1109 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    ReyCharles wrote: »
    Appears the 7/19 update will not happen on 7/19. I am stunned

this stuff never happens!!!
  • Options
    Ikky2win wrote: »
    So it's confirmed then. The chance to upgrade speed (or any stat) has been reduced to a flat 25%. Upgrade before this goes live if you have mods with speed already on them. To recap, here are the old/new %s for a mod that has speed on it:

Green
    Before - 100% chance to upgrade speed at level 3

After - 25% chance to upgrade speed at level 12

Blue
    Before - 50% chance to upgrade speed at level 3 and another 50% chance to upgrade speed at level 6

After - 25% chance to upgrade speed at level 9 and another 25% chance to upgrade speed at level 12

Purple
    Before - 33% chance to upgrade speed at level 3, another 33% chance to upgrade speed at level 6, and another 33% chance to upgrade speed at level 9

After - 25% chance to upgrade speed at level 6, another 25% chance to upgrade speed at level 9, and another 25% chance to upgrade speed at level 12

Gold
    No change. It was always 25% four times and it will remain that way.

We don't know how slicing will work yet, but from the post today we do know that they severely nerfed the chances to upgrade speed through regular upgrading.

Pretty sure this is not what it says.
  • Options
    Grue wrote: »
    So it's confirmed then. The chance to upgrade speed (or any stat) has been reduced to a flat 25%.

We don't know how slicing will work yet, but from the post today we do know that they severely nerfed the chances to upgrade speed through regular upgrading.

Where was this confirmed? From my reading, if you ignore slicing, two things have changed:

a) The color doesn't change

b) The price is lower

Other than that, all things work exactly the same. You get a blue, you'll get two "free" slices that randomly pick between the two existing stats, one at level 3, one at level 6. Level 9 and 12 reveal the last two stats. You can then buy two slices which would then pick between the 4 stats, and each slice upgrades the level (purple then gold) of the mod as well.

So mods with a speed secondary to start, it'd be:

Green: 100% chance to upgrade once, 3 x 25% chance to upgrade again.

Blue: 2 x 50% and 2 x 25% chance to upgrade

Purple: 3 x 33% and 1 x 25% chance to upgrade

Gold: 4 x 25% chance to upgrade.

Nope. That’s changing. Before any secondaries increase, the other secondaries are revealed. So no matter which mod color you get, there will always be four secondaries before any of them increase. That means there’s only a 1 in 4 chance for each stat to increase. Same with slicing, there’s a 25% chance.

I’m definitely not looking forward to a reduced chance at speed secondaries upgrading.

It does not say that anywhere
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    Options

Where do you see this? None of the stuff I've seen says that is the case.

They say, paraphrasing, "You'll want to see all the secondaries, because IF you get speed, you still have a chance of getting multiple speed bumps through slicing." not "you have to level it to get any bumps"

Ok, I surrender: "Essentially (the short version), in preparation for slicing, secondary stats will always be revealed before a secondary is increased."

I also agree this change in general sucks.
  • Options
    Nope. That’s changing. Before any secondaries increase, the other secondaries are revealed. So no matter which mod color you get, there will always be four secondaries before any of them increase. That means there’s only a 1 in 4 chance for each stat to increase. Same with slicing, there’s a 25% chance.

I’m definitely not looking forward to a reduced chance at speed secondaries upgrading.

They say, paraphrasing, "You'll want to see all the secondaries, because IF you get speed, you still have a chance of getting multiple speed bumps through slicing." not "you have to level it to get any bumps"

Additionally, this line:
    "With the addition of slicing, it’s more important that ever to know if this mod is worth spending resources to improve and you’ll need to level a mod to 12 before you reveal a mods' 4 secondary stat types."
    is also somewhat misleading. We will be communicating more details around a change to how secondary stats are earned/displayed in the coming week. Essentially (the short version), in preparation for slicing, secondary stats will always be revealed before a secondary is increased. This ensures that gold mods continue to have the most value after slicing has been introduced.

From CG_TopHat’s post. It says right there that secondary stats will always be revealed before a secondary is increased. If you have four secondaries, and one of them will increase, then they each have a 25% chance.
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    Options
    So it's confirmed then. The chance to upgrade speed (or any stat) has been reduced to a flat 25%.

Where was this confirmed? From my reading, if you ignore slicing, two things have changed:

a) The color doesn't change

b) The price is lower

Other than that, all things work exactly the same. You get a blue, you'll get two "free" slices that randomly pick between the two existing stats, one at level 3, one at level 6. Level 9 and 12 reveal the last two stats. You can then buy two slices which would then pick between the 4 stats, and each slice upgrades the level (purple then gold) of the mod as well.

So mods with a speed secondary to start, it'd be:

Green: 100% chance to upgrade once, 3 x 25% chance to upgrade again.

Blue: 2 x 50% and 2 x 25% chance to upgrade

Purple: 3 x 33% and 1 x 25% chance to upgrade

Gold: 4 x 25% chance to upgrade.

It does not say that anywhere

Does now..

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/176113/server-update-7-19-2018#latest

was updated to say that a) there is no substantial update today, it's next week, and b) they are nerfing the original value of green/blue/purple mods to keep gold mods the most valuable.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options

Ok, I surrender: "Essentially (the short version), in preparation for slicing, secondary stats will always be revealed before a secondary is increased."

I also agree this change in general sucks.

This. You have to reveal all the stats before any of them can upgrade. That means no matter what, it's 25% because all four stats will be revealed. Example:

Current Green Mod With Speed Secondary:
    Level 3 - Speed upgrades
    Level 6 - new stat is revealed (Potency)
    level 9 - new stat is revealed (Health)
    level 12 - new stat is revealed (Tenacity)

Post-Patch Green Mod With Speed Secondary:
    Level 3 - New stat is revealed (Potency)
    Level 6 - New stat is revealed (Health)
    Level 9 - New stat is revealed (Tenacity)
    Level 12 - 25% chance to increase speed, potency, health, or tenacity

:(
  • Options
    Really lost on this new professional level of communication where it doesn't even happen internally. I need a CG to everyday english thesaurus so I can know intuitively to change significant to minuscule and professional to amateurish.

Thanks again.
  • Options
    With this sort of track record, it might be best to just announce server updates after they go live.
    To get a refund:

Always email. That way when you're confronted by the script reading garbage water people they employ refusing to help you, you can use a screenshot of the emails to show Google or Apple that the developer is failing at customer support, nearly guaranteeing you a refund.

You always want a paper trail when dealing with useless **** s.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options

[/quote]

From CG_TopHat’s post. It says right there that secondary stats will always be revealed before a secondary is increased. If you have four secondaries, and one of them will increase, then they each have a 25% chance.[/quote]

This. That’s the easiest way to explain it. Now compare it to say a green mod now that has a 100% chance.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    Of course we get another apology for the miscommunication. At this point, if apologies were dimes we would be the richest player base in the whole world!!
    Another unnecessary complication to a simple request. All we asked for was mod management. Not this.
  • Options
    ReyCharles wrote: »
    Appears the 7/19 update will not happen on 7/19. I am stunned

At least that means nothing will get broken tonight
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Of course we get another apology for the miscommunication. At this point, if apologies were dimes we would be the richest player base in the whole world!!
    Another unnecessary complication to a simple request. All we asked for was mod management. Not this.

I bet they don't even reply to their own emails...
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Kind of makes you wonder what goes on in their office. Every single time they announce something, they have to take at least a part of it back. One department not talking to another department. I work in corporate communications and I'm just amazed at how many times they do this.
  • Madpup
    279 posts Member
    Options
    How much you want to bet they are really doing this because they are going to add 6 and 7 dot mods to the game and the 7 dots will cost what the 5 dots used to cost to upgrade.
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    With this sort of track record, it might be best to just announce server updates after they go live.
    There were complaints that people didn't know about live updates prior and it messed them up with arena. That and stuff like mods costing less credits would've caused an uproar if it wasn't revealed earlier. I do like prior notice so that I could look forward to things AND I can save tons of credits in advance on my mods.
  • Ikky2win
    870 posts Member
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    With this of track record, it might be best to just announce server updates after they go live.
    There were complaints that people didn't know about live updates prior and it messed them up with arena. That and stuff like mods costing less credits would've caused an uproar if it wasn't revealed earlier. I do like prior notice so that I could look forward to things AND I can save tons of credits in advance on my mods.

Sure you'll save a ton of credits, but you'll also have less of a chance of upgrading the secondary you want (on everything but gold). Personally, I'm leveling all my mods with speed secondaries up to the point where they no longer upgrade and reveal new stats instead, and then I'll upgrade them the rest of the way once the patch is live.
  • Options
    Kind of makes you wonder what goes on in their office. Every single time they announce something, they have to take at least a part of it back. One department not talking to another department. I work in corporate communications and I'm just amazed at how many times they do this.

Did yo8 ever see the Simpsons episode where Bart and Homer put pots and pans on their heads like helmets and keep running into each other head first over and over? I’d imagine it’s a lot like that
  • Nori703
    45 posts Member
    Options
    Lowering the cost to upgrade is a very welcome change and I am looking forward to the new mod update. Also, thrilled to know this info a week early so now I can save up. Thank you!
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    With this of track record, it might be best to just announce server updates after they go live.

Sure you'll save a ton of credits, but you'll also have less of a chance of upgrading the secondary you want (on everything but gold). Personally, I'm leveling all my mods with speed secondaries up to the point where they no longer upgrade and reveal new stats instead, and then I'll upgrade them the rest of the way once the patch is live.

The value of upgrading the secondary you want depends on the cost of slicing.

Let's assume for a second slicing is free. (Yes, big assumption, I know)

On a green now, you have a 100% chance to get 2xSpeed on a speed secondary.

With slicing, you'd have 68% chance of having 2xSpeed OR HIGHER.

In all cases, you will have 42% chance for 2x, 21% for 3x, 5% for 4x, and .4% for 5x.

For the green case, I would sacrifice the 32% of not getting any upgrades for the 26% chance of getting more than one upgrade.

On a blue, now you have a 50% chance at 2x Speed and a 25% chance at 3x speed.

On a purple, now you have a 44% for 2x, 22% for 3x, and 3.7% for 4x.

I think you'd take the upcoming odds for all of those IF slicing was free.

So, I guess we just have to see how expensive it is.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb since you were recently here, please take the time to update the forum on what changes will be made to non-heroic sith. Thanks.
  • Tulkas
    253 posts Member
    Options
    THANK YOU!!!

I now have 8 additional 20s and a dozen new 15+s

Knew my RNG wasn't supposed to be THAT bad
  • Ybeler
    95 posts Member
    Options
    Will this update include the new Mod Management or just the reducing the upgrading costs?

Hope this update makes the mods not even more complicated... have a bad Feeling :o

• swgohfan29
    1147 posts Member
    Options
    First, we will assume "c" to be the cost of slicing a mod once. We will also assume that "c" remains the same throughout all slicing. We will also assume "a" to be the cost of levelling a mod to level 15. Finally, we will assume that the way i used to calculate new percentages are correct

From my previous calculations, all mods will now have a

31.6% chance of getting 0 speed upgrades
    42.1% chance of getting 1 speed upgrades
    21% chance of getting 2 speed upgrades
    4.6% chance of getting 3 speed upgrades
    0.3% chance of getting 4 speed upgrades

gray mods

• Before
    Assuming the gray mod has a 100% chance of spawning a speed secondary, there is a 0% chance to get a speed upgrade (hooray!). This will take $(a)

The gray mod will consume (a+4c) resources to reach the above rates.

Conclusion: Gray Mods will benefit from this update.

Green Mods
    Assuming the green mod already has a speed secondary, it would have taken $(a) to max the mod with a 100% chance of getting 1 speed upgrade.

After, it would take (a+3c) to reach the above rates. Loss of 60% chance of 1 speed secondary traded roughly for 30% chance of nothing and 30% chance of better upgrades.

Conclusions: Green Mods might be beneficial or adverse considering a)the cost "c" b)whether you want small speed upgrades or large speed upgrades.

Blue Mods
    Assuming the blue mod has 1 speed secondary, before it would take $a to max out the mod with a
    50% chance of getting 1 speed upgrades
    25% chance of getting 2 speed upgrades

After, it would take (a+2c) to reach the above rates. Loss of 8% chance for 1 and 3% chance of 2 split into 5% increase of nothing and 5% increase of better speed upgrades

Conclusions: See Green. The same.

Purple Mods[\b]
    Assuming the Purple mod has 1 speed secondary,it would take $a reasources to max out the mod and get
    44.4% chance of 1 speed upgrade
    22.2% chance of 2 speed upgrades
    3.7% chance of getting 3 speed upgrades.

After, it would take $(a+c) to get the above rates. loss of 2% to get 1 and 1% to get 2 split into 2% increase of getting 0 and 1% increase in getting 3 or more.

Purple Mods might lose out here.

Gold
    Gold mods are unaffected by this update.

Conclusion
    Winners: Gray
    Losers: Purple
    Unaffected: Gold
    Depends: Green and Blue. Depends on what you want and the cost "c", because the loss in percentages are split equally between nothing and better.

Hey found this on my phone. Apparently i never posted this.
  • Options
    Thought this update was supposed to make mods easier!
    Will have to see how it works once it has gone live I guess. Might be much ado about nothing.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    Options
    It seems the external communication issues that have existed such a long time are actually caused by internal communication issues.
  • Options
    Did we get refound of mods that we upgrade with old prices ?
  • MntMan
    281 posts Member
    Options
    I just went through and am now down to 15,000 credits updating my blue and green mods with speed secondaries that I may have let slip through the cracks. On the plus side I found a +16 speed secondary on a health mod which is nice and tenacity primary which could be good for GMY. On the negative side...............ummmmm credit heist soon please?