Omega crunch is painful!

Replies

• TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options
    There are guilds like that, you get kicked out if you aren't working on the right toons.

Luckily I will never have to worry about that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »
    There are guilds like that, you get kicked out if you aren't working on the right toons.

Ya, I see some of that in guild recruiting..... I don't see the point of playing just to be part of a hivemind...

It's like all of these people I hear of leaving their guild for a heroic sith raid guild to get Traya shards.... All that to get them latest and greatest, only to have the latest be the greatest for a month until the new fancy toon comes along....

Life is too short....
  • TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options
    I can't wait for the day Traya is the monthly login toon and people lose their minds. ;)
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options

BubbaFett wrote: »

Ya, I see some of that in guild recruiting..... I don't see the point of playing just to be part of a hivemind...

It's like all of these people I hear of leaving their guild for a heroic sith raid guild to get Traya shards.... All that to get them latest and greatest, only to have the latest be the greatest for a month until the new fancy toon comes along....

Life is too short....

Let's not get ahead of ourselves lol, I never mentioned that my guild tells me which zetas to get or that they would kick me out for doing my own thing. I'm consistently top 10-20 in the Sith raid anyways but what I'm talking about is that if you're trying to get a squad ready for the raid and you are missing some omegas or a zeta and you have some, you aren't going to just save them. Also I don't know about "hive mind", I think it's called contribution and decency. If my guild is doing the best they can to overcome an obstacle and I'm not doing my part cause I'm selfish, then I probably don't deserve to be there
  • Options
    PeteSolo wrote: »
    Omega battles should not only give us one Omega it's kind of silly if you think about it they're called Omega battles and they only give you one Omega it doesn't make sense, it's almost ironic...

I wish they’d retool some of the old rewards... omega challenges, challenges in general, daily bonus energy based on higher costs...
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    Let's not get ahead of ourselves lol, I never mentioned that my guild tells me which zetas to get or that they would kick me out for doing my own thing. I'm consistently top 10-20 in the Sith raid anyways but what I'm talking about is that if you're trying to get a squad ready for the raid and you are missing some omegas or a zeta and you have some, you aren't going to just save them. Also I don't know about "hive mind", I think it's called contribution and decency. If my guild is doing the best they can to overcome an obstacle and I'm not doing my part cause I'm selfish, then I probably don't deserve to be there

Pete gets it. The typical things hSTR guilds are asking for are the basics... do you have the toons to do all the things in LS/DS TB's, do you have CLS, do you have JTR? If you don't, are you ready to unlock them when they come back? Those are not unreasonable asks for highly competitive guilds. Ours certainly recommends specific zetas, but they're not a requirement. We have a guy who has zero LS zetas. We all think he's nuts, but he still gets the job done. You do you, but have the basics so you can contribute to all phases of the game.
  • TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options

Life is too short....

1) Maybe you wouldn't save them, but I do it every day. Once I hit my target, only then do I improve the toon in question. My guild is not going to fall apart because I waited four extra days to get a few more omega.

2) Prudent stockpiling is not selfish. I'm pretty sure my guild has benefited from the fact that I was able to get JTR.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options

Life is too short....

1) Maybe you wouldn't save them, but I do it every day. Once I hit my target, only then do I improve the toon in question. My guild is not going to fall apart because I waited four extra days to get a few more omega.

2) Prudent stockpiling is not selfish. I'm pretty sure my guild has benefited from the fact that I was able to get JTR.

There's a difference between not spending omegas on a thing you need/would help, and stockpiling for an unlock (like I am for Treya). Still, not going to kick you for either. That's called setting goals. I think you're talking about different things.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    kalidor wrote: »
    My usual rule for omegas, unless there's an immediate need for omega abilities (before a TW, BHs' abilities before the bounty events), is to treat the number of omegas needed for my next zeta as "zero". So if I wanted to zeta a unique and it cost 13 omegas, I can only omega another ability if I have 18 or more. I find this works pretty well, as long as you have the anti-OCD willpower to ignore all the red dots in the character list.

Well does your guild participate in the heroic sith raid? I'm sure if you had 13 omegas and you needed a couple more to finish up a squad using omegas or a zeta for the raid you wouldn't tell your guildmates that "I'm sorry, I don't have any omegas, I can't do it". No you'd simply do what you have to do.

Your guild tells you how to spend the resources you work for and acquire? That is really lame. What is the point of.going through the daily motions of the game if you can't build the teams and collect the toons you want?......

I spend 8 hours a day living by someone else's rules to support the collective...... It's called work..... This is game, it's supposed to be fun.....

I don't think he's actually saying that his guild tells him how to spend his resources, but if you have a common goal, clearing the HSR, it's nice to see that all guildies are working towards reaching that goal. In his case; equiping omega's. There's nothing wrong with wanting to do your part imo. Afterall, once you can clear the raid, everyone benefits, so expecting everyone to contribute seems reasonable.
    In the end it all boils down to finding a guild that is the right fit for you. I would definately leave a guild that gave me toon farming orders and i would definately leave a guild that isn't atleast collectively working towards clearing the HSR.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    My usual rule for omegas, unless there's an immediate need for omega abilities (before a TW, BHs' abilities before the bounty events), is to treat the number of omegas needed for my next zeta as "zero". So if I wanted to zeta a unique and it cost 13 omegas, I can only omega another ability if I have 18 or more. I find this works pretty well, as long as you have the anti-OCD willpower to ignore all the red dots in the character list.

Well does your guild participate in the heroic sith raid? I'm sure if you had 13 omegas and you needed a couple more to finish up a squad using omegas or a zeta for the raid you wouldn't tell your guildmates that "I'm sorry, I don't have any omegas, I can't do it". No you'd simply do what you have to do.

Your guild tells you how to spend the resources you work for and acquire? That is really lame. What is the point of.going through the daily motions of the game if you can't build the teams and collect the toons you want?......

I spend 8 hours a day living by someone else's rules to support the collective...... It's called work..... This is game, it's supposed to be fun.....

I don't think he's actually saying that his guild tells him how to spend his resources, but if you have a common goal, clearing the HSR, it's nice to see that all guildies are working towards reaching that goal. In his case; equiping omega's. There's nothing wrong with wanting to do your part imo. Afterall, once you can clear the raid, everyone benefits, so expecting everyone to contribute seems reasonable.
    In the end it all boils down to finding a guild that is the right fit for you. I would definately leave a guild that gave me toon farming orders and i would definately leave a guild that isn't atleast collectively working towards clearing the HSR.

Well..... He did say he would have to tell his guild "no" when they asked him to.omega a toon..... But I can see he expanded on his statement..... So all good....
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Options

Life is too short....

I got the hivemind impression from your post when you stated you would have to tell your guild "no" when they asked you to omega a toon.... That implied that your guild interferes with your roster and resource management....

• PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »

Well..... He did say he would have to tell his guild "no" when they asked him to.omega a toon..... But I can see he expanded on his statement..... So all good....

Yeah it's not like I give them an ability material report lol, I just think that if my guild needs the little extra boost to get over a phase, I'll do it. An example is I was saving my cuffs for other toons but my chex mix wasn't on point so I gave both my cuffs to Chirrut to boost him past gear 8. Or like a couple days ago I spend 1200 crystals and 8 mil credits to get my Nuke Gunray from level 1 to 85 and gear 8 to use him in p2. I certainly didn't have to do it but I wanted to and it felt like the right thing
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options

Life is too short....

I got the hivemind impression from your post when you stated you would have to tell your guild "no" when they asked you to omega a toon.... That implied that your guild interferes with your roster and resource management....

Well they don't but I'm sure that's the case for other players
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    Options
    I usually have more zeta mats than omegas, just use them more
  • Options
    Thank you for the 2 free omegas from Yolo and Ridgemont High Chewie.
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    Thank you for the 2 free omegas from Yolo and Ridgemont High Chewie.

Yeah that's about 15% of my next zeta
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Credit crunch, Carbanti crunch, Stun Cuffs crunch, Stun Gun crunch, MK3-Detonator (blue gear lol) crunch, MK3-Holo crunch, MK2-Bacta (again blue gear) crunch, ... now also Omega crunch ... Hence, its almost like you have to grind! :tongue:
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Kronen
    306 posts Member
    Options
    The other issue is they used to run them back to back on weekends but after territory battles launched they have gone to one every week and a half. And people at level cap are supposed to get a chance at one from completing their dailes but I seemaybe one a month. Add in the fact you need 15 to zeta a skill and it's rediculous what we get.
  • TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options
    Kronen wrote: »
    And people at level cap are supposed to get a chance at one from completing their dailes but I seemaybe one a month.

Either this is an extreme bug that you need to report (unlikely) or you are not paying attention (likely). You get an omega every day from doing all your daily activities.
  • cboath7
    467 posts Member
    Options
    And people at level cap are supposed to get a chance at one from completing their dailes but I seemaybe one a month.

Either this is an extreme bug that you need to report (unlikely) or you are not paying attention (likely). You get an omega every day from doing all your daily activities.

At what point? is that another 85 thing?
  • Options
    cboath7 wrote: »

The omega is level 80 and up iirc, the mystery box is level 85
  • Semi
    133 posts Member
    Options
    Omega battles should not only give us one Omega it's kind of silly if you think about it they're called Omega battles and they only give you one Omega it doesn't make sense, it's almost ironic...

They are indeed old content. But they should add a 1% drop chance in the cantina node. That would become 1.01% haha.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Well. Yeah. It's omega battles because there are plural battles; not plural omegas.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • WallopTings
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Well. Yeah. It's omega battles because there are plural battles; not plural omegas.
    Your point is perfectly correct, but as an FYI: There are not plural battles, there are multiple battles.
    The word battles is a plural. The word omegas is a plural. Plural means a word that denotes more than one.
    The word plural does not. The word that is plural does.
  • WallopTings
    15 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @PeteSolo
    To OP - Once you receive one free omega per day from daily activities, there is no more omega crunch, as you call it.
    7 per week guaranteed + any that happen to drop from TW, Cantina battles, 9 x Ability Mat Challenges & 6 x Ship Ability Mat Challenges, then add TB/TW to that.
    Omega income is really not an issue to concern yourself with.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    The word plural does not. The word that is plural does.

I mean. You get that languages have figurative meanings in addition to just their literal meanings, right? Repeating plural looks nicer.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36721 posts Member
    Options
    @PeteSolo
    To OP - Once you receive one free omega per day from daily activities, there is no more omega crunch, as you call it.
    7 per week guaranteed + any that happen to drop from TW, Cantina battles, 9 x Ability Mat Challenges & 6 x Ship Ability Mat Challenges, then add TB/TW to that.

Then why am I level 85 and have more zeta than omega?

Answer: a lot more omegas are used by toons.
  • cboath7
    467 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Been 80 for 8 days now. Grand total of omega's for complete GW and all dailies, 0.
  • Options

Been 80 for 8 days now. Grand total of omega's for complete GW and all dailies, 0.

Your missing it then, check your balance before you collect the done all dailies activity, then check after,
  • Options
    @PeteSolo

Personally I have a purples crunch, not an omega crunch lol