Road ahead ?

Replies

  • Let's see tomorrow. Maybe they will surprise us. :o
  • Nikoms565
    11788 posts Member
    edited November 2018
    "The Road Ahead - For the first quarter of 2019, here's what's coming up ..."

    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • It’s a joke we still don’t know what’s going on. Like seriously. You have been hitting the snooze button like 10k times. Not even hints when this is supposed to be released?
  • Oh and “soonish” doesn’t cut it. Just like at the start of the quarter doesn’t but it when it’s past that.
  • Monel wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    The problem is not the leaks or whatever hidden story but it is the fact that they teased us early October about the road Ahead beeing worth the wait and then said that it was coming with even some nice hints (a la Crumb) and nothing happened since then ... just silence.

    So now we wait and hope something will come up this week so we can finally go back to planning our next steps in game.

    Why do you wait for them to play a game? Do what you want. I am currently working on Tuskens. Why? Because I want to, lol. It's your game. If you want a game plan I'll give you a simple one; unlock every character to 7 stars and gear them up. At some point you will need them. Now you are ready for everything :smile:

    Because I am playing this game for 3 years and this is actually the first time where we don’t really know what to focus on next.

    Yeah me too. I have Revan and Chewie and everything that came before them. I am finishing gearing clones cause I never did, and smaller focus around tuskens.

    Also, grinding out Embo, Sing, Sith fighter, hounds tooth and range trooper(sort of). Still plenty to do.

    Great stuff but no new game Mode, no new TB map, HSR easy ...
    Boring

    So a new mode comes out, a month later(if that) its rinse repeat. Boring again. This game is a collection and rinse repeat game. Nothing stays exciting for more than a time or two, that's why I never complained about how hard HSR was, had something to work towards. Now it takes less then 2 hours.

    Next challenge then ?

    Something new would be nice. The most exciting thing right is debating with everyone on the forums lol

    The biggest grind of them all lol

    It’s true the game is a constant grind - you’re never really done. I’m lucky though, I enjoy in working on factions and building them up. I’m luckier that I started 3 years ago when I had the chance and the time to just mess around and grind what I wanted with out hurting my guild.

    Yup, I am 3 years into this now as well. I was grinding all kinds of stuff way back then and it didnt matter cause you needed Teebo and QGJ to try and get through phase 1 of Rancor lol.

    As much as I want new it's nice to be able to just focus on grinding the BHs that just became farmable. Down time without 5 new marquees is welcomed and appreciated. It's not even communication that I want, but interaction would be nice.

    Oh my God. I had tried to forget about the Teebo Rancor nightmare.
  • I think it's feasible to assume that the bounty Hunter ships will hit farmable nodes by the end of the month and that you should probably jump on them immediately to farm for a likely Millennium Falcon Legendary. That's not because of a leak, that's just because it makes sense given bounty hunters were needed for Chewbacca.
  • Monel
    1479 posts Member
    Yep. I don’t really even care anymore, I’m just enjoying the 3 ring kitten show their promises have become. There is absolutely nothing they can say or do now that will restore the most microscopic amount of credibility.

    Dude, of course you care. You have posted in this thread twice today. Also, people that dont care dont post about not caring. It's cool to care, we all love this game and that's why we care. If we all stopped caring then CG can just shut it down.
  • SemiAsp wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Yep. I don’t really even care anymore, I’m just enjoying the 3 ring kitten show their promises have become. There is absolutely nothing they can say or do now that will restore the most microscopic amount of credibility.

    Dude, of course you care. You have posted in this thread twice today. Also, people that dont care dont post about not caring. It's cool to care, we all love this game and that's why we care. If we all stopped caring then CG can just shut it down.

    Shutting down a USD 10m per month cash cow is not on the agenda of EA for the next 2-3 years at the least. The game is here to stay, but the extremely worrying fact is that EA/CG is doing a very poor job of communicating with its community. That is why a vast majority of players are, myself included, are making negative posts in the likes of "not caring" or going FTP completely. The moment revenue decreases, EA/CG will be all over the boards with info of new stuff and so on, this is the nature of business.....

    I don’t think so. This game is one of many that EA has neglected to upkeep. Next it’s glitches which aren’t being repaired for weeks/months. Then a player spending boycott. Sooner than later, it closes down (Battle Field Heroes).

    It’s possible that revenue is already too low for them to care about communication, and If a pretty serious boycott was to come, it would mean the end of the game.

  • kshark wrote: »
    SemiAsp wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Yep. I don’t really even care anymore, I’m just enjoying the 3 ring kitten show their promises have become. There is absolutely nothing they can say or do now that will restore the most microscopic amount of credibility.

    Dude, of course you care. You have posted in this thread twice today. Also, people that dont care dont post about not caring. It's cool to care, we all love this game and that's why we care. If we all stopped caring then CG can just shut it down.

    Shutting down a USD 10m per month cash cow is not on the agenda of EA for the next 2-3 years at the least. The game is here to stay, but the extremely worrying fact is that EA/CG is doing a very poor job of communicating with its community. That is why a vast majority of players are, myself included, are making negative posts in the likes of "not caring" or going FTP completely. The moment revenue decreases, EA/CG will be all over the boards with info of new stuff and so on, this is the nature of business.....

    I don’t think so. This game is one of many that EA has neglected to upkeep. Next it’s glitches which aren’t being repaired for weeks/months. Then a player spending boycott. Sooner than later, it closes down (Battle Field Heroes).

    It’s possible that revenue is already too low for them to care about communication, and If a pretty serious boycott was to come, it would mean the end of the game.

    This is a cash cow for EA, with 500k + active players and a team of less than 30 people working on the game, I will bet you the profit margin is 50%+. That being said, no public company will drop 50m per year from their bottom line, or 5m for that matter. Back on the topic though, the lack of communication is appalling....
  • No_Try
    3812 posts Member
    kshark wrote: »
    SemiAsp wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Yep. I don’t really even care anymore, I’m just enjoying the 3 ring kitten show their promises have become. There is absolutely nothing they can say or do now that will restore the most microscopic amount of credibility.

    Dude, of course you care. You have posted in this thread twice today. Also, people that dont care dont post about not caring. It's cool to care, we all love this game and that's why we care. If we all stopped caring then CG can just shut it down.

    Shutting down a USD 10m per month cash cow is not on the agenda of EA for the next 2-3 years at the least. The game is here to stay, but the extremely worrying fact is that EA/CG is doing a very poor job of communicating with its community. That is why a vast majority of players are, myself included, are making negative posts in the likes of "not caring" or going FTP completely. The moment revenue decreases, EA/CG will be all over the boards with info of new stuff and so on, this is the nature of business.....

    I don’t think so. This game is one of many that EA has neglected to upkeep. Next it’s glitches which aren’t being repaired for weeks/months. Then a player spending boycott. Sooner than later, it closes down (Battle Field Heroes).

    It’s possible that revenue is already too low for them to care about communication, and If a pretty serious boycott was to come, it would mean the end of the game.

    Unfounded observation. While your gripes are true, the game is earning incredibly handsomely. It's getting %33 of EA's mobile market earnings and a whopping 10m per month with no trend of going down throughout the life of the game. The resources are listed previously in the topic.
  • It would be awesome to start a mass boycott on swgoh, until we get a proper road ahead. Not spending one dime until that date. We'd get the Road ahead by the following day, I guarantee that.

    Just saying.
  • ThisYeezy wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    Monel wrote: »
    Germi wrote: »
    The problem is not the leaks or whatever hidden story but it is the fact that they teased us early October about the road Ahead beeing worth the wait and then said that it was coming with even some nice hints (a la Crumb) and nothing happened since then ... just silence.

    So now we wait and hope something will come up this week so we can finally go back to planning our next steps in game.

    Why do you wait for them to play a game? Do what you want. I am currently working on Tuskens. Why? Because I want to, lol. It's your game. If you want a game plan I'll give you a simple one; unlock every character to 7 stars and gear them up. At some point you will need them. Now you are ready for everything :smile:

    Because I am playing this game for 3 years and this is actually the first time where we don’t really know what to focus on next.

    Yeah me too. I have Revan and Chewie and everything that came before them. I am finishing gearing clones cause I never did, and smaller focus around tuskens.

    Also, grinding out Embo, Sing, Sith fighter, hounds tooth and range trooper(sort of). Still plenty to do.

    Great stuff but no new game Mode, no new TB map, HSR easy ...
    Boring

    So a new mode comes out, a month later(if that) its rinse repeat. Boring again. This game is a collection and rinse repeat game. Nothing stays exciting for more than a time or two, that's why I never complained about how hard HSR was, had something to work towards. Now it takes less then 2 hours.

    Next challenge then ?

    Something new would be nice. The most exciting thing right is debating with everyone on the forums lol

    The biggest grind of them all lol

    It’s true the game is a constant grind - you’re never really done. I’m lucky though, I enjoy in working on factions and building them up. I’m luckier that I started 3 years ago when I had the chance and the time to just mess around and grind what I wanted with out hurting my guild.

    Yup, I am 3 years into this now as well. I was grinding all kinds of stuff way back then and it didnt matter cause you needed Teebo and QGJ to try and get through phase 1 of Rancor lol.

    As much as I want new it's nice to be able to just focus on grinding the BHs that just became farmable. Down time without 5 new marquees is welcomed and appreciated. It's not even communication that I want, but interaction would be nice.

    Oh my God. I had tried to forget about the Teebo Rancor nightmare.

    Teebo lead , clone war chewy, qgj, tusken raider i can’t remember the 5th.
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    I think it's feasible to assume that the bounty Hunter ships will hit farmable nodes by the end of the month and that you should probably jump on them immediately to farm for a likely Millennium Falcon Legendary. That's not because of a leak, that's just because it makes sense given bounty hunters were needed for Chewbacca.

    Because patterns!! Right. Probably Bh ships + Empîre. Like how Thrawn was PHX + rebels. Soo that means 1 legendary ship per year.

    Or ya know- they could just make a legendary requiring Anakin ship in a month.
  • Monel wrote: »
    Yep. I don’t really even care anymore, I’m just enjoying the 3 ring kitten show their promises have become. There is absolutely nothing they can say or do now that will restore the most microscopic amount of credibility.

    Dude, of course you care. You have posted in this thread twice today. Also, people that dont care dont post about not caring. It's cool to care, we all love this game and that's why we care. If we all stopped caring then CG can just shut it down.

    Actually I don’t. As I said, I’m here for the schadenfreude. My guild is the only thing keeping me from deleting the game. CG’s bungling every promise they make to their customer assured that. Post the road ahead. Or don’t. At this point it’s the same to me! I’m just interested in how long they’ll let it simmer before they attempt damage control. And how hilarious will that attempt be? That’s what I care about, so don’t try to tell me what I do and do not care about. And don’t assume I’m a “dude”.
  • @Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    Ewok scout?
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    @Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    Ewok scout?

    No it was someone random for sure. I don’t think I was smart enough to run Ewok with Ewok lol
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    @Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    Ewok scout?

    No it was someone random for sure. I don’t think I was smart enough to run Ewok with Ewok lol

    Magmatrooper? I have repressed that memory too, almost.
  • Vinniarth wrote: »
    @Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    Ewok scout?
    Stokat wrote: »
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    @Vinny_Vader_Vedi
    Ewok scout?

    No it was someone random for sure. I don’t think I was smart enough to run Ewok with Ewok lol

    Magmatrooper? I have repressed that memory too, almost.

    You were right Vinn, was Ewok scout lmao
  • Putting this much blame on CG is kinda unfair, we don't know what is happening behind the scenes or what their dark overlord is demanding from them. From what i heard they are trying to find out who was leaking information, which is why GC test accounts are closed right now and why some stuff might have been delayed or moved around. That might be a reason why "Road Ahead" is so much delayed. If thats the case then asshat who decided its "cool" to leak stuff is to blame.

    To be honest i dont get why some poeple complaing so much, some act like CG is a devil that wants their soul. Sure we were promised "Road Ahead" post, but last one basicly contained two things, Kotor toons and mod changes. Sure mod changes were quite big, but still it was only two things. I get it, we are not happy and im sure they arent either. I suggest that we chill and wait.
  • Germi
    550 posts Member
    Here we go my @CG_SBCrumb friend !

    Today we are closer from the end of the week than the start.

    Can we expect something this week (today or tomorrow) or did you encounter some issues in your initial planning so it has to be postponed to next week ?

    Thank you for the update.
  • Germi
    550 posts Member
    Thank you @Kyno
  • Ultra wrote: »
    I have a difficult time trusting crumbs word on meeting deadlines

    I’m still chalking it up to his newness. Pretty sure we re at radio silence mode except for Cap because he’s too cool for rules lol

    And of course kyno ty. (It always implied because I’m going to end up saying it a million times)
  • Iy4oy4s
    1052 posts Member
    I’m sure that they have a lot of it done already, so they should give us what they have and save the rest for when it’s ready, road ahead p1 and p2. Give us SOMETHING!!
  • Having a leak is not a simple thing with which to deal. Yes, there hasn't been much communication, but if you are investigating a leak or are trying to deal with the ramifications of a leak, then public communication may not be an option. CG will be posting the Road Ahead at some point and may or may not provide more information about the silence leading up to it. If they do let us know why there wasn't communication, then great. If not, they simply may not be allowed to do so. I highly doubt that any of this was intentional, done to anger the players, but is most likely the result of a complicated issue about which we, the community, may never know more.
  • Germi
    550 posts Member
    Having a leak is not a simple thing with which to deal. Yes, there hasn't been much communication, but if you are investigating a leak or are trying to deal with the ramifications of a leak, then public communication may not be an option. CG will be posting the Road Ahead at some point and may or may not provide more information about the silence leading up to it. If they do let us know why there wasn't communication, then great. If not, they simply may not be allowed to do so. I highly doubt that any of this was intentional, done to anger the players, but is most likely the result of a complicated issue about which we, the community, may never know more.

    The hidden story doesn’t explain the lack of communication.
This discussion has been closed.