Speculation requirements new legendary and hero/villian journey [MERGE]

Prev134
Vanitas
46 posts Member
edited July 2018
I was thinking about a KOTOR based legendary and hero/villian journey:
3rjkwxpmiysc.png

I think if there will be a Revan based hero/villian journey, it will require T3 (Legendary character) and four others.

Who do you guys think that would be required IF there would be a KOTOR based legendary and hero/villian journey?

EDIT:

The reason T3 is a legendary character is because of the following:

R2-D2 was required as a legendary for Luke's hero Journey.
BB-8 was required as a legendary for Rey's hero Journey.

So maybe T3-M4 will be a legendary character required for the revan hero journey set to release in february 2019?

Reason for date:
2017: We got Darth Nihilius
2018: STR and Darth Traya & Darth Sion

Those are all KOTOR related characters.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I'd like a hero's/villian journey only cause it'd be cool to see what little cut scenes and fun battles they make.
    But probably the 5 new KOTOR characters would be needed maybe HK as well
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Bring in Canderous Ordo as the 5th. With a Mandalorian leadership ability. No synergy between these toons without Revan.
  • So it looks like Revan will creep his way into the game. So many people are hype for this.

I am not well versed in this area of lore so help me through it please.
    Revan went Jedi and then Sith. Or light and then dark.
    Is it possible with the upcoming toons and the toons we have to have 2 type of journies?
    So for an ls journey I am thinking-
    The upcoming releases and maybe Visas?

Ds- the old republic siths we have - not including traya and maybe Hk?

Please be gentle if I messed up.
  • Revan should be both Dark and Light, og Jedi/Sith so he could work with both. That would be great
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    I wouldn't bet on that.

The actual story of KotOR had Revan having already been a Jedi who fell and became Sith in the backstory, but now had had his mind wiped and thus had the chance to choose again. I would assume that what we're more likely to get is the previously-canon version, which is that he chose to return to being a Jedi, and thus will be light side.

For what it's worth, even if they do any sort of dark side version of him, don't bet on the Triumvrate or Visas having anything to do with it. Revan is KotOR 1, they're KotOR 2, and there's no real connection between them in-story. The only character that's already in the game with a strong connection to Revan is HK-47, who was his personal assassin droid.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Let me ask you this. Why does Revan need synergy with Sith? He never led any of them, just Malak. He was tricked into being one (never actually turned).

Revan led JEDI in the war but never led any actual sith. Sure he had his army he built from the starforge but the only Sith he ever led was Malak. I dont think Revan needs to be sith at all.

Title the character Revan, give him mandalores mask, and give him a red and a purple lightsaber and have him have synergy with Jedi.

P.S. Starforge would make a great raid boss for ships.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    The fact that he should have both the Jedi and Sith tags is already weird enough
  • Zevox wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet on that.

The actual story of KotOR had Revan having already been a Jedi who fell and became Sith in the backstory, but now had had his mind wiped and thus had the chance to choose again. I would assume that what we're more likely to get is the previously-canon version, which is that he chose to return to being a Jedi, and thus will be light side.

For what it's worth, even if they do any sort of dark side version of him, don't bet on the Triumvrate or Visas having anything to do with it. Revan is KotOR 1, they're KotOR 2, and there's no real connection between them in-story. The only character that's already in the game with a strong connection to Revan is HK-47, who was his personal assassin droid.

jejuzang wrote: »
    Let me ask you this. Why does Revan need synergy with Sith? He never led any of them, just Malak. He was tricked into being one (never actually turned).

Revan led JEDI in the war but never led any actual sith. Sure he had his army he built from the starforge but the only Sith he ever led was Malak. I dont think Revan needs to be sith at all.

Title the character Revan, give him mandalores mask, and give him a red and a purple lightsaber and have him have synergy with Jedi.

Ty for these ^^
    I am just using knowledge from basically what people have said on here when it concerns raven. So trying to translate it into the game.
    While also speculating on a new journey. Basically 2 Revans or him being the only one encompassing both sides. AND trying to get my ducks in a row for the event that this far fetched idea may come into fruition.

• My money is on Jedi Knight Revan - Legendary Event (not hero's Journey seeing as there's no iteration of him in the game to upgrade right now) - Full Sith party to fight/unlock him.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Zevox wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet on that.

Ty for these ^^
    I am just using knowledge from basically what people have said on here when it concerns raven. So trying to translate it into the game.
    While also speculating on a new journey. Basically 2 Revans or him being the only one encompassing both sides. AND trying to get my ducks in a row for the event that this far fetched idea may come into fruition.

In all honesty it should just be one Revan, and thats lightside. Under his own free will he is a light side jedi. We only think Darth Revan so much because of the mask that Darth Revan uses.

Remember Revan never fell to the dark side. He was mind dominated(as was Malak). If Revan gets a dark side toon then Bastilla should too because she actually fell to the dark side. And Jolee will be the first grey jedi.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    So who would you need for the Legendary? It's usually the opposite faction so Sion, DN, SA, SM, ST?
  • This initial Revan sure looks to be LS if Bastilla, Jolee, Mission, Zaalbar, and T3 are required. If these characters were to help him along a Hero's journey it would look to be a redeemed version of Revan along the cannon lines.
    Later on they could actually release DS characters and do a separate DS Revan - they wouldnt have to be companions even- just DS characters who helped the player chose DS options while playing the game.. Canderous, Malak, Bendak Starkiller, a dark Juhani

Obviously a light side Jedi is needed more for game balance, that will happen first
  • Vanitas
    46 posts Member
    Wow! Didn't expect the speculation thread to get this many replies already!
    Great to see everyone giving their own speculation!
  • benjammin wrote: »
    My money is on Jedi Knight Revan - Legendary Event (not hero's Journey seeing as there's no iteration of him in the game to upgrade right now) - Full Sith party to fight/unlock him.

It smells like a LS version is coming here - with 5 or 6 LS characters required to unlock him, similar to CLS.
    Light side Revan would fit with cannon.

I wonder if a later DS fallen hero version could come out that follows more of the swtor Revan - that could open the door to adding characters from that game-
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

Which war? Revan technically counted as a Sith multiple times, both when he was tricked by the Sith Emperor and also by choice (I’m pretty sure anyway). Point is, Revan led the army of the Sith with Malak for a while, and in the end of Revan’s old canon life, I think he like split himself and fought his Dark Side or something. But I don’t think we have the right toons to prepare for a Dark Side Revan yet.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Carth Onasi could be 5th...
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Zevox wrote: »
    I wouldn't bet on that.

Ty for these ^^

In all honesty it should just be one Revan, and thats lightside. Under his own free will he is a light side jedi. We only think Darth Revan so much because of the mask that Darth Revan uses.

Remember Revan never fell to the dark side. He was mind dominated(as was Malak). If Revan gets a dark side toon then Bastilla should too because she actually fell to the dark side. And Jolee will be the first grey jedi.

This is why I think a Revan legendary event is unlikely. I don’t believe Revan ever fought The Triumvirate, they took over after he faded away, but I guess it’s possible...
  • CallidusThorn
    14 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Vinniarth wrote: »

Should be the fifth.

Both CLS and JTR have their companion character that they require, a Legendary character that comes first.

Given that Carth is the first true party member you meet in the game, and is more tied into the plot than anyone in the party but Bastila, the only way his exclusion from this list of new KotOR characters makes sense is if he's going to be the equivalent of R2 and BB8
    Post edited by CallidusThorn on
  • Arcaver
    317 posts Member
    If it's a hero's journey, I'm done with this **** game then. It would be like giving us a light sided Vader cause he turned back to the light at the end. Like every other Sith Lord, he was a Jedi, but turned to the Dark Side and had his memory wiped and forced back to being neutral. He's freaking DARTH Revan, not Jedi Revan.

Still aggravated the made Visas a light side character when she was teamed up with Nihilus until your character came across her.
    #ReworkCaptialGamesPeopleSkills #StopIgnoringUsCG #CGCustomerSkillsWeakerThanAnakinsPowerAgainstTheHighGround
  • They're probably going to have a riot on their hands if there isn't some way to have both light side and dark side Revan playable when he finally comes. Whether this is addressed with two separate toons, or separate sets of synergies, it needs to be handled right. I don't think you can capture every aspect of a person's KoToR playthrough in this game, but the light side/dark side aspect needs to be done right. It shouldn't be that difficult either. I'm going to lose it if we fiiiinally get Revan and he's only payable as a redeeemed jedi version. I'm sure plenty of people would feel the same vice versa. Separate journeys for light and dark side would work. I think it'd be cool if you could only choose to get one or the other.
  • jejuzang
    710 posts Member
    Rhunne wrote: »
    We have visas who is a light side sith.. Why can't revan be a dark side Jedi? (he isn't technically a sith)

Visas is tied to the Exile's story, a.k.a Meetra Sutrik. She, Sion, and Nihilus have nothing to do with Revan. However, Traya does as she was his master and taught him the grey teachings.

@CG_Carrie Please have someone look into these characters before you release them. Yall already posted the incorrect droid and called Bastilla a Padawan in the announcement. Please do proper research or heck even play those games. Messing these fan favorite toons will make ALOT of your player base angry.
  • stiiillwaiting
    40 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    i say have Revan be neither Light nor Dark. have him be a Neutral toon. he doesn’t have to participate in either table, but he can still have synergy with Jedi & Sith. but most of his synergy should come through Bastila. that combo is gonna be outrageous
  • Ithilix
    39 posts Member
    They need to make two Revan, one ls one ds. He’s known as Darth Revan for cryin out loud. You can’t deny that Revan was a Sith. Star forge would be an awesome ship raid. But I bet they’ll do Death Star b4 Starforge. They might be releasing more KOTOR 1/2 characters throughout the year. We’ve seen several already this year. Carth Onasi def has to be involved for any legendary/heroes journey w/Revan.
  • Speculating that if there is a legendary character out of this bunch, then it’s going to be Bastila with Sith needed to unlock her. She’s much more prominent of a character than T3, Sith are one of the few major factions not needed for a legendary event, and it makes sense to use Sith to unlock her given the story

I also think it’s safe to say that all of these characters will be needed for a Revan heroes journey at the end of the year
  • Arcaver wrote: »
    If it's a hero's journey, I'm done with this **** game then. It would be like giving us a light sided Vader cause he turned back to the light at the end. Like every other Sith Lord, he was a Jedi, but turned to the Dark Side and had his memory wiped and forced back to being neutral. He's freaking DARTH Revan, not Jedi Revan.

Still aggravated the made Visas a light side character when she was teamed up with Nihilus until your character came across her.

Err, you do know that Revan only became Darth Revan after having his mind screwed up by the Sith Emperor, right? And that it's implied that he was fighting that conditioning, to a degree? And that he became part of the Jedi Order after that,albeit an awkward and somewhat distant part? So a Hero's Journey is exactly what he should get, given that that's the canon (or whatever passes for it these days) ending to KotOR

Not to mention that the given that we're getting KotOR characters, or to put it another way; Post-Darth Revan characters, there's nothing to support a Darth Revan event right now. We don't have the characters for it
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    I really can't see anyone from KotOR other than Revan getting a Legendary event. Definitely not T3, there's nothing particularly special about him, and there's little more to be said for Carth (though it is odd that he's been omitted from the list of characters that are coming considering his relative prominence among Revan's companions). Bastila would be the closest among them to being someone I could see getting that treatment, but even she falls quite short of it I feel.

These characters are mostly notable for being Revan's companions in KotOR, not so much for anything they themselves do. They're just not comparable to the characters that do get Legendary events, who are major icons of the films (most of them) or expanded universe (Thrawn). Revan himself would qualify as the latter, but his assorted companions, not so much.
  • I'm guessing something like this over the next 9-16 months regarding KOTOR characters
    Marquees: Bastilla, Jolee, Vao, T3, Zaalbar, Malak, Canderous, The Exile (Meetra Surik)
    Legendary: Darth Revan
    Legendary or more: Revan
    Possible, but less likely: Commander/Jedi Revan (Mandalorian war), Ebon Hawk, Endar Spire, Mandalore the Ultimate, Carth, Juhani, Mical, Atton Rand, Brianna
    I'm pretty sure that Revan either will get two versions, or else just the lightside version. The whole point of Revan in ALL of the source material is that he is NOT ultimately a Sith (nor is he a Jedi in the traditional sense), so I HIGHLY doubt that they would put out "Darth Revan" without also having just "Revan".