New Clue!

Replies

• Mikayas
    94 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Mikayas wrote: »
    Fact that you have the nerve to release a puzzle while ignoring the obvious outrage at the proposed TW changes is pretty much kitten. ; )
    As mentioned in the Megathread, we are going to review the feedback when we get back to the office. I know folks are frustrated now but I'll have more to say on the topic in the future. Today's clue is something we have been working on over the holidays, let's enjoy this in the meantime, eh?

Thank you for taking time to address the issue. I appreciate your response.
  • Jagged_Fel wrote: »
    Here is the completed table if it helps. I'm not very good with puzzles, but I can do excel. *edit: My excel file is also attached for any others to use. Note, numbers are rounded to closest integer where needed.

2laf1h3.png

This is good, but you typo'ed the bottom left box - the given number is 120, not 102. The row should read 120 | 1:25 | 85 | 170

Good catch. Fixed it in both the image and the attached excel file. Thanks for your help!
  • The number of letters in each word is significant. From the "poem, the numbers are:
    3 1 5 3 3 3 3 4 4 5 2 3 9
    2 4 2 4 3 2 3 5 3 4 4 5 5 3
    4 8 4 7 2 7 3 6 2 5 3
    6 2 6 6 3 4 4 4 3 4 3 4 3 3 3 3
    4 4 3 4 4 7 2 4 3 3 5
  • probably need to take the mirror image of the smaller dial. The aurebesh letters look inverted
  • Perhaps it’s that General Grievous rework/Capital ship.
  • I'm hoping it's a ship raid.
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    DarthJarX2 wrote: »
    The number of letters in each word is significant
    Why? For the 4x4 cipher?

• No printer, so I'll let someone else do make the cut-out wheel.
  • Will we get more fleet content to use this new ship? The fun factor of getting a legendary ship vs hero is vastly different. I hope some raid for ships is in order or else no one will panic to obtain this beauty!
  • Ultra
    11423 posts Moderator
    DarthJarX2 wrote: »
    EVS-469 is a very obscure part of Star Wars Lore

latest?cb=20090421082222

Cool looking droid. Nice art with the Falcon ;)

Looks like CG_EVS_469 is a fan of the books
  • I can settle if that becomes a droid leader.

• Arkhelyi wrote: »
    probably need to take the mirror image of the smaller dial. The aurebesh letters look inverted

The letters on the smaller dial next to the 60 say “RATE” in aurebesh if you invert the characters.

Parsecs/hr is a rate or a measure of distance/time. Also all of the speeds are below 360 so maybe related to degrees of a circle?
  • DarthJarX2
    95 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    It's a polyalphabetic cipher, but I can't do it
  • SnakesOnAPlane
  • Arkhelyi
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Kayman wrote: »
    Arkhelyi wrote: »
    probably need to take the mirror image of the smaller dial. The aurebesh letters look inverted

The letters on the smaller dial next to the 60 say “RATE” in aurebesh if you invert the characters.

Agreed. Also a note that only letters are inverted. Numbers are written correctly.
    Parsecs/hr is a rate or a measure of distance/time. Also all of the speeds are below 360 so maybe related to degrees of a circle?

Not sure about that. The scales on the dial are not linear. I think they run from 100 to 990 (displayed as a 1/10th of that or could be from 10 to 99) on the both dials. which would be more consistent with distances but can also be used for speed or times in minutes.

The letters on the inner dial read like (taking the 'rate' marker as the beginning):
    • R8EQOASSFG134L7B (16 characters)
    • J9IXZ9FD6JH58CGUDM (18 characters, the last two being squished together)
    • TLFERW2BNMGK0PLV (16 characters, the first two being squished together)

Agreed.

Not sure about that. The scales on the dial are not linear. I think they run from 100 to 990 (displayed as a 1/10th of that or could be from 10 to 99) on the both dials. which would be more consistent with distances but can also be used for speed or times in minutes.

That sounds plausible. So maybe we get this: outer dial is distance, inner dial is rate, use the duration as a time and choose the letters they intersect?
  • So the dials work like speed/distance to time calculation. If you match the distance on the outer dial to the time (in minutes) on the inner dial, you read the speed at the 'rate' marker. Cool... but I don't see the next step
  • I'm just going to throw out there that somewhere in all this, as per the puzzle, I suspect that a pwd is going to be necessary. Perhaps the translated cipher is a file structure. I actually don't know computing so I am not entirely sure what you would do to use a pwd
  • That sounds plausible. So maybe we get this: outer dial is distance, inner dial is rate, use the duration as a time and choose the letters they intersect?

Yeah, trying this now: align distance(outer)/speed(inner) and speed ('rate' marker from inner to speed value on outer). With this, instead of using the dials as a calculation, you have three points to align them and can isolate a character from the inner dial (radius between marked center and aligned speed/distance values)
  • That's no moon it's a space station.
  • People have printers still in 2019?
  • Tsuo_Vook
    62 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    The letters on the inner dial read like (taking the 'rate' marker as the beginning):
    • R8EQOASSFY134L7B (16 characters)

Corrected one of the letters above. I'm going to go through and check your work on the others shortly. Picked this one up because (in the previous version) the dial contained every number from 0 to 9 and every letter except Y. Turns out Y should have been in there, on the top line, replacing a G in the original---so although there are repeats, the dials contain every alphanumeric Aurebesh character.

Make of that what you will.
  • Tsuo_Vook wrote: »

Corrected one of the letters above. I'm going to go through and check your work on the others shortly. Picked this one up because (in the previous version) the dial contained every number from 0 to 9 and every letter except Y. Turns out Y should have been in there---so although there are repeats, the dials contain every alphanumeric Aurebesh character.

@CG_SBCrumb it looks like @Tsuo_Vook is on the puzzle. I’ll give you less than an hour before it’s solved. Book it!

Corrected one of the letters above. I'm going to go through and check your work on the others shortly. Picked this one up because (in the previous version) the dial contained every number from 0 to 9 and every letter except Y. Turns out Y should have been in there, on the top line, replacing a G in the original---so although there are repeats, the dials contain every alphanumeric Aurebesh character.

Thanks! (I think i made the mistake copying my bad cursive writing)

Corrected one of the letters above. I'm going to go through and check your work on the others shortly. Picked this one up because (in the previous version) the dial contained every number from 0 to 9 and every letter except Y. Turns out Y should have been in there---so although there are repeats, the dials contain every alphanumeric Aurebesh character.

@CG_SBCrumb it looks like @Tsuo_Vook is on the puzzle. I’ll give you less than an hour before it’s solved. Book it!
    I'd take that bet. You haven't even scratched the surface yet bwhahaha

Though Vook doesn't mess around so I expect the pace to pick up
  • Grue
    54 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Tsuo_Vook wrote: »
    • T1FERW2BNMGK0PLV (16 characters, the first two being squished together)

I corrected another mistake. The second character of the inner circle is 1 not L. Other than that, I think the rest are right.
    • T1FERW2BNMGK0PLV (16 characters, the first two being squished together)
    That sounds plausible. So maybe we get this: outer dial is distance, inner dial is rate, use the duration as a time and choose the letters they intersect?

Yeah, trying this now: align distance(outer)/speed(inner) and speed ('rate' marker from inner to speed value on outer). With this, instead of using the dials as a calculation, you have three points to align them and can isolate a character from the inner dial (radius between marked center and aligned speed/distance values)

So doing that, I get: "MSG[1]FY[J/M]ZAN2ZYGZ".
    In brackets:
    • [1] the radius gets close but doesn't really go through 1, so maybe a blank instead
    • [J/M] the radius gets over J but also very close to M.