Update on the Finn/Threepio Raid Interaction: Resulting Finn Modifications [MEGA]

Replies

• Options
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Perhaps if they didn’t wait over a week to respond to this thread, even once, more people would be calmer and willing to discuss things in a more civilized manner.
    Almost two weeks without so much as a peep? They better expect many to be angry and cynical. Your cynicism and sarcasm, and unbearably naive defense of all their mistakes isn’t really helpful either ;)
    Have you met this forum? No. No, they wouldn't.

Silence like this is more likely a sign they're drafting an official statement because folks are looking to mangle and misconstrue anything they say if they say it casually.
    Still not a he.
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The fact that you remain silent just goes to show your promise of increased communication is a flat out lie. You have given the community absolutely no reason to trust anything you ever say again.
    Your decision making has been poor at best the last year and it shows. The rank in the App Store says enough. It’s falling faster than Palpatine down the energy shaft.
    You decide to increase marquee pack prices to force purchases of crystals which everyone has blasted yet no response.

Try communicating. It’ll go a long way, but as we’ve seen for a long time, you are incapable of it.

#F2Psince2016.
    Yeah, that's gonna convince them they're in for a healthy and productive chat with you.

Since you're such an expert on what gets CG on their own community forum, what (other than cravenly agreeing with a rework nerf you disagree with) do You suggest? Otherwise, you're just sniping at everyone who is pointing out CG community managers have not engaged with their community forum in now.... 12 days. This after suggesting it was a proposed change and asking for feedback. Of course, these were the same people who said the ZFinn lead was working as intended and the only problem was in P3 of the Sith raid.
  • Options
    I agree with most here, as I said before.

The changes proposed, while interesting on everything but the lead ability, have an effect not only on Finn, but on a large chunk of our roster, since we would be directed to run 5 resistance characters with Finn lead - not to mention refocusing their mods on speed, just like the majority of the characters in this game.

This is a holotable sim game afterall, so, making teams from different factions work sound like what a holotable would actually be like - not that it matters much, but that has to account for something, right?? If you wanna go by lore, than there should obviously be penalties for running more than 2 Sith, lol.

On paper, I don't like the change and I believe a zeta refund would be the decent/reasonable/logical thing to do on all characters that go through changes to their abilities. Heck, if not a total refund, maybe even 10 zeta mats and 5 omegas.

The fact is it DOES change the character in his core use! His purpose and mechanics will significantly change and, as I said multiple times, I don't like having one less option to beat Revans.

Being vocal about it is the only thing we can do. It's the only "weapon" we have, aside from never spending again or quitting the game. They did ask for our opinion, right?

Well, if you are keen on changing Finn, try to keep him as a viable option to beat what he is currently able to beat (don't give me that GK lead and MAYBE KRU - it makes you sound like you have never played this game), give Resistance tags to the vets and refund the zeta.

Give us VALUE.

Like many, Finn was my 1st zeta, by the way.
  • Options
    Perhaps if they didn’t wait over a week to respond to this thread, even once, more people would be calmer and willing to discuss things in a more civilized manner.
    Almost two weeks without so much as a peep? They better expect many to be angry and cynical. Your cynicism and sarcasm, and unbearably naive defense of all their mistakes isn’t really helpful either ;)
    Have you met this forum? No. No, they wouldn't.

Silence like this is more likely a sign they're drafting an official statement because folks are looking to mangle and misconstrue anything they say if they say it casually.

I have actually. And the thing is that when the devs actually communicate with us more, the tone is far calmer.

Remember that Q&A the devs had after the RyDiggs meltdown? Remember the calm that followed that session? Remember how they promised to do that once a quarter? Or at least “try” to. Yeah it’s been a year and not a single one of those.

Maybe the community is quick to anger because the development team is claiming to take our feedback into account, yet goes the exact opposite direction we would like.

How many toons have been “fixed” for this raid already? How many times has the raid itself been fixed when these types of problems arise? Yeah I’ll let you figure that one out. Maybe the devs should look into the mechanics of the raid and fix that rather than completely overhaul another character that has lasting implications across the whole game.

The development team is getting backlash far quicker and to a greater degree because they’ve eroded all good will with the community. They’ve made false promises, ignored community feedback, and haven’t don’t much of anything to make us trust them at all.

I’d like to see you defend their choice to force people to pay double for character shards with marquee packs though. If you say “oh but crystals...” then stop right there. The response will be people are being forced to buy crystals for marquee farming. Not ok. I hope the numbers reflect the poor decision, and maybe they’ll actually do the right thing for once.

Oh and they keep saying that they “hear” us but the sad truth is that they aren’t listening.
  • Madlax
    119 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Oh and they keep saying that they “hear” us but the sad truth is that they aren’t listening.

Well they gave us a TW where we could vote out toons and teams so they DO listen! /sarcasm off
  • Options
    How many toons have been “fixed” for this raid already? How many times has the raid itself been fixed when these types of problems arise? Yeah I’ll let you figure that one out. Maybe the devs should look into the mechanics of the raid and fix that rather than completely overhaul another character that has lasting implications across the whole game.

The development team is getting backlash far quicker and to a greater degree because they’ve eroded all good will with the community. They’ve made false promises, ignored community feedback, and haven’t don’t much of anything to make us trust them at all.

I’d like to see you defend their choice to force people to pay double for character shards with marquee packs though. If you say “oh but crystals...” then stop right there. The response will be people are being forced to buy crystals for marquee farming. Not ok. I hope the numbers reflect the poor decision, and maybe they’ll actually do the right thing for once.

Two toons have been fixed for this raid. Those two toons are Nightsister Acolyte and Nightsister Zombie.

In a year. Two toons.

Currently, we have two more slated. Finn and Droideka. And the Droideka change is removing a feature that shouldn't have been there in the first place; taking advantage of negative speed.

Four units in a little over a year is not bad.

As for times they've fixed the raid itself? To the best of my knowledge, another three, maybe four if you want to be harsh in your counting. There was the on-damage effect interactions, and a little later Fives was added to that list, which counts as one or two depending on how you want to count. Then there was the reduced Expose damage. And there was the HP reduction on non-heroic.

So that's five changes in a year, four to heroic, with two more on the docket. Of those seven total changes, four of them affect anything outside of the Sith raid, and three of them affect anything outside of raids in general That is not bad. Particularly since this is a continuously supported online game, and continual change is a necessary fact of life.

As for the pricing changes? Eh. Prices change. They go up, they go down, they go left, they go right, and ain't nobody forced to buy anything.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    After seeing the developers address another issue with this game and completely ignore the 1000 and growing responses to this solution for the c3po loop, I resorted to going to EA Help :| The person I talked to said that he would relay the request for the developers to communicate with us in regards to this issue and that he's sure they would respond, and even though it's 99% unlikely that anyone is going to pop in here today and discuss all of the growing PVP imbalances that will happen because of their proposed choice it was nice to that a member of the SWGOH team actually listened to me. Even if that adviser has 0 intention of relaying that message to anyone, communication that didn't need to be begged for was pleasant.

Regardless of ignoring us like were all nagging pests instead of the daily players who helped make SWGOH a popular mobile game, the silence is just really telling (and responding to a post using "shill" doesnt count, I honestly thought something seriously derogatory was used to result in a response from the SWGOH team).

I don't expect a developer to pop in here everyday and respond to 1000 replies (that wouldn't have reached 1000 with actual communication), but the growing disrespect over how this was handled is what is causing this thread to grow more and more.

Why do fixes/nerfs/undesirable effects to the game get announced on Friday afternoons? Reworks/new characters/new game mods dont get this Friday afternoon treatment and it's sad that people are expected to sulk over the weekend and happily accept choices that negatively impact them and their long term investments.
    zFinn/C-3PO

We had a fix ready this week to change the interaction between Zeta’d Finn and C-3PO but after testing and reviewing its impact, we ultimately don’t feel this solution was good enough. In short, it wasn’t the clean solution we were looking for so we are continuing to investigate a change that should handle this issue as positively as possible.

Besides possibly sharing your first solution with us and seeing how we felt about it, how is this current solution clean in the slightest and affecting us positively? Better yet, how is ignoring the impact of nerfing an extremely popular zeta and multiple viable lineups that Finn's zeta created while also ignoring us for almost 2 weeks supposed to reassure us that you have our best interest at heart?
  • Options

Two toons have been fixed for this raid. Those two toons are Nightsister Acolyte and Nightsister Zombie.

In a year. Two toons.

Currently, we have two more slated. Finn and Droideka. And the Droideka change is removing a feature that shouldn't have been there in the first place; taking advantage of negative speed.

As for times they've fixed the raid itself? To the best of my knowledge, another three, maybe four if you want to be harsh in your counting. There was the on-damage effect interactions, and a little later Fives was added to that list, which counts as one or two depending on how you want to count. Then there was the reduced Expose damage. And there was the HP reduction on non-heroic.

So that's five changes in a year, four to heroic, with two more on the docket. Of those seven total changes, four of them affect anything outside of the Sith raid, and three of them affect anything outside of raids in general That is not bad. Particularly since this is a continuously supported online game, and continual change is a necessary fact of life.

As for the pricing changes? Eh. Prices change. They go up, they go down, they go left, they go right, and ain't nobody forced to buy anything.

I actually agree with you on this one.
  • Options
    We need to hound CG to refund the finn zeta as long as it takes. The decision to not refund was unfair as there was no problem with finn the problem was with c3po and the sith raid.

Please refund the zeta. Please support this cause
  • Options
    Yes, refund the zeta, but also take away all mats, gear, credits that youve earned while using your zfinn in the past years.
  • Options
    Fact remains that the character is changed drastically, especially his leadership, which has a Zeta, so a refund of that Zeta (zeta-mats, omegas, etc.) is a very appropriate solution. You can always choose to slap it back on.
  • Options
    I rarely post on these topics, but this one is different for me. Finn was my first Zeta and definitely one of my favorite teams to run. Alot of people are asking for the zeta to be returned since you are changing his kit. I don't really disagree with that, but I think CG should be thinking about the value of his current kit to the community.

I really have enjoyed being able to put the tank on Auto and let it run. I get that there are other teams that can solo, but Finn made easy and it is a lot of fun. Now you are taking that away.

If you are going to change Finn... then Tank and Pit raids, really do need a SIM option with good rewards. Refunding the zeta is fine, but it doesn't deal with the issue of those raids being a time commitment when really they have been mastered and we want to Auto or Sim those raids.

As others have said, P3 is my least favorite phase in the SITH raid and I just want to do some good damage without all the worrisome RNG and restarts to get a good run.

Release a character that can do some good damage in P3 that you are not going to nerf.
  • Options
    Since I'm told turn about is fair play. My interpretation of how the other side views this..

We don't need no darn suggestions.
    We don't need armchair control.
    No whiny kids in someone's basements.
    Brats won't you just leave us alone?
    Hey, Whiny, leave the Devs alone
    All in all, you're not on our radar at all...

Seemed only fair to use it for both sides..
  • Options

In a year. Two toons.

Glad you ignored their promised Q&A sessions with the community. Good call on what battles to pick.

But the changes to the raid itself...

Expose: They didn’t like the damage being done by expose so they nerfed it across the entire game. Not a change to the STR itself.

On-Damage: They didn’t change the interaction with the raid itself, they changed how characters reacted to it. A change to STH and Fives. So not a change to the raid itself.

Boss HP: After months of clamoring by the community, and a thread left ignored fo just as long, they finally decided to change the health pool of the bosses in STR when it took WEEKS for guilds to finish a single raid. They actually did something right albeit not in the timliest of manners. Oh in that same change they nerfed the heroic rewards into the ground outside of top 10 and haven’t responded to that. So there’s that.

As for the characters themselves effected?

Any Expose toon: Damage nerfed across the game. Not just the raid.

Acolyte: Fundamentally changed so that she no longer clears foresight’s to be of use to those teams and her damage output reduced even though “double damage”.

Paper Zombie: Forces gear progression for any viability of her revives and is a balanced fix overall for zombie herself. The main issue was the effect on daka, mama T and Asajj zetas becoming devalued. Daka becoming useless and Asajj and Mama T not as powerful. They did right by refunding Daka. Should’ve also given the same choice with Mama T unique and Asajj unique as well but not the end of the world.

STH and Fives: Their uniques don’t trigger in the raid. Didn’t cause loops, just massive damage which they couldn’t have. So a change to the characters interaction with the raid.

ZFinn: You know all about this one already. Completely revamp his entire kit and REFUSE to give back his zeta telling us they know he’s better based on testing. Doesn’t matter. That’s not what we used the zeta for. A change to the character. Not the raid.

Droideka: Another interaction they failed to test based on negative speed. Negative speed isn’t a big thing outside the raid so shouldn’t hurt his damage outside but it’s a change to his kit. Not the raid.

TLDR: Rewards (negative outside of top 10), Health Pool reduction (positive), non heroic buff for P3 sabers (positive). 2/3 changes to the raid itself as positive that took months to implement.

Toons: All with reverberating effects outside of HSTR......Expose teams (negative), Accolyte (Negative), Paper Zombie (Neutral and affected 3 other night sisters), ZFinn (TBD but no zeta refund and kills a solo HAAT team), STH and Fives (negative), Droideka (negative but no effects outside).

Plenty of changes. Most Not on the raid itself. One positive batch of changes took months to implement and shouldn’t have been a problem if tested properly. Oh there’s that pesky word again, testing.

It comes down to their failure to properly and adequately test the raid and interactions with toons now and in the future.

Notice a trend though. When a problem, as they deem it, benefits the players, a “fix” is quick to come out. When it hurts the players in any way, it’s painstakingly slow.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    OvWan4 wrote: »
    Release a character that can do some good damage in P3 that you are not going to nerf.
    Greedo rework, Chewie, Aurra, Revan...

There are actually quite a few P3 teams.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    As we are just in a middle of 3v3 GA might be worth adding that in 3v3 Finn zeta will be much worse as you have less resistance allies, meaning less bonus TM. So definitely not happy with the proposed rework. Finn zeta was my second zeta, way back when zeta abilities were introduced. He even carried me into top 20 of my arena. Please don't change Finn, leave him as is.

To be honest 3P0 should not be tagged resistance as he hardly has any presence in the latest trilogy.

So remove resistance tag from him 3P0, problem solved!

You are welcome :smile:
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    It's beginning to look a lot like Nerf-Mas, with every post I read.
    Take a look at zombie and Finn, it's STR once again
    With angry posts and uninformed boasts making friends.

It's beginning to look a lot like Nerf-Mas..
    With every zeta I spend.
    We get excited for something new
    Then shortly after what do they do?
    They find a glitch and stick it to you know who.

It's beginning to look a lot like Nerf-Mas..
    But really what can we do?
    We invested too much time
    Like me writing this silly rhyme.
    And the game goes on, and the game goes on..
  • KM1
    145 posts Member
    Options
    Hey Devs, where are you? Community managers still hiding from the community? If CG doesn't respect the integrity of good characters, why would we respect the Game?
  • Options
    OvWan4 wrote: »
    Greedo rework, Chewie, Aurra, Revan...

There are actually quite a few P3 teams.

Greedo is RNG Fest, Revan is P2 team, Aurra does 10 percent once geared up, but so what.

This is the reason I don't post much. My point was to highlight that P3 is not a fun phase in the raid. I want a team like finn where I can get in and do damage without all the RNG set up.

• Options
    But seriously - can CG work on new content - and stop messing with toons that work well in year old content?

The games has been dealing with lost interest for a while... this kind of things just looks like the death throws of dying company trying to hold on desperately to what they already have.

Move forward already.

This whole thing is just, yet, another, pathetic screen pass by CG.

Though, maybe I should thank CG? My screen time is down almost 50% from last year with the app.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, refund the zeta, but also take away all mats, gear, credits that youve earned while using your zfinn in the past years.

Man sarcasm is so hard to tell when reading, really need that tone of voice to make it work, lol.

Onto my daily post:

Baby Shark Doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Baby Shark

Refund Finns zeta Doo doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Refund Finns Zeta
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Are you going to fix this or what getting pretty old. You can’t have something broken admit it’s broken and then just not fix it forever. No point leveling proper tunes if you’re going to allow a bug like this to go on
  • Dark_Lord_Revan
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

Notice a trend though. When a problem, as they deem it, benefits the players, a “fix” is quick to come out. When it hurts the players in any way, it’s painstakingly slow.

You know CG is like the only game I know that hates when mechanics in game that they created help the player base.

• Options
    I am afraid to zeta characters now. They can just change them whenever they want and we’re screwed. Who will it be next.
  • Options
    Zinn is a fun zeta to play. I hope they decide not to change it.
  • Options
    Zinn is a fun zeta to play. I hope they decide not to change it.

Agreed. And if you really think about it, the traditional zFinn resistance team is in some regards a glass cannon. I'm speaking about for example Zfinn/Poe/RT/Pilot/SR. They do amazing even against high level teams AS LONG as the expose train continues. As soon as the other team gets a few turn in it can quickly go down hill..
  • Options
    It's day 12 and despite this evergrowing thread, the underwhelming nature of the Grievous rework, Droideka and Magnaguard bugs, the developers STILL manage to find time to focus on TW and Grand Arena and respond to feedback in those threads. At least we know that their around...they just dont care :| .
  • Options
    The core problem is the sith raid sucks.

Specifically the ridiculous tenacity, absurd protection regeneration and the stupid way many previously useful teams were simply rendered null and void by this raid and its obvious JTR-centric mechanics.

I can put my arena team(s) up against p1,3 and 4 and get paltry damage results. 5x G12.5 characters doing a meagre sum is just lame

The micromanagement required for Hsith which forces such heavy time investment is not fun. Not at all.

The previous 2 raids rewarded investing more time and micromanaging your runs BUT THEY DID NOT PUNISH YOU AS BADLY IF YOU DID NOT DO THIS. NOR WERE THEY BUILT AROUND ALL BUT FORCING YOU TO USE 1 SINGLE CHARACTER...

For kittens sake just move the kitten on CG. Bring out a new raid, learn from your mistakes (or dont) but stop pandering to this un-fun raid with all these nerfs and character changes. It wasnt enjoyable to start with. Its not enjoyable currently. I honestly dont see why you would tie so much to something which is nothing like the rest of the game and has no doubt caused more people to quit SWGOH than every other gripe combined.
  • Options
    Thanks Guys You Did Right This Time NO Complains Whatsoever Pls The Revan Monotony Is Annoying There Should Be Atleast 3 Viable Factions In Top 50 Arena Not 1 ☺
    GENERAL INSTANT
This discussion has been closed.