General Grievous Rework Gameplay Unveiling with Text! WE DID IT!

Replies

• Options
    #NeverForget 2/21/2019. RIP Grievous 😭
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Reyalp wrote: »
    Thanks for assisting in this mass ripoff trick, Ahnald.

Not his fault tho is it? CG supplied the material and like the fan boy he is he didn't look at it objectively.
    haha, aren't you giving exacty the reason why it is his fault atleast partially?

To suggest that Ahnald is a willing accomplice is absurd and unfair. I know y'all are angry but be smart.

Well, I didnt spend resources on GG because CG said it would be amazing.
    I did that because Ahnald said 'it can probably counter every current and future meta..'

Yeah, right.

No worries, lessons learned.
    Ahnald easily sells his soul just to get into the spotlight for a day.
    Ill never trust neither Ahnald, neither any other GCs again.

Well, you can blame Ahnald all you want but if you jumped the gun and spent resources, that's on you. Ahnald is just as let down as anybody (maybe more). Let's all be big boys.

I don't blame Ahnald - but I am not going to watch his channel anymore. It's not his fault, but clearly CG just uses him as a pawn to over-hype content so they can under-deliver. Again, not his fault - but if I know the information/videos/content CG feeds him is misleading and only provided to manipulate him and the player base, why bother?

It's not information, it's propaganda.

Not his fault, but just going to hold it against him. Got it.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    Are we really bashing a youtuber that was super hyped about greavous and has been asking for a rework for over a year... for being hyped about a rework based on footage that was given to him by CG?

I mean really, that footage looked amazing. Would you in his shoes have not reacted the same way.

I wasnt on the droid train.... and even i got concerned my battle hardened day 1 revan was going to be making a climb due to all the droid teams after that video.

Dude. YES. This 100%.
  • Options
    If they just did a newsletter instead of this overhyped thread, maybe it would have turned out differently...
  • Options

Not his fault tho is it? CG supplied the material and like the fan boy he is he didn't look at it objectively.
    haha, aren't you giving exacty the reason why it is his fault atleast partially?

To suggest that Ahnald is a willing accomplice is absurd and unfair. I know y'all are angry but be smart.

I did that because Ahnald said 'it can probably counter every current and future meta..'

Yeah, right.

Well, you can blame Ahnald all you want but if you jumped the gun and spent resources, that's on you. Ahnald is just as let down as anybody (maybe more). Let's all be big boys.

I don't blame Ahnald - but I am not going to watch his channel anymore. It's not his fault, but clearly CG just uses him as a pawn to over-hype content so they can under-deliver. Again, not his fault - but if I know the information/videos/content CG feeds him is misleading and only provided to manipulate him and the player base, why bother?

Not holding it against him. Just won't let CG use him as a pawn as it pertains to me. It's not about him - it's about CG. What don't you get?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, right.

Not holding it against him. Just won't let CG use him as a pawn as it pertains to me. It's not about him - it's about CG. What don't you get?

Just your shoot-the-messenger tactic, is all
  • Options

Yeah, right.

He’s not shooting the messenger. Choosing not to shop at a particular place because, in good-faith, they distribute a fraudulent product is just common sense.

Look at it like this, if Joe Bob sells Bond Tires, and he believes Bond Tires are great, and you buy Bond Tires from him, then your Bond Tire blows out because the company sends him tires made from poor rubber, and your wife kids dies in the resulting wreck, are you going to go back to Joe Bob for more Bond Tires? If you choose not to do so, is that really shooting Joe Bob, or is that using common sense? Joe Bob was innocent, he believed the tires were great, but they weren’t. He was supplied a bad product, unbeknownst to him. That doesn’t mean you have to keep going to him for more bad tires.

I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, right.

He’s not shooting the messenger. Choosing not to shop at a particular place because, in good-faith, they distribute a fraudulent product is just common sense.

Look at it like this, if Joe Bob sells Bond Tires, and he believes Bond Tires are great, and you buy Bond Tires from him, then your Bond Tire blows out because the company sends him tires made from poor rubber, and your wife kids dies in the resulting wreck, are you going to go back to Joe Bob for more Bond Tires? If you choose not to do so, is that really shooting Joe Bob, or is that using common sense? Joe Bob was innocent, he believed the tires were great, but they weren’t. He was supplied a bad product, unbeknownst to him. That doesn’t mean you have to keep going to him for more bad tires.

Ok
  • Options
    This guy is not to blame for anything. He was excited seeing his favorite character reworked and given a supposedly viable team. He did not code and push out an early April fools joke designed to make a quick buck.

I purchased this character set and got them to gear 12, loaded with my best mods. I watch as 3 man squads rip apart the newest 'marquee' characters.

The videos posted made this a classic bait and switch. If mine were a newer account and not been around since 2015 i would have had MasterCard refund the crystal charges for not getting what was advertised.

This is shameful.
  • Options

Yeah, right.

So in your looney scenario the Bond Tires is equivolent to SWGOH content. Are you going to a different tire store to get Bond Tires? Joe Bob literally has absolutely nothing to do with anything in this ridiculous hypothetical.

Bond Tires and only Bond Tires is the culprit.
  • Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

Yeah, right.

So in your looney scenario the Bond Tires is equivolent to SWGOH content. Are you going to a different tire store to get Bond Tires? Joe Bob literally has absolutely nothing to do with anything in this ridiculous hypothetical.

Ahnald did nothing wrong whatsoever. He got exclusive, BAD info from CG and passed it on in good faith.

I will keep watching his videos, and I encourage others to do so, as well.

My point is, it’s not punishing him if you don’t trust the material he’s passing along from CG, you have no duty or obligation to keep going back to him for more of it. Yes, it is ok to go to another YouTube who deals in after-release analysis and doesn’t pass along exclusive pre-release marketing hype.
    I am the jedi dog battle droid C-3PO could not kill.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    SmurfLAX28 wrote: »

Yeah, right.

Ahnald did nothing wrong whatsoever. He got exclusive, BAD info from CG and passed it on in good faith.

I will keep watching his videos, and I encourage others to do so, as well.

My point is, it’s not punishing him if you don’t trust the material he’s passing along from CG, you have no duty or obligation to keep going back to him for more of it. Yes, it is ok to go to another YouTube who deals in after-release analysis and doesn’t pass along exclusive pre-release marketing hype.

I agree with you and @Khyron . You don't have to trust the material he gets from CG and I'll be skeptical moving forward. But the man doesn't ONLY post CG material. He's an individual with his own Youtube channel and he posts a lot of great things, a small percentage of which is content provided by CG.
  • Options

Yeah, right.

But he is just a pawn for CG. He wanted this rework for years and was the most ardent advocate for it, and CG turned around and shafted him and Grievous. And what did he do about it?
    https://youtu.be/V610uEDNrP0
    He gave CG $500 to star up his Seperatists because he desperately wanted to make sure that the Seperatists were not a terrible faction. Spoiler alert, maxed out 7* g12+ Seperatists team is a coin flip to beat a Revan team and relies on good RNG, and still can’t beat other squads.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Droideka wrote: »

Yeah, right.

But he is just a pawn for CG. He wanted this rework for years and was the most ardent advocate for it, and CG turned around and shafted him and Grievous. And what did he do about it?
    He gave CG $500 to star up his Seperatists because he desperately wanted to make sure that the Seperatists were not a terrible faction. Spoiler alert, maxed out 7* g12+ Seperatists team is a coin flip to beat a Revan team and relies on good RNG, and still can’t beat other squads.

So to review: CG uses Ahnald as a pawn to get us to spend money on the game, but Ahnald spends $500 of his own money and shows us why it isn't worth it. Got it.

You're very good at making sense.
  • Options
    This has to be the worst PR blunder ever. I hope CG is happy with what they did here. Still waiting for the CG Livestream of this team showing us what they showed duplicated.
  • Options

Yeah, right.

So to review: CG uses Ahnald as a pawn to get us to spend money on the game, but Ahnald spends $500 of his own money and shows us why it isn't worth it. Got it.

The devs have shown us time and time again that they do not listen to the community, they listen to money. And he gave them a bunch. The only way to send them a message is to stop giving them our money.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options

Yeah, right.

The devs have shown us time and time again that they do not listen to the community, they listen to money. And he gave them a bunch. The only way to send them a message is to stop giving them our money.

Ok
  • Options
    I am just going to post this here: https://www.usa.gov/consumer-complaints

Why is this worth complaining you ask? They first distributed a content that were apparently fraudulent, and they did not deliver. This made people spend a lot of money. Dear @AhnaldT101, please dont remove any of your content, if you dont secretly work for CG. If you do, that's a whole other process.

And dear CG, please consult your legal department before removing this post.
  • Options
    Well, Grievous and the Separatists droids need a ton of zetas and gear to get maxed, and have no use. We all know what that means.

They will be needed for a legendary, then they will be tossed aside and collect dust for many, like Phoenix squads. (Which are better than Grievous teams, might I add.)
  • Options
    Why has this thread changed from GG rework to focused on a fellow swgoh player?
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    According to the devs, right now they are waiting to see what the community is able to do with Grievous. They truly do not know if he is good or not, so they are waiting for the community to come back with a definitive answer. Only then will they consider making tweaks to improve his viability. They also still think that GG has good damage and people are just not modding him for health properly.
    Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/atjyon/angry_incoherent_rant_from_a_whale/
  • Options

This was perfect until the Wife and kids deaths LOL!! That was unnecessary
  • Options
    aperingo wrote: »

This was perfect until the Wife and kids deaths LOL!! That was unnecessary
    ^This
    It is understandable to be upset over this, but what happens in a mobile Star Wars game is incomparable to that kind of loss
  • Droideka
    615 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    They also said that they don’t plan on GG being able to consistently beat Revan, because they saw that as a “**** move” to those that have Revan.
  • Options
    Hey stop screaming!
    The team can one shot traya in p3 if sith raid!
    Great! Now they will nerf the team.
  • Options
    Hey stop screaming!
    The team can one shot traya in p3 if sith raid!
    You would think that they would begin testing any new releases against p3 at this point with how many things they end up having to nerf because they can solo it.
  • Options
    They also said that they don’t plan on GG being able to consistently beat Revan, because they saw that as a “**** move” to those that have Revan.

Everybody has Revan. That's why the meta is so ridiculously boring - and why the meta report shows 80% of the top 100 teams running Revan. And the Revan meta has already lasted longer than any other meta to my knowledge. So that's just more deception coming from CG.

I also really enjoy the condescending idea that, even though some of us have played the game for 3+ years, we don't know how to read abilities and mod characters accordingly. Or don't have any guild chats set uo specifically for theory crafting and sharing ideas.

Here's a thought - if CG really wants to make swgoh a better game, listen to the feedback from players who have been playing the game longer than most of them have been working on it. And as a bonus, most players will bring something that seems to be lacking lately - honesty.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I think a simple (small second) rework to three of the characters would probably push them to doing what they were advertised to do. I actually already thought out all the needed steps. CG probably won't listen to me, but I might send them an email about it anyway.
  • Options
    I got carried away with this rework of Grievous and ended up spending 1 zeta on his leadership ability. How I regret it! Imagine Ahnald as you should be feeling right now.
    What do we all hope is that the CG works a miracle, we expect the CG reconsider this rework of Grievous and improve the skills of your squad before all these droids return to some the junkyard on Tatooine.

6hodn3xf4yl1.png