In defense of CG (calm down people)

Replies

• Options
    Aluxtu wrote: »
    That's the problem with hstr. Its the only one that gives valuable rewards and requires a mass of specific teams. I spent 2 months farming vets, after months farming fo to get bb8. I unlocked jtr. I am 3 pieces away from g12 on her, my bb8 is maxed out, my hermit Yoda is nearly 7 stars and also maxed out as far as 6 stars can go. My r2d2 and resistance trooper need some work. My p2 and p3 teams are already solid. My night sisters are about to punch into the 7 star deadly range, and I can't stand it. Why? Because I want to build up the teams that I like. I want to max out my ewoks, or my jawa. Even if their useless. Or spend some time on my bounty hunters. I want to level the toons that I like to have fun, but I also want to contribute to my guilds progress.

Ever since str was released and they made it clear that only hstr would give meaningful rewards it has been all about building up for it, but I don't like half the teams needed for it. My guild needs more jtr... I just want to have fun and build up kit fisto without screwing over guild members.

I think str sucks the fun out of the game because it has such a high demand for people to stay competitive and has very forced teams comps to have a shot at it. I have all the toons I need to do well in it and most are geared up and ready for hstr, but my desire to play those characters is at an all time low.

First there are things about STR that need to be addressed so I'm not here to say it's perfect. But complaining because you have to build up a bunch of teams for THE end game material is missing the point. It is suppose to be hard and require a bunch of teams that most people don't have. Trust me I feel your pain. I've been in the game for almost a year and a half. Shortly after I started I had to farm the toons for Thrwan, R2, CLS, LSTB, BB8, DSTB, JTR, TW and then HSR. But it's my choice to go after the teams to do those. You don't have to try to stay on top of every special toon or event. Will it affect how you help your guild? Maybe if you are in a competitive guild. But that is your choice. Don't want the pressure go to a causal guild. It's your choice to feel forced. I don't want them to slow down the content they add to the game. Which is what you are asking. When they add stuff it should require most people to have to build teams up to complete it. Otherwise what's the point just give everyone free stuff instead of having developers waste the time to design it.

Plenty of actual issues to talk about this is a problem of your own choosing man.
  • pac0naut
    3236 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    EyeG_80ate wrote: »
    The system is set up to make strong guilds either internally fight over top 10 rewards or split up

I have yet to see any evidence of this (and it seems unlikely to be a problem). Guilds will either A) set up a rotation for top 10 (assuming everyone is capable of similar damage numbers and are reasonable humans). 2) If the guild is being carried by a few people with all the best teams, those carrying the guild deserve the top 10 spots (and anyone that thinks otherwise is just being silly)

Bingo. I had to build up from 1 shard payout on heroic rancor, till I could almost solo it. By that time better players in my guild had 7 star han and just let us play through it. Now I'm usually 1st place and the guys not playing can solo it with there cls by himself.

Same applies for haat and hstr. Top of your guild will get her and then, if they are reasonable... will rotate out till everyone does.

No they won't - nor should they. This isn't about Traya. Most guilds that have HSith going already have all 50 with Traya unlocked (ours does and we face 40+ Trayas in every TW). It's entirely about the g12+ gear, which makes it an entirely different issue from HAAT or Rancor

No one will ever be "done" with g12+ gear. That's the issue. Everyone is going to be in continual need of g12+ gear - especially as the meta shifts.

I'm not quite sure why people don't realize that this is a major detriment to long-term guild structure stability. I also find it quite telling that the people saying it's not a problem or not going to be have largely been playing for a year or less. The people actually experienced at this game (and the way CG/EA works) are the ones voicing concerns. Concerns that will likely go unheeded or ignored.

@Nikoms565 they don't get it because a lot of them are:

A: not in a high level guild
    B: not completing hsr
    C: they can't comprehend either scenarios yet with the gear

I can tell you this: I have already seen / heard people in higher level guilds say "why am I going to stay tripping over the top 3 or top 10 when I can drop to a guild that just barely clears hsr and get the top rewards?"

To me, that's not within the spirit of a raid, but that's how cg decide to do it. Will guilds collapse? Probably not, but there's a lot of *not happy people* out there right now. There's a lot of backpacking going on in guilds that they don't care about anything just as long as they get Traya shards. That only goes so far. Traya shards are NOT equal to the G12.5.

Guilds with higher gp get rewarded in tw and tbs. Both only come a handful of times per month. Sith raid you can fire up every two to three days. It's almost like you're being penalized for being in a high level guild.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    I'll be the devil's advocate here and defend CG.

The past week has been tumultuous, with DSTB bugs, yoda mythic backlash, hSTR, etc. But some of you folks have definitely overreacted...

YODA MYTHIC

firstly: NOBODY lost any rewards. We're all just assuming that the next time it shows up, there won't be any mods. Now, this definitely may be true, but all they're saying is that they will remove mods until they figure out how to display the thing properly. this DOES NOT AFFECT ALL MYTHICS, so calm down.

DSTB

The "substantial makegood" has yet to show up. If it's bad, I'll be handing out pitchforks, but let's just wait and see. If they compensate us properly, there's no need to get pre-emptively upset.

hSTR

DISCLAIMER: this refers to players who have a GP of about 1.5-2M or above (i.e. played through the CLS meta or before)

The arena teams you've possibly built include Titans, Nightsisters, RJT, zzEP, or the like. RJT murders P1, zzEP can get you 2%, Titans nets 3/5 for Chex Mix, and you're more or less Heroic ready.

TB has already made clear they want strong players to band together and weaker ones to stick together. hSTR is just another step in this direction.

If you're a whale, move to a proper guild. If you're someone who thinks he's not heroic ready, look through your roster, build 3-4 teams and put forth an application on any of the guild recruitment areas.

If you want to play with friends, fine, but don't expect to get Traya or G12+.

I completely agree with you about DSTB. Let's wait and see. Although to be fair CG has not always done a good job of this and by some recent comments may not understand what is actually useful to the player base so I understand the concern here. But people should wait and see but have the pitchforks ready.

The Yoda thing they botched completely. No it does not affect all Mythics. No nobody lost any rewards. So all they had to say was there was some misunderstand for the Yoda Mythic rewards so we need to take a look at this for next time. Jumping the gun and saying we are taking Mods out of the rewards is stupid because there are some easy fixes that are already in the game or they could come up with something else before it comes around next time so the community might not have needed to know anything. Then they doubled down on it saying mods are the least valuable reward. That right there showed the disconnect they have with the player base and even the game outside of the vacuum they test it in. Everyone knows that mods make the difference and speed rules. CG just showed they have no understanding of that. On top of it they addressed an issue that was brought up by a small number of people whereas their exist pages with dozens of complaints that they have not even said they are taking a look at. Because apparently those who complain the most the quickest will get attention. CG just opened Pandora's Box that they have to own up to.

Your HSR point is trying to simply a complicated issue. So not going to spend the time on this.
  • Options
    Nomad1941 wrote: »

The past week has been tumultuous, with DSTB bugs, yoda mythic backlash, hSTR, etc. But some of you folks have definitely overreacted...

YODA MYTHIC

firstly: NOBODY lost any rewards. We're all just assuming that the next time it shows up, there won't be any mods. Now, this definitely may be true, but all they're saying is that they will remove mods until they figure out how to display the thing properly. this DOES NOT AFFECT ALL MYTHICS, so calm down.

DSTB

The "substantial makegood" has yet to show up. If it's bad, I'll be handing out pitchforks, but let's just wait and see. If they compensate us properly, there's no need to get pre-emptively upset.

hSTR

DISCLAIMER: this refers to players who have a GP of about 1.5-2M or above (i.e. played through the CLS meta or before)

The arena teams you've possibly built include Titans, Nightsisters, RJT, zzEP, or the like. RJT murders P1, zzEP can get you 2%, Titans nets 3/5 for Chex Mix, and you're more or less Heroic ready.

TB has already made clear they want strong players to band together and weaker ones to stick together. hSTR is just another step in this direction.

If you're a whale, move to a proper guild. If you're someone who thinks he's not heroic ready, look through your roster, build 3-4 teams and put forth an application on any of the guild recruitment areas.

I completely agree with you about DSTB. Let's wait and see. Although to be fair CG has not always done a good job of this and by some recent comments may not understand what is actually useful to the player base so I understand the concern here. But people should wait and see but have the pitchforks ready.

The Yoda thing they botched completely. No it does not affect all Mythics. No nobody lost any rewards. So all they had to say was there was some misunderstand for the Yoda Mythic rewards so we need to take a look at this for next time. Jumping the gun and saying we are taking Mods out of the rewards is **** because there are some easy fixes that are already in the game or they could come up with something else before it comes around next time so the community might not have needed to know anything. Then they doubled down on it saying mods are the least valuable reward. That right there showed the disconnect they have with the player base and even the game outside of the vacuum they test it in. Everyone knows that mods make the difference and speed rules. CG just showed they have no understanding of that. On top of it they addressed an issue that was brought up by a small number of people whereas their exist pages with dozens of complaints that they have not even said they are taking a look at. Because apparently those who complain the most the quickest will get attention. CG just opened Pandora's Box that they have to own up to.

Your HSR point is trying to simply a complicated issue. So not going to spend the time on this.

I honestly think the removal of the mods from the Yoda mythic event was a retaliatory action against the obnoxiousness of people complaining about the rewards from a relatively easy event. I don't blame them. They designed the game. They know the importance of mods.
  • Options
    Rebel_yell wrote: »

I honestly think the removal of the mods from the Yoda mythic event was a retaliatory action against the obnoxiousness of people complaining about the rewards from a relatively easy event. I don't blame them. They designed the game. They know the importance of mods.

Really?!? People are complaining and obnoxiousness about everything in the game. They choose this and say mods are the least valuable reward. That shows they don't understand the importance. One mod can make a huge difference right away. One piece of g12 gear < Mod that hits on speed. It will take a number of events to even get a g12 piece whereas you can get several mods that are usable right away. They don't get it and people have a right to blame them for that. Communication alone could have addressed this if that was the issue. They could state that the Yoda event is for developing players and the Mythic level is so people can replay it. We choose to add some rewards to it but these rewards are not for end game users. Boom done.

All of CG's issues could be mitigated by added communication. If they are retaliating then they are just going to drive people away. CG has a PR issue and they keep tripping over themselves. Just have one dev handle one of the big questions a day and respond to it. Even just to say they are looking into it would help as long as they say we understand these are your issues we are trying to come up with an answer for. Then note that some of these issues won't be changed because of game balance but we are looking at it. Not complicated. Yes they would have to write up an answer. Have it checked by the higher ups to make sure nothing was being promised. Done. Then people at least have answers. Like it or not it is what it is. No one is going to like every aspect of this game and most players understand that. You play the parts you want to so you have the experience you want to.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    lc7v5nr3ss6e.png

@UltimateSeaDog you think these rewards are fair for a completion for HSTR? I certainly don’t.

10000000x better than T4/5/6

Your rewards should be better do you think they should be x(infinity sign) better ???

I agree it will take you forever to combine G12+ stuff but it will take everyone else forever x100

At least ya got the X100

That’s the main issue though. 100x better than garbage is still garbage. There’s no reason why this should be the attitude. Not coming down on you but it further proves that rewards need a rework across the board.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    lc7v5nr3ss6e.png

@UltimateSeaDog you think these rewards are fair for a completion for HSTR? I certainly don’t.

At rank 23 of 50... yeah I do. Now at 1 of 50... no I dont.

You are in the middle of the pack. Your rewards will be middle of the road.

These rewards are not middle of the road. The only thing “middling” is the amount of g12+ gear being awarded. Everything else is absolute trash. 4/70 salvage required for a single g12 piece is not middling. That’s only 5.7% of the gear needed for ONE g12 piece. I would need 19 raids to acquire enough. That’s awful.

The challenge gear in the raid? That’s not ok. There is no reason at all it’s in there. Even Carrie admitted as much back in the beginning of April. But here we are at the end of June and the problem remains.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    lc7v5nr3ss6e.png

Traya shards and early access to gear that grants large stat boosts, including 6 speed per gear piece. Somehow you’re unhappy with this?

Yes I am. Because if I want to quickly earn that gear I need to compete with my guildmates. Instead of collaborating with them, I’m fighting against them. Traya isn’t the issue. It’s gear. So please stop making it seem like Traya is the issue here. She’s never been a problem since the inception of the raid itself.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    The system is set up to make strong guilds either internally fight over top 10 rewards or split up

I have yet to see any evidence of this (and it seems unlikely to be a problem). Guilds will either A) set up a rotation for top 10 (assuming everyone is capable of similar damage numbers and are reasonable humans). 2) If the guild is being carried by a few people with all the best teams, those carrying the guild deserve the top 10 spots (and anyone that thinks otherwise is just being silly)

Bingo. I had to build up from 1 shard payout on heroic rancor, till I could almost solo it. By that time better players in my guild had 7 star han and just let us play through it. Now I'm usually 1st place and the guys not playing can solo it with there cls by himself.

Same applies for haat and hstr. Top of your guild will get her and then, if they are reasonable... will rotate out till everyone does.

No they won't - nor should they. This isn't about Traya. Most guilds that have HSith going already have all 50 with Traya unlocked (ours does and we face 40+ Trayas in every TW). It's entirely about the g12+ gear, which makes it an entirely different issue from HAAT or Rancor

No one will ever be "done" with g12+ gear. That's the issue. Everyone is going to be in continual need of g12+ gear - especially as the meta shifts.

I'm not quite sure why people don't realize that this is a major detriment to long-term guild structure stability. I also find it quite telling that the people saying it's not a problem or not going to be have largely been playing for a year or less. The people actually experienced at this game (and the way CG/EA works) are the ones voicing concerns. Concerns that will likely go unheeded or ignored.

@Nikoms565 say it louder for the people in the back my man!!!
  • Options

Really?!? People are complaining and obnoxiousness about everything in the game. They choose this and say mods are the least valuable reward. That shows they don't understand the importance. One mod can make a huge difference right away. One piece of g12 gear < Mod that hits on speed. It will take a number of events to even get a g12 piece whereas you can get several mods that are usable right away. They don't get it and people have a right to blame them for that. Communication alone could have addressed this if that was the issue. They could state that the Yoda event is for developing players and the Mythic level is so people can replay it. We choose to add some rewards to it but these rewards are not for end game users. Boom done.

All of CG's issues could be mitigated by added communication. If they are retaliating then they are just going to drive people away. CG has a PR issue and they keep tripping over themselves. Just have one dev handle one of the big questions a day and respond to it. Even just to say they are looking into it would help as long as they say we understand these are your issues we are trying to come up with an answer for. Then note that some of these issues won't be changed because of game balance but we are looking at it. Not complicated. Yes they would have to write up an answer. Have it checked by the higher ups to make sure nothing was being promised. Done. Then people at least have answers. Like it or not it is what it is. No one is going to like every aspect of this game and most players understand that. You play the parts you want to so you have the experience you want to.

I should have clarified. I think the communication around the removal of the mods from the mythic event was a thinly veiled "kitten off". Everyone knows gold mods advance a toon far more than a few pieces of G12 salvage gear that will only return once every other month (maximum).

That's why they can't say they're retaliating. Again, I'm just speculating here, but given how good those rewards were, and how spiteful of a person I am, if I were in their shoes and got a bunch of complaints. I would have done something similar. "You don't think you were rewarded enough? Cool. I'll just remove em"

For one reason or another, this game has always operated with a lack of transparency (remember when Baze disappeared from Guild Event Shop?) and it has done tremendously well. I think the attempt to communicate more puts them in a tough spot where they can't disclose too much, but want to disclose a lot. Then everything they do gets admonished on these forums by what I can only consider a vocal minority, but that's the only feedback they get. At some point, it will beat down anyone and they get to a point of "well, we're darned if we do and we're darned if we don't."

Everyone can always do something better in their day, life, job, whatever. But it always seems like there is absolutely no leeway here. What the devs and game managers do is extremely difficult. Software is not easy. Balance is not easy. I don't expect them to be perfect. So yes, I think the community should simmer down. This would provide heightened sensitivity to the HSTR reward structure and STR difficulties if fewer people complained about trivial things.
  • Options
    Thanks for your input, CG-UltimateSeaDog.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options

I should have clarified. I think the communication around the removal of the mods from the mythic event was a thinly veiled "kitten off". Everyone knows gold mods advance a toon far more than a few pieces of G12 salvage gear that will only return once every other month (maximum).

That's why they can't say they're retaliating. Again, I'm just speculating here, but given how good those rewards were, and how spiteful of a person I am, if I were in their shoes and got a bunch of complaints. I would have done something similar. "You don't think you were rewarded enough? Cool. I'll just remove em"

For one reason or another, this game has always operated with a lack of transparency (remember when Baze disappeared from Guild Event Shop?) and it has done tremendously well. I think the attempt to communicate more puts them in a tough spot where they can't disclose too much, but want to disclose a lot. Then everything they do gets admonished on these forums by what I can only consider a vocal minority, but that's the only feedback they get. At some point, it will beat down anyone and they get to a point of "well, we're darned if we do and we're darned if we don't."

Everyone can always do something better in their day, life, job, whatever. But it always seems like there is absolutely no leeway here. What the devs and game managers do is extremely difficult. Software is not easy. Balance is not easy. I don't expect them to be perfect. So yes, I think the community should simmer down. This would provide heightened sensitivity to the HSTR reward structure and STR difficulties if fewer people complained about trivial things.

I think the idea of these forums (or reddit/discord/any other community area) as the vocal minority is the short wish of the people that actually run CG. They wish everything they hear on here were just childish rants that could be brushed off. However they used to treat the forum (reddit/ect) like the vocal minority and it blew up in their face several months back.

Now some stuff gets complained about that rightfully shouldn't be a big deal, but that stuff is easy to spot. This for example was an easy to spot small issue that a handful of people complained about (confusing reward description). Then in true CG fashion they turned it into a full blown issue by taking away the rewards by claiming the mods weren't even the good part of the reward. Now that statement could either be, as you claimed, a thinly veiled F U for complaining, in which case it is the pettiest thing I have ever seen CG do and they deserve all the hate and repercussions the follow, or they are so out of touch about what is considered valuable in their own game that they don't consider high end mods to be a good reward in which case they deserve to be questioned and mocked.

I mean this is alot of ways reminds me the the whole RyDiggs situation a few months back that sparked the whole "better communication" priority from the CG producers. Diggs took a post where someone expressed their opinion on Sion and Sith and pointed out issues with Sion and several Sith characters that needed to be fixed, and he completely belittled the guy and blew the whole thing way out of proportion. Why does CG keep taking these small issues and turning them into big problems for themselves.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

I have yet to see any evidence of this (and it seems unlikely to be a problem).

Go read the last 3 posts of the g12 mega thread.

Starting here. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1586948/#Comment_1586948
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    That's the problem with hstr. Its the only one that gives valuable rewards and requires a mass of specific teams. I spent 2 months farming vets, after months farming fo to get bb8. I unlocked jtr. I am 3 pieces away from g12 on her, my bb8 is maxed out, my hermit Yoda is nearly 7 stars and also maxed out as far as 6 stars can go. My r2d2 and resistance trooper need some work. My p2 and p3 teams are already solid. My night sisters are about to punch into the 7 star deadly range, and I can't stand it. Why? Because I want to build up the teams that I like. I want to max out my ewoks, or my jawa. Even if their useless. Or spend some time on my bounty hunters. I want to level the toons that I like to have fun, but I also want to contribute to my guilds progress.

Ever since str was released and they made it clear that only hstr would give meaningful rewards it has been all about building up for it, but I don't like half the teams needed for it. My guild needs more jtr... I just want to have fun and build up kit fisto without screwing over guild members.

I think str sucks the fun out of the game because it has such a high demand for people to stay competitive and has very forced teams comps to have a shot at it. I have all the toons I need to do well in it and most are geared up and ready for hstr, but my desire to play those characters is at an all time low.

And this is my only gripe, I dont like resistance pr FO characters but I must h.g ave them
  • Options
    No sir. I won't calm down.
    The issue beyond all the topics you pointed out, it's the way CG acts towards all the good will and positive sentiments expressed many times over the forums.
    The persistent way CG uses to neglect, disregard, overcome (or any synonym you want to pick), the players base is close to insulting more times than it actually helps us.
    I get it they have priorities and a product to sell, I have no issues with that. But I have issues with a CUSTOMER SERVICE. Which is clearly not the case here.
  • Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    While i do think many people complain to complain. The last month's worth of updates/changes and problems encountered clearly means cg lacks the proper ability to testbed code before going live. Yes even with proper test bedding bugs can still crop up with production code but the sheer volume over the last month is clearly evident cg is rushing. To which i dont know why. Ea has always ruled developers with an iron fist and maybe it's ea doing it cg. cg will never obviously blame ea or even take the legitimate criticism of there problematic coding. People still have issues with basic systems like getting rewards from tb/tw etc. This should not be a lingering issue thats been hit or miss for over a month. Criticism is warrantied in these latest setbacks.

Cg also shoved ships 2.0 down our throats with no opportunity to give reliable feedback to devs before going live. Every mmo has had a test server with ample population to test items before going to production. It seems cg just thinks they have a good idea and runs with it regardless of the wake left behind.

I'll give you an example.
    I pulled everything I could to make CHS viable for TB and help my guild. Including paying for it.
    And now, allegedly because POOR coding, it's not a requirement anymore.
    Just give us things that work, like rewards for example, or TB's, simple basic game things that are broke because of poor coding.
    I guarantee if at least we can get rid of that, at least there will be less resentment.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options

First there are things about STR that need to be addressed so I'm not here to say it's perfect. But complaining because you have to build up a bunch of teams for THE end game material is missing the point. It is suppose to be hard and require a bunch of teams that most people don't have. Trust me I feel your pain. I've been in the game for almost a year and a half. Shortly after I started I had to farm the toons for Thrwan, R2, CLS, LSTB, BB8, DSTB, JTR, TW and then HSR. But it's my choice to go after the teams to do those. You don't have to try to stay on top of every special toon or event. Will it affect how you help your guild? Maybe if you are in a competitive guild. But that is your choice. Don't want the pressure go to a causal guild. It's your choice to feel forced. I don't want them to slow down the content they add to the game. Which is what you are asking. When they add stuff it should require most people to have to build teams up to complete it. Otherwise what's the point just give everyone free stuff instead of having developers waste the time to design it.

Plenty of actual issues to talk about this is a problem of your own choosing man.

Not sure if you read too much into my post. My problem is the required specific toons because mechanics make a lot of characters absolutely worthless in this raid. I don't mind needing a bunch of built up teams, I get that. Its needing specific teams. I have a bunch of built up units that are rendered worthless in this raid and its extremely frustrating and unejoyable, let alone the rewards for this crap.
  • Options
    I’ll retract my statement on DSTB. That make good isn’t significant.
  • Options
    Lmao blah blah blah going to take forever to get G12+ gear. Ever heard of a time sink? If not look it up and you will have your answer why it’s so difficult to gain G12+.
  • Options

YODA MYTHIC

DSTB

hSTR

You know they have spokespeople if they want to defend themselves. Totally unnecessary for you to try and read their minds and hearts for their intentions.
    Truth is they feel no need to defend horrible practices and ideas, so this is irrelevant
  • Jed_Eye
    176 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe this post needs closed now.... Op realized his folly in posting this

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Jed_Eye wrote: »

Only partly. He still is defending the mythic mod removal and HSTR fiasco.
  • Options
    I guess even the devil can get a defense attorney...
  • Stokat
    829 posts Member
    Options
    Jed_Eye wrote: »

Only partly. He still is defending the mythic mod removal and HSTR fiasco.

Mods aren’t being removed.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Options
    If you also happen to play other mobile games that are as complicated as this game, you would be surprised that how organised and mess free they are comparing to this one, it’s just very hard not to compare.

Every update brings a ton of mess to fix which doesn’t seem legit at all, things always get out of control here, maybe it’s time to stop trying to fix everything and find out why it happens in every update.

Btw, updated fleet arena was supposed to save us time but now it actually could cost three-times more time to compete for previous similar rewards plus we are still fighting pretty much the same combination in almost every battle.
  • Vohbo
    332 posts Member
    Options
    "TB (and now STR) has shown they want strong players to band together" (paraphrasing)

That is the entire core of the problem that has plagued the game for the last 10 months. None of these problems existed with Rancor, or AAT or any of the previous content in the game. If you ask or pretty much force people to leave their guilds, you will shatter your community. There are some people that don't mind too much, but if I am given the choice between changing guilds or falling behind, the only reasonable thing for me to do is just quit to show them what kind of deplorable choice I am being forced to make.

This would be very easily solved by making the reward difference smaller, but no, it's all or nothing here now. Either you are in a 100M+ guild and get everything handed to you like candy, or you are not and can go back to T4-5 sith raids where you get nothing and only spend a thousand hours to get the raid down.

But then, this no longer surprises anyone I guess.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Options
    Vohbo wrote: »
    "TB (and now STR) has shown they want strong players to band together" (paraphrasing)

That is the entire core of the problem that has plagued the game for the last 10 months. None of these problems existed with Rancor, or AAT or any of the previous content in the game. If you ask or pretty much force people to leave their guilds, you will shatter your community. There are some people that don't mind too much, but if I am given the choice between changing guilds or falling behind, the only reasonable thing for me to do is just quit to show them what kind of deplorable choice I am being forced to make.

This would be very easily solved by making the reward difference smaller, but no, it's all or nothing here now. Either you are in a 100M+ guild and get everything handed to you like candy, or you are not and can go back to T4-5 sith raids where you get nothing and only spend a thousand hours to get the raid down.

But then, this no longer surprises anyone I guess.

They **** the fun right out of the game with Nihilus in STR esp.. on tier 6(have to suffer thru 1x,bang head against wall) b/f you can try heroic and the hot mess known as ship battles.Game was great at one time but lately its all about the next big thing and who'll pay for it.Yoda was a big plus tho.
  • Options
    pac0naut wrote: »

@Nikoms565 they don't get it because a lot of them are:

A: not in a high level guild
    B: not completing hsr
    C: they can't comprehend either scenarios yet with the gear

I can tell you this: I have already seen / heard people in higher level guilds say "why am I going to stay tripping over the top 3 or top 10 when I can drop to a guild that just barely clears hsr and get the top rewards?"

To me, that's not within the spirit of a raid, but that's how cg decide to do it. Will guilds collapse? Probably not, but there's a lot of *not happy people* out there right now. There's a lot of backpacking going on in guilds that they don't care about anything just as long as they get Traya shards. That only goes so far. Traya shards are NOT equal to the G12.5.

Guilds with higher gp get rewarded in tw and tbs. Both only come a handful of times per month. Sith raid you can fire up every two to three days. It's almost like you're being penalized for being in a high level guild.

Totally agree with you. I'm a small fish in a 160 m guild, and I'm still 2 raids away from unlocking Traya while other people in my shard that started HSR late had already unlocked her way earlier before me because I can only do so much when HSR is always finished in 1-1.5 hours.

Now with the release of new gears, it only makes it worse. Those big hitters that had been stepping aside are coming back and with 7m damage on HSR, I can only stand for like 20-30th among them, but I can easily move to lower GP guild for higher damage and better rewards.
This discussion has been closed.