Ewoks for c3po

Prev1345
Gair
616 posts Member
edited December 2018
So I keep seeing people, including game changers farming bears. The additional question would be .. and dare I even throw this into the universe but .. t12 bears?

We have Endor coming up ... can we get something official. Also, was there some official announcement on the 25th for all events available?

EDIT: Dev post confirmed. https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/189065/c-3po-requirements
Post edited by Gair on

Replies

• Options
    Yeah, I have been seeing a lot of the farming happening too. But, is it just speculative? Or has there been confirmation that C3P0 will be Legendary and not just some Marquee release? We have all been surprised in the past.
  • Options
    It’s all speculation until we get official word. Ewok Legendary just seem the most likely currently
  • Landale3
    87 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Ok, that sounds about right. FWIW I began farming Ewoks anyway since I wanted to be able to beat Endor Escalation and get another TW team happening.

However, what's weird to me about speculating Ewoks is that all the Legendary characters are ones you have to fight in order to get their shards. Thrawn, BB8, R2D2, Emperor, Grand Master Yoda, Chewie, etc. are all enemies you defeat in their respective legendary events. So unless it's Ewoks fighting Han/CLS/Rolo/Chewie/R2D2/C3PO in order to "Save" C3PO, then I don't know how else Ewoks would fit.

But, I think that would be hilarious if that was the scenario.
  • Options
    I have already all ewoks maxed out G12 etc... so then CG will give free C3P0 ?
    I doubt it
  • Halo
    98 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Landale3 wrote: »
    Ok, that sounds about right. FWIW I began farming Ewoks anyway since I wanted to be able to beat Endor Escalation and get another TW team happening.

However, what's weird to me about speculating Ewoks is that all the Legendary characters are ones you have to fight in order to get their shards. Thrawn, BB8, R2D2, Emperor, Grand Master Yoda, Chewie, etc. are all enemies you defeat in their respective legendary events. So unless it's Ewoks fighting Han/CLS/Rolo/Chewie/R2D2/C3PO in order to "Save" C3PO, then I don't know how else Ewoks would fit.

GMY is same faction, and is the precedent people are using for Ewoks this time. Possibly to rescue C3PO from Imperial troopers/Empire
    I doubt it

Why not? No different to the people who had maxed out Bounty Hunters before Chewie dropped
  • Options
    I just want to know what it will take. Do they normally announce it at any specific time or day?
  • Options
    Halo wrote: »
    Landale3 wrote: »

GMY is same faction, and is the precedent people are using for Ewoks this time. Possibly to rescue C3PO from Imperial troopers/Empire
    I doubt it

Why not? No different to the people who had maxed out Bounty Hunters before Chewie dropped

Yoda is not the precedent ...... He is same faction, so he would have to be ewoks fighting ewoks..... I think the scenario you quoted is very likely, if it's ewoks...
  • Options
    Bb3po wrote: »
    I just want to know what it will take. Do they normally announce it at any specific time or day?

A week prior.
  • Options
    Bb3po wrote: »

Min one week before the event.
    I would say Thursday !
  • Options
    Omg. That’s not gonna work. Lol
  • Options
    Gear up your Ewoks now, then lament as Jawas are announced as the faction needed for C3PO.
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Yoda is not the precedent ...... He is same faction, so he would have to be ewoks fighting ewoks..... I think the scenario you quoted is very likely, if it's ewoks...

Precedent in the sense that it’s a friendly facrion rather than opposing
  • Gair
    616 posts Member
    Options
    Palanthian wrote: »
    Gear up your Ewoks now, then lament as Jawas are announced as the faction needed for C3PO.

Not going to lie, been working on Chief just for this LOL
  • Options
    Not gonna lie, but I will be extremely upset if I have to farm Ewoks for a character that will be required for an even more important character later. This would be more insulting than forcing me to farm Jawas for something and then removing that requirement altoghther shortly after I finished them (dont get me started).

Forced farms I get. Forced farms of arguably unimportant factions would be un fun. Might as well force us to farm Tuskens.
  • Ultra
    11514 posts Moderator
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Forced farms I get. Forced farms of arguably unimportant factions would be un fun. Might as well force us to farm Tuskens.
    Depends on what you consider unimportant.

Not a fan of ewoks but there is a considerable playerbase that loves them and they are pretty useful in TW, TB, and possibly Grand Arena. They hold well in Arena. Not the most meta team or raid-focused team but useful in other game modes
  • Landale3
    87 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    VonZant wrote: »
    Might as well force us to farm Tuskens.

Introducing the all-new "Bantha" character. Join the Tusken Raiders on the hunt to capture a new Bantha for the herd.

Bantha is an AOE attacker that dazes, staggers, and exposes all enemies with his basic attack. When on the same team with a Wampa, the Wampa rides the Bantha and creates an all-new moveset for both, crushing the puny enemy team in their path.
  • Options
    Palanthian wrote: »

I actually have all my jawas 7 star. Go figure. Haha
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • Options
    Gair wrote: »
    Also, was there some official announcement on the 25th for all events available?

There is no official announcement of any kind about all events on the 25th. Do not get your hopes set on that, as it will likely not happen (never imo). I believe that it was meant as a joke that someone on a separate thread mentioned, but even there people mentioned that it would not happen.
    Looking for an amazing new guild? Check out Boba's Allience: discord.gg/trr93Ty
  • Options
    Gair wrote: »
    Also, was there some official announcement on the 25th for all events available?

Last 12/25 they ran both the credit heist and droid smuggling events, unannounced obviously. They might do it again or they might not. I wouldn’t bet on them doing any more that that
    I demand Grand Arena Elo ratings.
  • Options
    I, for one, enjoy playing with the ewoks and would love it if a special event award was dependent on having them viable. Just one person’s opinion but I think they are fun.
  • Options
    But if its ewoks are we gonna fight against c3po?

• Options
    Jedi needed for Yoda, otherwise it is typically an opposing faction to unlock a legendary. You are most welcome, captain obvious has chimed in. Now, here are my thoughts...

C3-PO will be the paywall for Jedi Luke. Get ready for unlocking the golden annoyance with multiple factions. Jawas and Ewoks. You'll also need R2.
  • Options
    miketo wrote: »
    Jedi needed for Yoda, otherwise it is typically an opposing faction to unlock a legendary. You are most welcome, captain obvious has chimed in. Now, here are my thoughts...

C3-PO will be the paywall for Jedi Luke. Get ready for unlocking the golden annoyance with multiple factions. Jawas and Ewoks. You'll also need R2.

I actually think something like this is going to happen. He could have a hero’s journey starting with-
    1. R2D2 needed with him to escape from the empire on Tantive 1
    2. Jawas needed to capture him and R2 on tatooine
    3. Either Farmboy Luke needed to buy 3po and R2 from Jawas or Jawas needed to sell them to Farmboy Luke
    4. Farmboy Luke, R2, St. Han, Old Ben, Chewie needed to take 3po to Death Star
    5. CLS, Chewie, Raid Han, R2, ROLO needed to escape from Hoth
    6. Ewoks needed to capture 3po on Endor

There could even be ugnaughts Lobot and lando needed to repair him on bespin, possibly unlock the OT falcon etc.

"Who's the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows them?"--Obi-Wan Kenobi
  • Vendi1983
    5024 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Camakin

So a Heroes Journey that requires:

2 7* legendaries - R2 & Chewbacca
    - 5 7* Empire
    - 5 7* G11-12 Bounty Hunters
    5 7* Jawas
    4/5ths of the CLS requirements again
    A Heroes Journey character - CLS
    A Raid-only character - Han Solo
    A TB-only character - ROLO

And then 5 7* Ewoks.

29 total characters...(including Leia for unlocking CLS in the first place)
  • Options
    I've just assumed it could be Ewoks vs Imperial Troopers, much like the Ewoks aided in the battle. Obv C3 should have synergy with the murder bears, as well as the Rebels and Droids.

Another thing is that if theyre not needed now, i doubt they wll ever have a chance to become as important as they could be now. True, it will annoy many, but give me another example of em being as important as a wall for, potentially, Jedi Luke
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    CapnJack81 wrote: »
    I've just assumed it could be Ewoks vs Imperial
    Think you mean to say, you watched YouTube and ahnald said it either of those two factions?
  • Options
    Instead of working on your Ewoks in anticipation, or jawas for that matter, try demonstrating some discipline by hoarding gear. That way you have it covered either way.
  • EtchaSketch
    74 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    JTR last year was around the holidays and was announced 2 weeks prior, others, Revan, were announced a week prior. So who knows.
    Last year they also said they would be giving us 25% more crystals in the (vault pack?) and then changed the wording saying it was a mistype. Dont believe anything until its in game.
  • Options
    JTR last year was around the holidays and was announced 2 weeks prior, others, Revan, were announced a week prior. So who knows.
    Last year they also said they would be giving us 25% more crystals in the (vault pack?) and then changed the wording saying it was a mistype. Dont believe anything until its in game.

Ironic because EA's old slogan was "If it's in the game, it's in the game!"
  • Jubai
    112 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Grizz331 wrote: »
    Instead of working on your Ewoks in anticipation, or jawas for that matter, try demonstrating some discipline by hoarding gear. That way you have it covered either way.

Okay let me make sense of this comment. We should not get ready for the event per say, instead we should grind potential gear for a character we won't have the required sub character's to acquire in the first place, rendering the gear useless for another 3 month's until the legendary event returns and thus enabling us to use the gear we grinded 3 month's previous instead of actually just grinding ewoke in the first place. Class A advice, you are a master Jedi