from completing activities.
    Ability mats challenge x3, 3x/week
    Ship ability mats x2, 3x/ week
    Occasional omega challenge
    Occasional omega drop from Cantina farming

I average 17-18/week, not counting occasionally buying 1 from Fleet Store.

That might be the average, but if you feel like you're waaaay behind the average, it sucks. I usually get at most 10 omegas from ability mats challenge, ship ability mats challenge, GW, and Cantina collectively. So yeah, you can use this theoretical numbers, but very few people have this amazing luck of getting 17 omegas/week.

Edit: I haven't taken into account the daily login omegas, so you might be right.
    This analogy is flawed. Unlike sims, omegas actually influence our progress so the bottleneck has some purpose. If someone ran out of sims, they could do exactly the same stuff, just in a more annoying way.

Yeah, you can do exactly the same stuff of getting omegas, just in a more annoying way: buying from the Fleet Store.

With that said, I have no problems with resource management: I'm currently sitting on 41 zetas + 80ish omegas, and all the toons I've considered important is maxed (at least to the omega level, not necessarily to zeta level).
    But it's still 2 bottlenecks in terms of ability mats: omegas and zetas. Besides the gear bottlenecks. And the 'you don't have this or that toon for this or that event' kind of bottlenecks. Hell, there's even a bottleneck in low level (white, green, blue) gears, too. Well, it rather was. I have to give credits to CG for eliminating this low level gear bottleneck. At least I don't experience this.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Spang wrote: »

With that said, I have no problems with resource management: I'm currently sitting on 41 zetas + 80ish omegas, and all the toons I've considered important is maxed (at least to the omega level, not necessarily to zeta level).

nuff said.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Options

nuff said.

Perhaps, but my okay-ish resource management still does not validate your arguments against omega crunch is being painful.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    OP I understand what you're saying. Key is to only omega the toons you plan on using at the time. I do this with zetas/omegas/credits/gear etc. I rather hoard and save for when the time comes I'll have it..than to need it and not have it. I know it's easier said then done..but after a few months of making correct choices and refraining from using resources carelessly..you'll have more than enough that can be used when you really need it.

Then perhaps they should remove Omega requirements to zeta characters, just like someone mentioned earlier
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    Options

Sounds like your end game
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    To all those of you speaking about management, you don't see the big picture, every new character comes with 5-6 abilities, especially the good ones, they all have omegas in every single ability and between 1-2 zetas which require omegas themselves.

You say I'm wasteful when I still haven't even zetad any of my phonix, some don't even have all their omegas. I have no omegas in most of my Jawas, all my ewoks but teebo don't have omegas. No one of my Jedi other than Ezra, anakin, Kenobi, Barriss, Qgj, mace. No omegas on fulcrum, Baze, tuskens and other various characters. No omegas on Wampa, Hermit, some of my nightsisters. Still haven't geared or leveled holdo and rose, SA, ST, Sith Mara. Still missing omegas on half my clones and half my imp troopers, half my rebels, half my first order. I'm sure I'm forgetting something more!

That's more than half my roster and I've played for nearly 2 years so I would say my management is been pretty good.

Edit: throw bounty Hunters in that list too where the only one I have omegad is Boba
  • CPace
    151 posts Member
    Options
    I my opinion, 16 is too high. We should get at least 10 omegas every week
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

nuff said.

Perhaps, but my okay-ish resource management still does not validate your arguments against omega crunch is being painful.

I haven't made an argumet against the crunch, you just did.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Even if you have godly resource management, the fact that we got so many different events that are class specific and require you to use your entire roster shows that the game is MEANT to promote working on ALL factions. Literally the only useless faction so far is the tuskens who have nothing going for them.

Yeah Jawas are bad but you need them for Crit damage mods which are the most important in the game. Ewoks have their own events, nightsisters same thing. Recently Jedi became very important for assult battles which if you were clever and didn't buy into GM Yoda and stuff, now you NEED him, same with Aayla secura. Bounty Hunters, same thing. Add legendary events, TB special missions and faction specific missions. It's simply meant to use your entire roster! And no I haven't omegad by tuskens...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    To all those of you speaking about management, you don't see the big picture, every new character comes with 5-6 abilities, especially the good ones, they all have omegas in every single ability and between 1-2 zetas which require omegas themselves.

You say I'm wasteful when I still haven't even zetad any of my phonix, some don't even have all their omegas. I have no omegas in most of my Jawas, all my ewoks but teebo don't have omegas. No one of my Jedi other than Ezra, anakin, Kenobi, Barriss, Qgj, mace. No omegas on fulcrum, Baze, tuskens and other various characters. No omegas on Wampa, Hermit, some of my nightsisters. Still haven't geared or leveled holdo and rose, SA, ST, Sith Mara. Still missing omegas on half my clones and half my imp troopers, half my rebels, half my first order. I'm sure I'm forgetting something more!

That's more than half my roster and I've played for nearly 2 years so I would say my management is been pretty good.

Edit: throw bounty Hunters in that list too where the only one I have omegad is Boba

Sounds like you are in pretty similar place to me. You see, it's all about priorities. We were never meant to omega every single character, the purpose of the mat is to be somewhat exclusive. Not having omegas on Jawas and Tuskens is perfectly fine, the key is to give them to characters you are actually planning to use (not counting TW fillers).
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options

Sounds like you are in pretty similar place to me. You see, it's all about priorities. We were never meant to omega every single character, the purpose of the mat is to be somewhat exclusive. Not having omegas on Jawas and Tuskens is perfectly fine, the key is to give them to characters you are actually planning to use (not counting TW fillers).

Well yeah, all those characters, factions listed I have NOT omegad, including tuskens, ewoks and Jawas. The only Jawas I omegad are dathcha and engineer, I'm still missing a couple omegas on the engineer too
  • Options

Well yeah, all those characters, factions listed I have NOT omegad, including tuskens, ewoks and Jawas. The only Jawas I omegad are dathcha and engineer, I'm still missing a couple omegas on the engineer too

And for curiousity, where does it say you are supposed to have all the omegas you need to max every char? Can you show us this info?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

I know. I have most of my roster without omegas as well, and I see nothing wrong about it. If I suddenly decide to bring my Jawas to arena level, then I will invest omegas in them but now I see no need.
  • Bill0207
    375 posts Member
    Options
    I always try and keep around 13 in the bank. That way when I have enough to use a zeta and anything over that amount can be used for abilities