Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Ships 2.0 is the suck
  • EAZY_E8
    12 posts Member
    Options
    That’s true too, but also the geonocians now, why are the bug minions able to kill Vader?!
  • Princerhaegar04
    26 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I love new content. That said we who have invested from the get go on ships and gearing them have been punked. You nerfed good ships like the tfp which you reduce his evasion and give him no shields and also made the reaper garbage. The real problem is having people with mediocre ships move up a big amount. Meaning anyone with a mediocre team and rng on their side can beat anyone. What a joke you turned ships into. Disappointing to say the least.
    @CG_Carrie
  • Ugnaught4Ever
    62 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Trump cancelled the North Korean summit cause ships suck so bad now
  • Fade
    7 posts Member
    Options
    Trump cancelled the North Korean summit cause ships suck so bad now

Best comment ever
  • TVF
    36703 posts Member
    Options
    Q: Why anything in this game
    A: Holograms
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options
    They don't test ANYTHING...are you just now noticing?
  • Options
    Really dislike new ships update. I've dropped from top 20 to barely in top 50 and still lose almost every battle. And it's not fun, competitive loses like I'll sometimes encounter in squad... It's more like "oops this game is basically over" on turn one. But then I still get 3 minutes of unpleasant grinding!

I'm very fond of the overall structural change, but the cost of upgrading ships is so high as to be prohibitive for what was already the slowest aspect of the game to farm.

Also, I would love the rebalancing of ships to make more squads competitive if it didn't come with debilitating nerfs to the ships I'd already farmed and invested shards, gear for pilots, ship currency, and ability mats into. And I have no idea why you added a 150 ability mat upgrade to capital ships... It makes it feel absolutely futile to even try switching to the ships that are boosted now.
  • Options
    How can Imperial Tie Swarm miss? 12 attacks by Swarm on a lone Non-Buffed Ahsoka Tarkin Lead AI opponent and it takes Zero damage. Jedi Consular is doing the same thing in different battles. Health and protection took zero damage. At Tier 5 that ship should have been destroyed outright, yet the tier 4 Tie Swarm that hit me annihilated my fleet.

The sun’s gettin’ real low...
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Really, something I've noticed.

Once you can figure out the AI's actions, winning is actually quite easy.

Like, I was doing a fight before where the AI did not Reinforce for 5 turns. FIVE TURNS. lol. Depends on what capital you are fighting and what they have out of course, its all about learning the new AI's actions, since the AI has been altered so much.

Managed to also beat the challenges the same way, just getting the AI to never summon a replacement.

Anyway-

Really the main problems I am seeing was they tried to do too much at once.

If they had done the ship revamps first before the pve table tease and the 3v3 changes and the ai changes and the everything changes, then we could have at least had a chance to get used to the entire new redesign of the ships, before everything else was then added.

If this was taken in steps, it would have been taken so much better by everyone. We could know how to make it Reinforce who we wanted to against any team comp, we could have known all about every change, and then made adjustments as time went on. It was too rushed.

Now poor 60's can't even complete their dailies.
  • Antisora
    105 posts Member
    Options
    Anyone else feel this way? With only 3 ships to start someone with 2% dodge randomly dodging an attack puts you immediately behind and it's harder to come back because you only have 3 ships. Before it was mostly just a nuisance. TFP dodges less but now when it does dodge it has more impact.
    2 Chimaera's with the same speed and theirs goes first? Better win before the ult because it's virtually guaranteed they'll ult first. I get the whole thing was primarily a money grab (want to get ahead? Spend $35 for some extra reinforcement mats!) but it would've been nice if they'd actually improved the experience. Instead it's now more random and luck dependent than ever before.
  • K_G0sling
    839 posts Member
    Options
    Ships are now stressing, and not fun. I’m well invested, and still stand with most in saying that.

Back to 5v5, keep the reinforcement abilities. That’s all it really needed in the first place.

-They’re not faster matches.
    -FAR more RNG based.
    -NERFS made me sad.
    -holy heck look at the last TW results.

I gave the update it’s chance (more than a few days/matches), completed a TW, and discussed with the guild. After all that, I came here to add my opinion in case this is actually read.
  • Options
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Just curious how do you do 10-15 battles a day without spending crystals and know what you are talking about? Those 10 extra attacks cost 100 crystals to refresh twice. There are some good points in this novel though.

I never said I don't spend crystals... On contrary, I very clearly stated: (as now I have to pay 50-100 crystals to stay/win #1)
    ;)
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Ripley_N7 wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »

Just curious how do you do 10-15 battles a day without spending crystals and know what you are talking about? Those 10 extra attacks cost 100 crystals to refresh twice. There are some good points in this novel though.

I never said I don't spend crystals... On contrary, I very clearly stated: (as now I have to pay 50-100 crystals to stay/win #1)
    ;)

Get Traya and 2-3 battles a day will be enough.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Options
    The real problem is having people with mediocre ships move up a big amount. Meaning anyone with a mediocre team and rng on their side can beat anyone. What a joke you turned ships into. Disappointing to say the least.

To be fair it's been like this ever since Chimaera was released. Ships has been garbage ever since, only worse now. NOTHING holds on defense. It doesn't matter how well your pilots are geared or what reinforcement you use. Chimaera wins almost always unless you get junk rng.

• Naz83
    30 posts Member
    Options
    As a f2p player i have done a lot to have a good fleet, so i can go up in ranking. I farmed hard for TIE Reaper, for Chimaera, and the other TIE fighters, and now they are useless. TIE repaer aint reducing turn meter on capital ships or i dont know what the hell happened to it, AI always comes quicker then me, reinforces quicker. AI Biggs ship always recovering protection with target lock ships, and i cant land a single target lock on AI... It's not fun that i managed to go down to place 33 with hard work, and now i'm on 71, and growing.. Cant win a single match...
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    Options
    Naz83 wrote: »
    As a f2p player i have done a lot to have a good fleet, so i can go up in ranking. I farmed hard for TIE Reaper, for Chimaera, and the other TIE fighters, and now they are useless. TIE repaer aint reducing turn meter on capital ships or i dont know what the hell happened to it, AI always comes quicker then me, reinforces quicker. AI Biggs ship always recovering protection with target lock ships, and i cant land a single target lock on AI... It's not fun that i managed to go down to place 33 with hard work, and now i'm on 71, and growing.. Cant win a single match...

You're not alone. They give the AI so much more of an advantage in fleet. I even added omegas to up target lock chance and they still miss more than land it. I've found the best way to win is just focus down on biggs and kill him first. Otherwise AI biggs protection just keeps coming back while they destroy your biggs in a relatively small amount of turns.

Fleet needs to be reverted back the way it was, which wasn't great by any means, but better than this. It's rare to see everyone band together in their hatred of something. Hopefully the devs will take notice and do the right thing.
  • swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    Bane1492 wrote: »
    Naz83 wrote: »

You're not alone. They give the AI so much more of an advantage in fleet. I even added omegas to up target lock chance and they still miss more than land it. I've found the best way to win is just focus down on biggs and kill him first. Otherwise AI biggs protection just keeps coming back while they destroy your biggs in a relatively small amount of turns.

Fleet needs to be reverted back the way it was, which wasn't great by any means, but better than this. It's rare to see everyone band together in their hatred of something. Hopefully the devs will take notice and do the right thing.

"everyone" ?
  • Options
    I waited until now to say that this has got to be the worst update yet. The biggest shock is people complaining about refreshing twice to play ships. Why enable them? One battle a day on auto from me for now.

What cg/ea has done to players that participated in ships since the beginning is despicable. We were grinding it out, day after day, to lift our tie ships for what? This garbage update? All the bugs?
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    well, 95% is pretty close to everyone, there is an extreme minority of people who like this update to ships happening to us all at once, and in this minority, most are either not in top 20 or in uncompetitive shards.

Here's hoping the ship pve table is just so freaking over the top awesomely that we forget about the pvp side of ships because of how much they have ruined it by making the AI better then it should be since it now basically cheats, 3v3's ruining diversity, matches running longer then before and we have less time to do it, Biggs, Biggs, Biggs and tie's biggs biggs

Biggs Biggs Biggs
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    well, 95% is pretty close to everyone, there is an extreme minority of people who like this update to ships happening to us all at once, and in this minority, most are either not in top 20 or in uncompetitive shards.

That's quite the assumption right there. Even on this very negative forum the polls don't even show 95%....
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Even if it was 95%, the majority of people here are committed, top of their fleet arena. So they come here when things in fleet start going wrong to express their opinion. There are very few, if any, complaints from newer players or players who aren’t competitive
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Even if it was 95%, the majority of people here are committed, top of their fleet arena. So they come here when things in fleet start going wrong to express their opinion. There are very few, if any, complaints from newer players or players who aren’t competitive

While that is also quite the assumption i'm not willing to make, those newer and/or not top20 players do account for the overwhelming majority of the playerbase.
    That said, i'm fine with disproportunately catering more to "top-players", and not just because they probably are spending the most money ingame.
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »

That's simply not true. There were some new players like myself complaining about it. Especially because the challenges now are impossible to beat.
    It's just that no one here cares for newer players so they stopped complaining.
    And of course most of the newer players didn't find their way to this forum yet.
    Tbh newer players or older players I don't care, but something has to be done. It cannot stay the way it is.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Ruprecht wrote: »
    It cannot stay the way it is.

Why not?
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Options
    Ruprecht wrote: »
    It cannot stay the way it is.
    Get used to it, bc it will. They dont care about playerbase, as long as more ppl start every day than quit. And as long as Disney produce more movies, as long many ppl will start playing here ... that simple.

Honestly, i believe, the game isnt designed for "end-game" ... its designed to grow until you hit high end and notice, that everything by now is just coin flipp, be lucky or die. This is the best moment to quit, before frustration takes over hand.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    Whoever is responsible for making the changes to the ships needs to be fired. I love how y'all made the most op ability for the ships a 1 turn less cooldown than every other ship and I'm talking about Thrawns insta-kill special that not only insta-kills any ship no matter what but also does massive damage to other ships and gives a full package of health, protection, and TM to an ally ship and to make things worse we only start with 3 ships to begin with. So its a big race to hurry up and hope that you can defeat those ships before that ability goes off which is hard to do when all you need to do is have a good tanky ship to drag it out 4 turns. All I ask is that y'all give Thrawns special a 5 turn cooldown just like Tarkin and A.Ackbars ships to make it a fair choice instead of a 1 sided coin with everyone using Thrawn as a cap.ship because of that unfair op ability, not everybody likes to run the same ships as almost everyone else in the top50.
  • Ruprecht
    112 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

Like I said, because the challenges are impossible to beat.
    Most of you guys don't care because you can sim them and already have your 6* or 7* capital ships.
    But for us still trying to achieve those goals it's just no fun at all.

And I'm not talking about the change from 5v5 to 3v3 which ruined the fun on itself.

The rework or nerfing of ships doesn't matter. I think it's OK with the exception of endurance, which is now even worse I've heard.
    Reinforcement abilities is a good idea as well.