Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    anyone notice sunfac's taunt not triggering when boba fett comes in as a reinformcemtn... that's really really life tilting

That's definitely a bug (pun not intended) but I can see how it would happen--The game probably only checks for buffs at the start of the turn, which would be the Capital Ship's action. It probably happened before reinforcements, too, but no one noticed because no one used Sun Fac :p Make sure to file a bug report! I'd do it, but I honestly don't understand the new bug report function one bit.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    capsular wrote: »
    I would agree with this, but I got into this game via my brother who has been playing since the game came out. He is NOT a fan of ships in general and my pilots are better put together than his--he focuses primarily on arena. I had access to his phone/account over the recent Memorial Day weekend--while the family was together--and moved him from rank 250ish to top 100 with the first five battles. I played his team exactly the way I play mine. If I had more time, I feel confident that I could have moved him to the top 20, even without him having perfect pilots like I strive for with my own account.
    Dark_Light wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    I believe that the majority of the committed player base has agreed that RNG is much worse, and battle times are running longer.
    I disagree with this. If you know the mechanics of the ships, these battles last anywhere from thirty seconds to one minute.

It doesn’t matter if you disagree,the proof is in these 50 something pages, that’s like someone stating a fact and someone else just saying “well I disagree”.

I does matter that I disagree, because I am experiencing what I am saying.

By my knowing how the battles work, I then know when and why to use each pilot's specific ability and which enemy ships to take out in a particular order to ensure success--all without having to really think about it. This ensures fast battles that typically last 30 seconds to 1 minute long.

Wait, so you know everything about ships? You know every mechanic, every pro and con, and somehow no one else does? And somehow this makes RNG hardly a factor in your battles? Oh wait, I was just informed you didn’t make the game, so you’re on the same playing field as everyone else.

I’m sorry to tell you, but you’re not the only one using your strategy. And its most likely not the greatest. The MAJORITY of the player base ageees that battles run longer. The MAJORITY. 58 pages of it proves that. And somehow, you think no one else has tried what your doing, that somehow you know better than all those people? I’m sorry but that’s just not true.

There’s a few things this update did well for ships, one being that it launched players back into ship battles. Even though people believe ships are worse now, they play more to learn and climb. So no, you are not the ONLY one playing ship battles.

I’m glad you have a working strategy. But realistically, it’s not gonna beat the top of the line thrawn teams in #1-10 position in higher shards. Let alone without RNG.

I just don’t understand how you think you know best
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    The majority of players who are the loudest complainers, you mean.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

True true
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    I would agree with this, but I got into this game via my brother who has been playing since the game came out. He is NOT a fan of ships in general and my pilots are better put together than his--he focuses primarily on arena. I had access to his phone/account over the recent Memorial Day weekend--while the family was together--and moved him from rank 250ish to top 100 with the first five battles. I played his team exactly the way I play mine. If I had more time, I feel confident that I could have moved him to the top 20, even without him having perfect pilots like I strive for with my own account.
    I believe that the majority of the committed player base has agreed that RNG is much worse, and battle times are running longer.
    I disagree with this. If you know the mechanics of the ships, these battles last anywhere from thirty seconds to one minute.

It doesn’t matter if you disagree,the proof is in these 50 something pages, that’s like someone stating a fact and someone else just saying “well I disagree”.

By my knowing how the battles work, I then know when and why to use each pilot's specific ability and which enemy ships to take out in a particular order to ensure success--all without having to really think about it. This ensures fast battles that typically last 30 seconds to 1 minute long.

Wait, so you know everything about ships?

No, I do not.

Respectable.
    You know every mechanic, every pro and con, and somehow no one else does?

Yes, I fully know and understand the benefits and limitations for all of the ships that I ACTIVELY USE in battle (and the ships that I am constantly battling on a daily basis).

But you just said you don’t know everything about ship battles. This here implies that you do...

Other people that take the time to understand and figure out the game mechanics do as well.
    And somehow this makes RNG hardly a factor in your battles?

Yes, it does make RNG hardly a factor in my battles (it does for yours as well, but since you fail to understand the strategy behind ships, you're blaming it on RNG instead of yourself).

I understand some strategies behind ships; although so far specific strategies have yet to be discussed. And I have not blamed RNG for the problem, but it is definitely worse in many shards
    Oh wait, I was just informed you didn’t make the game, so you’re on the same playing field as everyone else.

Duh.

(Hint hint: Sarcasm)
    I’m sorry to tell you, but you’re not the only one using your strategy. And its most likely not the greatest. The MAJORITY of the player base ageees that battles run longer. The MAJORITY. 58 pages of it proves that. And somehow, you think no one else has tried what your doing, that somehow you know better than all those people? I’m sorry but that’s just not true.

I'm sure someone else is using my strategy, or their own version of it, and succeeding just as well.
    There’s a few things this update did well for ships, one being that it launched players back into ship battles. Even though people believe ships are worse now, they play more to learn and climb. So no, you are not the ONLY one playing ship battles.

I never said I was the only person playing ship battles.

You said only s few people were. I just noted that more people are than before
    I’m glad you have a working strategy. But realistically, it’s not gonna beat the top of the line thrawn teams in #1-10 position in higher shards. Let alone without RNG.

Your ignorance is beaming here. I've already mentioned numerous times that I am facing 7*, zeta'd, gear 12, 5* modded teams and I am still placing in the top ten every single day. There is nothing different about any other team, in any other shard, than the ones I am currently facing, that would make my battles with them any more difficult.

I don't know best, I just actually know what I am talking about. This right here is what you fail to understand.

I still find no evidence here that you know what you’re talking about. And you’re gp is relatively low, with all 6* capital ships. If you were really facing 7* ships, that star might make all the difference.

EXACTLY.

It’s the majority speaking out, so I guess complainers.

If I sound ignorant, I’m sorry. That is not my intention. However, I have an issue when you say that you don’t know everything, and then say you know everything. When you say your strategy is the best, and provide no examples.

Edit: My comments are in the quote, sorry I guess just go along with it
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Wait, so you know everything about ships? You know every mechanic, every pro and con, and somehow no one else does? And somehow this makes RNG hardly a factor in your battles? Oh wait, I was just informed you didn’t make the game, so you’re on the same playing field as everyone else.

I changed my strategy and crush the thrawn players in top of fleet. Day 1 fleet shard.

I use (all mods maxed and 5 star) g12.5 akbar, g12 Biggs, g12 zVader, and a lousy g8 scariff and g7 bistan. The enemy always goes first and they always target bistan uwing. They can't kill them in 1 turn.

Then home one goes, I target their Biggs as he usually has taunt, I use my assist ability, 90% of the time either Biggs crits and inflicts target lock or Vader (who has a 66% chance of assisting) also target locks. When TL is inflicted bistan special bumps up my tm. My Vader goes, inflicting TL again, Biggs calls an assist. At this point there is a 95% chance their maxed out Biggs is dead as I have now hit him with no less than 6 different attacks without him getting a chance to gain protection back.

Their capital ship goes, sometimes it does aoe and sometimes it buffs.

Bistan gets his turn. He is usually ability blocked so I just hit their tie pilot. My home one goes again and brings in cassian. He calls Vader to assist on their Vader, it is now a 4v1. If their tie pilot doesn't evade the next 2 attacks its over. If it does it will end after his next reinforcement.

It is extremely rare that their capital ship ever even ults. In a 24 hour period I might lose 3 battles running an akbar in an active shard.

I watch the other home one at 410k power drop under 20 consistently because they use a dumb line up. I watch the thrawn fleets of equal power get knocked down over 20 ranks.

People have started avoiding my fleet, why? Because they cannot handle the fast killing power home one now has and the tm boosts that bistans uwing provides, even with a horrid crew. I would not be surprised if once I max out bistans crew and home ones aoe if I could hold first all day.

There are other options out there. Please, feel free to run this line up even with a 5 star uwing and watch the enemy get ravaged.

Also, sun facs stun against this line up is a joke as I can easily dispel it with both home one and Cassian once he joins.

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »

I changed my strategy and crush the thrawn players in top of fleet. Day 1 fleet shard.

I use (all mods maxed and 5 star) g12.5 akbar, g12 Biggs, g12 zVader, and a lousy g8 scariff and g7 bistan. The enemy always goes first and they always target bistan uwing. They can't kill them in 1 turn.

Then home one goes, I target their Biggs as he usually has taunt, I use my assist ability, 90% of the time either Biggs crits and inflicts target lock or Vader (who has a 66% chance of assisting) also target locks. When TL is inflicted bistan special bumps up my tm. My Vader goes, inflicting TL again, Biggs calls an assist. At this point there is a 95% chance their maxed out Biggs is dead as I have now hit him with no less than 6 different attacks without him getting a chance to gain protection back.

Their capital ship goes, sometimes it does aoe and sometimes it buffs.

Bistan gets his turn. He is usually ability blocked so I just hit their tie pilot. My home one goes again and brings in cassian. He calls Vader to assist on their Vader, it is now a 4v1. If their tie pilot doesn't evade the next 2 attacks its over. If it does it will end after his next reinforcement.

It is extremely rare that their capital ship ever even ults. In a 24 hour period I might lose 3 battles running an akbar in an active shard.

I watch the other home one at 410k power drop under 20 consistently because they use a dumb line up. I watch the thrawn fleets of equal power get knocked down over 20 ranks.

People have started avoiding my fleet, why? Because they cannot handle the fast killing power home one now has and the tm boosts that bistans uwing provides, even with a horrid crew. I would not be surprised if once I max out bistans crew and home ones aoe if I could hold first all day.

There are other options out there. Please, feel free to run this line up even with a 5 star uwing and watch the enemy get ravaged.

Also, sun facs stun against this line up is a joke as I can easily dispel it with both home one and Cassian once he joins.

Now this I like. This is an interesting strategy, and I’m almost positive this is what capsular was mentioning. So bravo to you
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    I love it. Using strategy instead of mashing the same buttons from Ships 1.0 and then complaining how terrible Ships 2.0 is because it doesn't work anymore.
  • Caljr
    162 posts Member
    Options
    I am an old player and my shard is One or the strongest since in the last beta most of top 15 was players of my ships arena.

I won the first place most of times since ships release and is my main source of zetas. Many ships become uselles with the update, Mace commander become trash, FO Tie Fighter and Reaper ships had a huge nerf, Imperial Tie Pilot and Fives was nerfed, but still have place, some ships was upgraded like Clone Sargent and Genosian's that sincerely was good only for players that invested on them.

The upgrade made all battles easy to win for advanced players, that only loose for the behaviors like Biggs and Vader dodged in same fights, or enemy Sun Fac with defense debbuf received less than 10k damage from ships with pilots XII.

Since most players can win with some knowledge of ships, now players that dont like arena chats can drop over 40 in less than one hour, even with any possible fleets with pilots XII, that means that Will spend more than the 400 crystals prize to have the first place most of time.

I dont like arena chats, and with the upgrade players like me lost that source of crystals, good only for chat gangs, and now i have to spend more crystals and time every day to have the first place for zetas.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    Now this I like. This is an interesting strategy, and I’m almost positive this is what capsular was mentioning. So bravo to you

You like this because someone is TELLING YOU how to beat it, instead of you yourself figuring it out.

So what? At least someone is listening and keeping an open mind.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Who's telling me how to win? I figured it out. Now all I have to do is farm the gear.

Does it suck that I'm not going to use a lot of these characters outside of fleet? NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Fleet is a valid and important part of the game, why would I complain that I've got to actually invest in my roster? Good Lord, stop complaining about literally every attempt to give you a reason to use someone. It's like you all just want there to be 8 characters in the entire game. God.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    Does it suck that I'm not going to use a lot of these characters outside of fleet? NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT. Fleet is a valid and important part of the game, why would I complain that I've got to actually invest in my roster? Good Lord, stop complaining about literally every attempt to give you a reason to use someone. It's like you all just want there to be 8 characters in the entire game. God.

Now that I have G11 Geo Soldier and SF I'll probably build up Poggle and Spy just for some TW fun.

This game can be fun. People here seem to forget it.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

Now that I have G11 Geo Soldier and SF I'll probably build up Poggle and Spy just for some TW fun.

This game can be fun. People here seem to forget it.
    How dare you suggest we have fun. This game is for winning only, and anything that doesn't directly lead to winning (But let's ignore the fact that you can use them to win territory wars and battles because that distracts from the point) is bad. Fun is bad. The game needs some sort of feedback system that sends an electrical shock to your finger any time you put a piece of gear on a character that isn't on the top 5% of gwgoh.gg.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

You like this because someone is TELLING YOU how to beat it, instead of you yourself figuring it out.

No, I like it because he has a believable example. I don’t have the right things in order to run this team
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Who's telling me how to win? I figured it out. Now all I have to do is farm the gear.

Who and what are you responding to, because what you're talking about has nothing to do with what I've been talking about.

So what? At least someone is listening and keeping an open mind.

Sure, he's listening to specific examples of how to run things, but look at his responses to me, he can't keep track of what I'm saying and is constantly repeating falsehoods to try to "win" the debate with me. Never once has he dedicated his attention to actually learning how to better use ships, because he doesn't actually have an interest in doing so; he just wants to complain at the developers.

I am not complaining. I’m fine with ships 2.0. But you’re original post was distasteful to me. In no way am I trying to “win” this friendly argument, I would just like you to understand that your analysis was not 100% correct.

I feel like being interested in someone else’s strategy would pass as me trying to learn.

Again, I am not here to complain. I love this game, personally I would say that I’m too devoted. My belief is that this update is for the health of the long term game. The intended meta is not what you are using (if you’re using the team Aluxtu was referring to), the developers suggested the geonosians as the new meta. So that’s what I’m working on, it’s a better strategy than my current team.

You’re original post suggested that the update was a wonderful fix, and I believe it was not as good as you made it out to be. (Also, you called everyone here whiners, which I was not a fan of.)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    Wow wow wow, you’re first post boasted NO RNG. It’s too late to change that now.

You don't get to define what my words say; I do:
    Know your strategy on how to take out the opponent's Biggs and then the rest of the ships--which is no different than how it was before the rework, except for there being LESS RNG thanks to there being less ships.

Speaking of, nothing I do in ships has to do with luck nor RNG. I have figured out the order in which to attack and how to most effectively maximize my damage while doing it--while also keeping my team alive. I then execute that 5-10 times a day in the fleet arena and get my payout.

"Nothing I DO in ships has to do with luck nor RNG."

What I do in ships is based on strategy and understand the mechanics of the ships system. RNG is a factor in the sense that my Biggs may hit for 11,000 damage and the opponents may hit for 11,001, but other than that, the balance is even.

Which means he was right - you said there is NOTHING in your strategy that uses RNG:

Which is completely delusional even if you are not using a TL team.

Tied speed in capital ships and lose the coin toss on who goes first? You probably lose. And end game you are facing tied speed capital ships because they both have the same stats when maxed.

And a crit difference of 1 point? Your totally delusional - My Advanced TIE crits for up to 100K damage with offense up, vs around 50K damage w/o a crit and offense up. That's a difference of one-shotting almost any ship vs taking away protection. That's RNG.

And the less chances there are for RNG to occur (less ships) the more likely the RNG is going to be the game changing factor that creates the win.

It's fine that you are doing well and using a non-TL strategy, but the end game is still heavily affected by and often determined by RNG.

^This^
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    You’re original post suggested that the update was a wonderful fix, and I believe it was not as good as you made it out to be.

I never suggested such a thing, but yes, I do think Ships 2.0 is a fine working base to build off of.
    (Also, you called everyone here whiners, which I was not a fan of.)

I do consider the majority in this thread to be whiners and uninterested in taking the time to learn how to best maximize their teams.

I do think there is a lot of complaining and toxicity here, but I guess we’re all just the most vocal
  • Options
    LoL - Well I seem to have edited away another post on accident. Good to know double-edits delete them...

To add to the above:

RNG is everywhere

Assists, dodges and resistances even out side of ITF - all RNG.

The TL strategy actively needs good RNG. But everyone needs good RNG when they are facing like gear opponents at the end game where everyone has the same stats - the passive RNG is what it likely going to be the deciding factor. Who gets the most dodges, who gets the best assists, who gets the most crits - etc.

Just because a strategy doesn't actively need RNG, the affects of it are still there and will a deciding factor once matches are more mirror like and everyone is gear the same.
  • TVF
    36620 posts Member
    Options
    If you edit too fast or too frequently, the spam filter eats your post. Ask a mod to restore it.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Wow wow wow, you’re first post boasted NO RNG. It’s too late to change that now.

You don't get to define what my words say; I do:
    Know your strategy on how to take out the opponent's Biggs and then the rest of the ships--which is no different than how it was before the rework, except for there being LESS RNG thanks to there being less ships.

Speaking of, nothing I do in ships has to do with luck nor RNG. I have figured out the order in which to attack and how to most effectively maximize my damage while doing it--while also keeping my team alive. I then execute that 5-10 times a day in the fleet arena and get my payout.

What I do in ships is based on strategy and understand the mechanics of the ships system. RNG is a factor in the sense that my Biggs may hit for 11,000 damage and the opponents may hit for 11,001, but other than that, the balance is even.

Which means he was right - you said there is NOTHING in your strategy that uses RNG:

Tied speed in capital ships and lose the coin toss on who goes first? You probably lose. And end game you are facing tied speed capital ships because they both have the same stats when maxed.

And a crit difference of 1 point? Your totally delusional - My Advanced TIE crits for up to 100K damage with offense up, vs around 50K damage w/o a crit and offense up. That's a difference of one-shotting almost any ship vs taking away protection. That's RNG.

And the less chances there are for RNG to occur (less ships) the more likely the RNG is going to be the game changing factor that creates the win.

It's fine that you are doing well and using a non-TL strategy, but the end game is still heavily affected by and often determined by RNG.

^This^

Thanks for the quote - not sure what I did but it looks like a somehow deleted it while trying to edit.
    Thanks for the quote - not sure what I did but it looks like a somehow deleted it while trying to edit.

I thought it was the moderators deleting my posts, but it seems that if you edit your post more than once, it automatically deletes it.

I stand by my original comment. Nothing I DO in ships has to do with luck or RNG. That doesn't mean it doesn't exist, of course it exists, it has to exist, but it is not being insanely disproportionately distributed.

Like I have previously said:

If you get the strategy down, you will beat the AI the majority of the time.

Yes, like I have endlessly said to the other person who tried to use my Shard as a deterrent to my position in this conversation, with maxed out characters, you will have an equal balance and it is essentially 50/50 odds as to who goes first. And this is bad because... ?

No, that's your Tie Advanced having Offense Up and probably Advantage vs your Tie Advanced not having Offense Up and Advantage.

Wrong, it is YOUR STRATEGY that will be the determining factor.

I am using a TL strategy.

If you’re using target lock, RNG is inevitable. RNG will always be a part of the target lock strategy.

Again, there are NO strategies that don’t involve RNG. It’s just there, and most players note that it seems to be worse after the update. That’s all.