Replies

• btd7001
    54 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    EDIT: Not accurate, L3-37 was the req.
    Post edited by btd7001 on
  • Options
    I dont mind the toons being there but its just too soon for them to be there. When the get to chrom thats when they should be put there not when the char is still in diaper phase.
  • Options
    Recently I saw that CG are looking for feedback on the issue of marquee characters going straight into platoons. I'd rather give my feedback here as this has now become such a big problem and needs addressing.

Since the Solo movie was released and you've now dropped the KOTOR characters and 2 new ships. My guild and the top guild in my alliance are completely unable to fill platoons due to the demand of needing several non F2P characters for each platoon. For platoons in stages 5 and 6 we've had a 0 on all platoons over the board due to this issue and only managed 2/6 in one of the 3 in stage 4. We currently need 11 marquee characters over the south platoon, 6 in middle and 5 in ships, 1 in each one which destroys the point of doing platoons.

I understand the logic of marquee events and the purpose of them is to unlock and try the characters before hand which i'm more or less in favour of. The real issue is its completely unfair to demand any marquee characters in platoons really given that you need several anyway. Its really destroying the point of platoons which is then directly harming the territory battles and making me dread territory battles down the line. Its hard enough to get the newly released F2P characters to 7* as it is as i'm still 20 off Bossk being 5* and i bought him to 4* for the purpose of the DS TB. So i don't see why you need to put any marquee characters in as guilds will still struggle for 7* characters to fill them either way.

I hope this marquee platoon issue is addressed soon as i feel its unfairly costing us stars due the lack of abilities in the CM's and its really starting to become a tedious bore even though territory battles is always something i've liked doing.
  • Options
    Can you please stop screwing us over on TB it’s like you don’t want guilds to actually work towards and clear it unless they line your pockets. Abosolute joke.
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb something you should take to the team.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    Options
    The amount on new characters we had recently made this a huge issue. I'm pretty sure even the whalest guilds can't fill each and every platoon. CG should really look into it.
  • Options
    I find it pretty useless! The fact is that if they update the TB toons with the last one, nobody can place them. Only players who pay and pay!
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Options
    I think putting new characters into platoons could be ok but here its simple disgraceful money grab... we are a 150mil gp guild and couldnt fill a single p6 ship platoon because all of them needed sith fighter and the new falcon... this is unaccepatble and not cool at all... it would be ok if you would need these new characters at plazoon 5-6 but the rest should be F2P friendly...
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    Options
    1, 2 and 3 are FTP friendly. Once your full rosters have 6dot mods, you will be all auto battles even phase 6 for combat, no need for the platoon buffs and the GP increase from raising the mods on all your characters will also result in more stars. TB gets a little easier each week, but unless they retune TB for 6dot mods, I suspect it will get much easier every week as we all push the Mod grind then start to level out again once we mostly have 6dot mods.
  • Options
    Tommylew wrote: »
    Can you please stop screwing us over on TB it’s like you don’t want guilds to actually work towards and clear it unless they line your pockets. Abosolute joke.

p2p mode
  • Options
    I fulling all ds and ls tb in the last 2/3 mounth...now i cN't for the unfilled platoon....whats the logic around it? I increase a lot of ptoon in this mountbut now i can't beat the same.battle cause you put the platoons under a wall of 600$$...what the sense to spend resource to grown up if you insert new toon all mounth and put it in the platoon and render unfillable?
  • Options
    Even they remove all paid char from platoons, system probably ask 14 lobot, you cant fill it either.
  • Viserys
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Even they remove all paid char from platoons, system probably ask 14 lobot, you cant fill it either.

Part of me wishes that the platoon algorithm would actually only random select characters that the guild actually owns.

Still the whole premise and application of platoons is pretty flawed to begin with. It's asking players to give up characters they want to be using in the missions, and there's nothing tactical or strategic about that choice. Because the platoons affect the whole guild, members are strongarmed into donating toons even if they need them. New toons constantly getting added means we can't work towards a platoon completion strategy, we just have to hope we can complete them.

I also wonder if it would have been better to gate platoon contributions on gear level instead of character stars. I can gear a new marquis toon up to G11. I can donate that character if they don't have a fixed place on my lineups yet.
  • Options
    Viserys wrote: »

Part of me wishes that the platoon algorithm would actually only random select characters that the guild actually owns.

Still the whole premise and application of platoons is pretty flawed to begin with. It's asking players to give up characters they want to be using in the missions, and there's nothing tactical or strategic about that choice. Because the platoons affect the whole guild, members are strongarmed into donating toons even if they need them. New toons constantly getting added means we can't work towards a platoon completion strategy, we just have to hope we can complete them.

I also wonder if it would have been better to gate platoon contributions on gear level instead of character stars. I can gear a new marquis toon up to G11. I can donate that character if they don't have a fixed place on my lineups yet.

I wish we could select which toons we want to platoon before hand. When platoons go up it automatically takes those toons- in whatever order it is. For the platoons left over - you talk with the guild who will platoon who.

If the guild doesn’t have that certain platoon- there’s a big red X over it.
  • Options
    I don't care so much if platoons were guild limited or for the whole game. What I do care about is the randomization algorithm. Right now the algorithm is skewed towards "New" characters. I other words, the newest characters get the higher chance of being required in platoon. It's like people said, we've been farming Rose and Holdo, and now they are completely gone. Sense of accomplishment? Nope. Feels like a waste. Ok, so Holdo is useful, but Rose?
    It's been that way from the beginning. I am sure everyone remembers Lobot in platoons. People spent months farming him, and this last TB we needed 2. That's it. It was the same way with ewoks, and vets, and all other "brand new" toons.
    Oh and all the whales who bought them? You may say they can play with them in other game modes.... Riiiiiight ... Which game modes? GW is easy, boring, and simmable. PvE noone plays any more, it's just Sims for gear, and arena might be interesting once or twice, but if the toon sucks it's stuck on the garbage heap. And I've spoken with a few whales. They are frustrated also and don't want to spend money just on platoons. It's pointless.

So, make platoons truly random, and really pull from all toons in the game without skewing RNG towards the toons you are selling. You'll make your players happier, and they might be willing to spend more.
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    Options

Don't forget about Kit Fisto. Those two seem to be inordinately required from "original" toons, because they are two of the most underused ones.
  • Options
    This game does 2 things right ... it caters to the P2P players and releases OP characters instead of fine tuning characters that are already out. Perfect example: i worked really hard to level and gear a full g12 empire team. So now why are teams with a 4* Bastila even putting up a fight? Low star characters have no business in the upper tiers of pvp. EA developers don't see how overpowered some abilities are at low level. Either that or they don't care because their wallets are getting fatter. Oh lets not forget the 3* zombies that lurk in arena covered in blue gear! Way to drop the ball with that one EA!
  • Options
    There's what, 158 toons now? I'd be okay if the platoon was actually totally random from all toons available. There might be some bad RNG, but that's this game.

It's forcing the issue by making sure the newest toons and ships are in each platoon - and for the ships - we had 2-3 of the new ships in EVERY SINGLE ship platoon. Thats not random.

CG needs money I guess - so. 2 platoons are random but only from older toons. 2 platoons are set full random, so small chance new toons might appear. then the last 2 platoons always have new toons. ALWAYS. Then F2P guilds can ignore those two every time - it'll be easier on officers.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Hell u guys are doing great then.. we get 34 stars in TB
    .dark side til we die
  • Salsc
    73 posts Member
    Options
    Aside from the issues the OP is having unrelated to the topic...

I wholeheartedly agree that platoons have taken a noticeable turn for the worse in requiring paywalled characters to be filled. I do understand and appreciate the notion of requiring SOME of those in order to fill all 6 platoons.

I would consider it reasonable to be able to fill 2-4 platoons max having only 1 or 2 paywalled toons TOTAL. I would also consider it reasonable to only be able to fill the last 2 platoons having several paywalled toons in each platoon. An example of this:
    Platoon 1&2: 0 paywalled toons combined
    Platoon 3&4: 0-2 paywalled toons combined
    Platoon 5&6: 2-12 paywalled toons combined

Of course you could mix and match which platoons are which such that it isn't the same sets over and over again. The point is that a guild with 0 paywalled toons should be able to fill 2 platoons, and a guild that maybe only has one of each paywalled toon should be able to possibly fill 4 platoons, and only a guild that has several of each paywalled toon would be able to fill 6 platoons.

That means this bantha poodoo of having 1 or more sith fighters required for 5 out of 6 platoons the next week after the pack was released in the store is NOT OK. This on top of still having several of Lando's M Falcon required and still not being farmable... What a slap in the face to a lot of guilds...

It just seems like there should be a reasonable compromise with platoons requiring paywalled toons. The pendulum has swung too far one way recently.
  • Options
    Any chance we can get some developer comment on this issue? @CG_Carrie
  • Options
    Any chance we can get some developer comment on this issue? @CG_Carrie

Apparently not :/
    It's not like they aren't aware of this issue, just choosing to ignore it rather than make the simple fix :(
  • Options
    Why is this thread 6 pages long when the simple answer is they do this so people will whale out on packs and get them to 7*. And many do. Those guilds who don't have such players will not reach their goal until their galactic power rises drastically over many months.

It's all about money. Everything is about money. "Spirit of TW"? lolol please...
  • Options
    Thanks for the responses devs SMH. The more things change the more they stay the same. Seriously weak!
  • RawdSW
    150 posts Member
    Options
    As people progress, they'll have squads powerful enough to complete last phase battles without any help from filled platoons. When they first introduced LS TBs, I couldn't even finish phase 5 battles with any of the squads I had. Now I have at least two squads that can finish phase 6 battles without much trouble. Same goes for the DS TB.

As an FTP/Dolphin guild, we'll never be able to fill last tier platoons, but at some point that will simply become unnecessary. And yes, people who are prepared to pay 200$ for a single character will and *should* get the benefit.
  • Options
    How is this still a topic? Everyone knows the deal, and that deal is not going to change.
  • Options
    Today’s DSTB phase 4 fleet platoon requirements (5*): 5 sith fighters and a new falcon, with a single platoon not needing any of those. Strafing run remains at full strength leaving the fights ridiculously difficult. Being a player who already spent a fortune on the game I feel deceived and forced too hard to pay additional ridiculous amounts of money to get toons I don’t even want (the 5* sith fighter would cost about a 100 € by itself, and would still be a useless ship for pvp for example). And that is one ship, would also need to make others to join in this money-throwing. No, it does not feel alright.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Um, WHY do we need five star Embo already?
    Will we need six star and seven star Embo? :/

And again with the new ships in the ship platoon making that impossible.
  • Psychosaur
    27 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    As an FTP/Dolphin guild, we'll never be able to fill last tier platoons, but at some point that will simply become unnecessary. And yes, people who are prepared to pay 200$ for a single character will and *should* get the benefit.
    When community accepts the situation, that’s when we’re doomed :( We are not fish ffs! And as said, I’m not against paying, I’m more than glad to support a good game, but the ratios are out of scale! You can play for a year and a half with a subscription based mmo out of the price of one full character or buy two and a half full price AAA games! Yes, games cost more to make nowadays, yes there’s an upkeep to a live service, but these prices you are forced to pay are straight robbery, the way you are forced to pay is simply outrageous. This game used to be cool :(
  • Options
    Psychosaur wrote: »
    When community accepts the situation, that’s when we’re doomed :( We are not fish ffs! And as said, I’m not against paying, I’m more than glad to support a good game, but the ratios are out of scale! You can play for a year and a half with a subscription based mmo out of the price of one full character or buy two and a half full price AAA games! Yes, games cost more to make nowadays, yes there’s an upkeep to a live service, but these prices you are forced to pay are straight robbery, the way you are forced to pay is simply outrageous. This game used to be cool :(

You realize you are not being forced to pay anything right, . . . And no, you don’t need to complete the platoons in order to max combat waves, . . Build your squads up better if you are having issues. Consider platoons as a bonus, not a necessity, you will get more enjoyment that way.