Content Update 2/6/2019 [MEGA]

Replies

• Mesune
    18 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Dear CG, Dear EA,
    The current update is not what we have wanted; it is not what we have been waiting for. GG rework is something no one needed except Ahnald and may be few other ppl out there that thought it is a smart idea to gear up a char that noone else have. Please don’t do such reworks anymore- there can not be only uber characters, there should also be mediocre and poor characters. In the movies GG was not someone invincible let say compared to Sidious or Mace Windy, so his (or its?) rework was not something obligatory.
    What we actually need is setting Carth and Juhani to farmable locations of course combined with the announcement of an incoming new legendary/hero's journey event.
  • Not sure if troll
  • While I agree that carth and Juhani are due to be farmable you shouldn't assume that nobody wanted a grievous rework or assume what people want from this game in general. Also grievous was more powerful than depicted in episode 3, I'd suggest watching the clone wars series. He's a pretty awesome character
  • It’s not what you wanted... the other 95% of the community is giddy with excitement. Just sayin.
  • Speak for yourself mesune.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Mesune wrote: »
    Dear CG, Dear EA,
    The current update is not what we have wanted; it is not what we have been waiting for. GG rework is something no one needed except Ahnald and may be few other ppl out there that thought it is a smart idea to gear up a char that noone else have. Please don’t do such reworks anymore- there can not be only uber characters, there should also be mediocre and poor characters. In the movies GG was not someone invincible let say compared to Sidious or Mace Windy, so his (or its?) rework was not something obligatory.
    What we actually need is setting Carth and Juhani to farmable locations of course combined with the announcement of an incoming new legendary/hero's journey event.

Dear fellow other player, you are not US, you can only speak for yourself. There are numerous droid fans I know that warrants this update.

You know what, I'll go all in for my GG team, but won't even bother for the new DS thing in february until it's 2nd run. And yes, both Mace and Sid also needs an update. One doesn't annul the other.
  • Oh.. It seems I found the other 3 ppl except Ahnald.
  • Spot the person with a 5 star GG ☝️
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    Oh.. It seems I found the other 3 ppl except Ahnald.

Don’t worry there will be more you cannot speak for community but your opinion is allowed
  • evoluza wrote: »
    No_Try wrote: »
    Dear CG, Dear EA,

Dear fellow other player, you are not US, you can only speak for yourself. There are numerous droid fans I know that warrants this update.

You know what, I'll go all in for my GG team, but won't even bother for the new DS thing in february until it's 2nd run. And yes, both Mace and Sid also needs an update. One doesn't annul the other.

Dear US guy. That's an international game.
    Can agree with the rest

USA USA USA
    Dear CG, Dear EA,

Can agree with the rest

Read again rofl.
    >:)So what? I want Krell!
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    evoluza wrote: »
    Dear CG, Dear EA,

Can agree with the rest

Lolol, I'm not from US. I doubt one can be a country though.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    Dear CG, Dear EA,

Can agree with the rest

Lolol, I'm not from US. I doubt one can be a country though.

You can be. If you feel like a country, you are a country

Yeah true, people identify with all sorts of things these days. I'd rather be a mountain though.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »
    This thread is either full of trolls or complete ****. I wonder which...

Why not both?
  • Omeah wrote: »

Everyone has been so civil and understanding lately, it's high time for a good dumpster fire.
    Dear CG, Dear EA,

Can agree with the rest

"Us" as in "you are not us" capitalized for emphasis.
  • Mucro
    101 posts Member
    Omeah wrote: »

The guy is clearly trolling.
  • This is the best thread I’ve read on here in quite a while. Completely disagree with almost everything said by OP (even though I don’t like grievous,) but everything else, just gold.
  • Turvantus
    223 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Shenanigans aside, Grievous in the comics and some books was actually depicted as one of the most menacing adversaries in Star Wars.

It wasn’t until movie form that he was depicted as quite frail and practically cowardly in action.

Edit; Maul is another example of complete opposites between literature and film.
  • "we"
  • Stenun
    851 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    There's a quote that is sometimes attributed to Henry Ford, despite there not being any evidence that he ever actually said it, that goes: "If I had asked the people what the wanted, they would have said faster horses."

While I often disagree with the Devs approach to overpowering new characters and ships, and I also believe their communication is often laughably bad to the point of ruining people's games some days, I think it's a bit of a stretch to chastise them for bringing out things just because we weren't expecting it. Let them bring these things out, I doubt it means it was an "either/or" decision - more a "which first".

Edit:: I have absolutely no doubt that the General Grievous re-work will be overpowered - possibly even stupidly so. I'm just saying that I don't object to it in principle and don't see why we have to complain just because the next thing for the game isn't what we were expecting. By all means complain that the next thing for the game is bad or overpowered. But complaining because a re-work is "not what we wanted" is stretching it.
    Post edited by Stenun on
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Still no farming locations for Carth an Juhani... Well, at least I have a few days to finish Magnaguard after Duke Nukem Canderous.
    Dear CG, Dear EA,

Can agree with the rest

He's talking about us as in we not about the United States

Lol
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Dear CG, Dear EA,
    The current update is not what we have wanted; it is not what we have been waiting for. [insert current new thing] is something no one needed except [insert some subset of players] that [insert the reason why they are wrong]. Please don’t (do such reworks)/(add such characters)/(add such game modes) anymore- there can not be only [stuff], there should also be [other stuff]. In the movies/shows/games [insert irrelevant justification], so his/her/its rework/addition was not something obligatory.
    What we actually need is [insert things you want].

Here, turned it into a template for any future update.
  • While I think GG rework wasn't a bad Idea, taking in mind he is one of the iconic characters of the prequel and clone wars series (remembering also the imminent last season of the show), I agree with the OP about Juhani and Carth.

I, used to the scheduling of the past events, fast (panic) farmed Canderous and Bastila fallen, hoping to take an advantage over others. Be one of the few to unlock a new legendary (we all know I'm talking about Darth Revan) would have been a huge reward for p2p.

Doing so, forwarding its releasing, suspending the Juhani Carth release, is a fist in the eye (and after the ban of Revan in TW I think it is not the first fist I receive after I paid some money), of the customers you should hope they stay here in this game.

What are you doing?