32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is why we cant have nice things.

Yes its difficult, it's supposed to be.

If you dont want difficult content, then dont play "end game content".

I enjoyed that match, I lost the first time through. Going back in shortly.

So because I’m suggesting that they cut it from 8 phases to 4, it’s not going to be nice? Care to elaborate?

Think of it as someone gives you a car and then complaining about the color.

The event is 8 waves, it follows that the mythic tier of the event would be the same way.

Well, to be fair, Dark Side Territory Battles have fewer waves than Light Side Territory Battles and those two events are theoretically supposed to be mirrors of one another. So they could totally shorten the number of stages in an assault battle if they wanted to.

I don't mind a full eight stages, but I also don't mind four harder stages. *shrugs*

That's not true at all, they stated in an interview that they intended for DS to be harder.
  • Options
    G12 CLS (no zetas)
    G12 Solo (no zeta)
    G12 ZzR2
    G11 Baze
    G10 Chirrut

Beat it on he second try. Lost Baze and Han. Stun Palp first then focus on Vader. Once Vader is out the rest is pretty easy.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

So because I’m suggesting that they cut it from 8 phases to 4, it’s not going to be nice? Care to elaborate?

The event is 8 waves, it follows that the mythic tier of the event would be the same way.

Well, to be fair, Dark Side Territory Battles have fewer waves than Light Side Territory Battles and those two events are theoretically supposed to be mirrors of one another. So they could totally shorten the number of stages in an assault battle if they wanted to.

I don't mind a full eight stages, but I also don't mind four harder stages. *shrugs*

That's not true at all, they stated in an interview that they intended for DS to be harder.

I meant structurally mirrors--Light goes left to right as you escape the Imperial blockade, Dark goes right to left as you drive the Rebels into their hole. You fight over the same territories with mirrored abilities--instead of setting up a planetary shield to block space AoE, you're breaking down a shield to allow space AoE; instead of defending a giant laser you're destroying the giant laser. You need Han to fight Veers and Probe Droids to get Leia shards, now you need Veers to fight Han and Leia for Probe Droid shards.

They're structurally the same except for one glaring difference (well, two if you count the extra territory in Dark Side) in that one has 4 phases and the other has 6. Why? ...I mean, yeah, I guess so it's harder, but there are other ways to make things harder that don't involve making them also shorter.

Similarly, they could make a Mythic event harder and shorter at the same time.

As I said, I'm ambivalent on whether they do or not. I'm just saying it's not some weird out of left field thing to suggest.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    I tried CLS,old ben,Ezra,raid han,r2 the 1st time and got wiped up.
    I beat it the 2nd time with CLS,rai han,R2,and a severly undergeared chaze.It was easy until I had Vader left bc hes hard to kill with his health.My toons started dying off from Dots,luckily for CLS and R2 stunning him every turn made it happen.
  • Options
    Run luke chase raid han and r2 easy
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    https://swgoh.gg/u/dralkyr/collection/?f=rebel
    Can I do it? I made it to phase 8 no problem on auto, but I lost Chirrut to Veers Ruthless Assault - I could have avoided that on manual and will try again later. I tried with AA, R2, Chaze, and Leia. I'll try later swapping AA for CLS.
  • Options
    zJyn L cls chaze and rhan. Went into phase 8 with full everything. Only lost jyn since she is only g11.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    I ran:
    Rex Lead g12 (Medpack)
    CLS g12 (all 3 pieces, both unique zetas)
    Han Solo g12 (all 3 pieces and zeta)
    R2 g12 (Medpack and both zetas)
    Chirrut g11

My mods are decent but nowhere near great, most of my mods are in the 13-10 category. Rex lead made it harder to beat the first 7 tiers because of the lower offense and heals but it makes the final phase very easy! You make sure tenacity up is available on both Chirrut and Rex and it's over.

Yeah I know my squad is mostly g12 with man y post 12 pieces and 5 zetas? So I won't say the event is easy by any means.
  • Options
    I actually found the mythic battle to be easier than the bonus battle since there are no one shot mechanics. I only lost protection by the end and never used the event skill. Used Cls, Leia, R2 and Chaze, all g12 with zetas. Killed Palp first then Thrawn and killed Vader last. Did first try, felt easy, just more annoying for the first 7 waves.
  • Odin_Noah
    230 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Ackbar gear 10
    CLS gear 12
    R2D2 gear 12
    K2SO gear 10
    Chirrut gear 9
    Is that the record lowest gear? Nvm, post above did it earlier
  • AxisBold
    29 posts Member
    Options
    This is far from impossible. I did it with CLS, raid Han, STHan, Churrit, and R2. All g12 except Churrit who's g11. My Churrit isn't even modded yet
  • Truf
    32 posts Member
    Options
    I beat the event. Tried many combinations. The one that worked for me was
    Cls lead g12 ibat zeta
    Baze g12
    Chirrut g12
    R2 g12 NC zeta
    Jyn g11

Speed on baze and chirrut is less than 150 Jyn 241 r2 and cls just over 200
    Managed to do it 2*

Personally I like the Uber hard events. If I don’t complete it it gives me something to work towards for next time around.

Enjoy the game man. Not everything should be beaten straight away
  • Snoova
    9 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Maybe I lucked out, but I beat it first try without losing anyone.

That being said, I did use a very strong Rebel team, so I can see how it could definitely be challenging for some players. I view Mythic events as a way to “reward” players for a faction they chose to invest in. I can’t beat some, but I invested in Rebels. Honestly, this should be one of the more “beatable” Mythic events for a majority of players, given how Rebel heavy this game is.

(Yes, I know not everyone invests in Rebels, and I have a lot of respect for players who choose to invest in toons they like instead, based off of what appeals to them the most in the SW universe).

For a reference, here’s the team I used (all G12, speeds are rough estimates):

CLS Lead (zBinds all Things, no leadership zeta, speed ~230, maxed gear)
    zRaid Solo (speed~190, maxed gear)
    zzR2 (speed ~230, maxed gear)
    Chirrut (speed ~200, maxed abilities, 1 G12 gear)
    Baze (speed ~100, maxed abilities, no G12 gear)

Phase 8 takedown order (excluding IG):
    Thrawn
    Palp
    Vader (last Empire toon standing)

Apologies, but I don’t have a post-battle screenshot, in the event you don’t believe me for whatever reason.

Sorry if this isn’t helpful for those who don’t already have really strong Rebel team, but like I mentioned before - I find these Mythic events are structured to reward faction investments.

You win some. You lose some. It’s a game, so try your best to enjoy it for what it is.

Best of luck!
  • Gemma
    8 posts Member
    Options
    Zcody and clones ezpz
  • Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    4626 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Cls - no zetas - g12 no pieces
    Ezra- no zeta - g10
    Chirurt - g10
    R2 - double zetas-g12 - no pieces
    Raid han- zeta - g12 - bayonet and med pack

It really has to do with timing Chirurts tenacity at wave 7. It’s easier than you think though. Most of the tanks are the last ones left which gives you time and turns to set it up correctly.

Vader is a beast here. Don’t sleep on him. I did and lost a few times when it was only down to him and like 2-3 other toons.

You can probably auto all of the waves besides
    The magma and sand troopers basically get got from their aoe because of Cls lead.

I was using Cassian instead of Ezra and it was enough to being me to wave 8 but not enough to beat it. Once I put Ezra in it was done.

These events are long. So auto until waves 4,7,8.
    If you find yourself with a cool calm 5 mins. Play it through.

If anyone wants more info on my toons:

https://swgoh.gg/u/loganthero/collection/?f=rebel
  • Skywalker1J17
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    G10/G11 poorly Modded Rogue One with zJyn Leader and zK2SO did it no problem for me.
  • Options
    I cleared the first tier without much difficulty. my advice stick to tier one with me.
  • Buckbeak
    39 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    If having low geared Chaze means you can win the battle “easily” then the mythic tier is deeply flawed. With up to 40 toons to choose from the only way to beat the mythic tier requires two specific toons? Why wasn’t the tier just limited to R1 toons, then? I’ve got 7 zetad Rebels and a bunch of them are gear12. The last tier should be beatable by any number of good teams.

I’ve been playing all day, can auto up to round with any number of teams, but 8 wipes me out easily every time.

That said i agree with the OP. There is zero point in having 4 filler rounds on plonking on stormtroopers.
    Post edited by Buckbeak on
  • Options
    MörderskA wrote: »
    Managed to do it with CLSG12, G11SHan, G11Zolo, G12 R2Z2 and G8 Chirrut.

Lol I did similar except CLS g12, Zolo g12, r2d2 (NCz) g12, old ben g12, and g7 chirrut lol
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I didn't beat it.

But that's cool. My team wasn't strong enough. If I invest more resources in then it will be.

Whether I do that or not is my choice.

No room for whining.
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    Options
    Just spam the special event ability all the time and you will win it! Every time you use it they all going to hit at once!
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options

I meant structurally mirrors--Light goes left to right as you escape the Imperial blockade, Dark goes right to left as you drive the Rebels into their hole. You fight over the same territories with mirrored abilities--instead of setting up a planetary shield to block space AoE, you're breaking down a shield to allow space AoE; instead of defending a giant laser you're destroying the giant laser. You need Han to fight Veers and Probe Droids to get Leia shards, now you need Veers to fight Han and Leia for Probe Droid shards.

They're structurally the same except for one glaring difference (well, two if you count the extra territory in Dark Side) in that one has 4 phases and the other has 6. Why? ...I mean, yeah, I guess so it's harder, but there are other ways to make things harder that don't involve making them also shorter.

Similarly, they could make a Mythic event harder and shorter at the same time.

As I said, I'm ambivalent on whether they do or not. I'm just saying it's not some weird out of left field thing to suggest.

This man....he gets it!
  • Buckbeak
    39 posts Member
    Options
    "No room for whining. "

Always room to whine about whining, though, eh?
  • Buckbeak
    39 posts Member
    Options
    gflegui wrote: »
    Just spam the special event ability all the time and you will win it! Every time you use it they all going to hit at once!

EP stuns, Thrawn fractures, Vader's DoT respawns. You want to think over that strategy?
  • Options
    Beat it with CLS lead, Han, Chirrut, R2, and Fulcrum. All g12. Zetas on CLS, Han, R2, and Fulcrum.

It was difficult but not impossible. Took a couple of tries mostly cuz I didn’t realize Vader had his zeta till it was too late in the first attempt.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Buckbeak wrote: »
    If having low geared Chaze means you can win the battle “easily” then the mythic tier is deeply flawed. With up to 40 toons to choose from the only way to beat the mythic tier requires two specific toons? Why wasn’t the tier just limited to R1 toons, then? I’ve got 7 zetad Rebels and a bunch of them are gear12. The last tier should be beatable by any number of good teams.
    It is beatable by multiple teams. Your team just isn’t good. People are using Baze and Chirrut because they have them geared already. Look around, folks are doing it with or without Baze, but most are choosing to do it with him because he’s good and why wouldn’t you want to use the good characters you already have?

I did it with four Clones and Luke. It’s easy.
    Buckbeak wrote: »
    "No room for whining. "

Always room to whine about whining, though, eh?
    Cut it out. The “complaining about complaining is still complaining” shtick is the last bastion of someone who got caught complaining but doesn’t want to admit it. Go kvetch somewhere else.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    First people whine about the mythic tier with the ewoks/jedis now people is whining about this mythic tier with rebels/clones. Next mythic tier will be with tuskens/geonosians ahah
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    First people whine about the mythic tier with the ewoks/jedis now people is whining about this mythic tier with rebels/clones. Next mythic tier will be with tuskens/geonosians ahah

Nobody is whining. Every mythic tier there is a collective discussion about difficulty, teams that work and the amount of RNG needed. This time I chose to include discussions about shortening the mythic tier of the event from 8 to 4. How is that whining?