Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    Developers? Are you going to comment. Ignoring the disagreements among the random nut-jobs who feel like arguing over the internet, are you going to do something about fleet or not? You have overwhelmingly negative feedback on the changes you made. You didn't properly test your rework with your player base before rolling it out. It's widely seen as an abject failure. You should have simply added reinforcement abilities and ship omegas without nerfing the existing meta. When was the last time you did that in the regular arena? Could you imagine going to a 3-person line up in the regular arena, nerfing CLS, Rey Jedi Training, Traya and Wampa? And if you did that, would you ever consider buffing Ugnaught, Lobot and CUP to make them the meta? Of course not--you'd lose half your player base. What you did makes no sense. Please don't settle on this as the way fleet is going to be, or you'll lose a lot of your most tenured, highest-spending players. I now loathe spending time on the game when I have to do a fleet battle. Why? Because I win or lose on a coin flip. I have maxed ships with omegas and maxed capital ship abilities and it's still a toss up. If you did this deliberately, please let us know so I can sell my account. I'm not going to keep playing a game I used to love when a big aspect of it is just awful and I have to play it every day just to stay competitive.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Souvient wrote: »
    are you going to do something about fleet or not?

Probably not.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/172242/ships-2-0-update-6-7-18

Adapt or give up.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    capsular wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »
    If you’re using target lock, RNG is inevitable. RNG will always be a part of the target lock strategy.

Again, there are NO strategies that don’t involve RNG. It’s just there, and most players note that it seems to be worse after the update. That’s all.

I'm going to say this to you as clearly as possible: the fact that you are unable to read and understand what I am writing in my posts above, explains exactly why you are struggling at ships.

I’m going to say this to you as clearly as possible: I’m not struggling at ships, I never said that. But RNG is always there. Always.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    capsular wrote: »
    Souvient wrote: »
    WHINE

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Alright that guy is whining
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    Options
    Well, after a week of not playing and dumping my worst ships into my arena team, I returned to the game as I missed my guild and the banter.

I also did the same with my arena team. I dropped to 1,300-ish in arena and 253 in fleet.

Decided I'd take ships steady and just try and remember the joy I once had in fleet. I first noticed the insane lack of movement in fleet which was a shock. Seems very few outside the top 50 in my shard cared. Barely lost a battle on my climb til around the 30's, then at the 20's I was reminded why I stopped in the first place. It's like an RNG festival of bizarre events, but anyway, back in the top 5 and still bewildered by this update (I've mentioned this numerous times) but HOPING this new fleet table adds to what we've lost.

The community in this game is passionate and enjoyable. I missed that and that's why I'm back. I'll tread more cautiously this time and I think it's safe to say, expect the unexpected over what should be anticipated. The player's know what will improve this game. Not stealing the dev's thunder but if they met us in the middle more often, it would go along way.

Good to be back and hope this thread is carefully sifted through by CG. There's some excellent points :smile:
  • Whatelse73
    2164 posts Member
    Options
    Well, a good start would be fixing all the buggy things that are still happening with ships. Especially Biggs and Boba.

AI Biggs still re-taunts after you wipe it with Tie Advanced. (Though my own has yet to do that.)
    AI Biggs (even a ship that I saw had a level ONE 5-dot mod and a couple 4-dot mods) crits harder than my attack ships do.
    AI Slave I uses his basic on ships AROUND a taunt.
    My Slave I has not counter attacked when he has retribution up (ships were not stealthed when they attacked)
    My attack ships seem to rarely crit (even my Gear 12, 5-dot modded Vader piloted Tie Advanced), compared to the AI's ships.
    My Crits are still far less than the AI's crits are. (My Slave I does crits of 5K A LOT. Seriously?)
    AI capital ship seems to regularly skip turns (even if I'm going FIRST, some how the AI Cap Ship decides to use its Nuke attack before I can)
    I have literally been up 4 ships to 1. Then suddenly one more AI ship comes in and my ships start shooting blanks, get crit destroyed in 2-3 hits, and then I'm down to 1 ship vs 2-3. Why is that happening? Especially against the same ships I'm using? I'm not going up against massively higher powered fleets either. I used to use my 290K fleet to bust into my fleet arena's top 10 of 350-400K+ and win fairly easily.

I'm at the point where I just click "auto" on my fleet battles. If I win, cool. But, my cap ship and front three are the same as most of the top 50 on my fleet shard. Not one Ackbar ship out of the top 50 on mine. Not. One. I've been staying in the top 50 every day, even if I'm at 48/49 I don't get bumped out of payout. Even if I make it to the top 20, I will sit there for hours. (I'd be curious if the "activity level" in ships has increased or decreased, as many would be.)

RNG matters to everything in this game. Your strategy involves RNG, whether you think so or not. I've watched all the same videos (as few as there are) that others have from GC's, players, chatting with my guild mates, etc. No one plays this game in a bubble where you aren't learning from others.

The biggest issue is, making us pull the cart up the hill to the horse. If we got the PVE table FIRST, then got much more info about what was happening before we switched to 3v3, then okay. You can call it whining all you want. But there are plenty of valid complaints here that should be addressed in some way or another. Your use of whine, makes them no less valid of concerns. Especially when there are so few answers from CG.
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Well, a good start would be fixing all the buggy things that are still happening with ships. Especially Biggs and Boba.

AI Biggs still re-taunts after you wipe it with Tie Advanced. (Though my own has yet to do that.)
    AI Biggs (even a ship that I saw had a level ONE 5-dot mod and a couple 4-dot mods) crits harder than my attack ships do.
    My Slave I has not counter attacked when he has retribution up (ships were not stealthed when they attacked)
    My attack ships seem to rarely crit (even my Gear 12, 5-dot modded Vader piloted Tie Advanced), compared to the AI's ships.
    My Crits are still far less than the AI's crits are. (My Slave I does crits of 5K A LOT. Seriously?)
    AI capital ship seems to regularly skip turns (even if I'm going FIRST, some how the AI Cap Ship decides to use its Nuke attack before I can)
    I have literally been up 4 ships to 1. Then suddenly one more AI ship comes in and my ships start shooting blanks, get crit destroyed in 2-3 hits, and then I'm down to 1 ship vs 2-3. Why is that happening? Especially against the same ships I'm using? I'm not going up against massively higher powered fleets either. I used to use my 290K fleet to bust into my fleet arena's top 10 of 350-400K+ and win fairly easily.

I'm at the point where I just click "auto" on my fleet battles. If I win, cool. But, my cap ship and front three are the same as most of the top 50 on my fleet shard. Not one Ackbar ship out of the top 50 on mine. Not. One. I've been staying in the top 50 every day, even if I'm at 48/49 I don't get bumped out of payout. Even if I make it to the top 20, I will sit there for hours. (I'd be curious if the "activity level" in ships has increased or decreased, as many would be.)

RNG matters to everything in this game. Your strategy involves RNG, whether you think so or not. I've watched all the same videos (as few as there are) that others have from GC's, players, chatting with my guild mates, etc. No one plays this game in a bubble where you aren't learning from others.

The biggest issue is, making us pull the cart up the hill to the horse. If we got the PVE table FIRST, then got much more info about what was happening before we switched to 3v3, then okay. You can call it whining all you want. But there are plenty of valid complaints here that should be addressed in some way or another. Your use of whine, makes them no less valid of concerns. Especially when there are so few answers from CG.

Lots of claims there. Claims I haven't experienced. Perhaps videos showing what you describe might be best. Maybe there's a nuance you didn't pick up on, and video will allow others to more easily follow your train of thought.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Whatelse73 wrote:
    [...]

I haven't experienced any of the "buggy things" mentioned but I can imagine what causes the first one.
    1) If your Tie Advanced is TLed (which is quite often the case) and the enemy also has Tie Advanced in his fleet (pretty much guaranteed in fleet arena), it is quite likely that you'll use the special ability to wipe TL in the 2nd turn as most people use his basic attack in the 1st turn. If TL on your Tie Advanced expires after his 2nd turn, it'll automatically come up again due to the unique ability from Tie Advanced and thus trigger another taunt from Biggs.
    2) This can happen when he counters an attack that has just triggered the taunt. In that case the taunt doesn't seem to count yet (happens with all countering ships not just Slave 1). However, I have no clue how something like that could happen during the turn of AI Slave 1.
  • Options
    One thing that would be a really simple aid to combating this RNG nonsense is having a pass turn option. I just lost a match for the top spot because I was forced to roll the dice on the Imperial tie dodge and it happened to get the deciding RNG/non-foresighted dodge. The RNG dodge leap frogged my capital ship. I strategically used my imp tie’s controllable foresight to gain the upper hand on the capital ship front, while preventing the AI tie to use its secondary attack for multiple turns with ability blocks. Yet the deciding factor was a forced RNG roll. RNG itself is one annoying thing. Losing a match solely because I was forced to roll the dice, when I didn’t need to make one more attack with a ship, is an entirely different annoying thing, and one that should be avoidable using something most turn-based video games have: A pass turn option. Seems exceedingly reasonable and easy to implement this.
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Hoopty wrote: »
    One thing that would be a really simple aid to combating this RNG nonsense is having a pass turn option.

Just use Thrawn as a leader instead of a ship commander. :p
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    “Ships is so much slower and RNG dependent!”
    - Most People Here

CLMAnjF.jpg
    -Me
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    Ender22 wrote: »
    “Ships is so much slower and RNG dependent!”
    - Most People Here

CLMAnjF.jpg
    -Me

"I don't want to build up Geonosians because they're useless everywhere else (except territory wars, territory battles, raids, and fleet.)"

I want a rolled up newspaper and a spray bottle and just tell folks NO quite often now.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    And soon enough, Ackbar's leadership will change to "a 10% chance of a rebel assisting" and Tusken's wil get new zetas that turn them into the new lords of HAAT. Maybe Death Mark gets nerfed to have no effect on raid bosses, but Ugnaught will get a zeta that sort of makes Chex viable, but only if Lobot is present and also zeta'd.

The bugs are no longer useless, and everyone is now farming them and hoarding ship omegas to get to their Level 8 uniques. The nerf/substitute precedent is a dangerous one.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    Wow, the entire player base is justified in hating Ships 2.0, proven by Smithie D in this video. Shame on you CG, it’s been so long .

https://youtu.be/TWcc56QfCBk
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options
    Do you have to post that everywhere?
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    Wow, the entire player base is justified in hating Ships 2.0, proven by Smithie D in this video. Shame on you CG, it’s been so long .

Dude, chill. It’s not the end of the game. Don’t play if you persist on hating ships 2.0 so much. (And yeah, quite a few folks like it.)
  • Options
    @Nihion The irony. This was sarcasm.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    @Nihion The irony. This was sarcasm.

My mistake, thank you for the correction
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options

Dude, chill. It’s not the end of the game. Don’t play if you persist on hating ships 2.0 so much. (And yeah, quite a few folks like it.)

I actually like ships 2.0. Particularly because I upgraded past the RNG Tie game.l to the Bugs. But probably because of this bug in the first place.
    TVF wrote: »

Yeah, I felt the need to post it on both ships conversations since there is a split in the same thread type.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options

I actually like ships 2.0. Particularly because I upgraded past the RNG Tie game.l to the Bugs. But probably because of this bug in the first place.

Yeah, I felt the need to post it on both ships conversations since there is a split in the same thread type.

Got that, my bad. I wouldn’t say I like ships 2.0, but I believe it’s better than 1.0
  • Options
    CG could have fixed most of these coin-flip issues by either allowing you to mod ships themselves or by letting the added speed via mods on the pilots to carry over. There would be much less RNG.

I MUCH like this idea about the pilots speed directly affecting the ships speed. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!!

My biggest complaint is the ridiculous target lock the AI gets and I get none. My TFP goes, nothing. Biggs doesn't crit. FOTP attacks twice and doesn't get target lock. Then it's game over. So effing stupid. Worst update to this game so far.
  • Options
    CG could have fixed most of these coin-flip issues by either allowing you to mod ships themselves or by letting the added speed via mods on the pilots to carry over. There would be much less RNG.

I MUCH like this idea about the pilots speed directly affecting the ships speed. THIS NEEDS TO HAPPEN!!!!

My biggest complaint is the ridiculous target lock the AI gets and I get none. My TFP goes, nothing. Biggs doesn't crit. FOTP attacks twice and doesn't get target lock. Then it's game over. So effing ****. Worst update to this game so far.

Haven't you been reading? They want us to invest in the Bugs - you know until they either nerf the bugs or introduce a new ship to counter the bugs... and so your investment in them AND the reaper both go down the hole.
    ABC - Always Be Closing the next sale...
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • TVF
    36603 posts Member
    Options

I thought I counted at least 3 if not 4 places but ok.
  • Options
    Does anyone know where to go to report bug issues? My falcon is supposed to have a 75% chance for a second shot... has yet to happen and I've used it for months. Vaders ship is supposed to inflict damage over time with his reinforcement which sometimes happens but not always and not on all enemy ships. I played a match the other day and their capital ship brought in 2 reinforcements back to back. Perhaps there's other mechanics at play that I'm not aware of, since I'm fairly new (About 6 months), so it might be fair play. I also notice that foresight doesn't always work... there are more issues I've noticed but don't know where to go to bring them up.
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    Options
    I absolutely hate this update, can't you just admit it was a mistake and roll back?
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options

Oh wow, didn’t know. I’m only a part of 2 ships conversation threads
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options

It probably got posted in a couple more spots by other folks, but no one really reads who posts what. Lucky for you, you have a unique-enough avatar that someone might notice as they're scrolling down, but they still won't read the name. True fact? Right now, I still haven't read your name and I'm directly replying to you. It's even in the quote block, but I'm looking at what I'm typing to make sure I don't misspell anything.
    Then why ever equip anything other than speed secondaries ever? Like, it's already bad enough as is, why make it worse? "I don't like ships" should be solved by fixing ships, if that's what you feel, not by transfering it to "I don't like mods."
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

It probably got posted in a couple more spots by other folks, but no one really reads who posts what. Lucky for you, you have a unique-enough avatar that someone might notice as they're scrolling down, but they still won't read the name. True fact? Right now, I still haven't read your name and I'm directly replying to you. It's even in the quote block, but I'm looking at what I'm typing to make sure I don't misspell anything.

Lol, you’re like, that Revan is posting everywhere.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Lol, you’re like, that Revan is posting everywhere.

Ha! You know what I just thought of? Revan’s hella popular, so I bet everyone just assumes all Revans are the same poster. It’s a liiiittle revancist.