Darth Revan delays

Replies

• Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    Armatores wrote: »
    Why everyone sure that that is no way to design team that will be perfect counter to Revan? There is tons of way to do it without breaking game. What can DR have in his kit to do it

1. All enemy leaders start with 3 turns cooldown on all their abilities.
    2. Team immune to Mark
    3. Team not immune to mark but reflect it back
    4. Each time enemy hit marked character, he lose 30% offense, defence, health, protection, his cooldowns increased to 1 turn.
    5.When any toon at DR team receive mark debuff, all other toons get bonus 100% offence, defence, CD, CC, health, protection, speed for 2 turns, all their cooldowns resets and they get bonus turn immediately.

And so on... There is many ways to create team that will be powerful specifically against LS Revan.

Those are pretty good solutions, but I'm not a coder, and I have no idea if creating those circumstances are even possible. I really hope they can make DR counter Revan without breaking arena again. But again my main point is that judging by recent events, it looks like CG did a major course change with the release of DR.
  • Options
    A Darth Revan is never early or late. He arrives exactly as he needs to.

Fingers crossed for more time to farm.
    Carth is a struggle!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Lichbane wrote: »
    Corrog wrote: »
    This is adorable. There's zero indication they're having trouble with his kit. Zero.

You mean aside from changing HK lead, changing Badstilla, changing deathmarked?

💯💯💯And dont forget creating a new faction. For the people saying they've been planning this for half a year, and got everything figured out; then why did they have to rework a character that is only a few months old SPECIFICALLY for DR???

One of her reworked skills specifically names Darth Revan. So there's that...

Not really following how the two reworks and added faction couldn't have been in their plans and somehow indicate a pending disaster.

This.

How do we know this isnt all planned.

I mean any other time changes happen and they dont seem to be in the players advantage, they have this deep seeded plan to reap the benefits, but in this case, there is something wrong and everything is falling apart in the background.

Couldn't the date drop be similar to the GG "leak", a totally intended hint to keep the player base "in the loop", whilst acting like there is "nothing to see here, just move along".

And again, nothing is delayed, until its delayed, there is still time.

This is obviously has not been all "part of their plan" since Revan was released or when Fallen Bastilla was released. CG has stated several times that reworking characters, especially changing their kits is an absolute last resort that they try to avoid when they can.

The only things added to her kit were directly related to DR, maybe they just didnt want to give it away that early
  • Options
    "and i will show you ... where the iron crosses grow..."
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    This is adorable. There's zero indication they're having trouble with his kit. Zero.

💯💯💯And dont forget creating a new faction. For the people saying they've been planning this for half a year, and got everything figured out; then why did they have to rework a character that is only a few months old SPECIFICALLY for DR???

Not really following how the two reworks and added faction couldn't have been in their plans and somehow indicate a pending disaster.

This.

I mean any other time changes happen and they dont seem to be in the players advantage, they have this deep seeded plan to reap the benefits, but in this case, there is something wrong and everything is falling apart in the background.

Couldn't the date drop be similar to the GG "leak", a totally intended hint to keep the player base "in the loop", whilst acting like there is "nothing to see here, just move along".

This is obviously has not been all "part of their plan" since Revan was released or when Fallen Bastilla was released. CG has stated several times that reworking characters, especially changing their kits is an absolute last resort that they try to avoid when they can.

The only things added to her kit were directly related to DR, maybe they just didnt want to give it away that early

You could be right, but I seriously doubt that. Maybe if the only change to her was the DR synergy, but it wasn't. That theory doesnt explain why she was given a new debuff, and the mechanics of her ability fear were dramatically changed.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

This.

You could be right, but I seriously doubt that. Maybe if the only change to her was the DR synergy, but it wasn't. That theory doesnt explain why she was given a new debuff, and the mechanics of her ability fear were dramatically changed.

Agreed they could have given her that ability back then, but they could be adding it now to add another layer of synergy. It's hard to tell until we see DR kit.

I would also think it's possible that maybe they had a fluid plan back when she came out and the end result of this could have been DR or malak, and they left that ability open to one or the other granting that extra layer of synergy. But that is all just pure speculation.
  • Options

This.

"The changes to Bastila Shan (Fallen) are fairly minor in comparison to HK-47, but are also intended to improve her synergy in a Darth Revan team."
    "These minor changes were made to align her with Darth Revan’s release"
    Dude these literally came from a developer. It could have been spelled out any further for you
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    My point is that they did commit to a certain date, and then backed out. Which is not a good sign by itself, but taking in all the other facts about this release (jkr being too op, new faction, changes to a brand new character) to me this spells trouble. But we'll see I hope you guys are right that hes released on time, and wont break arena again. But at the moment nothing CG has done recently has me feeling optimistic...

depends on what you consider to be "breaking arena".
    For all we know the devs considered the JKR release a smashing success.

....Yes, and for all we know the Rams thought it was super awesome losing the super bowl....
    ...S M H.
    Even if all the players hate it, if it results in more money for ea/cg they will consider it a success.
    Personally i think the JKR release was fine, what they failed to do was releasing a suitable counter before the event returned, which ultimately resulted in leaderboards being dominated by the same team.
    For you it may be unthinkable that anyone could consider it a success, but you're probably only looking at it from your own perspective.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    Riffinator wrote: »

This.

"The changes to Bastila Shan (Fallen) are fairly minor in comparison to HK-47, but are also intended to improve her synergy in a Darth Revan team."
    Dude these literally came from a developer. It could have been spelled out any further for you

Not really. Her changes may have less text, but the specific anti-Revan abilities are more significant than HK's abilities
  • Options
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    I don't think they are delaying but treading carefully. Can't have another GG mishap. Honestly idk how DR can win. With 325+ spd Revan teams I can almost guarantee DR will be the first Target marked. Even if they do have identical speeds the hk and Bastila kits were released and correct me if I'm wrong they don't give DR bonus spd therefore Jolee Bastila etc will always make JKR faster and always applying mark making the new shiny DR obsolete.

Hopefully CG planned for this contingency.
    GG wasn’t a mishap. By their own words, they never intended Grievous to be good, just to be another squad to use in GA without arena or raid viability.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Options
    Droideka wrote: »
    H_B0MBZ wrote: »
    I don't think they are delaying but treading carefully. Can't have another GG mishap. Honestly idk how DR can win. With 325+ spd Revan teams I can almost guarantee DR will be the first Target marked. Even if they do have identical speeds the hk and Bastila kits were released and correct me if I'm wrong they don't give DR bonus spd therefore Jolee Bastila etc will always make JKR faster and always applying mark making the new shiny DR obsolete.

Hopefully CG planned for this contingency.
    GG wasn’t a mishap. By their own words, they never intended Grievous to be good, just to be another squad to use in GA without arena or raid viability.

Yeah they just allowed over hype and gave doctored video of him going over revan which isnt an accurate representation of GG for most users
  • Options

This.

Not really. Her changes may have less text, but the specific anti-Revan abilities are more significant than HK's abilities

BRUH DO YOU EVEN READ BEFORE YOU POST
  • Options
    Ryanwhales wrote: »
    Keeping us in suspense perhaps?

I would think that if it weren't for the fact that the sooner they release him the more profit they will gain...

Point known, point taken
    Get good and get a Revan. Ryanwhales
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I guarantee these delays are due to the fact that the devs are unable to find reasonable counters to Jedi Knight Revan.
    Looking at his kit, It's basically anti-JKR. What Devs are working on is to make him counter-able by other teams, but not to the point of getting through him with g11- characters. And THAT is hard, coz there are tons of characters and that is why there are so many unique debuffs which makes it harder by the time
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options

This.

Yes I do Bruh...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options

This.

Alright bruh, let's see you go ahead, and try to explain why DS Bastilla's changes are "minor"...
  • Options
    Devian wrote: »
    I guarantee these delays are due to the fact that the devs are unable to find reasonable counters to Jedi Knight Revan.
    Looking at his kit, It's basically anti-JKR. What Devs are working on is to make him counter-able by other teams, but not to the point of getting through him with g11- characters. And THAT is hard, coz there are tons of characters and that is why there are so many unique debuffs which makes it harder by the time

The kit is anti revan, anti traya, anti jtr, and anti cls....it is a really nice design.

They will bring out new characters to wear it down just like they did against traya and then revan.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options
    Calbear949 wrote: »

The kit is anti revan, anti traya, anti jtr, and anti cls....it is a really nice design.

They will bring out new characters to wear it down just like they did against traya and then revan.

I really dont see it being anti-traya, I actually think Traya may be one of the teams that will do well against him...
  • Options
    3nnbro65t5ir.jpg
    I guarantee these delays are due to the fact that the devs are unable to find reasonable counters to Jedi Knight Revan. Its basically fact that JKR is the most ridiculously op character of all time, so much so that he has completely broken arena. And this fact is supported by the outrageous statistics, as JKR now has 90%+ of the meta. And the majority of the player base (even those with Revan) have been bored to death with the broken gameplay. I have been stating for a long time how dangerous for the game it was to create such a ridiculously op character, but no changes have been made. And now I am 99.9% sure that these Darth Revan delays are due to the fact that they are unable to create a serious counter to JKR without again breaking the game.

Any other thoughts on the delay?

You are quite possibly right about the delay. For me it can’t come soon enough.

As for JKR...I don’t think he is OP but I do think Jolee is slightly OP. The amount of health and protection he gets back when he is called to assist or takes a turn is extremely annoying. I don’t agree with nerfs...but if they nerfed Jolee into the ground it wouldn’t bother me one bit.
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

We'll need to see, but it's not as direct as in JKR's case. I even thought for a moment that just 3(DR fB HK47) of them can beat any JKR team.
    from the looks of it, teams with c3po and sith could be able to manage.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options

We'll need to see, but it's not as direct as in JKR's case. I even thought for a moment that just 3(DR fB HK47) of them can beat any JKR team.

EP could shine again, gaining crazy amounts of tm whenever the Ferocity debuff expires, along with Vader dealing insane amounts of damage with culling blade. Add the Triumvirate for annihilation, Traya's dispel and Sion's taunt and DR could have a problem.
  • Options
    3nnbro65t5ir.jpg
    I guarantee these delays are due to the fact that the devs are unable to find reasonable counters to Jedi Knight Revan. Its basically fact that JKR is the most ridiculously op character of all time, so much so that he has completely broken arena. And this fact is supported by the outrageous statistics, as JKR now has 90%+ of the meta. And the majority of the player base (even those with Revan) have been bored to death with the broken gameplay. I have been stating for a long time how dangerous for the game it was to create such a ridiculously op character, but no changes have been made. And now I am 99.9% sure that these Darth Revan delays are due to the fact that they are unable to create a serious counter to JKR without again breaking the game.

Any other thoughts on the delay?

You are quite possibly right about the delay. For me it can’t come soon enough.

As for JKR...I don’t think he is OP but I do think Jolee is slightly OP. The amount of health and protection he gets back when he is called to assist or takes a turn is extremely annoying. I don’t agree with nerfs...but if they nerfed Jolee into the ground it wouldn’t bother me one bit.

Jolee is definitely tough, and annoying to deal with; but what is truly annoying is JKR's kit. It's not even the op things like his turn meter swap/ 80% heal, or his stun/buff immunity/ cd increase; it's the little clauses that make him counter literally EVERYTHING that really makes him ridiculous. The ones that annoy me the most is on top of his crazy speed he blocks pre loaded tm, starts with tenacity up for 1 turn, and cant be ability blocked. It's just so stupid, and over the top, it's like it was designed by a 5 year old on a power trip.
  • Options
    Nauros wrote: »

EP could shine again, gaining crazy amounts of tm whenever the Ferocity debuff expires, along with Vader dealing insane amounts of damage with culling blade. Add the Triumvirate for annihilation, Traya's dispel and Sion's taunt and DR could have a problem.

I think this could be true, DR is obviously anti-revan but he does seem to have vulnerabilities; unlike Joe. The one thing with ep though is you cant stun their team, but you are definitely on to something with the possible debuff/tm gain dynamic. Not to mention Vader hitting them while they have 10+ debuffs, and -150% defense; could end up being a mini anihilate.

What actually looks like it would be crazy, is a ep lead with DR, and FB. You could spread shock like wild fire, and cause all kinds of chaos. Also since DR teams are constantly debuffed Traya leads with constantly be gaining health while attacking. Plus I'm still not sold that this will hold on defense against JKR...
  • Options
    I have 1 at g10 2 at g11 and 2 at g12 fir the event atm
  • Options

This.

Alright bruh, let's see you go ahead, and try to explain why DS Bastilla's changes are "minor"...

I already did, again READ what I posted
  • Options
    D_ToX wrote: »
    Finished farming, what feels like an age ago. I’m more interested in knowing the gear requirements. I think I have everthing covered but I am dying to add G12 gear to Bistan and Scarif Trooper for Ship arena 🥶

Just to warn you, I already did that and it made no difference. 153 Bistan here and I still drop to the 20s.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    Options

This.

Wow, if that's your idea of an explanation; then obviously no amount of logic or reason will change your mind...
  • Options

This.

Wow, if that's your idea of an explanation; then obviously no amount of logic or reason will change your mind...

Unfortunately after reading your posts as well the same conclusion can be made about you. But nice try... SMH