Is new C3P0/Chewie event difficulty good for the player base?

Replies

• Options
    G8 years ago was still much easier to reach than G11 now. You had maximum 100 carbs per toons, and no gold balls :/.
  • Options
    I'd contend the new difficulty to get a 7* legendary character is great for the player base.
    - it rewards investment
    - prevents an overabundance of premier characters
    - scales for the improved prevalence of gear
    - still allows 5* unlock at a relatively attainable gear level
    - and you're still competing mostly against people that started at the same time / have the same progression as you

I don't have a problem with the increased difficulty at all. Keeps the game interesting.
  • Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »
    G8 years ago was still much easier to reach than G11 now. You had maximum 100 carbs per toons, and no gold balls :/.

I disagree to an extent. When g8 was the few we had much fewer sources of gear than we do now. I think gearing to g11 is equivalent to gearing to g8 was a couple of years ago.

It also seems they are opening the flood gates at least some on eyeballs and stunguns. They are still the gear I need most but I seem to be getting them quite a bit faster than before.

So with ga adding another source of gear, I doubt the gearing to g10 or g11 will be that much of an issue going forward.
  • Options

I disagree to an extent. When g8 was the few we had much fewer sources of gear than we do now. I think gearing to g11 is equivalent to gearing to g8 was a couple of years ago.

Remember farming Stun Guns before guild, guild event, fleet (RIP--no more gear), and shard shop currency could buy them?

Older players didn't notice a sensor array crunch for so long because we had thousands stockpiled from challenges because of how long it took to make a stun gun or pineapple.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Remember farming Stun Guns before guild, guild event, fleet (RIP--no more gear), and shard shop currency could buy them?

Older players didn't notice a sensor array crunch for so long because we had thousands stockpiled from challenges because of how long it took to make a stun gun or pineapple.

Yeah I remember. But now I buy stun guns pretty frequently in he store for cheap and in the shard store frequently. So I get at least one or two a week.

If I'm in a hurry I buy the 20 for 500 crystals or so. I have all the legendaries but Regan and I'm ready when he comes so I have plenty of excess crystals at the moment for gear. Though I'm stockpiling them for the next ptp legendary. My goal is to have enough crystals to actually get a character like revan the first time around ftp. I'm at 15k after spending some to gear ewoks and traya. So still have some work to do since it'll probably take 50k or more.

But every 5 or 10k I reward myself with a stun gun or other gear I need.
  • Options

It also seems they are opening the flood gates at least some on eyeballs and stunguns. They are still the gear I need most but I seem to be getting them quite a bit faster than before.

So with ga adding another source of gear, I doubt the gearing to g10 or g11 will be that much of an issue going forward.

We could do it data driven: look at Rebels before Wiggs and count the number of carbantis before G9. I am fairly sure it is around near 0.

As for Jedi, G8 is also quite seamless with 0 carbantis (or near 0) until G9.

So, G8 was much easier to achieve then now. If we are talking about G10, then I agree. But anything below G8 was always almost seamless (holo projectors excepted).
  • Options
    The difficulty in the recent events are good for everyone imo. Some of the new events are characters that many people love like Chewbacca. However I think that Hero’s journeys should be more difficult than most legendary events because all the Hero characters have been meta defining unlike some legendary characters like Yoda and EP took reworks to make them meta
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    The difficulty with the Hero's Journey is the star farm.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Options

We could do it data driven: look at Rebels before Wiggs and count the number of carbantis before G9. I am fairly sure it is around near 0.

As for Jedi, G8 is also quite seamless with 0 carbantis (or near 0) until G9.

So, G8 was much easier to achieve then now. If we are talking about G10, then I agree. But anything below G8 was always almost seamless (holo projectors excepted).

yeah but holo projectors used to be harder to get so there was still the bottleneck there. Now with three raids worth of guild currency, holo projectors are quick. And carbontis are much quicker than before. You can buy them in the guild store, guilld event store, and shard shop. We have more currency than ever in all thses stores.

The point I'm making is that the carbontis don't slow you down much more than the holo projectors used to.
  • Options
    It would be great if you could outplay the teams in events. At this moment it's just waiting until you're overgearing the event.

The enemy characters are so fast, they get 3 turns before you can do anything.
  • Options
    0 for 61 on Chewie event.

G12 Zeta Boba lead. G12 Zeta Zam. G12 Zeta Greedo. G12 Cad. G11 IG88.

50/50 I'm deleting the game.

Gonna sleep on it.

Been playing since launch. Invested lots of time and energy into this game and for my low income a good bit of money comparatively.

Don't want to make an irrational decision, but 61 attempts and only defeating one toon in 3 separate battles, never Chewie and mostly getting 2 toons who go once before everyone is dead is a bit too much for me.

Maybe this just isn't my game anymore if the new norm is spending hours/days/weeks in futility.

• Gankak
    226 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I have said it before these guys are programmers and don’t even understand their own game. They do not know how to make a successful event and people keep throwing money at them for the abuse. Rng should never be the main mechanic of any event but these tools are clueless.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    So you all think that's what is happening right now? Ok.
  • Options

Gonna sleep on it.

Been playing since launch. Invested lots of time and energy into this game and for my low income a good bit of money comparatively.

Don't want to make an irrational decision, but 61 attempts and only defeating one toon in 3 separate battles, never Chewie and mostly getting 2 toons who go once before everyone is dead is a bit too much for me.

Maybe this just isn't my game anymore if the new norm is spending hours/days/weeks in futility.

Impossible without Dengar.
  • Options

Gonna sleep on it.

It's an rng fest without bossk. Bossk's zeta makes surviving easier. So my question is if you wanted chewie this time, why didn't you 7 star bossk?

It was known since last time that he took the rng out of it at least to an extent and tbh it was fairly obvious before the event started that bossk lead would be useful.

If you're a launch player, you had plenty of time and resources to have a g12 zbossk. That would make it easier.
  • Options
    Intrapidoo wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    I'd contend the new difficulty to get a 7* legendary character is great for the player base.
    - it rewards investment
    - prevents an overabundance of premier characters
    - scales for the improved prevalence of gear
    - still allows 5* unlock at a relatively attainable gear level
    - and you're still competing mostly against people that started at the same time / have the same progression as you

I don't have a problem with the increased difficulty at all. Keeps the game interesting.

I still needed 2 hours of rng with my g12 zBossk lead to even unlock it so the relatively attainable is not relatively attainable.

What are you running with your g12 zbossk? That can make a huge difference.
  • Options
    Not a fan of the difficulty on Chewbacca event. I have G12 Zbossk, zboba, zgreedo, 88, cad and I can’t touch it. Between this event, my distaste for GA, and the TW pull out I’m tempted to uninstall.
  • Options
    Sage020 wrote: »
    Not a fan of the difficulty on Chewbacca event. I have G12 Zbossk, zboba, zgreedo, 88, cad and I can’t touch it. Between this event, my distaste for GA, and the TW pull out I’m tempted to uninstall.

Do you not have a 7 star dengar? It was pretty obvious since last time he makes the event easier. That is your issue. Not the event difficulty.
  • Options

Yeah I remember. But now I buy stun guns pretty frequently in he store for cheap and in the shard store frequently. So I get at least one or two a week.

If I'm in a hurry I buy the 20 for 500 crystals or so. I have all the legendaries but Regan and I'm ready when he comes so I have plenty of excess crystals at the moment for gear. Though I'm stockpiling them for the next ptp legendary. My goal is to have enough crystals to actually get a character like revan the first time around ftp. I'm at 15k after spending some to gear ewoks and traya. So still have some work to do since it'll probably take 50k or more.

50K crystals might not be enough. Im there now and wont stop hoarding until i am at 100K
  • Options
    I beat Chewie t7 on the second try today. Greedo died but I was never in any real danger of losing. Bossk has pretty good mods but everyone else's are just decent.

I suppose it's a little goofy that Dengar is virtually required, but it's not like he's some trashbag character that becomes useless after you have Chewie, so having him be a "soft" requirement really doesn't seem that bad. Plus he's been in the game for eons, so if you saw the event last time, saw everyone saying he makes it a million times easier, and still didn't star him up, you really only have yourself to blame.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options

50K crystals might not be enough. Im there now and wont stop hoarding until i am at 100K

Depends on how much time I have I guess. I think I could have gotten revan with 50k stashed. I did a lot of farming and refreshing and wasn't that far off with no stash.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    The difficulty of the event was fine. The preloaded tm is getting old fast.

As a roster evolves, events need to as well.

This.

Preloaded turn meter is why chewy event was hard without that i wouldnt have struggled at all
  • TVF
    36623 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Obi1_son wrote: »
    The difficulty of the event was fine. The preloaded tm is getting old fast.

As a roster evolves, events need to as well.

This.

Preloaded turn meter is why chewy event was hard without that i wouldnt have struggled at all

And that's why they do it.
  • Chima
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Speaking as a newer player I think you cannot only consider the old players when you are creating an event. You must keep the new players engaged with the game as well. When you start the game you have a huge list of the characters you can get (a lot more than you had 3 years ago) and most part of them requires another team to get them and gear them and most parts of them are not going to increases your ranks to get some crystals to speed up your farm. To get the C3PO/Chewie most part of my guild had to put all the squad G12 and G12 isn't easy for new players.

Also, the new characters combined with the old characters totally change the meta and the newer players will have these characters a way to late than the old players and probably when they are not too relevant anymore. So it's a fact, you'll always behind.

I don't want the events to be easy or something isn't my point here, but why to demand such a high gear to get the toons? There are a lot more involved to make the teams work.

For example, I cannot even think to have a PVP meta team with CLS, Han, Chewie, C3PO, R2D2. Even if would be possible get Chewie or C3PO with G10 team. Since I still farming the toons for CLS, waiting to get Han 7* and gearing R2D2. When I get CLS I must put him G12 put a bunch of zetas, get Han 7* put him G12, put R2D2 g12 and to complete this team I must put more 10 characters G12 with zetas, it doesn't make any sense since I already have a lot of time gates.

And I'm just talking about "my personal goals" I'm not even considering the Guild Goals like "you must farm teams for the Sith raid."
  • Options
    I forgot this thread existed. Anyway, the more I think about it the more I'm fine with these events as they are.

My blisteringly hot take is that they're not hard at all.

The perception that they're hard comes from people trying to brute force their way through events using the characters they already have, instead of looking at using different characters. Pretty much everyone who's been around for a long enough time, for instance, has IG-88 geared well because droids used to be baller and he's got a good ship. So they figured, hey, he's a Bounty Hunter, let's use him to get Chewbacca, and then they get clobbered and come complain. Replace your g11 IG-88 with a g10 Zam or Greedo or Cad Bane (Or Dengar--but most folks were already using him anyway) and your roster for this event is markedly improved.

Similarly with C3-PO, people were trying with only one of Paploo, Wicket, or Logray because those are newer characters that folks may not have completed. They were out there using Teebo and Scout and no zeta on Chirpa and complaining that even their g12s weren't getting it done. Meanwhile, anyone who went Chirpa zeta, Paploo, Wicket, Elder, Plus One (usually Logray, becaue if you have Paploo and Wicket then you're the type who would also have Logray) you waltzed your way to a C3-PO with as many stars as the lowest character you used.

Every event is a puzzle. You can solve it by having the right team at the right gear (My Bounty Hunters were one g12, three g11s, one g10; my ewoks were one g10, four g9s) and get the right results. Or you can brute force the wrong team though it with g12 and arena mods after dozens of tries. This is why Hero's Journeys are so easy--you can't use the wrong team. It's impossible.

When I was a a real little kid we would play with those toys at school where you had a bunch of different-shaped holes and you had to find the shape that would go into the right hole. I've used this example in other threads because it's true as hell--I had a friend who thought the star-shaped hole and the triangle-shaped hole looked close enough, so he would grab the triangle and try to shove it through the star and get upset that it didn't work. If you think these events are hard it's because you're using the wrong piece.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Troyo
    63 posts Member
    Options
    I forgot this thread existed. Anyway, the more I think about it the more I'm fine with these events as they are.

My blisteringly hot take is that they're not hard at all.

The perception that they're hard comes from people trying to brute force their way through events using the characters they already have, instead of looking at using different characters. Pretty much everyone who's been around for a long enough time, for instance, has IG-88 geared well because droids used to be baller and he's got a good ship. So they figured, hey, he's a Bounty Hunter, let's use him to get Chewbacca, and then they get clobbered and come complain. Replace your g11 IG-88 with a g10 Zam or Greedo or Cad Bane (Or Dengar--but most folks were already using him anyway) and your roster for this event is markedly improved.

Similarly with C3-PO, people were trying with only one of Paploo, Wicket, or Logray because those are newer characters that folks may not have completed. They were out there using Teebo and Scout and no zeta on Chirpa and complaining that even their g12s weren't getting it done. Meanwhile, anyone who went Chirpa zeta, Paploo, Wicket, Elder, Plus One (usually Logray, becaue if you have Paploo and Wicket then you're the type who would also have Logray) you waltzed your way to a C3-PO with as many stars as the lowest character you used.

Every event is a puzzle. You can solve it by having the right team at the right gear (My Bounty Hunters were one g12, three g11s, one g10; my ewoks were one g10, four g9s) and get the right results. Or you can brute force the wrong team though it with g12 and arena mods after dozens of tries. This is why Hero's Journeys are so easy--you can't use the wrong team. It's impossible.

When I was a a real little kid we would play with those toys at school where you had a bunch of different-shaped holes and you had to find the shape that would go into the right hole. I've used this example in other threads because it's true as hell--I had a friend who thought the star-shaped hole and the triangle-shaped hole looked close enough, so he would grab the triangle and try to shove it through the star and get upset that it didn't work. If you think these events are hard it's because you're using the wrong piece.

Exactly!!!!!!

I have noticed so many in GA and new members of my guild that have great characters and have no clue how to use them, what their abilities or leaderships even say, and have no idea how mods work.

We had newer members in our guild that had BHs gear 9 or above and asking advise because they couldn't unlock Chewy at 5 star. When I checked out their mods they had virtually no speed and no potency while using Boba as lead. When I asked them why they said the game reccommend these. The mod advice in this game does not help new players much because it is misleading but that's a different topic. Anyway when they nodded for speed and potency guess what happened??? They beat it within a couple tries.

You have to also use strategy in attacking. You can't always just focus all attacks at one toon thinking you will just over power them.

Are these events hard? Yes!! Read the abilities, leaderships, and mods to learn how they work and things get a lot easier. Does RNG help? Of course but it no different than in arenas. I can beat a team at times without losing a character and next time completely flip flop.