Territory Wars: Community Style [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Silence from CG. Simply maddening isn’t it?

I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you.
  • Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Silence from CG. Simply maddening isn’t it?

Indeed.

I think they have to talk amongst themselves about whether this needs to be cancelled or not.
    Watch... their response to this will be way off the mark. Something like “we’ve read your comments, and -DON’T WORRY- we’ve decided to fix this! We’re getting rid of territory wars for good.”
    [facepalm]

“We have heard you loud and clear! The vote is cancelled and we will block all 10 groups from tw instead!”
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    EgoSlayer wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    Im expecting the announcement about this to be at 4:45 so they can drop it and run.

You're optimistic - I'm not expecting anything until the 9th when they said they would post the voting results.

Lol I’m sure it will still be 4:45 on the 9th
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    6q21isgwoba0.jpeg
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    Spidee wrote: »
    3pourr2 wrote: »
    6q21isgwoba0.jpeg

Is that an actual picture from CG HQ?

It was in their recent vacation pics
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Options
    CG looking for feedback in the forum

rj54agkcrir9.jpeg
  • Gannon
    1633 posts Member
    Options
    I guess they're not going to address this today?
    where's our community manager person 👀
  • Options
    So, we get the official Millenium Falcon announcement but nothing about this or the road ahead. What a surprise.
    I'd like to hope they'll still do what they actually promised to do today but it's well past 5:00 local time for them.
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    I put a zeta on KRU just last week for the sole purpose of improving the viability of my FO team for TW and GA. Now him and several other essential FO members are on the chopping block. Games are supposed to be enjoyable, and people don’t enjoy having their hard work made null.
    Post edited by Droideka on
  • Options
    You all are hysterical! I am putting my daughter to bed...waiting for her to go to sleep trying not to literally laugh out loud and wake her up.
    Letting us dangle here while they decide...not so funny.
  • Gannon
    1633 posts Member
    Options
    You all are hysterical! I am putting my daughter to bed...waiting for her to go to sleep trying not to literally laugh out loud and wake her up.
    Letting us dangle here while they decide...not so funny.

I bet @CG_SBCrumb is laughing tho

wuwl3a6adzql.gif
  • Options
    If this goes through we will have to start new vote on which EA worker to FIRE for the dumbest idea ever suggested.
  • Options
    j2fy4h545ids.gif
    SkiaRyder wrote: »
    If this goes through we will have to start new vote on which EA worker to FIRE for the dumbest idea ever suggested.

• Tryxa
    179 posts Member
    Options
    How about a TW in which you can use only toons that do not have a zeta?
  • Options
    I would love a tw where no toons g10 or higher can be used
  • DreddFett
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    If this gets implemented, I'm going to boycott the Grand Arena. I've spent too much time developing my characters just to see some of them banned from Territory Wars. (Yes, I realize I would be hurting myself. If that's what it takes, then so be it....)
    Post edited by DreddFett on
  • Options
    Not like boycotting ga or tw will make a difference at all your not hurting them just yourself
  • Options

Why?
  • Options
    Comet19 wrote: »

Why?

Cause would change it up and allow toons that no one really ever use any more would put a different thought into it
  • Gannon
    1633 posts Member
    Options

Why?

Cause would change it up and allow toons that no one really ever use any more would put a different thought into it

That would cause the same problem tho, people being punished for ranking up characters. It's exactly what we're trying to prevent here.
  • Options
    Gannon wrote: »

Why?

That would cause the same problem tho, people being punished for ranking up characters. It's exactly what we're trying to prevent here.

I actually like the idea make players spread there toons and gear up more then only the best toons it allows for a more diverse playing style i think the random toon buff where kinda lame and didnt accomplish all that much as changing the way tw was played
  • Options

Why?

Oh boy.
    First and foremost, you are advocating automatically taking away toons once they become arena viable. This also breaks the rule that the more effort you put into your toons, the better you should perform in game.
    Secondly, you're basically suggesting that p2p and long-time f2p players should not participate in TW, when it's the game mode largely enjoyed by end game players.
    I'm just going to go out on a limb and say you don't upgrade toons very much, which is why you're suggesting this.
  • DarthRevan1023
    637 posts Member
    edited January 2019
    Options
    473ae77ne9ua.jpg

Why?

Oh boy.
    First and foremost, you are advocating automatically taking away toons once they become arena viable. This also breaks the rule that the more effort you put into your toons, the better you should perform in game.
    Secondly, you're basically suggesting that p2p and long-time f2p players should not participate in TW, when it's the game mode largely enjoyed by end game players.
    I'm just going to go out on a limb and say you don't upgrade toons very much, which is why you're suggesting this.

Im at 3.8 mil my 2nd half of my roster is g6-g9 toon and most are useless toons that i wont gear up for a while. Yes i do gear up toon and lvl them almost my whole roster is lvl 85 except for abot 18 or so toons
  • Gannon
    1633 posts Member
    Options
    473ae77ne9ua.jpg

Why?

Oh boy.

Im at 3.8 mil my 2nd half of my roster is g6-g9 toon and most are useless toons that i wont gear up for a while. Yes i do gear up toon and lvl them almost my whole roster is lvl 85 except for abot 18 or so toons

I Literally have one toon at g10..
  • Options
    First off, I haven't read all 52 pages on this thread, sorry if I missed something
    DreddFett wrote: »
    If this gets implemented, I'm going to boycott the Grand Arena. I've spent too much time developing my characters just to see some of them banned from Territory Wars. (Yes, I realize I would be hurting myself. If that's what it takes, then so be it....)
    Droideka wrote: »
    I put a zeta on KRU just last week for the sole purpose of improving the viability of my FO team. Now him and several other essential FO members are on the chopping block. Games are supposed to be enjoyable, and people don’t enjoy having their hard work made null.

Um... Where does it say "banned from Territory Wars"...
    • It says "Any groups NOT chosen will be unavailable for this Territory Wars" (emphasis mine) -- Meaning that this is not a permanent decision
    • The announcement says that this is one of many ideas they have had for Territory Wars, I, for one, think that this is a very interesting idea, breaking up meta teams and making people think more about team composition. But remember, they are not saying 'This is how TW will be for the rest of the life of the game', but "We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future".
    Remember, in one of the first announcements, they said:
    Kozispoon wrote: »
    "Anticipate regular changes to keep gameplay varied and exciting! These could include unique unit bonuses and Platoon Missions."

I think perhaps people need to calm down and wait see what this looks like, rather than assume the worst

And @Droideka, you're FO team isn't null, you just might not be allowed to use some of them this event
  • Options
    How about we have a Territory War with only Toons at level 1 that can do the Chicken dance.
  • Options
    So this style should not effect you with the random banning then alot of different games do limitations on competitive plays to level the playing field and to change it up so what if they limit the toons this month a few months they might do it again ir not they also said they have several different ideas for tws so they might have the next several months of tw's planned out all different maybe a 3v3 other random faction/toons buffs (which i dont like), maybe faction only zones or generaic buffs/debuffs fir zones for defense and/or offense on those zones and others some people might hate others the might like so you just got to deal with it i can see they are wanting to shake it up and have players expand there roasters to get away from the hyper focus playstyle that dominates tw/ga
  • Options
    First off, I haven't read all 52 pages on this thread, sorry if I missed something
    DreddFett wrote: »
    Droideka wrote: »
    I put a zeta on KRU just last week for the sole purpose of improving the viability of my FO team. Now him and several other essential FO members are on the chopping block. Games are supposed to be enjoyable, and people don’t enjoy having their hard work made null.

Um... Where does it say "banned from Territory Wars"...
    • It says "Any groups NOT chosen will be unavailable for this Territory Wars" (emphasis mine) -- Meaning that this is not a permanent decision
    • The announcement says that this is one of many ideas they have had for Territory Wars, I, for one, think that this is a very interesting idea, breaking up meta teams and making people think more about team composition. But remember, they are not saying 'This is how TW will be for the rest of the life of the game', but "We are planning to roll out many new types of Territory Wars in the future".
    Remember, in one of the first announcements, they said:
    Kozispoon wrote: »
    "Anticipate regular changes to keep gameplay varied and exciting! These could include unique unit bonuses and Platoon Missions."

I think perhaps people need to calm down and wait see what this looks like, rather than assume the worst

And @Droideka, you're FO team isn't null, you just might not be allowed to use some of them this event
    I would say that FO is one of the teams getting hit the hardest, as pretty much every First Order toon minus Phasma and the tie pilots are liable to be excluded from the event. In fact, Kylo, executioner, and First Order Stormtrooper are all in the dev pick groups, meaning that at least 2 of them will be banned, and possibly all 3, plus any of the other FO toons that may be banned, which can be quite a few. I can say with almost complete certainty that I will not be able to put 5 FO toons together for a team by the end of the event.
  • Options
    473ae77ne9ua.jpg

Why?

Oh boy.

You ignored my concerns I had with your idea. If you don't care to address those and how it would effect how players would prep for TW, there's really no need to continue this conversation further.
    Also, style points for editing out the name on the swgoh account. No way of knowing if that roster is even yours.
This discussion has been closed.